NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Very helpful staff and so incredibly close to everything but is still isolated from outside street noise. Every night they give you a free drink card to use at the rooftop bar at the Saigon Inn Backpackers. The only negative really is the ensuit bathroom, ours flooded every time we showered and it's located over the toilet rather than enclosed. Otherwise a great place to stay.

The staff here are the friendliest and most helpful I've met in Vietnam. They always dispense honest advice and helpful tips and are really knowledgeable about the Pham Ngu Lao area. The rooms are decent with good air con and because it is in an alleyway, it is much less noisy than places on the Main Street. You also get an interesting glimpse of Saigon family life

I loved my stay here. It was very easy to meet people and the staff were very friendly and helpful. They will help you book tours, busses, planes, etc. The breakfast is good, if simple (but tides you over for awhile) and there is free water, tea and coffee. The location is excellent and while there is no bar, they do give you a free drink coupon at a nearby bar. I'd stay here again!

Hot showers, decent wifi, comfortable mattresses. Also very clean except the shower in my room took forever to drain and the whole bathroom would flood and nobody fixed it. Very good location and basic breakfast is included. If you check in early they charge a half day rate.

I stayed here for about 4 days and the owners as well as all the workers were very very nice and helpful. They make everything you want to do extremely easy, whether its booking any kind of tour you can take in Saigon, getting directions by map to all the major attractions, or answering any questions you may have. I was sick my entire time there and they were very supportive. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Stayed 3 nights in a 4 bed dorm. Dorm room was spacious and clean with large lockers and private electrical outlet at the bed. Staff was kind and helpful. Booked a private taxi for me to the airport at 5:30am. Was disappointed in the Mekong Delta tour they booked for me. They took me to a "village" that tried to sell me overpriced souvenirs and crafts. Although, some other guests like that sort of thing. Located in a tight alleyway just off the main backpacker area. Quiet and convenient.

Very friendly and helpful staff, breakfast was superb, location is perfect for the nightlife, wifi is excellent on all floors, no hassle made the stay here very easy. Would recommend this hostel to anyone!

• 18th Feb 2015

Amazing location, easy walking distance to war museum and other attractions. Breakfast good and free tea and coffee all day. One of the beds was pretty uncomfortable but staff flipped the mattress and added mattress pad 😀 showers could be cleaned more regularly but guests not removing shoes was the main issue. Amazingly helpful and friendly staff who gave maps and direction, sorted day trips and even got in touch with friends in Da Lat to arrange our onward bus ticket over TET - thanks Doris!

Very nice, but I had to keep my bags in left luggage the first day until 6 pm. For some reason, I could not get into my room before that. Other than that, all was great. The 5th floor dorm had a great balcony area with sink, toilets, shower all outside. Nice!

Hello, thanks for staying with us! The reason you had to leave your bags was because our check in time is 2pm. You left for our tour at 1pm and did not return until 6pm. We kept your bag secure whilst you were on your tour. It was not possible to check in before that. We checked in as soon as you finished your tour. Hope you enjoyed your time in Vietnam!

The staff were super. Very friendly. Very knowledgable. I was very impressed and would stay here again.

Great location in the center of HCMC, close to lots of sites and restaurants and tons of tourists around. The homeowners were very nice and welcoming. Small common area but still able to meet people and explore the city.

Hostel was clean and very comfortable. I had a private room on the 3rd floor and the room was quiet and I felt very secure with my personal belongings. There's a private bathroom that adjoins the room which was very nice. Great value for the money. The staff members actually became my personal friends and were very helpful with giving me directions to many wonderful places. The guesthouse can actually set up day excursions within the facility. I will definitely stay here again.

Having just arrived in Vietnam, we were very happy to stay at NgocThao. The staff were genuinely friendly and super organized. They arranged our airport pickup and bus later to Mui Ne. They also recommended many places to visit and eat in the area, even a vegetarian restaurant nearby for my veggie self :) The double room we stayed in was nothing special but it was big, clean and well-maintenanced.

Staffs are very kinds ! They are professional

It's probably one of the friendliest guest houses I've ever stayed at. A big thank you for helping me with taxis, flights and a trip to the Mekong delta.

Perfect location, friendly staff, aircon working properly (something rare in hostels) and very clean rooms. Though, not the best place for solo travelers.

Fantastic location in the heart of backpackers district and the city Walking distance from all monuments and market Breakfast great Bedding provided Small bedside table in which to lock valuables Staff very accommodating and happy to look after bags after check in Warm shower!

It was our first stay in HCM and we were absolutely happy with our stay here,both Mrs.Ngoc and Doris helped us with the tour and other arrangements.If you are planning to stay in a more family oriented stay then you are most welcome in here.Also this hostel is strategically located for your ease travelling to the nearby sightseeing places. Only one slight minus, the toilet/shower room could be improvised little more otherwise everything else was awesome.We stayed in level 5 and our view was nice

Very good hostel. friendly staff, easy to meet people and very clean beds and dorms.

Great place to stay with very kind staff! They helped me a lot and the beds are comfortable! Will stay again!