Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

The staff was very nice and the hostel lounge facilities were cool and inviting. Very good breakfasts available! The problem was with the en suite room. The beds were rock hard and the air conditioning was very weak. The toilet seat was loose and the shower had no enclosure from the rest of the bathroom so everything got all wet when you tried to take a shower. I ended up using the shared hallway showers instead which at least kept our bathroom from getting soaked.

Not a bad place but not great for the price. Staff booked me into a full dormitory despite reservation and had to reshuffle. Dorms were okay. Good location. Niceish bar with cheap drinks, probably would have enjoyed it much more if I was, say, an 18 year old Brit belting out Oasis numbers, like many of the other guests. If you think the Full Moon Party at Koh Pha Ngan is the apex of a really good time you will probably love this place.

I enjoyed my stay in the sanlitun hostel. The atmosphere is good, the staff friendly with good English. and the location (especially if you want to party) is very good. I found the walk from the subway a little confusing. Especially as google maps doesn't work. Improvements that could be made would be internet in the room, a bathmat as the shower room is a wet room so wet footprints made our floor very slippery.

Where to start, the wifi is there but it's the slowest I've seen. Staff is helpful but don't have matters. They checked in a group of 4 people in my 6 dorm at 1:30 in the morning instead of giving them the 4 dorm. Music at the bar will blow your mind how ridiculous it is, you will have blasting dub step in the morning followed with shitty country. Eve been living 5 years in dorm and hostel around the world and even in the most party hostel I was sleeping more, problem is there is no party going!

This hostel is located in a great area in Beijing. The common spaces are very vibrant and the food is amongst the best inexpensive western food I've come across in Beijing. The rooms were not the cleanest and the water from the bathroom leaked into the bedroom space and the waiters were much nicer than the receptionists. Our family was skeptical of staying here at first, but the common spaces really helped compensate for the 'homey' feeling that the rooms lacked.

First the cons: - having building works going on while I was there (noisy and smelly) - having to lug my things up a few flights of stairs, and the staff not telling me where to go... -Not knowing I could only pay cash and had to put a deposit down also (also only cash) pros -They were happy to make afformentioned deposit less because I did not have lots of cash with me -Booking a tour to the Great Wall was easy and hassle free

SanLiTun was a great hostel. Clean friendly and close to the station dashisitian station. The staff here is really what made it great. Very welcoming and friendly. Corin is one of the managers of the restaurant and she helped me so much. There was some trouble with my bank which she did her best to fix for me. Beijing is a lot of fun and this Hostel made it even better.

• 18th Jul 2015

Second stay at this hostel. Still really good hostel with a nice and helpful staff. Great common room if you wanna mingle and be social.

Bar and kitchen were great and nice place to relax. Bathrooms were kept very clean.

Good vibes and very good location.

The room was a fair size with two double beds. The sheets were clean and the air conditioning worked. The location is excellent, staff were efficient and helpful. They played the music too loud in the hang out room and restaurant to be able to sit and read. But otherwise no complaints. I will stay there again.

• 15th Jul 2015

It has a really nice reception area although with not enough light at night. The bathrooms could be better. The food is good and people at the tourist information is very helpful.

It's a nice and clean hostel BUT – and this is important – the wifi SUCKS. There is only a connection in the lobby downstairs, not in the rooms, and the connection itself is pretty terrible. Everything else about the place is great but I'm not sure I'd go back, just because of the wifi.

Great place to stay in a great location of Beijing if you are visiting friends in the expat district. A bit hard to find down an alley but well worth the search. Clean bathrooms and rooms and great downstairs bar with friendly staff!

Hostel was hard to find. Directions not very clear on hostel world booking email. Stayed in twin private , was basic with no lamp only industrial florescent light in room. Showers where average. No seperate bathroom for men/women. No lift for people with heavy bags. Girl at reception was very helpful and nice. Food was Ok in bar .I had porridge for breakfast buy it was like a bowl of warm milk with no oats. They did change it for me and it was good. Atmosphere was not great in common area .

This hostel made our stay even better! We had a lot of questions, and the staff was always helpful and kind when answering. I would like to do the hostel trips in the future. The location is worth the stay by itself. Our room was like a hotel. I would recommend to pretty much anyone.

Just needed a place to crash for one night while waiting for a train back to my city, and this was perfect. It's on the same subway line as Beijing Railway Station, and it's located in an area that has a lot of Western conveniences (like a French bakery just out the back gate). The staff are awesome - they're flexible, great English speakers, and good at solving problems. The area is lively and has a lot of nightlife. Food from the hostel's bar/restaurant is normal-expensive but good.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Location is good. Not the best for meeting lots of people, but still good.

• 4th Jul 2015

Had a great time with one exception. The room cleaner decided that it would be a good idea to clean the room well before check out time when most people were still asleep, keeping her radio on full volume. Thanks, cleaner lady.