NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The staff were exceptional. Very friendly and helpful.

• 26th May 2014

Everything was perfect for me. The staff were very informative and to be the best staff during my trip in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand.

• 25th May 2014
  • Indonesia

Loved this little place, tucked down a backstreet in the backpacker area of Ho Chi Minh. Staff are great, as is the breakfast, beds are huge and soooo comfortable. Met lovely people. The best thing about this place is the location, down an alley which is filled with cheap street food and at the end is the street beer area, where everyone sits around and drinks cheap pints on the streets. Great vibes.

The family that runs this hostel is very caring, welcoming, and helpful. They are definitely the best part about staying here. The rooms are clean, have good aircon and a good breakfast is included in the price. Location is in the heart of the backpacker district, which is convenient, but also a place where thieves on motorbikes are lurking to take advantage of the many travelers. The hostel can set you up on excursions to the Mekong Delta and the tunnels with an inexpensive, reputable company.

Fantastic staff. Ran by a family that go out of there way to help you. They even remember your name and where you have been that day. A really nice personal touch. Nothing was too much trouble for them.

I like this place. The lobby area is slightly cluttered, but I don't mind it. The family seem to live in the hostel as well, I enjoyed being a part of their family for 2 nights. The hostel lives in a small alley way with more than enough neighbors I can ever imagined. I enjoyed walking out the alley way observing the neighbors and how Vietnamese live on an average day. Coming from a big city living by myself, its nice to see families interact.

I've been travelling for 4 months and this is my favourite hostel. The people here are amazing and will help you with anything. It's clean, great ac + fans, an very well run.

• 16th May 2014

I just recently stayed at this hostel and can say that I would definitely recommend it. Ho Chi Minh can be an intimidating place for a new traveler like myself. The staff at Ngoc Thao made me feel at ease from the moment I got there. The breakfast might have been my favorite time, meeting fellow nomads and exchanging stories and suggestions of places to visit. When I went to Da Lat I had forgotten my laptop at the hostel. I emailed them and they were happy to hold it for me until I got there.

This hostel was fantastic, centrally located and the tours/buses they helped book were sensational! Would definitely stay here again!

Excellent stay with outstanding service from the staff - people we haven't even met before knew which room we were staying in. Our laundry was perfectly done and folded, and thank you for feeding us breakfast. Also excellent recommendations for food - the pho from Pho Quynh is easily the best I had in Vietnam. Tour to Cu Chi tunnels was amazing with a reputable company and good tour guide, making it a lot less of a typical 'tourist trap' tour for us. Lovely stay :)

Very friendly and helpful staff who went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure that the complications of travelling could be smoothed out

it was nice, the hostel in a small alley but it's still easy to find and safe when you back late! the stuff are friendly and helpful, coz i always have so many questions,lol... highly recommend!

Firstly the staff were friendly and helpful. The accommodation was comfortable and clean. Overall good quality for money. Only downside was the small lockers and very quiet common room. Would be nice to see some social activities organized

• 9th May 2014

I felt right at home here. The breakfast was delicious and there were no problems communicating with my host. Internet worked great if you were on the same floor as your room. I also loved that you take off your shoes to enter this temporary home

• 7th May 2014

Value for Money

We booked for one night and we stayed 4. The best thing about this place is location and a very friendly family who runs the place. The place is clean and they can help you to book tours and transport without being pushy. It is near the place where some buses arrive and depart, near the park and the market. It isn't a party place but they make you feel at home.

Probably the most helpful staff in a hostel we've come across and we've been travelling 2 months! Big thumbs up! After reading breakfast was basic.. Well for a hostel I thought it was pretty good to be fair! We will definitely recommend you to others for the future'

• 5th May 2014
  • Scotland

Very nice hostel! Good location and the staff is very helpfull and interested!

• 4th May 2014

Located in an alley of guest houses. Good location but I don't really feel safe walking along at night time. Very friendly and accommodating host. Feels homy especially during breakfast time. Will definitely stay if had the chance to swing by HCMC.

The staff was friendly and helpful, wifi was strong, and the location was perfect- right in the heart of the backpacker district. The hostel is located in a tiny alley, a bit sketchy looking at night but quiet and perfectly safe. The place can be difficult to find so book the airport pickup through the hostel ($15usd) because the driver will walk you to the front door. But there was mold in the bathroom, the towels/sheets needed replacing, and it felt cramped and small!