Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Staff is helpful, the bar atmosphere is awesome. The bathroom is new now and very clean, Mutianyu Great Wall is very beautiful! I love this place and recommend to you!!

• 14th Apr 2015
  • China

There was a group of 5 of us that stayed in a 6 bed room. The room was basic, but very clean and safe. Staff were helpful and provided us with lots of useful information! Food and drinks were well priced and the sit down area downstairs was lovely too! We really enjoyed our stay here and I would recommend this hostel. Also the communal bathrooms were the cleanest I have ever seen in a hostel :)

Everything was pretty good in the hostel, great balcony with a view, very nice and helpful staff! The food is delicious and the bar is also nice.I like here.

• 10th Apr 2015

I did not enjoy my stay here. The hostel's location is not ideal. It is a bit of a walk to the metro. There is not much in the immediate area. It's always a long ride to the central sites in Beijing. The hostel advertised dumpling night - however when I asked about it the staff said that it wasn't happening. There is a serious problem with the plumbing system in this hostel. The entire hostel smelled like a bad bathroom. The bathrooms were bad. There were no western toilets - only squat.

the toilets were under renovation, hope the situation will improve. An excellent location for exploring Beijing, food stores and western brand restaurants and cafes mix with Chinese atmosphere.

Good staff here and I like Dora. She is so lovely. I will come back again!!

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Sweden

Nice place with friendly helpful staff. Good atmosphere too however, there was some (very loud) renovation work being done during my stay

Pros - The hostel is in a good location close to nightlife. Also, the hostel bar is always active and has a nice vibe with good drinks and friendly bartenders. Cons - There aren't enough bathrooms. There were only 2 functioning male toilets in the whole place while we stayed there (one was a Chinese squatter, the other a Western toilet). One girl I was traveling with said the one "working" female Western toilet was clogged a lot. Also, they started construction in our room and left a mess.

Great spot! I frequent Beijing roughly once a month and this is always a top choice for a decent stay. The atmosphere downstairs is great and the rooms are basic but comfortable. The dorm rooms have comfy mattresses (I prefer them a little firm) as do the single rooms. There are Western toilets on every floor and in the single rooms available should you need that instead of a squatter. Above all the staff keep me coming back. Alice et. al are excellent. Highly recommended

Thank you again for helping us with our very hectic night. You were all extremely professional and caring.

• 2nd Apr 2015

I stayed at the hostel several times and was astonished by the atmosphere there,would come again.

We stayed here for 3 nights. We really liked the atmosphere, hostel is very clean. It's located almost in the centre. The staff is really very nice, they help you if you have any questions. I'd advice this hostel to all travelers who had come to this wonderful city like Beijing !

• 2nd Apr 2015

Excellent location and very good staff.

Staff were very helpful, plenty of western/European food and drink options nearby, close to tons of nightlife and shipping and relatively easy to get to the metro, minus a little walk. Clean and plentiful bathroom facilities and we'll priced tours

It is a good place and staff are willing to serve. I just have a complain that isnt close from a subway station so I've got to carry my baggage, but that's isn't a bad issue is others travel lighter than I.

I had a great time at the Local, I even came back a couple of times. Having the bar downstairs is really comfortable and it's the perfect place to meet lots of people. The Location of the hostel is also very good, it's only a few of stops with the subway to Tian'an men and also very easy to get to Summer palace. Oh, the Great wall tour is so fun though it a little bit far. ALL staff here is friendly and helpful and make my journey easier and impressive, I can only recommend staying there.

A great choice as always for my visit, breakfast was great !

A cheap place to stay in the heart of SunLiTun area but the bathrooms were not very clean and wasn't very easy to find either.

I had booked two bedrooms in a 4 mixed dorm, but when we arrived they said that we would be in two separate rooms. We didn't want to do that, so we ended up having to pay for a more expensive private room, with was not worth the extra money. There were only two showers for the girls bathroom, which were always occupied. The sheets in the bedrooms were not very clean and every time I sat on my bed it bent at the middle (and I'm not that heavy). Also, the food was no good, it came out frozen.

Welcoming, clean hostel with a good social area and helpful staff. We would stay here again!