Saigon Balo Hostel Reviews

203 Pham Ngu Lao, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The owners were wonderful!! Breakfast on the rooftop was the highlight! Not many social areas, dorm rooms very cramped! Value for money!!

6 bed dorm with clean beds, nice bathroom with hot water and good breakfast included. What i did not like was inconsistent pricing. Hostelworld was 5 dollars, Booking was 7 dollars and when i walked in without a reservation the first day it was 6 dollars.

Pretty good hostel, great location and the staff were nice and friendly. Don't book any trips through them, they cost double what you should pay.

An average place. The room we stayed in was old and rough around the edges, with no natural light and noise from the street below. However, I think we had the worst room in the place, right above the reception, so others are probably better. AC worked find and was a blessing in the heat of the city! Nice rooftop for breakfast, but nobody seemed to hang out there to socialise. Didn't book any tours through the agency, they weren't forcefully trying to sell us any. Like I said....average place.

A good standard hostel. The tours are overpriced-we booked the Cu Chi tunnels through them, paid $6 (wouldn't negotiate) and found out on the tour that it was $4.50. They tried to get us to book another, but we paid less for the exact tour elsewhere. Girl at reception was amazing!! So helpful, kind and always smiling. Wifi was good, not much of an atmosphere, nowhere to hang out. For the price, good place.

Was a nice stay. The included breakfast is good. And the best thing is: there is an elevator. A little sad was only that our 6-bed-dorm-room was equiped with only two plugs.

Great place, the lady behind the desk was extremely helpful and informative. I loved the place. it is right in the centre of everything. has an awesome rooftop place to chill out. And best part was the kebabs which were right at the entrance. cheap and omg amazing!!

I had a very good time there. Thanks for their kindness and willing to help me.

• 31st Dec 2014
  • Taiwan

It's a nice and very well located hostel. Breakfast is ok and cost benefit ratio is excelent. They lack a bit of organization for some things and the room is a bit crowded in the 6 bed dorm, lacking a space for the big backpacks to be out of the way.

The staff were nice and always helpful and the rooms were clean. I was also very lucky and had some of the best people I've ever met traveling in my room. Made for a wonderful time in HCM. However, in the 6 person dorm there are only two available plugs. There are more plugs in the room but they are blocked my the mattress. The hostel should look into investing in some power strips for the rooms. In this day and age even backpackers need more plugs.