NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Fantastic staff here - very friendly and knowledgable and a highlight of the hostel. Dorm beds are very worn out. I had a metal bed that was rusty, loose and made a lot of noise. Didn't feel safe climbing to top bunk. Located on a typical vietnam side street which I liked. There is a common room but small and dark. Good overall stay but think it should be cheaper or they should upgrade some of the facilities.

Great area, super friendly staff, some beds are a little rickety but not bad

A little hard to find (down an alleyway off the main road) but worth it once you do.

Clean and comfortable in an excellent location. Staff that work there are so helpful. Helped us to plan our entire trip through Vietnam. Also the amount of information given to find the hostel on arrival was brilliant. Really felt like everybody working there cared about their guests! Thank you!!!

One of the best hostels that i have stayed in along my travels. Staff were amazing...very friendly, knowledgeable and competent..

Staff were fantastic, would help us whenever they could, always did more than we asked which was really nice of them (we needed help sorting out our travels to Hoi An, staff rang up hostels for us and arranged our stay!) breakfast was yummy, free tea and coffee was a bonus!! Location was very ideal :) would definitely recommend !!

They were so nice, clean and amazing location!

Staff were very helpful, rooms on the top floor are the best because they have a balcony and windows unlike the rest

The only thing this hostel has going for it is its convenient location. Aside from that, I wouldn't recommend staying here. The beds are uncomfortable and my back is in some serious pain now. Didn't sleep well and the aircon doesn't work well. Also I was on the 5th or 6th floor which was a pain to walk up each time. The place was clean until I noticed ants crawling around the beds. Find another hostel to stay at.

Great location and value for money, though the showers drains seemed to be clogged. Would stay there again! Also really appreciated the affordable tours offered.

I have absolutely nothing to complain about, and that is very rare.

This was the second time I have stayed at Ngoc Thao and both times have been extremely pleasant. sitting downstairs in the reception chatting to the ladies working literally feeling I was in my own home. They was extremely helpful in a sticky situation involving the police but that sticky situation was made a lot easier by the employees. It can be as sociable as you make it with only a stones throw away from the hectic streets of hcm City. Great stay!

Lovely staff. Nice clean & comfy rooms. Great place for ho chi min

Great location!

Really enjoyed my three nights at Ngoc Thao. The location in District 1 is perfect--it's in the heart of the busy and exciting neighborhood, but tucked away down a quieter alley way. They helped us to book tours directly through the hotel as well as helping us contact and set up our accommodations in other cities for later in our trip. Unlike other places I stayed in Vietnam, the wifi, hot water, AC, etc. all worked consistently and without any problems. Wonderful staff and accommodations.

• 24th Jul 2015

Had an awesome time at this hostel the beds were nice and the bunks were very solid. The family live in the property and the kid was so cute :) made it very homely I really liked it here , Staff can help with many different trips too .

Good location in an alleyway just off a busy street with plenty of food and bars. Walking district from most central tourist attractions.$15US for airport pickup service seemed like a lot.

NgocThao guesthouse was AMAZING! There was breakfast every day, the Wi-Fi was great, the beds were comfortable, the facilities were always clean, I felt safe, they helped me plan all my tours and day trips, they helped me getting to and from the airport, and even folded my clothes when I did my laundry there. They made me feel like I was part of their family. If you visit Ho Chi Minh, stay at this hostel!

The staff were so lovely and helpful! The room was clean and the whole hostel had a pleasant atmosphere. It was pretty chilled though only 30 seconds to the craziness of the city. The hostel was relaxed and it was easy to meet people over the free breakfast each morning! Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anybody :)

Staffs are very nice. ^^