Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

We loved our stay this is a great hostel. We will be back

• 22nd Dec 2014

The hostel was amazing! What made it really special was one member of staff who would do anything for you. Her name was Carine and she made my stay complete :)

Very nice hostel, with great food in the bar, very friendly staff and great location! Can't wait to visit again

I stayed in sanlitun for 3 nights and it was quite good hostel , i would recommend it to whoever is looking for good budget hostel and making new friends , i really liked the place and the decorations and the room had very good space as well

The hostel was definitely a good deal -- the staff was super friendly and it's in an unbeatable location. However, the wifi was broken half the time and when it was working, it was only on the first floor. I always felt my stuff was safe, but I did have to buy a small lock for my locker from the front desk. It was only ten yuan. The cafe had a nice atmosphere and good food, and the showers were always hot. I would go back.

• 12th Dec 2014

Perfect for a stay to visit Beijing, offered tours are good, location is brilliant and the staff is always helpful - would come again!

- In general the staff was nice and competent, however some employees showed a huge potential to be more professional when they have a not-so-good day. - Temperature in the room was too hot.

Location and staff are the winners here. Even cafe staff were really friendly and happy to help out. 8 mixed dorm was spacious and there is a nice balance of local and overseas travellers. Only real concern, the cafe doubled as common room. Heavy club music didn't really suit the actual subdued vibe of people reading and playing cards on a Monday night. Although there is a small pool table room too. Heads up! Get all of your meals on the first street right from hostel!

• 24th Nov 2014

Value for money is OK. Clean and komfortable beds in a great location, especially if you want to have a night out in Beijing. A lot of clubs in walking distance. Lacks the typical backpackers atmosphere though. Would stay there again.

I went here expecting a great atmosphere and a great location. While the staff was incredibly friendly, and you can walk to the bars within 15 minutes, there isn't much of a social scene at the bar, and you're kind of located in an ugly back alley.

The halls tended to be very noisy at all hours so sleep wasn't that great. Intermittent warm showers. Front desk staff was ok, Had a decent bar with spotty wifi. Overall it was above average.

I like the food in the hostel.

I have stayed at this hostel a few times now. The rooms are clean and decently priced and the staff is friendly. However, for the second time in a row, there was no hot water to shower and we were given no discount/incentive to return. The staff said this has been a problem for a while. So until the problem is resolved I'll find somewhere else to stay

• 31st Oct 2014

This hostel is located in the heart of the Sanlitun Area, where many bars and clubs are. The hostel itself is quite big but very well organized. They have a nice restaurant/bar which is great to meet other travelers. The restaurant itself is okey, but a bit expensive. The staff is really wonderful. We really enjoyed our stay here.

The place is nice and cheap(to be in Beijing). Among the staff there was one who was really polite and helped me a lot..but I wouldn't say the same for all the other members. The subway is not very close but there are many buses one can take to reach it. Anyway the position is really convinent! The only problem is that there are only mixed rooms in dorm.

I've actually stayed at is hostel about 4/5 times in the last few months as its location is perfect for enjoying the Sanlitun area. The hostel itself is fine but a tad unorganised. The staff, barring one particularly rude and extremely unhelpful women who I believe generally works nights, are actually quite good. Food is okay but there's much better food in the area. Overall I'd recommend it for sure.

Great hostel! located near all the things to see and do in Sanlitun (walking distance from all the night clubs, bars, restaurants and malls). The hostel has a very nice bar and restaurant, which is full every evening with many young people. The room (private for two) was good and clean and the beds were comfortable. However, the shower and toilet in the room could be cleaner (I saw few small bugs). There's no sort of separation between the shower and the toilet, so one shower and it's flooded.

Good location with very helpful staff..Rooms were nice and clean.overall nice stay.

Thanks for staying at our hostel, we will offer better service to your next arriving.

Decent hostel and very close to the party district!

I loved this hostel and felt very at home here. Karine and Alice were such friendly and lovely ladies and they made me feel so welcome and comfortable. Thank you ladies. See you next time I visit China :)

Thanks for staying with us,we are hoping for your next coming.Best regards.