Rock&Wood International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.615 Lane, ZhaoHua Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China

2008 Total Reviews

Very nice place to stay for a couple of days or more. You can have a cheap beer while playing pool for free or enjoy the cute little garden.

Convenient position, near the metro. Both the staff and my roommates are kindly, and the shared bathroom is also clean. Great hostel.

Overall good stay, nothing much to complain about! Stayed here 3 times over a period 2.5 weeks and they were accommodating to my late arrivals when my flights got in late, and even got delayed. They were able to hold my large luggage in storage for 5 yuan a night while I went on trips. Most the staff spoke decent english and gave me a free metro map. Could've been more helpful in giving information about the city and things to do nearby, but service wasn't bad. Their lounge/lobby area is nice!

More like a hotel than a hostel. Beautiful garden and courtyard area, very comfortable beds and easy access the to metro. Very nice staff, always willing to help out. Will definitely return

It was a spacious and clean hostel in a very good location conveniently close to the metro station. The dorms themselves were compact but they served well for storaging the luggage and sleeping. The common area in the downstairs was so big that there was no need to kill time in the dorm. The staff was nice and helpful.

Thank you so much for letting us in although we had troubles getting to the hostel and that made us arrive too late. It was nice to be able to get the reservation and find nice, comfy beds.

We had a cozy double bed room, but it didn't lack in great amenities (read: hot water, towels, and free hair-dryer to use for the duration of our stay). The hostel facilities were great as well. I would spend the extra money to upgrade to the next level of private suites to enjoy a window or being in the courtyard. Definitely returning to Rock & Wood on my next trip to Shanghai!

• 8th Apr 2015

there is mist in some rooms and showers, but it is the best hostel I have ever stayed in

• 5th Apr 2015

Great location, and super nice/clean atmosphere. No complaints here! One of the better hostels I've stayed at in China. The staff were on top of things and very flexible about our check-in time. I chose this place because I was going to a concert at the Sports Stadium, and it's only 3 subway stops away from there. Very convenient. Also, there are some good small restaurants & convenience stores by there that were still open at midnight, also a plus.

It's located in a nice residential neighborhood about a ten minute walk from Zhongshan Park metro station. Staff is friendly and facilities are good.

Nice room with comfortable bed, but badly soundproofed. Cleanliness was ok for chinese standard. Wifi available in the rooms but often slow. There is no safe in the room. Location is good, 10-15mins to metro.

• 28th Mar 2015

nice common area and atmosphere. food was terrible. mouldy smell in the room.

Facilities, location and atmosphere was great! Common room was a great place to hangout. You wouldn't think you're in hostel until you saw the bunkbed. Also did a decent coffee and food. I enjoyed my stay and will definitely be coming back.

The Rock&Wood is good hostel in easy access to the subway line in Shanghai. It has a great bar area with garden. The private rooms are clean and tidy. My only complaint is the walls are paper thin and you can hear everything from your neighbours.

• 27th Mar 2015

Thank you! had a pleasant stay :)

pros: the armosphere is really nice. it is easy to get to know new friends from all over the world and everyone seems open. the common area is a good place to meet people and friends and is really comfortable. cons: i moved to another bed after the dirst night bc the matress was horrible and i couldnt sleep. the second one was much better and quite comfortable. the doors cant be closed from the outside without smashing them, so everytime someone left the room i woke up. there is no kitchen!

I had a private room. The room had a problem that is common in Chinese hotels: it lacked privacy for the bathroom. Bathrooms should have FOUR WALLS AND A DOOR, it's not that complicated.

Very friendly staff!!!

We didn't get the rooms we booked - staff was moderate friendly and helpful - I don't know how they got the cleanliness award but our room was so dusty and not very clean - floor and sinks were full with hair. Location was not that great, ca 10mins walking distance to next underground. the lobby though was very nice, pool table (great idea!!), nice seating area, that looked really perfect. An elevator would have been nice - stayed on the 4th floor, (after a long journey, heavy luggage...)

A very nice place to stay--reasonable price, lively atmosphere in the bar area, very polite staff, clean bed etc... Except that the hostel is a little bit far away from the nearest metro. Anyway, 5 stars recommended.

Thanks, hope to see you again!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6