Rock&Wood International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.615 Lane, ZhaoHua Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China

It have a big hall that very clear .nice food Sandwich Especially and Reception staff is very kind friendly.

Best hostel I've EVER stayed in. Can't recommend it high enough!!

• 5th Feb 2014
  • South Africa

Great, fun, clean, hostel. Dorm rooms are nice, and the Private rooms are just as good as any hotel!!! Great wifi, great access to the subway, and good breakfast.

Very friendly staff the hostel is minutes walk from the train line that can take you almost anywhere you require. We would return

Stayed in a private room. Arrived at 4:00pm. Our room was still dirty from the previous occupants. We then had to wait over an hour for our room to be cleaned. It would have been nice if we were offered a free drink while we wasted our time, but no, in fact we weren't even given an apology. Aside from this annoyance the place is ok. It is relatively clean and quiet. The location is a bit out of the way, but it is close to a line 2 stop. Would only stay here again if there were no other options.

Hi dear customer, first of all, we are sincerely apologize for what happened to you, we had a lot of rooms check out on the day you arrive, and we did your room clean late it was true, and sorry for that we didn't consider how you feft, and thanks for letting us improve our service. Sorry for late reply. ---- R&W Team

-Very nice staff -Good location

Many thanks for your review. :-)

1.Capacious lobby as a bar always with enjoyable jazz,rock and roll. 2.Stylish yard with baboos, artificial spring flows gentlely to a small pool. 3.Chinese food and western food,many kinds of alcohol and soft beverage. 4.Nice staffs and warm atmosfere,and you can always see smile faces and hear sounds of pleasant laugh. Recent years, I have lived in more than 10 or 15 hostels in China,Japan,and Thailand,I evaluate Rock and Wood as the best of all of the hostels of I have lived.

• 2nd Feb 2014
  • China

Many thanks!!!!

I like it very much!

We are glad to hear that. :-) Please visit here again when you are in Shanghai next time.

I loved staying here. Although I had a private room, I always had someone to talk to because the common area is a great place to meet people. The rooms remind me a little of summer camp, but everything is clean and works well. The bar has cheap beer and decent food. Although this is not right in the middle of the city, it is easily reachable by subway and the French Concession is within walking distance and/or the bus. This is a solid, chill hostel that I will definitely staying at again!

Thanks for your comment, we wish you have a better experience here when you visit us again. :-) Cheers!

Very enjoyable stay, many thanks, will certainly recommend! WiFi was a bit patchy at times but worked well overall.

Thank you very much for sure, we will continue to strive to do better

1 2 3 4 5 Next » last »