Rock&Wood International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.615 Lane, ZhaoHua Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China

My friend and I had a great stay here. I can't express how awesome the staff was, and I liked the location. Wuyi avenue was a cute street, and convenient to the metro. I will return if I ever make it back to Shanghai

• 8th Jul 2014

Thank you very much, look forward to your stay again

The nearest metro station from here is 'Zhongshan Park'(line 2 ; good for sightseeing), but taken 15 minutes by walking. A little bit tired. The room was very clean and air conditional was also well. I stayed 2 nights with family, I think it's not good for family, and usually western young tourists are coming. At first night, wifi wasn't worked!!! Next day it solved but I couldn't accept it at first. Staffs are kind and atmosphere is quite well. Except wifi, not bad.

Rock&Wood has nice double rooms and a very nice and spacious common area. Our double room (with patio) was very large, with large bed and good bathroom/shower. Staff is friendly and helpful. The hostel is located at about 10 minutes walk from Metro Line 2, which is very convenient when you want to travel to interesting sites in Shanghai (direct to People Square, East Nanjing/Bund, airport).

good hostel with a nice english speaking staff!

Nice hostel, friendly staff. Close enough to metro. Would have been good to know the room didn't have a window when booking.

The stay here was great. Our private room was spacious enough and in comparison to other hostels very clean. The facilities in the bathroom were also quite modern. From the metro station it is not even a 15 min walk (like described), max. 10 min. The location is very nice with many little shops and restaurants around the hostel. Recommend this hostel!

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, including their dog. The lounge was very cozy, because it provided many good books and comfy chairs. The drinks at the bar are reasonably priced as well. The dorms, washrooms and showers were very clean. The hostel is about a 10 minute walk from Line 2 which is convenient. There are a lot of little dumpling places and convenient stores located nearby as well.

The staff were great! Forgot my charger but they had me covered. tucked away in a quiet location. definitely gets my stamp of approval! ..a bit away from most of the sights... but still great!

It seems like Line 3 and Line 4 are closer to the hostel so it might be useful to add that to the directions.

This hostel doesn't really enforce its quiet hours. So do your best to not have a room near the communal bathrooms!

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »