NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

My luggage did not arrive when I landed and the airport and the staff were a great help. They provided a phone charger and towel to use and showed me where to get cheap toiletries and clothes. They also helped call the airport and eventually got my luggage delivered to the hostel the next day. You can book tours with them as well that seemed to be cheaper than some other people had paid from a tour booth. I would stay here again.

• 29th Jan 2016

Everything you could want from a city centre hostel, staff have perfect English, very helpful, airport pick up perfect, laundry quick, not really a party vibe but exactly what we wanted. 10 metres to get onto the main strip, but you can't hear anything from the hostel. Alleyway hostel is located on full of tasty and cheap food!

Pretty shabby hostel, beds are very squeaky and old. Our shower was flooded the entire time I was there but never got fixed. Good location but would not stay again.

We only stayed here for one night as we were traveling through the area. We had a private double room with ensuite which consisted of a bunk bed. The room was small but adequate. The bathrooms could use a little work, almost too small to shower. Otherwise the staff was very nice and helped us arrange our onward travel. Great location right off the main backpacking area. We were also able to meet travelers hanging out in the living room and swap stories which was nice.

It's my fourth visit to Saigon and the fourth time I'm staying here - in the heart of the backpackers' hubbub. The city centre's highlights are within walking distance, and you can get an iced coffee and a smorgasbord of Saigon street food -- and traffic -- all around

Great locations if you want to be near the restaurants, bars and nightlife and an easy walk to all the museums/markets. Great staff with a good breakfast to start the day. Nice rooms with aircon and ensuite. Staff was very helpful in booking us tours and buses for onward travel. Would definitely stay again!

The hostel was okay, the rooms were sober with a lot of damp spots on the ceilings. The people working here were also okay don't expect a lot of friendliness nevertheless when you ask them to organize something for you they will. The location is perfect though. Obviously the hostel is cheap and what you get suits the price. We booked this hostel after having read amazing reviews here on hostelworld that's probably why we expected a lot and were quite dissapointed with our stay

• 20th Jan 2016

Clean bathrooms. Very nice location. Nightlife area just a stroll away but noise can't reach the guesthouse. Free breakfast is really filling. Lobby great for meeting fellow tourists. Food sold by house owner in front of the guesthouse recommended.

I highly recommend staying in this hostel as it is perfectly located, clean, cheap and provides free breakfast. Also the staff are very helpful.

I planned on staying here only 2 nights but after my phone was stolen while walking on the street I ended up staying 5 nights. The staff were so sorry to hear about what happened and were such a great help in purchasing a new phone.

Great place to stop over in Ho Chi Minh. The staff are lovely, helpful and friendly. The breakfast is nice and the location it great.

• 18th Jan 2016

Good location near backpacker street. You can also buy bustickets to other cities. Comfortable bunk beds. Shower was really convenient since it was just outside the room.

I can't understand why this place has such high reviews. It's not terrible, but it certainly does not deserve to be in a "fabulous" rating category. The staff was, in our opinion, not all that friendly. Our 1st few questions were answered, but after that it seemed like we were a hassle. No common area. The room itself was dingy - no windows, scuffed up walls, and we killed a small cockroach that was running across the bed. Breakfast was mediocre. The only good aspect was location. Look elsewhere

it feels like home sitting in the ground floor

really nice place to stay, when you first arrive in vietnam

Rented a private room. It was clean and secure, location is very good, near the main party/restaurant street. Hostel is located inside a very small and narrow alley, which at the beginning (at night) might look suspicious, but after you've crossed it once, you will realise what a cool location it is. Staff as friendly and helped us save some dollars on the cu-chi tunnels tour and gave us a map and an explanation of the things to see around town.

Great friendly staff. No one tried to force us to buy any tours which was great.

The staff make this place great. You are close to everything and it's a great place to plan your journey. A little more difficult to meet people but everyone has to pass the couch so you can sit there a little while and strike up a conversation to have friends for meals. People are generally out all day and comeback for dinner time. Make sure you the park across the road for the evening to watch some sports and on some days talk with students who are practising English.

It's in a great location, very central, but slightly hidden away from the hustle and bustle. Staff were really friendly and helpful. I was looking for something quite chilled after a busy week and this was perfect for that. I would definetly stay there again.

• 2nd Jan 2016

Awesome hostel, Stuff is super friendly and help you in everything.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6