Saigon Youth Hostel Reviews

241/32 Pham Ngu Lao, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The twin room felt like a prison cell

Great staff, convenient location in the backpacker area, people at the front desk are always handy and keen to help. The rooms are clean and comfortable. This hostel is good value for money, besides you will have the time to meet tons of people.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Peru

Friendly staff, poor wifi.

I am very happy with the location, place is decent and secure. But be aware that if are planning early leave to the airport, the hotel stuff may call for "their guy" and, possibly, overcharge. Also i had to leave my passport at the hotel desc during my stay. Maybe It's a common practice, but somehow it didnt feel good

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Russia

We were stolen off in our room...

This hostel is more or less what I dread when I think about backpacking. The bathroom attached to the room was covered in mold and dark and grimey. The room had no natural light and the hostel had no atmosphere. The location is down a grim little alleyway, other than the lack of visual appeal the location as actually very good since it is right in the middle of the tourist district and aroundabouts where the bus from Cambodia dropped me off. Say here only if location is everything.

Booked a twin room here and it was extremely small…we were in bunk beds and there was no room to even put luggage other than in the locker. Very small common area that got crowded easily. Overheard some people requesting to change rooms after finding a cockroach, but we didn't see any. While the staff wasn't too outwardly friendly, they were incredibly helpful with bookings and with any questions we had, very knowledgeable.

Nice place to stay, really close to everything but without all the noise. Bed was good and room clean and cool(stayed in 4bed female dorm)

Great little hostel. Right on the busy Bui Vien, so plenty happening. Staff were very friendly and helpful. I'll definitely be back.

• 1st Feb 2014
  • Scotland

When we arrived, the hostel was overbooked, however, we were moved to another hotel for the first night. This was not very convinient to us, as we had to check out at move to saigon youth hostel around noon, which practically ruined our first day in Ho Chi Minh, leaving us homeless for an hour! Not cool! Would not recommend this place to others!

Small but comfortable and clean. I was not too happy about being on the 6th floor with no lift and the wifi rarely worked upstairs. Also I asked twice for a towel but they kept running out of them, and there is no proper communal area to meet other travellers, but I guess in a hostel this small that would be difficult. The staff, however, were quite helpful. One of the ladies warned me about the thefts in the city and told me to get passport photos for my Cambodia visa, which I hadn't thought of