Rock&Wood International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.615 Lane, ZhaoHua Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China

Great hostel with a relaxed and tranquil atmosphere. Plenty of room is available. The facilities are very good. The way they've organised the plant display and the fish pond beats it all. My only criticism is to get thicher or bigger pillows.

The was rock. AND wood. Wasseaayyyy

The location is central enough in Shanghai though there's a 10-min walk from the underground lines 2, 3 and 4. There's a street of restaurants after a 15-min walk. Inside the hostel, there's a cosy common room with a pool table and bar. No kitchen but a refegerator is available. The staff was helpful though not very friendly. The hostel was in general very clean and comfortable. I would recommend this hostel.

Really nice common area, the burger is good but that's about it. Stick to beers, cocktails were not very good. Wifi in the lobby never worked for me, staff was unhelpful too. I had a corner room and the wifi signal was very weak, mostly no service in the room. Room was clean but they don't sweep or dust. They replace towels and toilet paper everyday. Location is awful, smelled like a cess pool with feces and trash hanging along the street. Location is far from the big attractions.

This was a wonderful stay with excellent staff and friendly guests. There is no elevator here so one of the staff members offered to bring my 50lb luggage up 4 flights of stairs. I presume most guests at the hotel travel much lighter than I. The only negative thing I have to say about this hostel is that their internet upstairs isn't the greatest, but the connection on the first floor solves that.

• 24th Jun 2015

Pros: front garden, comfy beds, big lockers, cafe Cons: slow internet, dogs in common areas, no chair for computers

Really enjoyed my stay at Rock & Wood - it has a really nice atmosphere. As it's quite a new hostel, everything feels really fresh & bright. Really like the extra wide dorm beds! The communal areas feel super friendly & pleasant for socialising or recuperating. Helpful staff. The only problem I found was the wifi speed, which wasn't great. The location is convieniemt to get to other parts of the city but not any area you'd necessarily hang out in.

The staff was professional and the facilities are nice.

It's this kind of hostels that put 90% of their investment in the living room/reception/cafe for a wow feeling when you get in and then you realize the rooms don't match that feeling. I was there 6 days and they never came in once to clean the floor which build up more hair, dust and trash from people who checked out. If you're looking for a cozy place to read/enjoy a meal a coffee and don't care so much about private/comfortable time in your room then this is perfect.

Very nice place with big rooms. Nice Bar/restaurant with good and reasonable priced food. Helpful staff. But still quite far to the subway. In comparison to other hostels I've been to in SH. Showers could be better. Sometimes really dirty although getting cleaned every day.

Great hostel. The common area is amazing, best I have seen in a hostel. Pool table, couches, huge wooden table, outside lounge area, bar that also serves food. The location is great, just a couple minutes from the metro Line 2, which is the only one you will need in Shanghai. Though be aware there is a school next to the hostel so you will hear the morning bells in your room. Highly recommend if you are just passing through or staying for a week.

This was already the third hostel I have been to in Shanghai. And I have to say it also was the best one even though the other two where also very good. It definitely has an excellent atmosphere with very nice furniture and a small garden downstairs. The breakfast is also very good and prices are fair.

Probably the dirtiest hostel I have ever stayed at. We booked a 4 bed dorm but could only put us in a 6 room dorm. The dorm had so much dust it was ridiculous, there were also cigarette butts in our room, which were left there for the duration of our stay. The toilets and sink on each were foul and never cleaned once. Appart from that, the beer and food was relevatively well priced, except for their coffee which is about 5$AUD per cup. If they improved cleanliness this would be a good hostel

Really cool environment, indoor and outdoor. Friendly staff, big comfortable dorm beds and large lockers. Toilets were clean and smelled good (incense!) and the showers were good too. No complaints!

very enjoyable

• 6th Jun 2015
  • New Zealand

Great shower and perfect breakfast possibilities. Close to metro station, so getting into town is easyJet.

not very close of the attractions but good price... have no kitchen !!! so,you need to buy there(not cheap). Regular internet,good bathrooms.

Good hostel to meet people. Not exactly centrally located, but in a nice area of its own.

Both the inside and outside of the hostel were beautiful. Our room was small and window-less, but it was very clean and had a very comfortable bed. We loved the location-- very close to two metro stations. The Zhongshan park metro station is also located within a great mall with a cheap grocery store and a very convenient food court.

Probably the best stuff in a hostel I ever had. They helped me calling other hostels and planning my trip several times. Rooms are small but clean. Definitely a recommendation

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6