Mingtown Nanjing Road Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 258 Tianjin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Dorms could be cleaner if shoes were not allowed into the rooms.

This was my second stay at Mingtown Nanjing Road. The location can't be beat! I wish the wifi was a bit better. I couldn't connect anywhere but in the lobby. The staff is always friendly and helpful. It can be noisy on busy weekends but I will stay there again on my next trip to Shanghai!

Nice hostel, in a good area, bar served good food and reasonably priced, rooms were nice however marked down because there was a really terrible smell right outside our room and despite telling the staff many times they just put an incense stick outside our door which did not get rid of the smell. Other than that staff were actually very helpful.

Well located, quite nice staff that could provide with relevant information, good coffee! and breakfast ok. Room ok, bed not cleaned every day, quite a strong smell coming from the shower/canalization

Thank you for your comments and suggestions to our hostel,we will try to improve and welcome your coming again and you can recommend Mingtown to your friends^^

Under construction, but the place seemed like it had a lot of promise. Some of the staff seemed a bit awkward interacting with the guests.

They were renovating during my stay. Stayed in a 6-bed dorm, it's was pretty cramped but the location can't be beat. A 2 minute walk to E Nanjing Road and to the nearest subway. Can literally see the malls from my window. Staff were pleasant. WiFi was really on and off - it was really bad in my room but they do offer connections on every floor.

Really located in the most prime area of town, few yards away from the metro station at Nanjing road. Comfortable and Clean rooms. The staff is very cheerful and ready to help.

• 23rd Mar 2015
  • India

It is cheap and located nearby main street of Shanghai! Highly recommeded!

Excellent location, good price, average staff, bad WiFi signal. The baths and the kitchen were nice, but the bunk room I stayed in was too small for six people and we kept bumping into each other.

good location,just 2 min. walk from east Nanjing Road metro station.The room is really small,there is a restaurant named 德兴馆,the noodle is supper,don't miss that.

I stayed 3nights in 365inn hostel. The room condition was pretty good and clean. but The air-conditioner didn't work well. so I felt really cold. and there are bad smell in the toilet. and i think the location of hostel was nice and people was kindly. thank u :)

• 19th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

I came in really late BC my flight was delayed. There was someone up waiting for me with my room key when I arrived and I paid in the morning. Good service. Clean rooms. Good location.

You really can't find a better location. So close to Nanjing road and the metro. The directions should mention that the street signs can be obscured by banners. I walked right passed the first turn but eventually found it. The staff is friendly. They let me leave my bags while I hunted down an ATM for my bank. The private rooms are nice. I can't comment too much on the social scene since I am only interested in a good night's sleep before heading out to meet friends.

Easily the best.