Rock&Wood International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.615 Lane, ZhaoHua Road, Changning District, Shanghai, China

Gret hostel. Stayed in delux double room, very clean

Also, just an average hostel, I wish the staff was more friendly.

I'm sorry to bring you bad experiences, we will investigate it may be has some misunderstanding, try to do the best, look forward to next stay!

We stayed in private room on the first floor at the rear of the building. Nice and quiet. The bar and communal room were good and spacious. It has a nice little outlook over the bamboo and wood decking courtyard, although nothing special. The private room was very cramped, although the bathroom was quite roomy and good. Train station and park quite close by. Not a tourist area of Shanghai but in a rather interesting local neighborhood. Didn't see the dorm rooms.

Thank you very much have to review ,our dormitory rooms are at the front desk was third and fourth floors of this building, hope to see you again!

a bit far from metro station, it's hard to reach it when raining :(

I'm sorry to bring you unpleasant, we will try to solve this problem, we hope to facilitate future hostel guests. . .

15min walk to closest train station and then my room was on the fourth floor, and they had no elevators. It's really far from Pudong airport but you could take a train after 6:30am (about 1.5hrs to get there). The staff was friendly and spoke english well, and the common area was nice. I stayed in a private room for one night and thought it was pretty clean. There are definitely better places to stay in Shanghai.

Thank you very much! hope to see you again!

Good hostel. Bad internet connection. Please note that the hostel has two dogs, one of them big, and are often in the main facilities....

Front desk was very helpful, great bar/lounge atmosphere to meet other travelers, bathroom was less than ideal--showers sometimes smelled like the toilet, toilet smelled like toilet

• 4th Aug 2014

we are sorry for that, We will try to solve your questions, I hope there will not be a similar situation from happening again! Have a good day!

Overall enjoyed my stay here. The decor is very nice and the facilities top-notch. A few recommendations: The hostel is a bit boring. I'd recommend having the staff organize events and pub crawls like other hostels. Everyone kept to themselves in the lobby and just lost themselves into their smart phones and laptops. A little frustrating. There appeared to be some construction going on while I was there. I understand the necessity, but please warn your guests ahead of time.

Nice place. A bit out of the way.

Great place, location is a bit off but its very close to 2 metro stations which makes it just fine. Everything else is just excellent. Far better than all the hostels we've been at in China and better than lots of fancy hotels.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »