Rock&Wood International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.615 Lane, ZhaoHua Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China

Had a great stay there, nice Hostel :-)

The hostel does not have an elevator, but everything else was good :)

• 6th Sep 2014
  • Israel

The best hostel I've stayed at in China. It has a very relaxed atomsphere and very helpful english-speaking staff!

One of my favorite hostels in Shanghai... I only wish it had a elevator and was closer to the subway.

The hostel itself was good, great room with ensuite, staff mostly spoke English, one guy wasn't too helpful when we asked about what was available in the local area, but we were able to borrow a map and city guide. The hostel at the time of our stay was 98% French students who pretty much refused to speak English so it wasn't a great atmosphere but that's not obviously the hostels fault.

you must consider a better comon areas, or use a part of the bar, to stay open as a common area

Very very nice place, very pretty and clean. There is a wooden terrace with water passing by, a big patio in which they show movies on a projector at night (not sure it is every night, but I saw it a couple times). Single rooms are really big for 220RMB (25€) per night, and staff speaks good English. Very good atmosphere, I definitely recommend the place. Only point for tourists: the location isn't very very central, but it's close enough to all the places you will want to go I think.

• 27th Aug 2014

good location about 7min walk to subway. excellent facilities. very nice bar at ground floor. the best hostel in SH I've ever seen. definitely will come again when I travel to SH. thanks for the staff.

• 22nd Aug 2014
  • China

Good hostel in general but the WIFI don't worked well.

This hostel was great value for money! The facilities are excellent, and it is very clean. The communal area is big and stylish, and has a chilled out vibe. As a solo traveller I did manage to meet and make friends with a few people, but it wasn't super easy (possibly because the communal area is so big, so people tend to spread out). However, the pool table is a nice feature next to the bar. Great street food near by! And also had a pretty decent and cheap massage (not dodgy) near by also!

A bit far from the city center, but you can reach it easy with the subway (10min by foot) the staff is so nice, I had a really great time there. The cool were the locker, big enough to put your backpack !! Sosafe

Great hostel experience at Rock and Wood! The common area is conducive to meeting and chatting with fellow travelers.

Convenient, clean and efficient, with friendly staff (we had a private room, so I cannot comment on the communal facilities). I would stay there again.

• 14th Aug 2014

The hostel is slightly tricky to find in a quiet residential area. Overall the main issues is the lack of character of the place and the slow internet. The private rooms are located have a dark corridor to get to them. The rooms are a bit bare and not really functional. Compared to hostels in Xiamen or Dali, the whole hostel feels devoid of character, despite having their own dog. The staff is functional, but not really friendly. Shanghai's number one rated hostel is just very average.

Gret hostel. Stayed in delux double room, very clean

Also, just an average hostel, I wish the staff was more friendly.

I'm sorry to bring you bad experiences, we will investigate it may be has some misunderstanding, try to do the best, look forward to next stay!

We stayed in private room on the first floor at the rear of the building. Nice and quiet. The bar and communal room were good and spacious. It has a nice little outlook over the bamboo and wood decking courtyard, although nothing special. The private room was very cramped, although the bathroom was quite roomy and good. Train station and park quite close by. Not a tourist area of Shanghai but in a rather interesting local neighborhood. Didn't see the dorm rooms.

Thank you very much have to review ,our dormitory rooms are at the front desk was third and fourth floors of this building, hope to see you again!

a bit far from metro station, it's hard to reach it when raining :(

I'm sorry to bring you unpleasant, we will try to solve this problem, we hope to facilitate future hostel guests. . .

15min walk to closest train station and then my room was on the fourth floor, and they had no elevators. It's really far from Pudong airport but you could take a train after 6:30am (about 1.5hrs to get there). The staff was friendly and spoke english well, and the common area was nice. I stayed in a private room for one night and thought it was pretty clean. There are definitely better places to stay in Shanghai.

Thank you very much! hope to see you again!

Good hostel. Bad internet connection. Please note that the hostel has two dogs, one of them big, and are often in the main facilities....

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5