Nomads Byron Bay Reviews

Lawson Lane, Byron Bay, Australia

It's in general a good hostel, in a good location, but I have seen more friendly personal in other hostels around the world and for the same money I have stayed in better hostels. Generally hostels are very very expensive in Australia and don't offer as much as other hostels around the world. Nomads organises nice events though in the night and if you like to party its a good place to meet new people. A week after my stay there, I stayed in a hostel called Aquarius, I found that more beautiful!!

Dear Stefanos, Thank you for providing feedback on you recent stay with us. I am pleased that you thought it was a good hostel in a good location, however I was disappointed to read your comments about our staff. I will certainly pass your feedback on to the team here, as we do make a huge effort to provide great customer service and ensure all of our guests have a pleasant experience. Thank you again for your comments. Kind regards, Sam B

Thankfully the location of the hostel and the amount of bathrooms and kitchen space at the hostel outweighed the fact that the dorm we were in was hotter than the sun because of the broken AC. The room smelled like cabbage and smelly socks.

Dear Edward, Thank you for your review. I do aplogise that the air-conditioning in your dorm was not working while you were staying with us. Unfortunately maintenance issues such as this cannot be foreseen, however when they do happen we make every effort to fix it as soon as possible to minimise any inconvenience to our guests. If you are not comfortable in your dorm room for any reason, I would suggest seeing reception as they would be more than happy to move you. Kind regards, Sam B

Quite good location, right next door to aldi and a five minute walk from the beach. But the cleanliness of the hostel was appalling! The showers were gross, doesn't look like they've had a thorough clean for a fair few years. We had a cockroach in our room and reception were not helpful when I told them about it, didn't seem phased so must be a regular occurrence. And the room stunk of wee with horrid stains. Not worth the money we paid was $20 cheaper at the yha for a smaller much cleaner room!

Thank you for your review, although it is written in a detrimental tone I do take all valid feedback on board to make any necessary improvements. We do put a lot of effort into keeping the cleanliness standards of the hostel very high so I was disappointed to read your comments. I can assure you we do clean all of our bathrooms and showers thoroughly twice a day and we have regular routine pest control conducted in the hostel. Enjoy the rest of your travels in Australia. Sam

This is a perfect place if you like to party, every night. Stuff everywhere, people everywhere and a way too small kitchen for the amount of guests.

Thank you for your comments. I apologise if the hostel environment was not what you expected it to be. We do provide a great environment for our guests to enjoy themselves, while always enforcing noise policies to ensure guests who do not wish to participate in the partying do not get disturbed. Kind regards, Sam B

Unfortunately the whole place was quite dirty when we stayed, corridors smelt of puke and sweat, room was very messy (granted that is highly driven by occupants), bathrooms and kitchen were dirty (the latter seemed to be suffering from perpetual puddles in multiple areas). The bedroom had small lockers for valuables but half of these were broken. The crowd is young and the hostel massive but having stayed in similar places i know it's not impossible to maintain basic cleanliness. Probably worth

Dear Silvia, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I apologise if you found the hostel "messy" even if it was as a result of other guests in your room. We do put a lot of effort into keeping the hostel clean and go through each room every day to keep them tidy. I apologise that the stay did not meet your expectations, I hope you enjoy the rest of your travels in Australia. Kind regards, Sam B

Nixe stay in Byron Bay as the hostel is located close to everything important. I really liked the hostel as the rooms were comfortable but the toilets and floor smelled badly in the morning. Really nice athmosphere if you are looking for travel mates and party people. I liked the security as everyone has to leave at 10 p.m. so that no party people can sleep until the party people come back. Kitchen could be more clean somehow. Though, best nomads hostel so far!

• 17th Feb 2014

Surprisingly nice. Seems dingy at first, but everything is cleaned very often. Nice rooms, good beds. Never really knew where all the toilets were (showers and toilets should be clearly labelled). Good times in the courtyard.

Huge hostel - quite a small kitchen! Clean and modern

This is a great hostel, comfortable beds, great rooms, great facilities, decent clean showers and toilets. Great party atmosphere here, after all you are in byron bay. If you didnt want to go out the rooms are quiet enoug to be able to sleep, the music stops at around 11 in the outdoor bit when everyone goes out. I was ill for a few days here which sucked but still, I found you could still have a great time and feel safe in this hostel even when you were ill.

Fun place!

Great location, staff was okay. My food was thrown out even though it was labeled correctly but I got refunded. The rooms and facilities were clean and you will have good opportunities to meet people. Hostel is far too expensive though.

Good hostel. Byron is awesome. Rooms were not really big. Kitchen facilities were pretty good. The only thing I hated was that my beer was stolen everytime I left it in the frigde. So drink it or lose it. Atmosphere was good. Really enjoyed my stay.

1 2 Next » last »