Saigon Youth Hostel Reviews

241/32 Pham Ngu Lao, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I am very happy with the location, place is decent and secure. But be aware that if are planning early leave to the airport, the hotel stuff may call for "their guy" and, possibly, overcharge. Also i had to leave my passport at the hotel desc during my stay. Maybe It's a common practice, but somehow it didnt feel good

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Russia

We were stolen off in our room...

This hostel is more or less what I dread when I think about backpacking. The bathroom attached to the room was covered in mold and dark and grimey. The room had no natural light and the hostel had no atmosphere. The location is down a grim little alleyway, other than the lack of visual appeal the location as actually very good since it is right in the middle of the tourist district and aroundabouts where the bus from Cambodia dropped me off. Say here only if location is everything.

Booked a twin room here and it was extremely small…we were in bunk beds and there was no room to even put luggage other than in the locker. Very small common area that got crowded easily. Overheard some people requesting to change rooms after finding a cockroach, but we didn't see any. While the staff wasn't too outwardly friendly, they were incredibly helpful with bookings and with any questions we had, very knowledgeable.

Nice place to stay, really close to everything but without all the noise. Bed was good and room clean and cool(stayed in 4bed female dorm)

Great little hostel. Right on the busy Bui Vien, so plenty happening. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I'll definitely be back.

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Scotland

When we arrived, the hostel was overbooked, however, we were moved to another hotel for the first night. This was not very convinient to us, as we had to check out at move to saigon youth hostel around noon, which practically ruined our first day in Ho Chi Minh, leaving us homeless for an hour! Not cool! Would not recommend this place to others!

Small but comfortable and clean. I was not too happy about being on the 6th floor with no lift and the wifi rarely worked upstairs. Also I asked twice for a towel but they kept running out of them, and there is no proper communal area to meet other travellers, but I guess in a hostel this small that would be difficult. The staff, however, were quite helpful. One of the ladies warned me about the thefts in the city and told me to get passport photos for my Cambodia visa, which I hadn't thought of

Great location, very friendly staff, clean rooms and free breakfast in the morning. Definitly recommend it!

This place was great, the staff were very helpful and has a great location in an alleyway off of Pham Ngu Lao Street.

• 9th Jan 2014
  • New Zealand

Didn't have the the room we had payed for available. Tried to charge us more when we payed in dong... Commom room and breakfast was not anything to brag about...

No wifi in rooms but very clean. private room had bunk beds which was annoying.

Friendly Staff, clean room

• 29th Nov 2013

Saigon youth hostel,although it may not look it from the outside. Is a fun,clean.cheap stay in hcmc. The staff are super nice. Breakfast is very yummy. Had a ball! Close to anything and everything including resturants,bars and tour operators

• 27th Nov 2013
  • New Zealand

Great location, friendly staff!

Worth money!!!! Staff are friendly and willing to help , location is great as well . Four beds dorm room with private bathroom !!! Definitely will come back !!!

central location, friendly staff, they provided all information I need. I feel warmly as stay at home