Saigon Youth Hostel Reviews

241/32 Pham Ngu Lao, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

leaving passport at the counter is a bad practice, they forgot to return us our passport during check out and me missed our flight cos of it.

Staff was willing, helpful, honest and fun to talk to. People traveling on the hostel were great.

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Chile

The people working here are great!!! Truc, Duy, An all of the receptionists we came in contact with were more than happy to help us with tickets, directions, reccommendations

• 1st Jun 2015
  • Spain

Good location, nice beds and breakfast, rooms were clean. Bathroom is a bit older but still clean. Staff is young and cheerfull.

It's a good place to stay in center of ho chi minh city. Staff are nice. You can put your things in luggage room for a period of time.

The hostel's location is great. Near almost everything. People on the reception are also very friendly. Overall, we had a good stay. It's very cheap so you get what you paid for.

Great location, nice rooftop and clean room

Excellent location close to bars/restaurant and attractions, clean room and good wifi

• Singapore

small hotel but pay attention on detail, nice hotel, modern bathroom. Staff is extremely helpful

• Sweden

Extremely friendly staff, nice room and right center

• Chile

Extremely friendly staff ! Steven and Irene went out of their way to help me get to places I needed to get to. The hostel itself is small as one would expect in Hong Kong. If you want to experience Hong Kong I think it's the best place to stay as its right next to Mong Kong MTR. Accessible and great way to see how locals shop next door. For the price it's a great steal.

• 21st Mar 2015
  • India

Book a private room & have my stay in room 507, staff keep giving other new guests with the key to enter my room even when I am there without knocking. So you will feel irritated with no privacy. We also have to climb up to the 5th floor with luggage.

• 19th Mar 2015
  • Singapore

Look it's a hostel so you don't expect the ritz but they couldn't give us a room key until the evening as they lost it, the rooms are tiny, the Internet doesn't work for the 5th and 6th floor and the pictures do not look like the actual place. It was more expensive then other places we have stayed that have been much better. But one of the male staff was really smiley and kind :)

the hostel is in a great location even when it can be a bit hard to find it (just the first time), close to lot of shops, travel agencies and a beautiful park the staff is very friendly and helpful, the rooms are quiet and nice but a bit small for 4 people with backpacks

Considering the other places I stayed in Vietnam for significantly more money, this place was awesome. Good size bunk beds - larger than your average twin but smaller than a double. Clean rooms and clean bathrooms - some of the best I'd seen at this price point in Vietnam. Big lockers - but bring your own lock. They also serve breakfast which is nice. Finally, they went above and beyond when they let me store my bag in their back room for 5 days without charge. I would return!

Overall a good hostel! It was a short stop over and in walking distance to most things! Can book tours etc at reception and the rooms are pretty clean and tidy! It doesn't do anything to stand out, but it does a good job!

no atmosphere in the hostel, but a great location

We saw the tripadvisor rating of 4/5 so booked but were very disappointed. No atmosphere at all, the 'free breakfast' is tiny and terrible. The 4 bed dorm had aircon, but hard uncomfy beds. Worst of all the manager or man working most of the time, makes absolutely no effort to be helpful. So many other places along the laneway, wish we chose elsewhere.