NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

2008 Total Reviews

Excellent hostel in the middle of backpacker area with lots of bars and restaurants. Spacious rooms, different types of breakfast (included), coffee and tea avaliable all day. Would stay here again!

The staff (a family) were so kind! My fiance hurt his leg and we asked if they knew of a place to buy crutches. They let us borrow their family's personal crutches and helped us with our bags and everything else. The guesthouse is very clean and comfortable and you get a delicious breakfast made to order. The downstairs is a little small for hanging out in, but the private rooms (we had a double bed) are spacious and I can't think of anything else to complain about. Thanks for a great stay :)!

Had an excellent stay here. Some of the friendliest staff I've met whilst travelling. Awesome location, clean, and a chill atmosphere. My only issue was that there was no communal area at night - so skyping wasn't so easy. Don't let this put you off though as it's a lovely quaint place.

Family run hotel, very friendly and helpful when booking tours or travel. The rooms were clean only compliant was squeaky metal framed bunks.

Excellent service made us feel welcome!

• 10th Sep 2014
  • Belgium

Very helpful staff, good breakfast, clean rooms and good wifi. Would be good to organise activities at night to help meet people, but otherwise great!

The familyrun business was simple, but very nice indeed. The rooms where clean, water and beer cheap and the pancake for breakfast absolutely delicious. The family members are very eager to help planning trips and give good advices.

I stayed at this hostel for 4 nights, and found it to be great! The free breakfast was amazing. The dorms were spacious, clean and beds comfortable. The shower wasn't the greatest, but better than most other places I have stayed in SE Asia. Really helpful staff, and the best laundry service I have had (they actually wash your clothes properly!)

This was a nice place to stay in Saigon! Location was the best, right in the middle of backpackers area near all bars and restaurants. There is small common area but still you are able to meet other travelers. Staff was nice! Only our room was very basic, no window, nowhere to put your stuff, my upper bunk bed was only a meter away from ventilation and it was making some weird sound! I think other rooms are better, if you are booking private,book double room instead twin! Everything else was ok!

OK hostel as I just stayed overnight to catch a flight the next morning. I booked because of all the great reviews but other than having really friendly staff it wasn't that great. Stayed in the 4 bed dorm and the beds were seriously creaky and loud if you even turned over in the night. Pretty basic facilities and the common area is basically reception. Found it a bit odd but good location and fine for an overnight stay

The owners and staff here made this hostel memorable, we have already recommended it to other fellow travelers. The room was very clean and the breakfasts were great, especially the pancakes. Good location in the backpacker district, close to most attractions. We would have really appreciated our own locker in the private room however. Thanks to Tony for going out of his way to celebrate my birthday – he even got me a cake :)

A perfect stay in Saigon!

Great staff. Free breakfast of bread and eggs or crepe or instant noodles. Aircon and good wifi. Right by the backpacker nightlife. Its in an alleyway which has cheap street food, massage spas, everything you need. Just keep in mind their airport pickup service will be charged to you when you check in $15. Normal price if u haggle at the airport is $7 (about 150,000 viet dong)

Very good place to stay, it is close to everything in the city, the staff is helpfull and kind, they keep the place clean and they also have very good facilities, like laundry service, wifi, breakfast, taxi booking, tour bookings, etc. I definitely recommend this place :)

Really good guesthouse. Run by a young family, the facilities are excellent- great central location in district 1, free breakfast, very fast internet, computer for those travelling without a device and nice communal area. Dorms and private rooms available. There's a very friendly young women who works on reception in the morning and early afternoon who will arrange transport and tours and has an enyclopeadiac knowledge of the city. Only criticism is that it can be difficult to find at first.

Will definitely recommend this to our friends here in the Philippines & abroad. The place is really value for money. Staff were so kind to booked for our city tour & even suggest trip where we can save cost on the fare charges. I asked for a free charge of pick-up from the airport and agreed to cost us free. However, when we arrived we were asked to pay. Bottom line, we still enjoyed our stay.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • Philippines

I love it here! The family is very warm. Feels like home.

• 20th Aug 2014
  • Philippines

Very nice stay, welcoming and friendly staff!

• 19th Aug 2014

The hostel is located in front of the bus stop where the busses coming from Phnom Penh drop off their passengers! Thus not far to walk!

Staff was always helpful, including at 4 am when my flight showed up 2 hours late. Breakfast was fantastic, try the pancakes with jam. And they remember everyone's name. Just awesome.