Mingtown Nanjing Road Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 258 Tianjin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

The hostel is conveniently located near Nanjing East Road. I stayed in a twin room and it was nice and clean.

location is nice, within 5 minutes to reach nanjing road, plus near the metro station. Cleanliness is ok, a bit improvement in toilet is better. the only problem is cant connect via wifi, also some noise from the air conditioner

superb location! clean rooms and friendly staff!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Indonesia

Best hostel I have ever stayed at in Shanghai! This was my second time staying there, and I loved it. Too bad, the wifi did not work though. The location is perfect, it is super close to nanjing road and the bund - my favorite spot in Shanghai! Totally would recommend and come again! :)

Rooms were small and cramped, lockers not big enough for larger bags, and little space for them on the floor. Pro Location good near metro and walkable to all major sights.

Good overall. There was no WiFi in our bedroom, but fine I'm other parts of the hostel. staff helped us with buying train tickets. g Great location.

Location is excellent, very close to Nanjing Road and central Shanghai and Metro station. Staffs are friendly and helpful. Room is clean but toilet is smell. Overall is acceptable and quite value for money.

We've got some problem with the wifi but the location of the hostel is excellent and the rooms are good

very nice place

Very clean, some of the nicest dorms I've stayed in. Each dorm room has its own bathroom, so you only have to share with your roommates - very nice. Location on Nanjing Lu is excellent - a must-visit for first-time visitors to Shanghai. Within walking distance of lots of restaurants and a great bakery. Staff were helpful and nice but the desk was left unattended at night. My biggest complaint is that the wifi is terrible; I wasn't able to connect once the whole time.

We stayed at the cornered room which was so good. However, every morning the maids always made a loud noise and put many blankets in front of our room.

• 18th May 2015
  • Thailand

My favorite hostel in Shanghai. Always dependable for meeting good people.

I had a wonderful stay at this hostel. I met a couple of interesting people. The bathroom was super clean and I like the fact that one bathroom is shared per dorm. The staffs were helpful and friendly. The location of this hostel is strategic and I felt safe roaming around at night at that area.

Amazing location, highly recommend

We stayed in a private double room, it was quite nice. It had a soft comfy bed, a clean and modern bathroom, and even a couch/lounge area. The hostel even has an elevator! It is located quite close to a metro station for easy access to the rest of the city, and there is quite a lively street nearby for evening walks. You are relatively close to the Bund, but it is still a little bit of a walk.

The location is perfect but the hostel has a lot of problems, it smells really bad on the Floors and the Internet is a *! The staff don't help you with nothing but if you want a hostel just for sleeping is perfect!

We stayed in a double twin room and it was very clean and spacious. Probably the biggest and cleanest room I have ever stayed at a hostel. But the wifi sucked at our floor (4/F) and it was quite irritating, and the elevator looked shabby and was kind of scary. Anyway, I enjoyed my stay there. would recommend it to friends.

I only stayed one night in a double room, which was very nice and clean. Good value for money and great central location.

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hostel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

thank you for a great stay! really helpful staff and great facilities

I loved the location and value for money. The wifi connection was a bit temperamental, but that sort of comes with the territory.