Mingtown Nanjing Road Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 258 Tianjin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

You really can't find a better location. So close to Nanjing road and the metro. The directions should mention that the street signs can be obscured by banners. I walked right passed the first turn but eventually found it. The staff is friendly. They let me leave my bags while I hunted down an ATM for my bank. The private rooms are nice. I can't comment too much on the social scene since I am only interested in a good night's sleep before heading out to meet friends.

Easily the best.

• 7th Feb 2015

Excellent! very easy to reach! it is 2nd time i arrive here, and i will return if i come back to shanghai! even they still have humidity problem. But it was great!

There was a bad smell at the lobby....burning sticks to cover the smell just made it worse!! The location was excellent! All in all, it was good. I would recommend it.

• 23rd Jan 2015
  • Greece

Our twin bed room was clean when we arrived and well equipped. Looks almost like a hotel and you get clean towels every day if you wish so. Unfortunately, the house keeping didn't clean the room at all during our 4 nights stay. We complained about that after 2 days at the reception but they didn't do anything. Furthermore there was a strange smell in the bathroom everyday, especially after having taken the shower. Nevertheless, still can recommend that hostel because of the perfect location!

I was surprised to have to pay the key deposit, since I'd never needed one before and nothing was mentioned about this on the HW profile nor in the personal e-mail after I paid the deposit. Apart from that, it had everything I needed in a hostel, locker with key, comfy bed & blankets, shower / bathroom, quiet at night.

• 16th Jan 2015

我住在南京路國際青年旅社。 可是服務員真的不親切。 如果我有時間,一定不住在這裡。 謝謝你。

It was inconvenient that Wi-Fi is only available on the first floor. Also, the water-pressure was not that strong on the fifth floor.

• 3rd Jan 2015