Rock&Wood International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.615 Lane, ZhaoHua Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China

Everything ok!

Really great place - great atmosphere, clean and comfortable rooms and a hot shower. Good location, right by the metro, and in a quiet enough area. Thanks a lot, it was great!

• 25th Jan 2016
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The staff were friendly, the rooms were clean and warm. Nice relaxing atmosphere in the lounge. Great coffee and french fries. Definitely not a party hostel. If your looking for somewhere quiet but not empty I would recommend this place.

• 22nd Jan 2016

The location was great, it was easy to find and very close to the metro. The room was clean and comfortable and had pretty much everything you want in a hostel.

• 20th Jan 2016

Great hostel. Nice rooms, comfy beds, good location. Really small price gap between mixed dorm and a private double if there's two of you!

I very much liked the garden but it was unfortunately raining during my stay, but during the summer I can imagine it would've beautiful here. A little bit out of the way, and was difficult for us to find (but then again was 3AM), but close to the subway station and lots of convenience stores. What was lacking in facilities was made up for with a big spacious room and in the friendly staff. Had a nice stay here, would come again if in Shanghai.

Even if it isn't very central, it is very close to subway line 2 which is very convenient! You can reach many interesting places in a few minutes. The staff is great and very helpful and the atmosphere is great! The food and drinks are very cheap, especially if compared to other hostels in China that are as cool as this, which is great cause it means that they don't want to take advantage of the foreign guests! Loved this place

I went with 4 friends and we stayed in a mixed bed dorm. We had a great time here. The staff were friendly and helpful and the hostel itself had a great atmosphere. The breakfast was good and it's really close to 2 metro stations. I will definitely recommend this hostel to friends.

The location is good though a decent walk from the subway. I stated in a mixed four dorm and it was very tight with a small window. The room smelled like "guy" so it wasn't pleasant to come into but that may be the men who were staying in the room. The showers were clean and had lots of hot water. The wifi worked great in my room too.

A little too far away from subway stops, taxi drivers sometimes have troubles finding it. Super nice common area, very good bathrooms, dorm room rather small.

Was a really nice place , only down side was we had a room behind the communal showeres so it got noisey some times as the walls where fun

Nice hostel overall and the lobby had a nice cafe-like atmosphere. The room floors could be cleaner though.

almost everything was fine; except the Internet was sometimes a bit instable

I love the cafe most with relaxed atmosphere and gentle staff. The room is great and the water is warm. The location is near the train station. I can go everywhere in Shanghai conveniently. There is a awesome restaurant near this hostel selling soy milk and deep-fried dough sticks. I go there for breakfast every day.

Wonderful hostel! Thank you for such a lovely time and helping me get around! I enjoyed all of your staff members! I met a lifelong friend here, too! Xiexie! PS: Adding curtains, to your beds (for privacy) would increase my likelihood of returning (especially in the co-ed bunkrooms)!

• 7th Jan 2016

I arrived at around 2am (and had warned the hostel) and at first when I arrived, I was unsure that I was going to be able to get in. But eventually the night worker came and it all worked out.

• 6th Jan 2016

We booked a basic double room and it was really tiny but for the price ok. We upgraded to the double room and it was worth it.

Our first hostel in China and a great start. Stayed in a standard double with en suite which was small but clean. We stayed an extra night so had to change to a more expensive twin room as we hadn't booked and it was much nicer than the double, large room and hotel quality. Breakfast was great and there are a few cheap street stalls nearby for dinner.

We loved it. Will be coming back!

A great stay!