Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

2075 Total Reviews

Unfortunately the Sanlitun has decresed its amazing value in the last two years as the staff isnt as friendly as before, the food and the drinks are not as good as before and the showers are not nice to use.. But all in all its still a nice place ina nice lovation and I'm looking forward to mynext stay. I really hope they will consider my personal review I submitted to restore their hostel to old glory!

Nihao, Thank you for your suggest, we will do the best we can to improve, wish to see you again. Best regards

The staff is friendly, helpful, and always available. The rooms are fine, just make sure you don't end up next to a bathroom, as the hot air dryers in there will be going off all the time. I was mixed on the location, it is close to some nightclubs and things like that, but it took me a while to figure out the neighborhood. It's not really a backpacker area, per se. The crowd in the hostel seemed more like semi-hipsters from Chicago than backpacker-ish. Oh, also know that they don't take credit!

Recommended to me by friends this hostel will not disappoint. Staff amazingly helpful sorted train tickets currency exchange and taxis for me, nothing too much trouble. Cosy bar encourages friendly atmosphere making it easy to make new friends if travelling alone.

• 10th Feb 2014

This was my second time staying here. It's a great hostel in a great location.

Nihao, thank you very much, wish to see you next time. Regards

had a good stay at Sanlitun Hostel. when we arrived there were people still in the room but the staff dealt with it quickly and were very apologetic. the Cafe downstairs does good food and the discount vouchers on beer and coffee are a bonus. the staff were very helpful and friendly and there were a good mix of people to talk to. we were in a group but i imagine it would be a great place to meet people if travelling alone.

Thank you for your good comments, wish to see you agian. Regards

This hostel is in a great location but the rooms do not have wifi which was a breaker for me. The cafe shop/ restaurant is a good place to hang out but the drinks are overpriced.

Staff is very friendly and helpful. Many people in common area -> good place to get to know other people, travelling alone is no problem!

Nihao, thank you, wish to see you next time. Regards

Nice hostel, near night club but a bit far from metro.

The hostel is a great value for money, it is clean, very well located ... I will definitely stay again.

We are warmly waiting for your next coming and thanks for your highly recommendation.

this is a really perfect hostel for these whose budget is extremely tight. However, its location is extraordinarily wonderful, surrounded by a huge number of clubs and bars,,,OMG,,my heaven!!!!!!!! lol I'm not really a hostel fan, especially running into a room a snoozing guy living in. I chose to quit it the other day. anyway, people are really friendly and nice there!!!!!!

• 25th Jan 2014
  • Christopher3429
  • China

Thank you for your review.Have a nice day!

The location is near to the underground station, but if you use only the directions given during the book, its hard to find it. I used wifi to find the place. The atmosphere is really nice, you can meet people, the problem is that they charge for everything, even a map, they dont speak that much English, so the information you get are very poor ! You have to explore the city by yourlsef. I asked where is a shop to buy stuff, they trying to force me to buy in the hostel, this is not very nice.

Nihao, thank you for choosing our hostel at Beijing, sorry to heard that you are not satisfied your stay at our hostel, we will try our best to improve our service, thanks. Regards Sanlitun hostel

staff very friendly and helpful

• 21st Jan 2014

Not as close to the subway as the staff made it seem. Nice hostel. Good vibe, but they charge for playing pool. I would stay again.

• 21st Jan 2014

The staff was the best part of this hostel, especially Cynthia. I found many of their tours, food, and drinks to be overpriced. They should not charge money for the pool table considering how tilted it is. The atmosphere was pretty good to meet people and it was usually lively in the bar area.

Just one thing bother me: twice I ordered food, twice the plate was hot but the food. Cold burgers and lasagna aren't my favourite dishes. Whatever I used to get there and it wasn't like that before. May be my unlucky stay.

Thank you for your feedback.We will try our best to improve our service. Wish you have a nice stay in Beijing.

This hostel was amazing! The staff were so, so friendly, and the accommodations were excellent for a very affordable price! Also, the location could not have been more perfect--there are tons of bars, clubs, a mall, as well as a subway station all within about a 10 minute walk from the hostel. I could not recommend this place more highly!!!

• 18th Jan 2014

Thanks for your staying and high comment, we are wishing to see you again.

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in! It's clean and spacious and there's a big chill out bar and separate room to play pool! Showers are amazing! The staff are extremely friendly and helpful (especially Candi), they all speak perfectly good English so they can help you with almost anything! Location is excellent, subway is a 10 min wall away, 2 supermarkets, plenty of restaurants and on the doorstep of the Sanlitun Bar Area which is perfect for nights out and food! Perfect stay!

• 16th Jan 2014

Excellent as always

Great hostel and amazing location! Staff is super friendly too!

Overall it is really nice to stay in and is just about the right distance away from the buzzing Sanlitun area so that you can get there easily but it doesn't bother you. Unfortunately the food in the hostel is really overpriced as are some of the services that they offer. The airport shuttle is an absolute scam seeing as you are provided with just a normal taxi for 140RMB which isn't big enough for even 4 cases and 2 people and is much more expensive than just a taxi from the street would be.

• 11th Jan 2014