NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

1909 Total Reviews

This is a basic little Hostel but has everything you need. The family that run it are very nice and are very happy to help. The open shower over the toilet wasn't the best, the air con was quite noisy and our window looked out onto a brick wall. However the hostel is in a great location and we were able to enjoy the hustle and bustle of HCMC all by foot.

Loved this hostel! Our flight was two hours late arriving and we were still picked up and taken straight to the hostel which made life so easy! The staff are so welcoming and I felt at home there! Sad to leave.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Exceptionally warm and friendly staff who go out of their way to make you comfortable, whether it be for breakfasts (scrumptious!) or for booking tours. We were only in Ho Chi Minh for 2 days and the staff sorted two tours we wanted to do in that time with ease. Great buzz on the adjacent streets with lots of food, drink and massage choices. Thoroughly enjoyed our first time in Vietnam here.

Easily one of the best hostels i stayed in, here's why: - Wanted to book a cooking class with them, but couldn't because i was the only one. Instead they took me to the market , cooked together with the family, gave instructions and tried everything. They didn't charge me anything. - Next day a girl from the hostel got robbed on the street and one of the woman from the hostel went to the police station with us to take care of everything. GREAT staff, VERY sociable place, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• 14th Jun 2014

Great atmosphere, really easy to meet people and make friends. Lots to do nearby. Great staff.

Dorm was great though it was up 3 stories by stairs. Breakfast was included so the price was okay, however when i checked in and got all the way up to the room to take a shower i couldnt see my towel and was told by another in the room they give it to you at reception. For me this was really annoying as I have a bad knee&I wasn't going to walk all the way back down to get the towel. I was able to store my bags all day as I went on a tour from 7am and returned to the guesthouse at 3pm.

AMAZING people running this place they are so helpful, they have wifi routers for each floor

The moment I arrived at this hostel it felt more as I was staying with a caring family than a normal hostel. When I arrived from the airport the man gave me great advice. They picked me up 1230 at night even though I was scheduled to arrive about 1130. The next morning I had a great breakfast with a variety of choices. Everyone at this hostel was great. One of the women also wrote down the price for a taxi to the train station so the driver wouldn't rip me off. Great Hostel!

Great staff. Very welcoming and helpful. It felt like I was staying in a families home. Also offers a great free breakfast!! Highly recommend 😊

We stayed in a 4 bed dorm, was very clean - although one of the light fixtures was broken in the bathroom. Otherwise the staff here are very friendly and so were the other people. There's a pretty small common area/reception down stairs but still big enough to meet people. This place in a small alley much like all the other hostels in this area and is near both bars, food, night market, pretty much anything you need. This place is clean and cheap with friendly staff, i would stay again.

• 1st Jun 2014

Just an amazing hostel that run by a family. This was my second time stayed in here. Absolutely recommended and has very helpful staffs and owner. Perfect Location!

The staff were exceptional. Very friendly and helpful.

• 26th May 2014

Everything was perfect for me. The staff were very informative and to be the best staff during my trip in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand.

• 25th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Loved this little place, tucked down a backstreet in the backpacker area of Ho Chi Minh. Staff are great, as is the breakfast, beds are huge and soooo comfortable. Met lovely people. The best thing about this place is the location, down an alley which is filled with cheap street food and at the end is the street beer area, where everyone sits around and drinks cheap pints on the streets. Great vibes.

The family that runs this hostel is very caring, welcoming, and helpful. They are definitely the best part about staying here. The rooms are clean, have good aircon and a good breakfast is included in the price. Location is in the heart of the backpacker district, which is convenient, but also a place where thieves on motorbikes are lurking to take advantage of the many travelers. The hostel can set you up on excursions to the Mekong Delta and the tunnels with an inexpensive, reputable company.

Fantastic staff. Ran by a family that go out of there way to help you. They even remember your name and where you have been that day. A really nice personal touch. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

I like this place. The lobby area is slightly cluttered, but I don't mind it. The family seem to live in the hostel as well, I enjoyed being a part of their family for 2 nights. The hostel lives in a small alley way with more than enough neighbors I can ever imagined. I enjoyed walking out the alley way observing the neighbors and how Vietnamese live on an average day. Coming from a big city living by myself, its nice to see families interact.

I've been travelling for 4 months and this is my favourite hostel. The people here are amazing and will help you with anything. It's clean, great ac + fans, an very well run.

I just recently stayed at this hostel and can say that I would definitely recommend it. Ho Chi Minh can be an intimidating place for a new traveler like myself. The staff at Ngoc Thao made me feel at ease from the moment I got there. The breakfast might have been my favorite time, meeting fellow nomads and exchanging stories and suggestions of places to visit. When I went to Da Lat I had forgotten my laptop at the hostel. I emailed them and they were happy to hold it for me until I got there.

This hostel was fantastic, centrally located and the tours/buses they helped book were sensational! Would definitely stay here again!