NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

If you are looking for a crazy party there are other hostels which provide more however if you are looking for somewhere a little calmer but from which you can reach all the party areas this is perfect. We had a wonderful time at it fit our needs perfectly. Rooms are clean and Nice staff, very helpful and kind.

• 5th Sep 2015

Great central location down an alley off the main streets. Staff are so lovely and it's easy to book buses and tours here. Lovely place to stay :)

Lovely, helpful staff. We had a great stay! Thank you

The staff was pretty helpful and the rooms were clean. Major attractions were around a 30min walk away.

It's in an excellent Location to explore downtown Ho Chi Minh - in the middle of the backpacker district. It's in a small alley only accessible by foot, so you can get a break from the incessant traffic noise. The hostel can organize airport pickups and transfers, which is excellent if it's your first time in Vietnam. The only thing I found difficult was choosing between the very strong air conditioning or no air-con at all (which was hot). I would recommend not using the air-con.

Located right where you need to be to explore the city and staff were very helpful with information on places to visit. Stayed in a double room which was pretty basic but clean and comfortable. Good breakfast too. Recommend.

Stayed here overnight and I liked it. It is near to everywhere (eateries, mini marts, travel agencies and some attractions). The people in this guesthouse were really nice and will treat you like a family! The bed was so comfortable and you have your private toilet in the room (shared by 4 people). Great experience here!

Clean and good location. Near the backpacker district but not a party hostel. Staff were available for information and even currency exchange. Would stay here again

Greet staff, friendly and helpful! I stayed just one night, because I was leaving the next day at night, but they let me keep my things there for the day and even let me take a shower before leaving to the airport.

Fantastic staff here - very friendly and knowledgable and a highlight of the hostel. Dorm beds are very worn out. I had a metal bed that was rusty, loose and made a lot of noise. Didn't feel safe climbing to top bunk. Located on a typical vietnam side street which I liked. There is a common room but small and dark. Good overall stay but think it should be cheaper or they should upgrade some of the facilities.

Great area, super friendly staff, some beds are a little rickety but not bad

A little hard to find (down an alleyway off the main road) but worth it once you do.

Clean and comfortable in an excellent location. Staff that work there are so helpful. Helped us to plan our entire trip through Vietnam. Also the amount of information given to find the hostel on arrival was brilliant. Really felt like everybody working there cared about their guests! Thank you!!!

One of the best hostels that i have stayed in along my travels. Staff were amazing...very friendly, knowledgeable and competent..

Staff were fantastic, would help us whenever they could, always did more than we asked which was really nice of them (we needed help sorting out our travels to Hoi An, staff rang up hostels for us and arranged our stay!) breakfast was yummy, free tea and coffee was a bonus!! Location was very ideal :) would definitely recommend !!

They were so nice, clean and amazing location!

Staff were very helpful, rooms on the top floor are the best because they have a balcony and windows unlike the rest

The only thing this hostel has going for it is its convenient location. Aside from that, I wouldn't recommend staying here. The beds are uncomfortable and my back is in some serious pain now. Didn't sleep well and the aircon doesn't work well. Also I was on the 5th or 6th floor which was a pain to walk up each time. The place was clean until I noticed ants crawling around the beds. Find another hostel to stay at.

Great location and value for money, though the showers drains seemed to be clogged. Would stay there again! Also really appreciated the affordable tours offered.