NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Ngoc Thao is located in the heart of backpacker area. Easy to go around and meet both locals and other travellers. The staff is nice and helpful. The four bed dorm is nice and there's a socket provided for each bed. At the common room, u can hang out and talk to other travellers easily. Only one con, though the bathroom is clean but it's smelly somehow.

The staff here are super helpful and happy to get you where you need to be. The rooms are awesome with large confortable bed with ensuite bathroom with warm shower. There is lockers in the room enough to fit your valuables. Not a party hostel good for a traveler that wants a good night sleep.

This place was awesome, meet great people and staff are helpful and friendly, the 8 person dorm was a little untidy but we had a lonely little balcony to chill in

The guesthouse is very close to the park and restaurants. Staff are incredibly helpful, they did all the bookings for us and always were up for a chat. Our room (private, double bunkbed) was ok, but not the best. Breakfast is eggs and baguette as everywhere in Vietnam... ;-) We'd go back because location and staff are just great.

The staff were super nice and helpful! My dorm room was 6 flights of stairs up, but I viewed it as a good workout :) The AC worked well and I liked that the bathrooms were outside on the balcony. The beds were clean and everybody has a little shelf to put their things on, as well as a charger. Highly recommended!

The staff here are some of the nicest people I have met in my life - let alone travelling! My friend got mugged around 3am - lost her passport, phone and money but they were more than happy to help us make the arrangements we needed to. For example, they took us to the police station and translated for us so we could report it. Apart from that the hostel is very clean, excellent value for money, with a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Would highly recommend!

• 31st Mar 2015

Nice guest house, the staff were kind and helpful. The location is right in the centre in district 1, so it's very convenient. I really enjoyed my stay here thank you. Oh if you get the mixed dorm, be prepared to walk up many stairs, but I didn't mind as it was good exercise after all the delicious Vietnamese food I ate.

Pleasant hostel with very friendly staff

Staff were very friendly and accommodating to our needs. Would definitely recommend this hostel.

Stayed here for thee nights in a twin room with ensuite bathroom (no window though). I was alone the first night, but was asked if it was ok if another girl joined me for the following nights (prices were reduced accordingly). The room did not have a safe but I could leave valuables with the staff when leaving the hostel. Staff is very helpful in booking trips and giving recommendations for places to eat/drink. The common area is small but does allow for meeting with other travellers!

• 25th Mar 2015

Nice guesthouse with friendly family and a nice breakfast. Close to al the important stuff and the bus station.

Amazing staff. Really helpful and make sure you have in good time in Ho Chi Minh

Location was good and easy find, and the staff was helpful with whatever was needed. Though the lockers in the room are pretty small and couldn't fit a small backpack.

A smaller and cozy hostel with very nice staff

Stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm. It's located right in the heart of the backpackers area, but still off in a quiet alley (that can be somewhat difficult to find at first). The room was great, with generously sized lockers and small shelves next to the beds to put your things. I booked a day trip to the Cu Chi tunnels and Cao Dai temple through the hostel (it was a decent, but inexpensive tour). A good breakfast is included. Would recommend if staying in Ho Chi Minh City.

This is the perfect basic guest house for travelers that don't plan to stick around the hostel. You'd be surprised at how many do. The rooms and hostel are simple and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. The location is in an alley with tons of streetfood. Walk out to the right and you get countless bars and places to eat, walk in another and you'd be heading to Ben Thahn Market. Perfectly situated for people are might not be willing to hop on a motorbike.

Very friendly and helpful staff, and great eggs in the morning!

Very good hostel, excellent staff.

great place. staff is VERY helpful (got my free breakfast to-go for me because my tour left early). their tours are cheap & good quality as well.

I stay for 2 days and i like the atmosphere. The people and staff very warm