Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

This was an excellently located hostel, walking distance from my favorite places in Beijing, The Bookworm, Sanlitun shopping village, and Sanlitun bar street. However, one did not need to go to the Bar Street, the nightlife and atmosphere at the Sanlitun Youth Hostel was wonderful, you can get draft beer, and stay up until 2am partying. An excellent place to stay and will always be my choice in Beijing.

Thank you so much.Wish you have a good time in Beijing and we are looking forward to seeing you next time.

As per other comments, there were many other travelers to socialize with at the bar/restaurant at the hostel, making it a great place to meet people. The hostel itself was clean and in a great location. The staff were very helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Really enjoyed the stay at sanlitun. Spacious dorm rooms and beds. Big lockers in all, bring your own padlocks! Wifi throughout. Downstairs social area was awesome. Really good chill spot, great coffees, mixed reviews on the western style menu but hey, you're in china. Bar open till 2am also so great spot indoors and out for drinks and socialising. About 10min walk from subway station but cabs are cheap enough too. There's a good Peking duck restaurant round the corner too. I'd stay again

• 20th May 2014

Hi, Thanks for your high evaluation,we will try our best to improve , we also hope that you can stay here next time , and you can bring your family or your frieds to enjoy , thank you . Regards

Needs wifi everywhere in the hostel. The toilet smells of urine and cigarettes 24/7. The staff bothers to mop the floor at the pool table 3 times a day but seldom cleans the toilet. Staff is definitely not friendly, and talks to you like you owe them a living. Weird that I'm always the one saying thank you, when I'm the guest.

Nice room and a lot of nice foreign friends!

• 19th May 2014
  • China

This is the second time I've stayed here, the private rooms are very good value, which is why I booked for my most recent Beijing trip. However, I was unable to access a private room, as the hostel very unhelpfully gave away our room. The most disappointing element was that the staff were just not helpful in trying to find a solution, and we ended up in a dorm (albeit to ourselves) right next to the kitchen. A bad night sleep ensured, and I sadly won't be staying here again as a result.

Good enviroment, location in the Sanlitun area. I get a room in the last floor and find it silent for a good sleep!!! Subway station line 2 not so close ~15min but ok with backpack! I recommend and sure come back!!!

The staff competence level is very poor. Many of the staff have poor communication ability. On 1 occasion we had booked a double room as we wanted to sleep that night but when we arrived they had given away out room, They gave us a 6 bedroom dorm instead, which was initially empty but 4 other tourists checked into the room at 2.30 am waking us. They tried to stay as quiet as possible but still needed the lights on to settle, thus making our stay very unpleasant.

• 16th May 2014

Fantastic staff but toilets were... Well... Toilets as they are in most other places in China. In other words, not too clean. But if you can go over this small detail, you will surely enjoy your stay!

• 13th May 2014

Thank you for good advice .We will try our best to improve the cleaniness.Looking forward to seeing you next time.And have a good time In China.

Good hostel

I stayed at Sanlutin for 3 nights with my friends from Vancouver and the staff were extremely kind and helpful. The atmosphere was great and it was such a perfect place to meet people. We had so much fun and would stay here again.

I love Sanlitun Youth Hostel. This is my second time staying here, and my experience was not as good this time. It was not the hostels fault, but the other guests. They partied all night and then were making loud noises in the hallway at 5am when they were returning home. Also, they didn't have the air working for us, which was kind of a bummer. Other than the other guests rudeness and the air out of commission, it was awesome and I plan on staying there again if I have a chance.

I always stay here when i am in Beijing and i am very happy to recommend them.They are reliable and the rooms are very clean and the staff are very helpful.It is also well located.Each bed haas its own locker so security is not a problem.

Hi, Had a great stay.. Staff were very friendly and flexible. Good food and comfortable place to stay. Easy to meet people there also.

We loved our stay at the Sanlitun Youth Hostel! It is in an excellent location in the city and is very easy to get to the metro to see all the great sights of Beijing. The staff is wonderful and so helpful. The atmosphere is so fun and it is all very comfortable to chill there.

We had a very nice and comfortable stay in Sanlitun Youth Hostel Beijing. We stayed almost 10 days in a double room and had a great time as a couple getting to know other travelers. This good locatiated, well-equipped and clean hostel helped us to feel at home. The very friendly staff helped us with all our requests regarding orientation, everyday-life-issues tourists normally have... Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the great time in Beijing!

Perfect hostel to meet people. The staff is really helpfull. Just the mattress super thin.

Overall I really liked my stay at the hostel, cheap easy lots of travellers to talk to. I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm and it was great just make sure you take a towel if in the dorm rooms as they do not supply them.

• 28th Apr 2014

Great bar and restaurant. Love the pool table. Some activities would be a good idea. The hostel didn't feel very social - difficult to achieve I know!

Great Hostel, clean and very helpful staff. The bar is also very good !

Thank you.Have a ggod time in China.And looking forward to seeing you next time.