Rock&Wood International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.615 Lane, ZhaoHua Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China

2054 Total Reviews

I traveled around china for 5 weeks and this hostel was by far the best one! Rooms were extremely clean and comfortable and had a great modern feel. The bar/restaurant was good, served both Chinese and western foods at an ok price. The only downside to this hostel was it's location. It takes around 20 minutes on the subway to reach the centre if shanghai but it was easily done. I would highly recommend this hostel to anyone travelling to shanghai on a budget!

The private room is well designed and good atmosphere:)) I paid for a ordinary bedroom but offered me a luxury one, thanks a lot!!!! The cost is low, quite worth money! Besides, I like the common space here! Very big and nice! But I was informed could not eat my food on the tables, I think it could be kind of unreasonable :((( I think the large space could be offered as common using, and of course I'd like to clean by myself after using it!

Great hostel! Feels new. Not the most cosy one but no complaints.. A bit far from the center if thats a problem for some :)

The lobby is pretty cool and laid back. The staff was helpful. The hostel is somewhat difficult to find as it is located on an alleyway. I didn't like the fact that one of my roommates seemed to be living there so she had a lot of stuff laying around; I would suggest that the hostel limits the number of days a guest can stay to avoid this.

Location was excellent and staff very helpful. Facilities are great for the price and having a kitchen, a bar, pool table (sometimes a bit noisy with balls hitting the floor) etc. is really a plus for the whole experience. The only thing I was against was the wearing of street shoes into the sleeping rooms. I really think there should be a sign asking everyone to remove their street shoes before entering the whole facility or before entering the sleeping rooms. Less to clean for the cleaners.

• 9th Dec 2014

Pros: exceptional building, activities (pool table, guitar, movie nights), bar/ cafe inside, great location (2 train stations nearby), modern, clean communal shower + toilet facilities Cons: bedrooms can be cold, light may be an issue, staircase is quite clinical, staff were ok, expensive menu. Make sure you go 'out' out, street food for breakfast, less than ¥5

Nice stay, only there for one night on the way back to London. Lovely staff, the receptionist helped me with getting my cell phone topped up using her own phone account. She didn't have to, but went the extra distance. Nice.

• 3rd Dec 2014

everything is good just staff is too not helpful and washroom is too dirty i have complained the roommate is so noisy but the staff is not willing to solve the problem so disappointed

Very comfortable hostel. Surprisingly comfortable bed for China. Warm room. Good breakfast (you pay for).

Nice place and staff. Just recommend to update the map. Since there are two kaiyuan school so people won't get lost when locating the hostel. Will go there again.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »