Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Good enviroment, location in the Sanlitun area. I get a room in the last floor and find it silent for a good sleep!!! Subway station line 2 not so close ~15min but ok with backpack! I recommend and sure come back!!!

The staff competence level is very poor. Many of the staff have poor communication ability. On 1 occasion we had booked a double room as we wanted to sleep that night but when we arrived they had given away out room, They gave us a 6 bedroom dorm instead, which was initially empty but 4 other tourists checked into the room at 2.30 am waking us. They tried to stay as quiet as possible but still needed the lights on to settle, thus making our stay very unpleasant.

• 16th May 2014

Fantastic staff but toilets were... Well... Toilets as they are in most other places in China. In other words, not too clean. But if you can go over this small detail, you will surely enjoy your stay!

• 13th May 2014

Thank you for good advice .We will try our best to improve the cleaniness.Looking forward to seeing you next time.And have a good time In China.

Good hostel

I stayed at Sanlutin for 3 nights with my friends from Vancouver and the staff were extremely kind and helpful. The atmosphere was great and it was such a perfect place to meet people. We had so much fun and would stay here again.

I love Sanlitun Youth Hostel. This is my second time staying here, and my experience was not as good this time. It was not the hostels fault, but the other guests. They partied all night and then were making loud noises in the hallway at 5am when they were returning home. Also, they didn't have the air working for us, which was kind of a bummer. Other than the other guests rudeness and the air out of commission, it was awesome and I plan on staying there again if I have a chance.

I always stay here when i am in Beijing and i am very happy to recommend them.They are reliable and the rooms are very clean and the staff are very helpful.It is also well located.Each bed haas its own locker so security is not a problem.

Hi, Had a great stay.. Staff were very friendly and flexible. Good food and comfortable place to stay. Easy to meet people there also.

We loved our stay at the Sanlitun Youth Hostel! It is in an excellent location in the city and is very easy to get to the metro to see all the great sights of Beijing. The staff is wonderful and so helpful. The atmosphere is so fun and it is all very comfortable to chill there.

We had a very nice and comfortable stay in Sanlitun Youth Hostel Beijing. We stayed almost 10 days in a double room and had a great time as a couple getting to know other travelers. This good locatiated, well-equipped and clean hostel helped us to feel at home. The very friendly staff helped us with all our requests regarding orientation, everyday-life-issues tourists normally have... Thank you so much for the warm welcome and the great time in Beijing!

Perfect hostel to meet people. The staff is really helpfull. Just the mattress super thin.

Overall I really liked my stay at the hostel, cheap easy lots of travellers to talk to. I stayed in a 4 bed mixed dorm and it was great just make sure you take a towel if in the dorm rooms as they do not supply them.

• 28th Apr 2014

Great bar and restaurant. Love the pool table. Some activities would be a good idea. The hostel didn't feel very social - difficult to achieve I know!

Great Hostel, clean and very helpful staff. The bar is also very good !

Thank you.Have a ggod time in China.And looking forward to seeing you next time.

This hostel is (only) good for meeting people (especially westerners) and partying (especially in the Sanlitun area). So if that's your priority, this hostel is really good at that, as it's very easy to meet people and go out (and there's a lively, good bar/restaurant inside the hostel). Aside from that, the hostel is pretty bad -- the wifi is completely unreliable, the staff is not great, the facilities are mediocre, and the location is a bit of a walk (10-15 mins) from the subway stop.

Hi there, Thanks to your evaluation for our hostel , sorry for that we didn't have the good wifi , we will improve our weakness , so when you next time come back to our hostel, you will see our staff made a great progress , see you next time . Best Regards Sanlitun Hostel

The hotel it's ok, have a good location and the services of food is very good. The tour of the Muralla China that they offer it was excelent to us. About negative things we can say that the cleaning was not so good, the bathroom and the beds never were clean.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Uruguay

I had a great stay at this hostel. It's location at a walking distance from Sanlitun is mainly why I choose it and it was great. I had no hard time getting to the subway och meeting up at friends in Sanlitun, shopping at Yashow or whatever I wanted to do in Beijing. The staff was friendly and helpful, and let you speak Chinese first and only switched to English if there was something unclear. I had a great stay here and would definitely come back again next time I go to Beijing!

Thank you .Looking forward to seeing you next time.

A short walk (10 minute) walk from the subway station, on a quiet road close (another 10 minute walk) to Sanlitun. Being one of the cheaper hostels in the city I was impressed with the facilities and the cleanliness of the hostel. Breakfasts were good too. Staff were helpful and rooms were secure.

One of the best hostels i have had the experience of staying it. The atmosphere is great and energetic and the location is perfect.

I was actually really disappointed with the cleanliness of the rooms. The downstairs, cafe are and the hallways were always clean and we saw then being mopped. Our room was dusty, the sheets stained and I found cigarette butts on the floor. Plus the communal bathroom could have been much cleaner. The staff were lovely though and very friendly. If they really thoroughly clean the rooms this will be a fantastic hostel.