Rock&Wood International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.615 Lane, ZhaoHua Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China

good location about 7min walk to subway. excellent facilities. very nice bar at ground floor. the best hostel in SH I've ever seen. definitely will come again when I travel to SH. thanks for the staff.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • China

Good hostel in general but the WIFI don't worked well.

A bit far from the city center, but you can reach it easy with the subway (10min by foot) the staff is so nice, I had a really great time there. The cool were the locker, big enough to put your backpack !! Sosafe

Great hostel experience at Rock and Wood! The common area is conducive to meeting and chatting with fellow travelers.

Convenient, clean and efficient, with friendly staff (we had a private room, so I cannot comment on the communal facilities). I would stay there again.

• 14th Aug 2014

The hostel is slightly tricky to find in a quiet residential area. Overall the main issues is the lack of character of the place and the slow internet. The private rooms are located have a dark corridor to get to them. The rooms are a bit bare and not really functional. Compared to hostels in Xiamen or Dali, the whole hostel feels devoid of character, despite having their own dog. The staff is functional, but not really friendly. Shanghai's number one rated hostel is just very average.

Gret hostel. Stayed in delux double room, very clean

Also, just an average hostel, I wish the staff was more friendly.

We stayed in private room on the first floor at the rear of the building. Nice and quiet. The bar and communal room were good and spacious. It has a nice little outlook over the bamboo and wood decking courtyard, although nothing special. The private room was very cramped, although the bathroom was quite roomy and good. Train station and park quite close by. Not a tourist area of Shanghai but in a rather interesting local neighborhood. Didn't see the dorm rooms.

Thank you very much have to review ,our dormitory rooms are at the front desk was third and fourth floors of this building, hope to see you again!

a bit far from metro station, it's hard to reach it when raining :(

I'm sorry to bring you unpleasant, we will try to solve this problem, we hope to facilitate future hostel guests. . .

15min walk to closest train station and then my room was on the fourth floor, and they had no elevators. It's really far from Pudong airport but you could take a train after 6:30am (about 1.5hrs to get there). The staff was friendly and spoke english well, and the common area was nice. I stayed in a private room for one night and thought it was pretty clean. There are definitely better places to stay in Shanghai.

Thank you very much! hope to see you again!

Good hostel. Bad internet connection. Please note that the hostel has two dogs, one of them big, and are often in the main facilities....

Front desk was very helpful, great bar/lounge atmosphere to meet other travelers, bathroom was less than ideal--showers sometimes smelled like the toilet, toilet smelled like toilet

• 4th Aug 2014

we are sorry for that, We will try to solve your questions, I hope there will not be a similar situation from happening again! Have a good day!

Overall enjoyed my stay here. The decor is very nice and the facilities top-notch. A few recommendations: The hostel is a bit boring. I'd recommend having the staff organize events and pub crawls like other hostels. Everyone kept to themselves in the lobby and just lost themselves into their smart phones and laptops. A little frustrating. There appeared to be some construction going on while I was there. I understand the necessity, but please warn your guests ahead of time.

Nice place. A bit out of the way.

Great place, location is a bit off but its very close to 2 metro stations which makes it just fine. Everything else is just excellent. Far better than all the hostels we've been at in China and better than lots of fancy hotels.

+: Rooms are big and light: towels are replaced everyday and new toilet paper is provided regularly +: Great atmosphere: big common area with lots of space to chill out on couches, chairs, has a very cozy feel to it. +: Staff is good and friendly: helps booking bus tickets +: Breakfast is great +: As opposed to some reviews: in my opinion it is VERY close to the nearest subway station! -: Beds are hard -: Diner is (very) bad -: Location is not great: some travel time to the bund, etc.

it is a reli good experience, the price is so reasonable and the staff n my roommates r so nice! i have met a lot of friends there :)

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

This hostel, located in the less touristic part of Shanghai, was one of the best experiences we've had with hostels. It offers free pool table, nice staff, cosy ambience and nice prices on both food/drink and rooms (compared to the price-range in Shanghai). To sum it up - EXCELLENT.

The common area feels like your in sims with the twinkling calming music playing all the time, it's good but they could change up th playlist once In a while... Really enjoyed my stay but the bedroom had quite a few mosquitoes... Close the windows when your there!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5