Mingtown Nanjing Road Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 258 Tianjin Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Didn't get the room I booked because the room had a bit of flooding due to rain the previous 2 days. However the staff sought to call me up in advance and warn me I couldn't have my room but had to share with 3 other girls and there was no problem.

we will strive to improve, thank you for your advice and support.

Good central location, with a variety of places to eat out just around the corner. The staff were not very attentive, but could speak acceptable English. The room was clean and quite spacious, with free internet downstairs. The only major problem was the building work next door. The walls were so thin that it was as if somebody was in the room hammering and drilling right next to me. For 4 nights from 6:30am till 12:30 at night the noise continued. Recommended only after the work is completed.

we will strive to improve, thank you for your advice and support.

I've stayed in the Mingtown youth hostel in Nanjingroad, Shanghai for 5 days in early Apr 2014. The hostel has a best location to travel Shanghai - We could get to the Nanjingdong-ru subway station on foot within 5 minutes, and the Bund within 10 minutes! And the staffs are very kind and empty our wastebasket and change the towels everyday (For changing the towels, you should put the used towels in water basin before you leave the room.). The room has a card key, and also a door lock.

• 1st Apr 2014
  • South Korea

we will strive to improve, thank you for your advice and support.

Great location for metro and local sights. Staff very friendly and helpful and room looked like it had been refurbished the bathroom was very clean and new looking. Would recommend. We are 2 ladies in our 60's and felt very safe.

• 31st Mar 2014

The hostel's location is convienient, but it smell so bad inside the hostel also arround the hostel. And they give us a room which is cheaper than we booked, but still have to pay the same money. The stuff start to work so early and make many nosie, since the Soundproofing is quite bad, so you couldn't have a good sleep when the stuff working or customer passing.

• 28th Mar 2014