NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

2096 Total Reviews

Fantastic location, extremely helpful staff, would highly recommend

We arrived in Ho Chi Minh very early in the morning and although our beds weren't ready yet (check in wasn't until 12) the staff were helpful and we were able to hang out in the lobby/common room area until a more reasonable hour and then shower and leave our bags so we could go out until our beds were ready. Decent dorm with good air con and showers. Tasty home-cooked breakfast. Location was good, close to where most buses depart for Cambodia.

I had an amazing stay here! the staff go above and beyond to make your stay incredible. can walk to everything from the hostel, great nightlife just 1 minute away. Clean and quite, big beds and big lockers.

Good little hostel off the street near the markets and heaps of food spots. The pho down the street was good. Prepare yourself for the stairs, otherwise a cool little spot! Would stay here again!

Fantastic stay, staff were unbelievably helpful will definitely return in the future- highly recommend a stay here!

I enjoyed my stay in NgocThao... I will definitely go back there again.. 😉

Simple but good hostel. Located in the heart of District 1! You have a lot of shops and restaurants arround. And a awsome bakery nearby. ABC Bakery! The owners are adorable! They will help you in everything you need!

Excellent stay. Friendly staff and guests, cheap beer, great location, clean rooms. Fun tours booked through the guesthouse to the TNK Travel company. 10/10 will stay again.

Highly highly highly recommend this hostel for 2 reasons: 1. CLEANLINESS of facilities - the staff does an excellent job at keeping the guesthouse clean. Also, the A/C and electrical outlets are very conveniently located near top and bottom beds. 2. STAFF - one of the most helpful and hospitable experiences I've had... Ever. Just a great experience and wish I could travel like this everywhere I went. It's also geared towards a quieter crowd. If you want to party, heaps everywhere in area.

Breakfast provided was not fantastic but good enough. There is free flow of Vietnamese coffee and you can check out breakfast alternatives along the alley where the guesthouse is located. We tried this beehoon just opposite the guesthouse and it was good! Really cheap and the portion was huge. The room was clean and good enough for you to sleep and rest. Conveniently located near the pubs and restaurants. Do remember to try the fruit juice located just to the left of the guesthouse.

Perfect hostel for every traveller. The staff is super nice and breakfast is good. You can meet people in the living room or if you just want to be on your own you can chill in your room. Very low key. Would recommend it to everyone.

Quiet location in a sidestreet of bussy Pham Ngu Lao District. Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean room. Only disadvantage is that there is no lift.

Met a lot of nice people. Nice family atmosphere - not to big, great staff.

The family that runs this place is amazing! Location is great, rooms were clean and comfy, good security day and night. I would definitely stay here again

• 4th Nov 2014

The hostel is very good, the only problem is that it's in 5 floors and there's no lift.. So you have to be lucky with that..

This hostel is very well located, clean and with a very nice athmosphere. Breakfast is included and staff is very friendly. Definitely the place to go if you are in ho chi minh. :)

I really enjoyed my stay in HCMC and Ngoc Thao Guesthouse has a lot to do with it. The owner and staff are very accommodating and hospitable. They take time to listen to you and attend promptly to your needs. It felt like I have a host family rather than staying in a hostel. They create a homey atmosphere that makes guests feel comfortable and at ease. I love the breakfast chat and evening happy hour. This place has been a venue for me to meet lots of wonderful people. Rodge

• 28th Oct 2014
  • Philippines

Initially I felt quite overwhelmed arriving into HCMC until I got to the hostel; the staff were so friendly upon arrival and happy to help with everything including booking tours. The breakfast was fantastic, only had the pancakes for four mornings because they were so good! Also nice to have tea and coffee and water available for free. Met some lovely people whilst there, a great atmosphere and felt very safe there. Have to emphasise the amazing staff!

• 27th Oct 2014

My second time staying here and would stay again. Great place, great staff, awesome location!!

I was very happy with my stay! Clean enough facilities, very friendly owner, breakfast included WOO! and very very helpful getting me around and day trips etc. must bring your own lock though!

• 27th Oct 2014