Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

location easy to reach from the airport-express train to dongzhimen(25rmb) then 5min taxi ride(13-15rmb).very helpful and friendly staff.food at the bar is very good-especially the breakfast! rooms are clean but the bathroom is a bit old.only problem:no hairdryer in the room (even tho website sais there is...),no soap/shampoo provided.overall a great value for what you pay,i always stay here when i have to spend a night or two in beijing.

+friendly staff, big dorm room, very cheap, great location -too few sanitary facilities, common area to small & with uncomfortable furniture

• 12th Jan 2015

The hotel was underdevelopment. So it was hard for staff. The stay started with a nightmare which was most likely bad luck. The room had no window was too hot and the air con leaked. The staff were amazing, upgraded our room to en suit and gave us a free night. The food at the bar was good and it felt safe with friendly guests... I would go back.

The staff were pretty great, and the restaurant had real hot chocolate that tasted amazing! However in the dorm there were many girls simply living there and the room was so stuff and full of their things and food was all over the room. It was disgusting. They were very rude, and since they lived there they acted like they owned the place. Maybe one dorm room for long term guests and one for travellers? Also the ceiling fell in so things were a little hectic getting that fixed. Bad wifi.

Had a great time here and met some wonderful people through the Great Wall excursion! Highly recommended and a great beer selection in the bar :)

They refused me stay despite my reservation! Since this was not my first stay I found out from a friend they did not like ppl staying regularly. They care 4 nothing but ppl who spend many times their bunk bed price at their bar and restaurant!

Stay here each time I'm in town, always a great time!

Hard to find. Opposit the Holiday Inn but further down the road. It's set back in a courtyard you cant see from the road. There is a security man & gate for cars, go in & turn right. Sanilun is the cooler, more vibrant space on your right. Good internet. Great showers. I was in a room of 8 with people who had stayed there for weeks. Room was messy, was glad just there 1 night but they were really welcoming, kind & generous. Hot chocolate was fantastic!

The staff was more than unfriendly and couldn"t help out or answer any questions! (doesn"t apply for the cleaning ladies and the restaurant staff)! They charged different prices at the desk than they had online, they couldn"t help when you asked for directions, failed to help you in general... I was extremely disappointed! The location is great though.

The first day, we had only cold water in the shower. The bathroom was tiny and not very clean: there were some leaks at the bottom of the toilet seat. The food was ok, but expensive and we always waited a very long time (once, more than one hour!) to get our meal. The staff was not so friendly. The room was overheated and we had to keep the window open not to suffocate, because there was no way to adjust the heating.

• 31st Dec 2014

I did not like the days they were changing the tiles of the floor it was so cold, dirty and dusty. You must have told us about it before to book.

Great hostel. Staff are very helpful and friendly and the pizzas available are delicious as hell, will defs stay here again

A little bit far from the metro station but still in an reachable distance. The staff was very friendly but a little slow. That atmosphere was amazing, they have a really nice bar/restaurant and the rooms are small but cozy. I stayed over new years eve asnd they provided traditional chinese hot pot! For Chinese standarts it is very clean. They also provide a lot of posibilities to do tours and co. Always someone there for you! Totally worth the money!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

We loved our stay this is a great hostel. We will be back

The hostel was amazing! What made it really special was one member of staff who would do anything for you. Her name was Carine and she made my stay complete :)

Very nice hostel, with great food in the bar, very friendly staff and great location! Can't wait to visit again

I stayed in sanlitun for 3 nights and it was quite good hostel , i would recommend it to whoever is looking for good budget hostel and making new friends , i really liked the place and the decorations and the room had very good space as well

The hostel was definitely a good deal -- the staff was super friendly and it's in an unbeatable location. However, the wifi was broken half the time and when it was working, it was only on the first floor. I always felt my stuff was safe, but I did have to buy a small lock for my locker from the front desk. It was only ten yuan. The cafe had a nice atmosphere and good food, and the showers were always hot. I would go back.

• 12th Dec 2014

Perfect for a stay to visit Beijing, offered tours are good, location is brilliant and the staff is always helpful - would come again!

- In general the staff was nice and competent, however some employees showed a huge potential to be more professional when they have a not-so-good day. - Temperature in the room was too hot.