Rock&Wood International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.615 Lane, ZhaoHua Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China

2021 Total Reviews

I have stayed at this hostel before and enjoyed it both times, though I had a better time the first stay. The staff behind the counter are very friendly and helpful, the cleaning staff however woke me up and 6:45AM by almost yelling at each other in their normal conversation. They continued all morning. That however is the only complaint I have.

Great hostel!! Love the atmosphere. Recommend it to anyone. Not a fan of communal showers and toilets, but that's how it is with hostels. Will be back!

This was truly one of the loveliest hostel environments I've ever been in. It's relaxing, especially at breakfast time where you can sit by a lovely water feature. 10 min walk to a subway and surrounded by lots of shops and restaurants. Staff are friendly and helpful. All round great stay. Only disappointment was that my side of the building faced a primary school so I would wake everyday from the noise.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • Scotland

Very nice place to stay for a couple of days or more. You can have a cheap beer while playing pool for free or enjoy the cute little garden.

Thanks! Hope to see you next time!

Very good, value for money hostel in the heart of Xining. Near (walking distance) of all the mosques, the park and has great supermarkets and eateries across the road. Staff were very helpful too when you needed anything. Only minor issue was that Wi-Fi was a bit slow and inconsistent at times but otherwise, thought the place was great. Would definitely recommend it to anyone travelling to XIning.

Convenient position, near the metro. Both the staff and my roommates are kindly, and the shared bathroom is also clean. Great hostel.

Thanks! Hope to see you again!

The staff is very nice and cooperative and fluent in English. We chose the most expensive room category which was still quite cheap, especially compared to Germany. The room was a bit small but very nice (large bed and large bathroom with own shower and WC). The maid came every day to change the towels and to clean the room. The garden was very beautiful. Sometimes it was a bit noisy during the night as there were guests talking outside close to our room. I would definitely recommend this place.

• 13th Apr 2015

Overall good stay, nothing much to complain about! Stayed here 3 times over a period 2.5 weeks and they were accommodating to my late arrivals when my flights got in late, and even got delayed. They were able to hold my large luggage in storage for 5 yuan a night while I went on trips. Most the staff spoke decent english and gave me a free metro map. Could've been more helpful in giving information about the city and things to do nearby, but service wasn't bad. Their lounge/lobby area is nice!

More like a hotel than a hostel. Beautiful garden and courtyard area, very comfortable beds and easy access the to metro. Very nice staff, always willing to help out. Will definitely return

Thanks! Hope to see you again!

It was a spacious and clean hostel in a very good location conveniently close to the metro station. The dorms themselves were compact but they served well for storaging the luggage and sleeping. The common area in the downstairs was so big that there was no need to kill time in the dorm. The staff was nice and helpful.

Thank you so much for letting us in although we had troubles getting to the hostel and that made us arrive too late. It was nice to be able to get the reservation and find nice, comfy beds.

We had a cozy double bed room, but it didn't lack in great amenities (read: hot water, towels, and free hair-dryer to use for the duration of our stay). The hostel facilities were great as well. I would spend the extra money to upgrade to the next level of private suites to enjoy a window or being in the courtyard. Definitely returning to Rock & Wood on my next trip to Shanghai!

• 8th Apr 2015

there is mist in some rooms and showers, but it is the best hostel I have ever stayed in

• 5th Apr 2015

Great location, and super nice/clean atmosphere. No complaints here! One of the better hostels I've stayed at in China. The staff were on top of things and very flexible about our check-in time. I chose this place because I was going to a concert at the Sports Stadium, and it's only 3 subway stops away from there. Very convenient. Also, there are some good small restaurants & convenience stores by there that were still open at midnight, also a plus.

It's located in a nice residential neighborhood about a ten minute walk from Zhongshan Park metro station. Staff is friendly and facilities are good.

Nice room with comfortable bed, but badly soundproofed. Cleanliness was ok for chinese standard. Wifi available in the rooms but often slow. There is no safe in the room. Location is good, 10-15mins to metro.

• 28th Mar 2015

nice common area and atmosphere. food was terrible. mouldy smell in the room.

Facilities, location and atmosphere was great! Common room was a great place to hangout. You wouldn't think you're in hostel until you saw the bunkbed. Also did a decent coffee and food. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely be coming back.

Thanks, That is very important for us! Hope to see you again!

The Rock&Wood is good hostel in easy access to the subway line in Shanghai. It has a great bar area with garden. The private rooms are clean and tidy. My only complaint is the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything from your neighbours.

• 27th Mar 2015

Thank you! had a pleasant stay :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6