NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

1909 Total Reviews

I love it here! The family is very warm. Feels like home.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Very nice stay, welcoming and friendly staff!

• 19th Aug 2014

The hostel is located in front of the bus stop where the busses coming from Phnom Penh drop off their passengers! Thus not far to walk!

Staff was always helpful, including at 4 am when my flight showed up 2 hours late. Breakfast was fantastic, try the pancakes with jam. And they remember everyone's name. Just awesome.

Really helpful staff with good English. Great free breakfast. You won't be dissapointed.

The location is perfect. In the middle of Saigon one can walk to a lot of interesting points. The staff was very friendly. We booked a 2 day tour to the Mekong Delta which was amazing.

We were only staying for a night and didn't have that many times spent on the hostel, but the staff were really helpful Our room was on the 3rd floor, though the bunk bed were a bit creaking but all the facilities were working well. There's a socket on each bed, and an option of using fan our air conditioner. The toilet were clean and quite wide. We must went through a small alley to reach to this guesthouse, so I won't recommend bringing lotsa big stuff with you

Thanks for easily arranging the airport pickup! Was a great, painless experience for my one night stay in Saigon.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • cmintrator1300

Small common area but nice staff! 4bedroom dorm clean :) old bathroom but OK

Nice and clean hostel with friendly staffs.

The toilets aren't great, the rooms are decent enough and a few of the staff don't speak Énglish... but the location cannot be faulted, there are great people there and most of the staff are very knowledgable and helpful. The walk up the stairs to your room is a long one, but the view from the top floor is pretty cool at nights and has a good chill out area on the balcony. Overall it was a quiet chill place that I would reccomend

Cool hostel with take off shoes policy. Cute family who runs it. Very good laundry service. Rooms are rather small. The seams in the bathroom could use a thorough cleaning though. Location is superb.

A decent place in a good, central location. Staff are very helpful and speak great english. Worth it.

Great place to stay when in HCMC! Walking distance to Ben Tanh Market where you also find the bus station with local busses bringing you everywhere in town. In a small alley and still in the middle of Pham ngu lao (backpacker area). Very nice staff that helps with every question. Very good breakfast!:) I enjoyed the stay and will come back!

A really beautiful hostel! It was family run and they made you feel so welcome. Very helpful with organising tours, laundry, and providing local information on bus services to the airport. They also offer complimentary breakfast where you dine with other backpackers and it was just a really nice atmosphere in the heart of District 1! I will definately go back!

great place to stay - staff was all superb, and it was the best free breakfast I've had at any hostel I've stayed in. the Vietnamese pancakes were awesome!

No problem with the hostel in general. The staff was nice and the cleanliness in the rooms were good. However, I did took a shower in the downstairs shower and there were little worms crawling out of the cracks in the tiles and that was quite unpleasant. The state of the bathroom in my actual room seemed quite good though.

Had a really great time here! Was a good location and we hired motorbikes and they stored them safely overnight for us in a locked facility which was good. Also offered a refund on a night I booked and then decided to leave ho chi early so was really happy about that!

Cannot say enough nice things about this place. The family that runs it are the kindest most generous people. They helped me with so much! They make sure you don't get ripped off, they booked my night train to da nang for me and the young boy got a taxi for me walked me out in the rain making sure I didn't get wet! Excellent value for money free wifi and great cooked breakfast! Room was clean bed was comfy. Right in backpacker area stay here! Thank you guys!

Amazing staff here and great location!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6