Saigon Youth Hostel Reviews

241/32 Pham Ngu Lao, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Look it's a hostel so you don't expect the ritz but they couldn't give us a room key until the evening as they lost it, the rooms are tiny, the Internet doesn't work for the 5th and 6th floor and the pictures do not look like the actual place. It was more expensive then other places we have stayed that have been much better. But one of the male staff was really smiley and kind :)

the hostel is in a great location even when it can be a bit hard to find it (just the first time), close to lot of shops, travel agencies and a beautiful park the staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are quiet and nice but a bit small for 4 people with backpacks

Considering the other places I stayed in Vietnam for significantly more money, this place was awesome. Good size bunk beds - larger than your average twin but smaller than a double. Clean rooms and clean bathrooms - some of the best I'd seen at this price point in Vietnam. Big lockers - but bring your own lock. They also serve breakfast which is nice. Finally, they went above and beyond when they let me store my bag in their back room for 5 days without charge. I would return!

Overall a good hostel! It was a short stop over and in walking distance to most things! Can book tours etc at reception and the rooms are pretty clean and tidy! It doesn't do anything to stand out, but it does a good job!

no atmosphere in the hostel, but a great location

We saw the tripadvisor rating of 4/5 so booked but were very disappointed. No atmosphere at all, the 'free breakfast' is tiny and terrible. The 4 bed dorm had aircon, but hard uncomfy beds. Worst of all the manager or man working most of the time, makes absolutely no effort to be helpful. So many other places along the laneway, wish we chose elsewhere.

Located in a narrow alleyway off Bui Vien close to all the backpacker bars and restaurants. Book a four bed dorm but moved to a two bed dorm with our own bathroom. Each room has a set of lockers which was handy. Breakfast was basic but it was a good start to the day.

It was annoying that I was not able to have a key to my room - this made me feel much less secure.

• 31st Dec 2014

Awful. Our flight was delayed, called the hostel telling them we wouldnt arrive until next day, "ok, no problem". When we arrived they were fully booked. They claimed you have to check in at 14 (even though we stated 20 pm when making the reservation) refused to give us our deposite back. Do not recommend.

There were only 2 of us in a 4 bed dorm and it was perfect. I can imagine if 4 people were in it would be a squeeze. clean and tidy, cheap and perfect location. would stay here again.

We loved the hostel, great location and the breakfast that is included is really great!!! Small room but it has a tv and ac and we were out all the time anyway. 1minute walk to a lovely park.

Small rooms. Some of them even without windows. Beds are not the best quality. We went to an other place after one night.

• 30th Oct 2014