NgocThao GuestHouse Reviews

241/4 Pham Ngu Lao.St, District 1, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Everything was better than I thought , very friendly owners with good english. I enjoyed staying here!

Gave us a comprehensive map of the city with excellent recommendations for activities. We only stayed one night but it was great!

One of the best hostels I stayed in during my SE Asia trip. Breakfast was great. Staff was super friendly. It's 100% worth the money.

Good hostel in the excellent Pham Ngu Lao area. Beds were clean and comfortables. We loved the breakfast pancake (though it was more of a crepe).

Brilliant place to stay with very helpful staff who were willing to give their honest opinion on tour packages offered. Breakfast was good and beds were very comfortable

Nice hostel, great location, very friendly and helpful owners and clean rooms. Not much atmosphere, so if you want to party then go elsewhere. For me this was perfect though, great place to chill out for a night before i flew home.

Very cool place, down a little side street so it's quiet at night but with good access to the bars and restaurants on Pham Ngu Lao. Lovely family, comfy rooms with A/C, recommendations and help with your onward journey. Couldn't ask for more!

Very helpful and friendly staff, great location!

Good location near restaurants, shops and night life. Breakfast was decent and the staff booked us a bus to Cambodia but nothing to tell your friends about.

• 23rd May 2015

I heard about this place through a fellow backpacker I met while traveling through Thailand and he highly recomended it for my few nights in Ho Chi Minh so I went off his recommendation, and he was absolutely right. The hostel itself was very clean and had everything one could need. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and made it apparent they would go out of their way to make sure you had a good stay with them. Not to mention you can book any tour you want through them, so convenient.

• 22nd May 2015

Basic but clean hostel in backpacking area. Staff are great, speak good english and very happy to chat about tours and things to do. Good free wifi. AC in bedrooms. Free towels and free use of facilities on arrival day/ check out day. We arrived at the hostel very early on our first day, and were there late into the eve on our check out day. Still v welcome and there is a basic downstairs shower and toilet to use if you've checked out. Would recommend for a cheap and cheerful stay

• 20th May 2015

Excellent Hostel! I'd totally recommend it, it was just 5 min walk from where the bus from Phnom Penh left us, inside a kind of alley, don't let that scare you. The dorm I stayed had a cool terrace to chill out. The staff's hospitality was awesome, they help you to arrange tours and bus tickets. Not a party hostal, but a good place for solo travelers.

Great guesthouse in Hanoi! I stayed at NgocThao Hostel for 2 nights and my friend and I shared a private room. The hostel is conveniently located in the backpacker area with most major sightseeing areas pretty close by. The staff at NgocThao are super nice and they made my friend and I feel very welcomed. Taking into account the cost, I definitely recommend staying here. THEY ALSO HAVE FREE BREAKFAST! Definitely try the pancakes :)

great location, and the staff was very friendly. I'd recommend to anyone traveling to Ho Chi Minh.p

• 17th May 2015

Ladies who run hostel are super friendly and helpful. Right in the centre of backpackers district

some of the staff are fantastic:both than&doris are both very friendly,very sweet&very interesting to talk to!!Owner was seldom there (that for me is a red flag when the hostel is so small),this hostel being more like her 2nd shop.Dorm is four flights upstairs,spacious lockers,comfy beds,good aircon (only works during evening/night).The drain in the shower seemed not to work very well, but as long as it works, it's fine. fairly quiet. from airport take bus 1 to bus station then walk 10min (1h).

This was my favourite hostel so far.The staff was extremely helpful and give great tips about the city(Doris was so nice and helpful) They also book tours and busses for you with pickup at the hostel and both the cu chi tunnels and our bus to phnom penh were good and on time .Breakfast is included and super good. Facilities are great and clean with lots space by the bedside. We checked out in the morning and they stored our bags during the day and even let us use the shower in the evening.

Loved this hostel the staff were so nice and helpful their Mekong tour was better than I expected they make nice breakfast and you can socialise downstairs location was great they told me a good place to exchange money. It was great

Stayed here for 3 nights in private room with air-con and ensuite and couldn't be more happy. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and breakfast is great! Baguette with eggs done to your liking or pancake. Free coffee, tea and drinking water all day. Laundry service available as well as tour service / help with bus/train ticket bookings. Great location down a well occupied and lit alley way just off Bui Vien St (backpacker central) and within walking distance to tourist attractions.

Nice and helpful staff. The safety box was not a safety box more like a nightstand with the possibility to lock it, not that safe!

• 2nd May 2015