NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Very friendly and helpful staff, and great eggs in the morning!

Very good hostel, excellent staff.

I met Lyna when I first stepped into the hostel. Made friends with her and the other girl Bex and the guy named Shu who both work here. They were all very helpful! helped us check in and made sure we were comfortable!

great place. staff is VERY helpful (got my free breakfast to-go for me because my tour left early). their tours are cheap & good quality as well.

I stay for 2 days and i like the atmosphere. The people and staff very warm

• 10th Mar 2015
  • Indonesia

Very good hostel, staff are very nice and helpful. Rooms are clean. Down an alleyway so back off the main street a bit. In backpacker area, good food and bars nearby. Would definitely recommend it.

Very arm welcome and I really positive vibe. The rooms are basic but have all you need. On the fifth flour the dorm has a balcony. Where the twin room is a bunker without any windows. I would recommend this facility to everyone. The friendliest people who are so happy to help you with all your questions.

Staff are helpful and cheery! Communication is great! Clean hostel and good breaky.

This is a phenomenonal hostel to stay at. The hostel is located between the main road and the crazy party road. It's a minute walk or less down the alleyway to reach all the bars and street vendors in district 1. The scene is lively and busy all hours of the day, but the hostel is well situated where you'll always have peace and quiet if you want. The staff is here excellent and will help you out. I left my wallet here and they reached out to me about it. In the end, this hostel is awesome.

Great location. Staff are excellent. Very friendly and only to happy to help. Big lockers in each room. The matress I slept on was springy but ok. Brekkie is included in the price! The baguettes are excellent! The shower was warm at best and didn't have much pressure!

Very central location just at the bus station right next to the backpacker district. Rooms are okay but not special. Breakfast (eggs or pancakes) and free coffee/tea included. Wifi works. Common hang-out area is small but okay. All in all, a laid back hostel as starting point for Saigon.

Nice location, as it is close to the main 'back packer' nightlife. The staff were relatively helpful and very concerned about safety which felt welcoming. the breakfast was OK, but I can't complain as it was included. The balcony for the larger dorm is quite nice, and dorm has air con and fans. Markets are within walking distance and museums are all a cheap taxi away. Close to cheap street food too. Flooding toilet/shower was the main minus as it wasn't pleasant .

Good location and very friendly staff! My flight was in the evening and I could store my backpack and even could take a shower before I left for the airport. It was my second stay here and I would definitely come back again.

Very good location near of everything. Wifi is ok for Asia. Staff very nice

Nice hostel where I started my trip through Vietnam. The location is excellent. In the backpackers area, but in a little alley, so the is not much noise. Staff was very friendly and breakfast is good. Rooms are big with good lockers and a good bed. Would like to have a little bigger common area.

Very helpful staff and so incredibly close to everything but is still isolated from outside street noise. Every night they give you a free drink card to use at the rooftop bar at the Saigon Inn Backpackers. The only negative really is the ensuit bathroom, ours flooded every time we showered and it's located over the toilet rather than enclosed. Otherwise a great place to stay.

The staff here are the friendliest and most helpful I've met in Vietnam. They always dispense honest advice and helpful tips and are really knowledgeable about the Pham Ngu Lao area. The rooms are decent with good air con and because it is in an alleyway, it is much less noisy than places on the Main Street. You also get an interesting glimpse of Saigon family life

I loved my stay here. It was very easy to meet people and the staff were very friendly and helpful. They will help you book tours, busses, planes, etc. The breakfast is good, if simple (but tides you over for awhile) and there is free water, tea and coffee. The location is excellent and while there is no bar, they do give you a free drink coupon at a nearby bar. I'd stay here again!

Hot showers, decent wifi, comfortable mattresses. Also very clean except the shower in my room took forever to drain and the whole bathroom would flood and nobody fixed it. Very good location and basic breakfast is included. If you check in early they charge a half day rate.

I stayed here for about 4 days and the owners as well as all the workers were very very nice and helpful. They make everything you want to do extremely easy, whether its booking any kind of tour you can take in Saigon, getting directions by map to all the major attractions, or answering any questions you may have. I was sick my entire time there and they were very supportive. I'd go back in a heartbeat.