NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

2008 Total Reviews

Good little hostel off the street near the markets and heaps of food spots. The pho down the street was good. Prepare yourself for the stairs, otherwise a cool little spot! Would stay here again!

Fantastic stay, staff were unbelievably helpful will definitely return in the future- highly recommend a stay here!

Highly highly highly recommend this hostel for 2 reasons: 1. CLEANLINESS of facilities - the staff does an excellent job at keeping the guesthouse clean. Also, the A/C and electrical outlets are very conveniently located near top and bottom beds. 2. STAFF - one of the most helpful and hospitable experiences I've had... Ever. Just a great experience and wish I could travel like this everywhere I went. It's also geared towards a quieter crowd. If you want to party, heaps everywhere in area.

Perfect hostel for every traveller. The staff is super nice and breakfast is good. You can meet people in the living room or if you just want to be on your own you can chill in your room. Very low key. Would recommend it to everyone.

Met a lot of nice people. Nice family atmosphere - not to big, great staff.

The family that runs this place is amazing! Location is great, rooms were clean and comfy, good security day and night. I would definitely stay here again

• 4th Nov 2014

The hostel is very good, the only problem is that it's in 5 floors and there's no lift.. So you have to be lucky with that..

This hostel is very well located, clean and with a very nice athmosphere. Breakfast is included and staff is very friendly. Definitely the place to go if you are in ho chi minh. :)

I really enjoyed my stay in HCMC and Ngoc Thao Guesthouse has a lot to do with it. The owner and staff are very accommodating and hospitable. They take time to listen to you and attend promptly to your needs. It felt like I have a host family rather than staying in a hostel. They create a homey atmosphere that makes guests feel comfortable and at ease. I love the breakfast chat and evening happy hour. This place has been a venue for me to meet lots of wonderful people. Rodge

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

Initially I felt quite overwhelmed arriving into HCMC until I got to the hostel; the staff were so friendly upon arrival and happy to help with everything including booking tours. The breakfast was fantastic, only had the pancakes for four mornings because they were so good! Also nice to have tea and coffee and water available for free. Met some lovely people whilst there, a great atmosphere and felt very safe there. Have to emphasise the amazing staff!

• 27th Oct 2014

My second time staying here and would stay again. Great place, great staff, awesome location!!

I was very happy with my stay! Clean enough facilities, very friendly owner, breakfast included WOO! and very very helpful getting me around and day trips etc. must bring your own lock though!

• 27th Oct 2014

Located very centrally in the backpacker's area. Staff friendly and helpful. Atmosphere is ok.

Great place run by local family. Off the main road away from all the noise and nice staff who look after everyone well.

Nettes Personal, saubere und bequeme Betten und gute Lage in Ho Chi Minh. Restaurants und Supermarkt um die Ecke. Geplant waren 3 Tage aber habe gerne verlängert. Einfach anderer Traveller bei einem kostenlosen Bier zwischen 7 und 8 in der Common Area oder in der rooftop bar des Schwester Hotels kennenzulernen. Eine kleine Familie away from home

I had a great time here, and in Ho Chi Minh in general. The hostel has a really welcoming, comfortable atmosphere made even better by the staff. Always helpful and friendly and helped a lot with organising tours and bus tickets. The location is very central in the main backpacker area, but also very quiet as it is hidden down an alley. I would recommend?

If you are looking to soak up the atmosphere of the backpacker district in HCM, you couldn't do better than the Gnoc Thao Guesthouse. Tucked away down a tiny sidestreet, it is surrounded by the sights, sounds and smells of HCM city. The whole area is simply throbbing with the vibrance of the place. Mrs Gnoc's Guesthouse is clean and welcoming and the staff went to no end of trouble for us, helping with tour bookings, arranging laundry and providing friendly advice. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay

• 20th Oct 2014

A pleasant enough guesthouse, smack bang in the centre of Ho Chi Minh. Walking distance to pretty much everywhere, near some great bars and busy nightlife, but off the main roads so rest is not a problem. The staff are super friendly, super helpful and speak great English. I would recommend.

• 19th Oct 2014

Great location, helpful friendly staff!

Special thanks for Mrs Ngoc who is patiently guides and assists me to book my tours while am in Vietnam. I don't think I could do the arrangement only in one - two days time. Ngoc Thao Guesthouse staffs are very helpful in giving directions and friendly too. Location is in the centre of Saigon, just walking distance to cafes, bars, restaurants, banks etc. My rooms were private and tidy included attached bathroom. I like them. I really enjoy my Vietnamese trips!.

• 14th Oct 2014