Mingtown Nanjing Road Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 258 Tianjin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Brilliant location, easy to get most places in the city. Had no problems at all.

This was my first visit to Shanghai and I thought the hostel was excellent. Firstly it was very central. My room had everything a room needs as well as towels, hairdryer, tv and air condition/ heating unit and a kettle and cups (no tea or coffee) and they all worked fine. The rooms also had adapted plug sockets which allowed me to use Australian and British plugs and I believe European plugs too. The staff were very nice and friendly and spoke English. I thought the price was ok too.

• 30th Nov 2013

My hostel of choice when in Shanghai.

We LOVED the location of the Mingtown Nanjing Road Hostel. Everything we wanted to see in Shanghai was within a very short distance. The staff were so kind to us and really helped us out in a tough situation. I slept in a 6 bedroom dorm for one night and there was a huge patch of the ceiling right over my head that was suffering from water damage and a little mold. It was a little uncomfortable and worried me a little. Other than that, the stay was great!

the location is not the best. Close this hostel there is another that uis much more nice, on the top floor, great view and very nice staff. The staff do not work well and their desk in hidden. so they cannot control who is entering and going out from the hostel. Plus the made me pay a day more because they did not tell me the hour I had to check out. the staff does not exist at all. They seem to be useless. Really bad experience there, and I won-t go there anymore or suggest the place to others.

• 6th Nov 2013

지하철하고가깝고..방도좋아요... 화장실이좀좁았지만깔끔하고.크게불편한점은없었어요... 1층카페도나름분위기있고.편안하게잘지내다왔어요..ㅎ

Always the best locations

friendly staff, comfortable, clean and affordable rooms.

Thank you for your advice, we will try to improve,you are welcome to come again

It has an elevator, but only operates from 8 to 11 so if arrive late or leave early you have to climb the stairs... great location, and a nice hostel.

I was staying here for four nights and each night when I would come home my room key would not scan. I had to take it to front desk and argue with them to fix it every single day. Very inconvenient.

Thank you for your advice, we will try to improve,you are welcome to come again.^^

1 2 Next » last »