Old West Gate International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.115 Penglai Road, Huangpu District, Shanghai, China

It's kinda far from the metro. It takes around 20 mins on foot however I believe for Chinese people it's not far. For me, it's not close. It depends which country you are from. There's air-conditioner, TV and bathroom in the room. As for cleanness, it's average or below average. Though I don't like it, I know that's what you pay for the price. I would suggest the manager of this hostel to lift up the cleanness degree then it would be perfect!

the staff is friendly... it s very great place in china

The hostel is a little bit far from the metro station but is located near an old part of Shanghai, which was nice! It may seems unsafe but I ended eating and drinking with locals at 3 AM on the street near the hostel and it was great! There were mainly only chinese people so I didn't get the chance to know someone. I stayed in a double room, not the best room of my life but it's China! It was not super clean but it was ok for me!