NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

1928 Total Reviews

Hard to find, great location in terms of what around. Not a great location for feeling safe.

Rooms are clean and relatively spacious. Big lockers, individual lights and charging points galore. Adequate ensuite bathroom. Superb staff, very helpful with tours and absolutely lovely during a misunderstanding over my bill. Great location for all the things you're likely to be doing.

Lovely and super helpful staff! Right in the backpacker district. Nice breakfast included and as free Coffee at all times!

The staff here were beyond helpful. The free breakfast was great and being so close to everything was a huge bonus!

The staff are lovely and very helpful. I enjoyed my time here. I met amazing travel companions through this hostel.

The ladies that work here are amazing. Good breakfast included equals great value. Location is good, but sometimes hard to find down small alley. Walking distance to most sites. Organized tours if wanted are also good. Comfy dorm with decent facilities. Just a small common space downstairs

Really good hostel, 2min from the drop off point of the sleeping buses, really close to the main streets, yet the fact that it is in a side alley makes it much much quieter than the other backpacker hostels on Bien vien street. Rooms have lockers, plugs for everyone, aircon and fan, great as it was really humid and hot outside. Breakfast is good (for a backpackers) and the staff will help you get anywhere you want in the city. I liked it and would go back.

There was a lot of humidity in the room and very likely some mold as well. The hostel has a good location though and staff is very friendly.

The family who run the hostel are extremely friendly and happy to help, when booking the sleeper busses they even walk you to your bus. Highly recommended A+

When you first arrive in Ho CH Minh, the city can be pretty daunting! But the staff really helped us settle in and it was great knowing we had a really friendly bunch of people looking out for us. They made the effort to remember our names on the first night and made us feel very welcome and at home.

Great location! The familly that run the hostel are also incredibly friendly and helpfull. It was the first of many stopson my trip and a great place to start.

The staff was very friendly and very helpful! I could ask them where to eat, what to do that day, and even book tours through them. The place was very clean as well and they make breakfast for you as well. You'll enjoy your stay :)

This is a basic little Hostel but has everything you need. The family that run it are very nice and are very happy to help. The open shower over the toilet wasn't the best, the air con was quite noisy and our window looked out onto a brick wall. However the hostel is in a great location and we were able to enjoy the hustle and bustle of HCMC all by foot.

Loved this hostel! Our flight was two hours late arriving and we were still picked up and taken straight to the hostel which made life so easy! The staff are so welcoming and I felt at home there! Sad to leave.

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Exceptionally warm and friendly staff who go out of their way to make you comfortable, whether it be for breakfasts (scrumptious!) or for booking tours. We were only in Ho Chi Minh for 2 days and the staff sorted two tours we wanted to do in that time with ease. Great buzz on the adjacent streets with lots of food, drink and massage choices. Thoroughly enjoyed our first time in Vietnam here.

Easily one of the best hostels i stayed in, here's why: - Wanted to book a cooking class with them, but couldn't because i was the only one. Instead they took me to the market , cooked together with the family, gave instructions and tried everything. They didn't charge me anything. - Next day a girl from the hostel got robbed on the street and one of the woman from the hostel went to the police station with us to take care of everything. GREAT staff, VERY sociable place, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

• 14th Jun 2014

Great atmosphere, really easy to meet people and make friends. Lots to do nearby. Great staff.

Dorm was great though it was up 3 stories by stairs. Breakfast was included so the price was okay, however when i checked in and got all the way up to the room to take a shower i couldnt see my towel and was told by another in the room they give it to you at reception. For me this was really annoying as I have a bad knee&I wasn't going to walk all the way back down to get the towel. I was able to store my bags all day as I went on a tour from 7am and returned to the guesthouse at 3pm.

AMAZING people running this place they are so helpful, they have wifi routers for each floor

The moment I arrived at this hostel it felt more as I was staying with a caring family than a normal hostel. When I arrived from the airport the man gave me great advice. They picked me up 1230 at night even though I was scheduled to arrive about 1130. The next morning I had a great breakfast with a variety of choices. Everyone at this hostel was great. One of the women also wrote down the price for a taxi to the train station so the driver wouldn't rip me off. Great Hostel!