Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

2084 Total Reviews

Just one thing bother me: twice I ordered food, twice the plate was hot but the food. Cold burgers and lasagna aren't my favourite dishes. Whatever I used to get there and it wasn't like that before. May be my unlucky stay.

Thank you for your feedback.We will try our best to improve our service. Wish you have a nice stay in Beijing.

This hostel was amazing! The staff were so, so friendly, and the accommodations were excellent for a very affordable price! Also, the location could not have been more perfect--there are tons of bars, clubs, a mall, as well as a subway station all within about a 10 minute walk from the hostel. I could not recommend this place more highly!!!

• 18th Jan 2014

Thanks for your staying and high comment, we are wishing to see you again.

This is one of the best hostels I have stayed in! It's clean and spacious and there's a big chill out bar and separate room to play pool! Showers are amazing! The staff are extremely friendly and helpful (especially Candi), they all speak perfectly good English so they can help you with almost anything! Location is excellent, subway is a 10 min wall away, 2 supermarkets, plenty of restaurants and on the doorstep of the Sanlitun Bar Area which is perfect for nights out and food! Perfect stay!

• 16th Jan 2014

Excellent as always

Great hostel and amazing location! Staff is super friendly too!

Overall it is really nice to stay in and is just about the right distance away from the buzzing Sanlitun area so that you can get there easily but it doesn't bother you. Unfortunately the food in the hostel is really overpriced as are some of the services that they offer. The airport shuttle is an absolute scam seeing as you are provided with just a normal taxi for 140RMB which isn't big enough for even 4 cases and 2 people and is much more expensive than just a taxi from the street would be.

• 11th Jan 2014

good location, but i didnt see hot drinking water available for free there. they have good food but quite expensive for me.

Thanks for your comment and sorry for not reminding you of the place the hot water put for that is in the pool room which might not be clear enough to find out,looking forward for your next staying here.

LOVE this place and the people! Would definitely recommend staying here!

I really enjoyed my stay in Sanlitun Youth Hostel, met several very nice people and had great fun there. Worth visiting when you go to Beijing.

Thanks for your comment, wish to see you again in our hostel.

I really liked this place, it had a nice vibe to it. I stayed in an 8-bed and a 6-bed dorm here, found the 8-bed room incredibly spacious. Comforters were very warm, which was appreciated. There are lockers in the rooms big enough for backpacks (maybe not huge ones though), and safety boxes near reception. Wish there was a kitchen for use (they have a bar/restaurant), but otherwise no complaints! Stayed here twice, because I liked it enough :)

LOVE this place and love the staff, have stayed here several times and would again when I come back to Beijing.

Thank you for your stay, wish you have a nice time. Regards

Had a good time. Thanks.

• 30th Dec 2013

Thank you for choosing our hostel, wish you have a good time in China. Regards

This is in the upper tier of hostels I've stayed at, with great facilities and very friendly staff very competent with English. There is a great atmosphere in the hostel as they have a good on-site bar where you find friendly people drinking most nights. Very easy to make friends, and of course the hostel is located adjacent to Beijing's best (and only significant, to my knowledge) nightspots in Sanlitun!

Probably, the best place in China!

• Poland

Thank you very much, see you next time. Regards

Excellent location, 5 minutes from the Sanlitun street where there are many shops, restaurants and bars and 3 blocks away from the metro station. The staff are great, they speak english and are very polite. The room was clean. Just the WiFi was really bad, really.

• Mexico

Nihao, Thank you, wish you have a good time in China. Regards

For the location and the cleanliness of this hostel, the price is well worth it. The food in the restaurant is good, there are always people in the common area so you meet tons of travellers, the staff is pretty helpful with questions and requests, they all speak pretty good English too. I can't comment on the dorms or shared bathrooms, but the private room was clean and comfortable. There's a western grocery store right next door. There is no wifi in the rooms, which sucks.

• 27th Dec 2013

Thanks for your stay, wish you have a nice time in China. Regards

We didn't have a great first impression as the room we were put in upon arrival smelled of cigarettes and had stained sheets, but they moved us next door with no issues and the room was fine. The bar downstairs had good food and a nice cozy atmosphere to relax in. Lots of restaurants nearby and about a 15min walk to the metro. Overall the stay was good and we met some nice people in the bar that had stayed several times and had all good things to say about the hostel.

NIhao, Thank you for stay at our hostel, wish you a nice time. Regards

I really liked the staff here. They were very helpful and kind. Also they organize a really great trip to the Great Wall. Also, the restaurant here is really great too with good food. Location is fine and the cost is so cheap. It's definitely not the cleanest and the rooms are quite cramped. The bathroom was also quite gross. Other than that it was fine

Maybe an extra sign in the men's toilet that they should flush. And maybe even with pictures. Some people are not smart enough to know how to do that...

NIhao, We are sorry for that, we will sign for it, also we will clean the bathroom more often, thank you for your stay. wish you have a good time in China. Regards

Nice hostel , however the cleanliness of the room can be improved

NIhao, Thank you for the advise, we will try our best to improve. Regards