NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

We absolutly loved it! Really helpful staff. Cool tours and nice people. Rooms are clean. We will recommend it to everyone looking for a cool hostel in saigon.

• 16th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Love this hostel so much!! Sweet location right in the middle of the tourist district, beautiful and friendly staff, clean, free breckie and tour/bus bookings are no problem! Had a great stay!

The place is a very convenient place. the staff are extremely helpful and nice. It is as if you are just in a family home wherein you don't have to worry anything about your stay as they are so willing to help you.

This was an excellent hostel for the couple of days we spent in Ho Chi Minh City. The family that runs it is exceptionally nice and helpful and the free breakfast is great too. The location is probably the best part and I would definitely recommend this place to anyone.

• 13th Jun 2015

The staff are friendly and helpful. The hostel is located in the center of District 1, the center of everything happening in Ho Chi Minh. This guesthouse also attracts some cool backpackers, so it was easy to make friends and hang out.

Fantastic all-round!

• 8th Jun 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Nice hostel in the backpacker area. Many floors and no lift. One of the staff's Kids tried to steal my cell phone Charger but gave it back to me eventually. Dont book any trips there - they are too expensive. All in all, would go there again.

Friendly and kind staff, helped us book our bus tickets to Phnom Penh. Bathrooms were a little dirty, and private rooms were Spartan, but can't complain for the price.

• 4th Jun 2015

Clean rooms (big dorms meaning people come in and out all night) and nice beds. Free beer for two hours every day. Great for booking tours. Some staff is nice, some can't really be bothered to help you. The breakfast is good. There are NOT enough bathrooms for the amount of people and not enough cleaning! The smell was horrible in there all the time and it was one big soaked mess because the drains were clogged. They don't fill up with toilet paper and do not clean during the day. Ew!

Extremely friendly hostel right in the center of the backpacking area of the city. It was a nice change of pace from the party hostel that I usually find myself in.

• 2nd Jun 2015

Probably the nicest people there. So helpful ! The place is very clean and they will helps for any enquiries!

A great little place hidden in a lively alley just off BackPacker Street. The staff were so accomodating. I think the price is a little high for a private room. Yes there was aircon and a private bathroom but it was very basic and not spotlessly clean, our room was not cleaned even after leaving the make up room sign on the door. Overall though, i recommend this hostel for the location and staff (and free tea and coffee) very laid back atmosphere.

It's easy to meet people and it's in a really good location. They make a good breakfast for you personally every day, and the tours were awesome.

Well accomodating staff, central location, everything went well except for the late airport service.

Everything was better than I thought , very friendly owners with good english. I enjoyed staying here!

Gave us a comprehensive map of the city with excellent recommendations for activities. We only stayed one night but it was great!

One of the best hostels I stayed in during my SE Asia trip. Breakfast was great. Staff was super friendly. It's 100% worth the money.

Good hostel in the excellent Pham Ngu Lao area. Beds were clean and comfortables. We loved the breakfast pancake (though it was more of a crepe).

Brilliant place to stay with very helpful staff who were willing to give their honest opinion on tour packages offered. Breakfast was good and beds were very comfortable

Nice hostel, great location, very friendly and helpful owners and clean rooms. Not much atmosphere, so if you want to party then go elsewhere. For me this was perfect though, great place to chill out for a night before i flew home.