NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The staffs were extremely helpful! They would go out of their way to answer your query and would give recommendations for almost everything and anything that you could ask. Great place, close to several eateries. The only complaint is the hostel location, which is in between a small alley. Could be intimidating for a girl walking alone at wee hours

• 1st Jan 2014
  • Singapore

Thanks for your stayed with us. We are in BP area with 20 guesthouses else with traveler's police 24h. Only hotel will be at the main road and then hotel should be pricey than hostel. You should be know something before you'll come to Asia.

Brilliant guest house. Excellent hosts

• 1st Jan 2014

Thank you so much for looking after me and for fixing my phone and even keeping it safe another time. You guys are amazing.

I think the staff were lovely and accommodating! I think a towel should have been included in the price (it is at most other hostels at the same price). Many other places also include breakfast (at the same price) which this guesthouse did not. Our e-mail communication and the information they offered before my arrival was excellent and very valuable. They were very quick in responding to my questions. Their airport taxi-service was pricey. 189.000 versus 150.000 in other places.

Thanks for your stayed with us. We have towel for free when you request us at front desk. We are always recommend our guests use our service because we're using private car "not taxi", including all fee. We'll good take care our guests than the taxi outside. They'll scam you for pay alot.

Great family who remembered me from two years ago, very friendly and homely feel. Location is awesome and for the price this guesthouse is my favourite in HCMC. Will be back!

Great hostel, very friendly staff, super atmosphere,

This hostel was run by a famlily, most of whom were friendly. I stayed in a dorm room. The bathroom wasn't very clean the whole time I was there, and people smoked on the balcony outside which would come into the room. There was no breakfast included. The room lockers were too small, to fit your whole bag in. And when you left your luggage after checking out, they're just left at bottom the stairs, and not put in a locked room. I'm not convinced this was very secure.

Thanks for your stayed with us. The guests smoked on the balcony outside "not in the room", why you don't close the door. Our location in the market, alots of place you can to eat. The traveler just need place to safe their valuables in the locker. We have CCTV at the lobby where we store your bag and you can to request special place to safe your bag with us. How enough your budget???

This was one of my best hostels so far, on my RTW. Great location, nice and clean rooms and...what I always value the most, very-very friendly stuff which will always meet your demands! Booked a couple of tours through them...excellent service and best prices. Would highly reccommend it to everyone. Book early though, it's almost always full. No surprese there :)

• 18th Dec 2013
  • Croatia

This is an amazing hostel. Great atmosphere, the rooms are very nice, everything is clean, and the staff are the best. They were very friendly and helpful with getting us acquainted to Vietnam. This has been my favorite place I have stayed because of the people. Location is also tops.

Great hostel! Came in from Cambodia and it was super easy to find from the bus stop. Perfect location for going out at night, but not noisy at all. Lights and outlets for each bed is fantastic! There's not much of a hangout area but it was super easy to meet other travelers and I met some wonderful people here. The family that runs the place is super helpful and friendly too! I would definitely stay here again!

Amazing place. Staff (family) would go out of their way to help you! Wifi worked well and the rooms were nice. The 4 bed is wooden beds with good airconditioning. The 12 bed has metal beds with a balcony though. Please be aware there is no lift to the 5th floor! They organised all my tours and transport very well but with a fair but of commission. Will be coming back here again.

Staff were really helpful and made our very short visit a pleasant one. The private room we took was clean and well priced. Would stay again if back in HCMC

Really good and cheap hostel in a good location in the center of Saigon, the staff were all very friendly and more than happy to help during my time in and around the city. would definitely recommend !

• 6th Dec 2013

One of the best hostels I have ever been to. Great staff and perfect service. Very clean rooms.

The staff here were super friendly always chatty and remembered my name. The location is in the centre of the backpacker scene. Really close to good pubs and restaurants. The markets and museums were all within walking distance and the staff gave a good map with suggestions on places to see etc. Overall very pleased with my stay!

perfect location.... friendly people.....

• 27th Nov 2013
  • Philippines

Absolutely a recommendable hostel/hotel! Staff is very nice, they want to help you with everything. It was also a safe place for dropping our backs for a week, it was no problem. Rooms are clean, fine beds.

Extremely friendly and helpful owners. They speak quite a bit of English and know a lot about ways to travel onwards. Rooms are fairly clean. Beds are comfy. A/C and fans are convinient. Only cold showers. Showers, doors and lightswitches could use a bit better cleaning and maintenance.

Extremely good location, in close to the bars enities and everything you need. But in an extremely quite alley. Staff helps you with everything sorting out all u need and helping you in booking tours and bus. I definitely recommend it.

Amazing location and very friendly and helpful staff. Within walking distance of major attractions. We would stay again!