NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

2096 Total Reviews

I loved this place ! Perfectly located, great staff and super friendly atmosphere. Perfect for people traveling alone and willing to meet other travelers. I loved that the dorms had a large balcony on which you find 2 bathrooms. Perfect to hang out, for smokers and to avoid noises in the room. Would definetely recommend it to everyone !

I don't have a bad word to say about this wonderful, clean and welcoming hostel. The staff are incredibly generous and helpful and after a few days you feel like part of the family. It's easy to make friends and the location is perfect... right in the middle of the action and super close to some amazing, yummy and cheap street food. Next time I'm in Ho Chi Minh, I won't be staying anywhere else!

This hostel is awesome! Great location and the staff are very welcoming and helpful especially Doris!! Thankyou for making my time in Vietnam so amazing :)

• 20th Jan 2015

The staff were super helpful and nice. Will definitely choose this hostel again !

• 20th Jan 2015

Had a fabulous time at Ngoc Thao, they obviously really care about their guests. I was reminded many times from different staff members to watch out for my belongings etc. also the tours were very good value, well worth it and included many little extras. The rooms were clean, our 8 bed dorm had a small balcony which was really cool. The little alley has many little places to eat street food which I thoroughly enjoyed. Shout out to Doris who made my stay extra special, thanks for everything! X

The people of this hostel are very friendly. its a family own hostel and all of them are ready to assist you in anything you'll need. the pillows of this hostel are really good in both shared rooms and single ones. In general i liked. two things I can remark on this hostel. 1)the single room i had there's not window and for a person who doesnt like closed places not really recomended. additionally 2) there wasnt any private lokers on this single room. In any case the offer you a general locker.

This hostel is definitely overrated in terms of the facilities, it is pretty out of date. You can hear everything that goes on in the hallway however it is located on a quiet street so not much street noise comes inside. The staff were lovely but we did have to ask 3 times for top bed sheets and didn't receive them until 9pm. They did make us breakfast late in the morning and the free coffee and water was a nice bonus. Overall average for the money you spend.

The staff here are ridiculously nice and its so easy to book anything you need from and they accomodate every need!

A great friendly basic family run hostel. Good location for eating and travel connections

Had a really comfortable stay, rooms were excellent with lock boxes, a small ledge, and PowerPoint next to every bunk. Shower was hot but bathroom a bit uncomfy as no shower screen or divider between that and toilet so got very wet. Location excellent, right in the centre of backpacker district. Would definitely stay again

Great friendly staff - very clean. Was able to leave my bags there the day I checked out and come back later, which was a plus. Would recommend.

the stuff is very friendly and helpful, and the common area is nice as well. I just spent one night, it was good. but people should know never trust those motorbike guys in Hon Chi Minh, even though they will show you lots of good comments written by people from all over the world, still a scam.

Staff were really nice and helpful!

Staff was very nice and informative. Great location and good price

The staff was pretty sharp on anything that I may of asked about. Right on backpackers ally and close to a number of places. A really good smoothie shop at the corner. I enjoyed this hostel. One night had some Kiwis yelling and making drama even trying to stir up a fight and the staff seem to have a problem trying to control it. The bathrooms in the dorms could use a little attention but the breakfast was pretty good. Overall not a bad place to crash.

I stayed here for two nights with three friends. A real homely feel to the place. They did everything they could to help organize trips, taxi's, food..all at brilliant prices. I would recommend this place to any backpacker!

Very nice and kind staff Thank you very much Doris!!

I stayed for 3 nights as a solo, but paying for a twin room, and everyone here was really great and helpful. The hostel is located in a prime location in the backpacker 'ghetto' close to all of the sites. There's a small front area which was good for meeting people and much appreciated. Free breakfast and WiFi as well! 34M - USA

Great location, great Staff, plenty of advice and help on tours.

Great location for hostel. Close to everything, in walking distance of all sights to see. Beds comfy. The ladies really went out of their way to make you feel comfortable. They even helped me with my invitation letter to get a visa and kept at it until I received it. I am truly thankful for their care and efforts. When I come back, I will definitely stay here again. Good vibes.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6