Saigon Youth Hostel Reviews

241/32 Pham Ngu Lao, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The best thing about this hostel for me was the location. Literally a minutes walk from the night life. Laundry and food places next door. Average cleanliness. Staff was very nice though which I liked. Wifi was okay downstairs but that's about the only place it worked.

I wouldn't recommend this hostel. It's cheap but there are probably better hostels in the area. We pre booked but they split up our group and one of the girls had to stay in the male dorm. The guy on reception wasn't apologetic and just kept laughing nervously. The other staff were fine. There was a rat in the foyer. Rooms were tiny. It was down an alley, near the street with bars and restaurants. Good massage places nearby too. Mind your belongings at night when out.

The staff are wonderful but my single room is tiny, just as well I'm petite. Excellent location and I appreciate the small breakfast in the morning.

The hostel is quite basic but has everything you need. The room was fine and the breakfast was pretty nice. But you can't beat the location, inbetween the two Main Streets of Ho Chi Minh, in a small alley perfect for getting cheap street food.

Absolutely awesome place to stay right in the middle of the backpackers district. We had a blast staying there. Make sure you ask for Henry,hes freaking awesome, and ultra accommodating. Make sure you grab a beer with his as well. He knows the city and loves helping and meeting people. We love you henry!

Excellent location with very helpful and friendly staff! Make sure you check out the restaurant across the road, really cheap and delicious food...

Reception staff care about your well being and it shows. Spoke good english and were chatty. Free breakfast was good. Actually it is down an alley filled with hostels, safe to walk down but easy to miss. Had a single room which smelled a little damp, no windows but it was ok. Book a half day tunnels trip and even fired a gun! Got scammed by a rigged taxi meter once in HCM, so be aware of the reliable companies names.

Had a single for 2 nights and enjoyed the private, air conditioned room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Great location in an alley between two major streets. Would go back.

leaving passport at the counter is a bad practice, they forgot to return us our passport during check out and me missed our flight cos of it.

Good location, nice beds and breakfast, rooms were clean. Bathroom is a bit older but still clean. Staff is young and cheerfull.

Extremely friendly staff ! Steven and Irene went out of their way to help me get to places I needed to get to. The hostel itself is small as one would expect in Hong Kong. If you want to experience Hong Kong I think it's the best place to stay as its right next to Mong Kong MTR. Accessible and great way to see how locals shop next door. For the price it's a great steal.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • India

Book a private room & have my stay in room 507, staff keep giving other new guests with the key to enter my room even when I am there without knocking. So you will feel irritated with no privacy. We also have to climb up to the 5th floor with luggage.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

Look it's a hostel so you don't expect the ritz but they couldn't give us a room key until the evening as they lost it, the rooms are tiny, the Internet doesn't work for the 5th and 6th floor and the pictures do not look like the actual place. It was more expensive then other places we have stayed that have been much better. But one of the male staff was really smiley and kind :)

the hostel is in a great location even when it can be a bit hard to find it (just the first time), close to lot of shops, travel agencies and a beautiful park the staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are quiet and nice but a bit small for 4 people with backpacks

Considering the other places I stayed in Vietnam for significantly more money, this place was awesome. Good size bunk beds - larger than your average twin but smaller than a double. Clean rooms and clean bathrooms - some of the best I'd seen at this price point in Vietnam. Big lockers - but bring your own lock. They also serve breakfast which is nice. Finally, they went above and beyond when they let me store my bag in their back room for 5 days without charge. I would return!

Overall a good hostel! It was a short stop over and in walking distance to most things! Can book tours etc at reception and the rooms are pretty clean and tidy! It doesn't do anything to stand out, but it does a good job!

no atmosphere in the hostel, but a great location

We saw the tripadvisor rating of 4/5 so booked but were very disappointed. No atmosphere at all, the 'free breakfast' is tiny and terrible. The 4 bed dorm had aircon, but hard uncomfy beds. Worst of all the manager or man working most of the time, makes absolutely no effort to be helpful. So many other places along the laneway, wish we chose elsewhere.