Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Lovely stay at the youth hostel. Recommended to all other people who don't want to pay a lot of money for good quality.

• 29th Apr 2015

Great hostel overall at a very reasonable price. Great staff and good lounge. Just a little tricky to find if your taxi driver doesn't know where it is. However when I called up front desk they were more than accommodating and helped me find my way.

The cleanest hostel I have stayed in in china during my 3 weeks trip up to date. Its on the expensive side but it's beijing and at least the facilities are well maintained. The location is good to go out on bars in the sanlitun area.

If I would have the opportunity to upload some pictures you would know how dirty is this hostel. I am very disappointed!

the bathrooms have improved , no more maintenance works

Very nice and helpful staff

reception staff were poor and not very friendly. bar staff though are lovely. you to buy towels instead of rent which is annoying and we saw them doing laundry in the showers.

There is no directions stating how to get to hostel! Only a subway stop but doesnt say how to get from there to hostel! It is advertised with A/C, but the A/C does not work in rooms! Its extremely hot! The staff level of english is very poor, they are unable to answer questions or give correct directions, i was given wrong directions 3 times! Wifi only works downstairs and it is very slow, the computers cost 4 rmb per hour to use. There isn't a security door restricting non guests from entering.

Great friendly and patient staff. Good facilities. Excellent location. You can't beat the price given the proximity to so many attractions. Hotel across the road was ten times more per night, so why pay more?

Hostel was clean and staff was helpful and spoke good English. Beds were alright, I've definitely had way worse in China. Wifi worked pretty well. They have a bar with happy hour .They also have neice food. All in all it was a pleasant stay.

• 18th Apr 2015

It was great. I'll come back again soon. The atmosphere is the best.

Nice staff and hostel. Bathrooms were clean. Felt secure.

• 17th Apr 2015

needed to clean under the bed but overall a great experience. The bar downstairs is always lively and great for meeting other travellers!

Staff is helpful, the bar atmosphere is awesome. The bathroom is new now and very clean, Mutianyu Great Wall is very beautiful! I love this place and recommend to you!!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • China

There was a group of 5 of us that stayed in a 6 bed room. The room was basic, but very clean and safe. Staff were helpful and provided us with lots of useful information! Food and drinks were well priced and the sit down area downstairs was lovely too! We really enjoyed our stay here and I would recommend this hostel. Also the communal bathrooms were the cleanest I have ever seen in a hostel :)

Everything was pretty good in the hostel, great balcony with a view, very nice and helpful staff! The food is delicious and the bar is also nice.I like here.

• 10th Apr 2015

I did not enjoy my stay here. The hostel's location is not ideal. It is a bit of a walk to the metro. There is not much in the immediate area. It's always a long ride to the central sites in Beijing. The hostel advertised dumpling night - however when I asked about it the staff said that it wasn't happening. There is a serious problem with the plumbing system in this hostel. The entire hostel smelled like a bad bathroom. The bathrooms were bad. There were no western toilets - only squat.

the toilets were under renovation, hope the situation will improve. An excellent location for exploring Beijing, food stores and western brand restaurants and cafes mix with Chinese atmosphere.

Good staff here and I like Dora. She is so lovely. I will come back again!!

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Nice place with friendly helpful staff. Good atmosphere too however, there was some (very loud) renovation work being done during my stay