Mingtown People's Square Youth Hostel Reviews

No.35 Yong Shou Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Very nice hostel in a great area. Very spacious and comfortable 😊

Very good hostel! Some remarks: 1) toiletpaperbin should have a lid to be able to close it. This would avoid bad odors. 2) The airconditioning wasn't cold enough, it was still 26 degrees in the room with the airco on.

Was disappointed with our stay here. This was a returning visit after a previous stay that was pretty good, but things aren't improving. The staff were unfriendly and sour faced. The entire entry way, reception area and first floor reeked of rotting garbage from outside. The kitchen was closed for food of any kind for our whole stay (we were told the cook was busy). The rooms were average, but very noisy and my friends had to change rooms in the end. I saw two cockroaches on my bed. Foul.

Good location and close to metro. Room nice and bedroom and bathroom clean. Wifi virtually non-existent and KTV next door to room made it very noisy at 5am. Staff unhelpful.

Pros: Awesome location in the middle of Shanghai! Walking distance to the Bund and everything around it. Cons: All the dorms share showers and toilets and they could have been taken cared of a little better. There was water everywhere. They played movies every now and then in the bar and it was kind of annoying how the staff would change movies instead of just finishing one in one go. The movies were also often non-English ones with Chinese subs, Great for the Chinese clientèle I guess.

Decent hostel with friendly staff, good price and convenient location. The beds were comfortable and the café/bar a handy place to chill to out. My only criticism would be that the dorm room was a little damp and could have smelt better.

Decent hostel. Got a private double room. Average cleanliness for China. Amazing location, lots of food nearby. Pretty smelly outside downstairs, but not too bad in the room. Called to let them know I'd be late checking in and they were really nice about being okay with this.

Hostel's location is pretty good. It's very close to the people's square stn. But I was a little bit dissapointed that the vibe isn't social at all. Also public bathroom and shower all smelled bad, so hostel seems to do something for that.

• 15th May 2015
  • South Korea

The dorm has no real window to the outside so it's getting a little bit stiftling with six persons in one room. The bed is quite hard, but if you go for budget, that's what you get for!

Nice hostel! The girl at the front desk was rude. When I asked her what is the best thing to do in Shanghai she told me That I should look at the map by myself. The place is clean, but the sink on the girls restroom is liking and There is water all over the floor. Good location, easy to find. Nice people!

• 14th Apr 2015

NIce breakfast!!

As soon as i got into the hostel a lot of flies were flying around in the air. looks clean but doesn't . And it was very noisy at night i didnt know where the noise is from. I thought near the hostel there is a ktv.

Great spot!!!!

Second time staying here. A very good hostel with a great location.

Great location. Arrived early hours of the morning so all information left for me and was able to check in in the morning. Modern look.

When we stayed the bar closed at 10.30pm, and if you provide a reading light it shouldn't be broken! Other than that, this is an affordable and comfortable hostel right in the centre of Shanghai and well worth booking.