Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

always stay here in Beijing

This is a really good hostel - excellent facilities, the staff are friendly and helpful, and it's got a very nice bar area with a vibrant atmosphere. It was a little hard to find, but the experience was very good once there. I'll definitely stay there again.

We booked a private room with shower one week ahead, when we arrived, the receptionist strongly recommend us to move to another hostel, now I'm quite sure it was a trap. At last, we insist checking in, but she moved us into one without shower as she said the pipe had gone through a problem and no hot water supply which later proved to be a lie through other staffs, and the one without shower charged more than booking online.

• 29th May 2015
  • China

Sanlitun is not very interesting for a short-term stay, as it is mostly just shopping and expats. The hostel itself is also difficult to find.

good location just our of the city centre in beijing's bar/club area. the neaest metro is on line 2 which connects to all other lines so that is handy. helpful and friendly staff who speak good English. good atmosphere in the bar/courtyard area to meet other people although not super cheap.

Everything great, great staff and atmosphere. Especially great are the Wednesday hotpot party and Friday dumpling party where guests learn to make dumplings. No in-room wifi though, so each time I need to access internet, I had to go downstairs with my laptop.

The hostel provided directions from the train station that it easy to get to. We were warmly welcomed by staff members who spoke Chinese and English well. The bar downstairs was a nice place to relax after a long day of exploring, and there were always plenty of people to talk to. The staff members were able to help set us up for a trip to the Great Wall. The location is great; very close to the metro for easy access to the city by day and close to the Sanlitun bar area for nightlife. Very nice.

I was recommended Sanlitun Hostel the first time I was in Beijing and couldn't be happier. This was my second stay there and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Beijing. The atmosphere is great, staff speaks great English and are very helpful, and all around a great place. Great location next to fun bars, clubs, and restaurants. 24 hour reception that's always willing to help.

• 20th May 2015

A painless visit as per usual. This is the only hostel in Beijing I would recommend. I forgot my towel and when I phoned them they very graciously sent it to me, great and very friendly people, awesome hostel.

Great hostel and close to all you could need to get around the city.

Hostel was great, really friendly and useful staff. Tours run to the great wall were really good, and good value. The dumpling party they had one evening was great fun, and free which is always good!

There were baby cockroaches all over the room and beds. The staff took too long with transactions and weren't very helpful or particularly welcoming.

Really nice hostel, loved the staff (Dora and Ding ding). Would suggest improving the wifi speed . They have storage, very kind of them to hold the luggage when you arrive early before check in time.The room was big enough and clean. Overall a great experience.!Don't miss their the Great Wall Tour.

I stayed there for one night, I feel very comfortable.Fistly, the price is very low. For us,this is a very cost-effective thing. Secondly, the service of the hotel is very good and staff there are warm . I have been remembering a girl named Dingding,.Because we were not very familiar with China, she recommended to us and introduced fun places patiently.Thanks for her help .Thirdly,the locationof this hoste is very convenient, and facilities are very good too.I have a good time there .

• 14th May 2015

Excellent place!It's easy to find,near to Dong si shi tiao metro station.You can have a relax time at this hostel,they offer cheap drinks and tasty western food in the bar.If you want do some shopping,there are many big shopping mall around.And also this is bar aera,you can go dancing and meet some new friends.I really enjoy to stay here.

• 13th May 2015

• 10th May 2015
  • Sweden

This was a nice experience. Price was affordable comparing to other hostels. Well located. 20 min walking from the metro station and the Bar street, all staff was very helpful.

2nd time here, 6 nights in private double room, simple decent standard as expected for the price, in the heart of Sanlitun district thus near nightlife and shopping. Staff neither inattentive nor super service minded, good level of english. - prominent sewer smell in common area, smoke elswhere.. - only 1 sheet/towel change over 6days in private room, had to ask - no wifi in the room + backpacker friendly + can book trips, eg. to great wall Mutianyu (recommended) + location

员工服务态度不好。其他的都好。

• 7th May 2015

I am visiting Beijing since 6 years and was a couple of times in Sanlitun Youth Hostel. My last visit was 2 years ago. I always had a very good experience. The staff was firndly and the hostel was clean. This time I was extremely disappointed about the staff and the poor cleanliness. It seems that the hostel lost its spirit.