Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Lovely atmosphere :)

Very good ambiance and the staff is very nice and helpful. It's an amazing hostel, the place is so comfortable and has everything you need, i would love to stay there again.

• 12th Aug 2014
  • China

During our 30 day trip in China we have stayed in a lot of hostels, this was the most disappointing one. They are asking money for everything: computer, pool table, table football and so on. If you book a hostel in a higher price range, you expect some services in return. Now we just got the feeling that they’re squeezing every Yuan out our pocket.

• 11th Aug 2014

I was perfectly satisfied with my stay at Sanlitun. I would recommend it to others. The only slight frustration was that sometimes the Internet connection was a little shaky, but I know this is likely the case most places. Thank you for everything!

Though I was only there for one night I had no problems. Relaxed atmosphere & well organized Hostel. Will stay here again.

Unfortunately the location was the only advantage of this hostel. When I arrived with my husband we were given a twin room and during the whole week we stayed the staff said they were unable to move us to a double room. My husband found the staff to be quite unfriendly. Also the room was not cleaned, the beds were not made or sheets cleaned during the week and the bin was only emptied once. I realise it's a hostel not a hotel, but for the high price of the room I expected a much better service.

Really nice hostel and the price was very reasonable. They serve food and drinks throughout the day which are of a high standard. Each room has a locker available for each resident to safely store their valuables.

• 9th Aug 2014

This was the best hostel I've ever stayed at. The staff was amazing at helping with every need or question I had. They went above and beyond and it was greatly appreciated. The only problem I had was the wi fi did not work half the time but I was able to hook my computer up to a cable and get online that way. Also a member of the staff let me borrow her phone for internet access which was extremely nice of her.

• 8th Aug 2014

I would really reccommend this hostel. It has a bar\restaurant with an inside and outside area so lots of opportunity to meet fellow travellers and get ready for a big night out at the clubs which are just a 5 minute walk away. The room was a decent size with a good aircon and and the bed was comfortable. The staff were really helpful, friendly and accomodating.

Nice hostel,helpful staff and good food,i will stay there again

Very good hostel, very good staff and facilities. I recommend it. The only problem I met is the dirtiness on the edges of the beds. There are not real mattresses on the beds and the dirtiness infiltrates on the edges. Moreover I saw the boss tell of on one of her employee in front of all guests. I found that totally disrespectful.

Good location as close to subway, however room (double private) bathroom was bad, smelt like drain and had insects. Hostel looks pretty in appearance but this hides problems with WiFi, cleanliness and hygiene.

We are traveling with our three children and the Sanlitun Youth Hostel was a great place. The staff was super friendly to them, played with them, and included them in activities and conversations. We will most likely stay here again if we return to Beijing.

• 1st Aug 2014

I lived in a 8-person dorm, and it didn't feel crowded at all. Decent amount of privacy. The beds, toilets & showers were clean. The common areas were constantly dark, which was a bit annoying at night when I was trying to use my laptop downstairs, but I guess the darkness was part of the hostel's targeted 'youthful' ambience. Staff treated foreigners well, but not as pleasant to Chinese-looking guests. Wifi sufficient, subway at the VERY least a 10-min walk. Overall though, it worth the $$.

• 28th Jul 2014

Good stuff, friendly staff with good levels of english. Can surely recommend the twin rooms we stayed in!

• Norway

Really liked the hostel location and smooth service as well. Recommendable place to stay if you are in Beijing for travelling.

• Mongolia

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The staff were fantastic in helping us with everything! Thank you for making our stay in Beijing so great.

• 26th Jul 2014

Had some issues with our reservation. Also, had some issues booking trips through the hostel. The staff weren't very helpful in solving any of our issues. The private rooms are about the same or below the quality I have gotten at Chinese-brand hotels in this same price range in Beijing. Stayed here a few years ago and the experience was better then than it was this time.

Great hostel, not as big of a party atmosphere as I thought but I may have been unlucky with timing. No wifi except on the main floor needs to be fixed though, pretty inconvenient.

• 25th Jul 2014

Always be careful when staying in hostels; my roommate tried to steal my laptop and i caught him as he was leaving the room. The staff is quite freandly in the hostel.

Hey lovely three chilian friends , we are so soory for that . Hope you spent a nice time with your friends duting your were in our hostel . See you next time . Have a good time ! Regards Sanlitun Hostel