Mingtown People's Square Youth Hostel Reviews

No.35 Yong Shou Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

Decent hostel. Got a private double room. Average cleanliness for China. Amazing location, lots of food nearby. Pretty smelly outside downstairs, but not too bad in the room. Called to let them know I'd be late checking in and they were really nice about being okay with this.

• 23rd May 2015

Hostel's location is pretty good. It's very close to the people's square stn. But I was a little bit dissapointed that the vibe isn't social at all. Also public bathroom and shower all smelled bad, so hostel seems to do something for that.

• 15th May 2015
  • South Korea

Nice hostel! The girl at the front desk was rude. When I asked her what is the best thing to do in Shanghai she told me That I should look at the map by myself. The place is clean, but the sink on the girls restroom is liking and There is water all over the floor. Good location, easy to find. Nice people!

• 14th Apr 2015

NIce breakfast!!

As soon as i got into the hostel a lot of flies were flying around in the air. looks clean but doesn't . And it was very noisy at night i didnt know where the noise is from. I thought near the hostel there is a ktv.

Great spot!!!!

Second time staying here. A very good hostel with a great location.

Great location. Arrived early hours of the morning so all information left for me and was able to check in in the morning. Modern look.

When we stayed the bar closed at 10.30pm, and if you provide a reading light it shouldn't be broken! Other than that, this is an affordable and comfortable hostel right in the centre of Shanghai and well worth booking.

Very central, great location, but a bit overcrowded