Saigon Youth Hostel Reviews

241/32 Pham Ngu Lao, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I didn't really like this place, the bed was very hard , my room had no window and the bathroom was very dirty. The location is very good though

The twin room felt like a prison cell

Great staff, convenient location in the backpacker area, people at the front desk are always handy and keen to help. The rooms are clean and comfortable. This hostel is good value for money, besides you will have the time to meet tons of people.

• 2nd Jul 2014
  • Peru

Friendly staff, poor wifi.

I am very happy with the location, place is decent and secure. But be aware that if are planning early leave to the airport, the hotel stuff may call for "their guy" and, possibly, overcharge. Also i had to leave my passport at the hotel desc during my stay. Maybe It's a common practice, but somehow it didnt feel good

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Russia

We were stolen off in our room...

This hostel is more or less what I dread when I think about backpacking. The bathroom attached to the room was covered in mold and dark and grimey. The room had no natural light and the hostel had no atmosphere. The location is down a grim little alleyway, other than the lack of visual appeal the location as actually very good since it is right in the middle of the tourist district and aroundabouts where the bus from Cambodia dropped me off. Say here only if location is everything.