Fabulous 2,945 Total Reviews
Fabulous 2,945 Total Reviews
Rock&Wood International Youth Hostel Located at No.615 Lane, ZhaoHua Road, Changning District, Shanghai.
China
Shanghai 200050 No.615 Lane, ZhaoHua Road, Changning District
86% 2945
31.2117921 121.4204692
    Rooms available

• Germany, Male, 18-24
25th Nov 2016

Great hostel, i always stay here when I am in Shanghai.

• Italy, Female, 31-40
25th Nov 2016
4.6

The staff on the phone and arrival was Not polite and didn't help me or answer any of my questions. The reason why I booked the room was because me and my husband decided to fly to Shanghai last minute to enjoy my birthday in a different city. I booked a double bed room and was sent an email with booking confirmation for a 6 dorm bed. When I got there I was told our room had a problem and we had an "upgrade" to twin room which was cold dirty and not what we wanted.

• USA, Female, 18-24
22nd Nov 2016

WOW I have stayed at alot of hostels and this is the best one by far!!! the showers were better than my own shower at home. REALLY AMAZING VIBES a little hard to find but deff worth it

• Switzerland, All Female Group, 25-30
18th Nov 2016

Everything was ok.

• Germany, Female, 18-24
17th Nov 2016

Great Hostel! Nice Staff, clean rooms, comfortable mattresses, in a quiet street but not to far from the city center.

• USA, Male, 18-24
14th Nov 2016

Easily one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the location was very nice and had a massive mall 10 minutes away, and there were tons of friendly people I met while staying here. First time I've had this soft a bed in a long time! Definite recommend if you are looking for a hostel in Shanghai.

• China, Female, 18-24
13th Nov 2016

Close to the subway.The staff were very nice and good at English even Cantonese.The atsmophere was warm.The standard room was small but the bathroom was very nice.Like the decorations in hostel and we can get the discount of the coffee shop in it.Slient and comfortable.

Thanks for your good comments, hope to see you next time!

5th Nov 2016

Overall an excellent hostel. The staff were very helpful, rooms and bathroom facilities were quite clean, and the lounge/bar/patio area was well organized. Some reviews complain about the wifi, but I didn't have any problems either in my room (3rd floor) or the lobby/lounge area. The surrounding area is quite nice, parts of it are very modern but you're so close to the French Concession where you can visit and older part of Shanghai. I would stay here again, personally.

• New Zealand, Female, 31-40
2nd Nov 2016

nice and modern hostel.great coffee!

• Russia, Female, 18-24
1st Nov 2016

Nice place. But it felt more like hotel than hostel. Almost no people downstairs, very quiet. The first night i arrived i was alone in my 8-bed dorm..So if you expect hostel atmosphere probably that's not the right place( Also the staff was not very friendly. Everything else was fine