Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

2081 Total Reviews

This hostel is clean and comfortable with a relaxed atmosphere. The staff are very friendly, helpful and speak good english. The price for rooms is good, but I would advise anyone staying there that extras are costly (35yuan for towel hire). The food is tasty and worth the extra $, in my opinion. I was feeling homesick, so being able to have good western food was nice. The bathrooms were clean by hostel standards and the beds were comfortable and warm. p.s I loved the Christmas decos!

Thank you so much, wish you have a good time in China. Regards Sanlitun hostel

Sanlitun Hostel is in a great area surrounding the Embassy District in Chaoyang Beijing. The staff are friendly and have great English to help with whatever you need. Easy walk to sanlitun restaurant and bar district. The hostel has a nice lounge/ social area with great coffee. Overall, a fantastic place for your short stay in Beijing.

Thanks for staying our hostel,hope to see you next time! Regards

I have to congratulate the staff on such a great reception to this hostel. The place was jumping with happiness from all who stayed there. Totally recommend this place to anyone of any age. Go everyone.

• 1st Dec 2013

Thank you very much.Have a good time in China!

A large hostel which appears to be well run. The bar/communal area is good except for the inflated prices on food and drink. It is however a nice place to relax. Some great cheap Sichuan restaurants on the doorstep and many bars close by. The six person dorms are small and lack storage. You need your own padlock for your security. Staff all tip top!

Thank you, wish you have a good time in China. Regards

Very clean for a chinese guesthouse ! The staff is very friendly and speak a good English. I really recommended one of them Carine who speak also French and she is very kind.

Thanks for choosing our hostel.See you again!

This hostel is well located not far from the centre of Beijing. The restaurant is really good and propose great breakfast for a good price. The dorms were clean, warm and comfortable. The bathroom needed a bit more cleaning but was ok. People working in the hostel were very friendly and helpful. Warm and cosy atmosphere in the common room on the fist floor.

Thank you for your advise,we will try our best to improve !

Manager refused me an electric fan or aircon. On first getting to room, was shocked it didn't have wi-fi, just wired. Struggled for a whole day until I found own solution. Shower cold one time but all other times hot and powerful. Some staff very good - Candy helped me arrange a taxi and even pulled some luggage out to the front driveway. Some noisy people in other rooms, yahooing at half four in the morning - quick call to reception and guy there sorted it out. Once settled in, everything good.

Hi, Thank you for your stay, and sorry for the aircon, cause our AC only working for cold, in winter we use heating in the room. about the wifi, now only at the first floor, maybe in the room, but right now is not yet, sorry. Regards Sanlitun hostel

This is a great hostel. The reception staff are very friendly and professional (this is almost unheard of in China; I live in China), the restaurant is good, the rooms are large and airy, and its a few minutes walk from the Sanlitun bar area and the Gongti clubbing street. I would stay here again, no problem!

Thank you very much, wish you have a nice time in China. Regards

Great location and friendly staff! If you want to stay at Sanlitun area, this hostel is for you! Sadly one of my roommates snored.

Thank you for your good comments, hope to see you next time. Regards

very good atmosphere, lovely stuff, nice and worm bedrooms, good price for good quality.

• 8th Nov 2013
  • Spain

Thank you, wish to see you next time. Regards

It was a nice stay, just an average hostel. The shower area was quite dirty, but it was ok for a few nights. The price we paid was much more than some people. Some other people paid rates of 30/35 RMB a night. While we booked far in advance and paid 60 RMB.

Hi, Thank you for your stay. some times the price different between weekend and holiday. wish you have a good time in China. Regards

An excellent hostel, quite conveniently located near the tourist attractions of the city. A great little bar area with a lovely atmosphere. Great breakfasts! Very happy to return one day.

NIhao, thank you very much, hope to see you next time. Regards

Great Hostel! Yummy food and awesime drinks and coffee! Our 3rd visit looking foward to the next one :)

Thank you very much, hope to see you next time. Regards Sanlitun hostel

This hostel is just the best hostel I have ever been cause the staff is really professional, it is not expensive, the ambiance is very good and the location is one of the best. If you need helps, the staff is available to give you some answers. If you come to Beijing, just choose this hostel and you'll like it.

• 5th Nov 2013

Thank you very much, wish you have a nice time in China. Regards

great staff, and a good location. well worth it. washrooms.could use an upgrade though

Thank you, wish you a nice time in China.

Great Location (just across the street from clubs and Shopping malls), subway Station Around the corner and clean rooms and sanatary facilities. Staff were very helpful and could speak english quite well. All in all a Great place, would definitely come here again!!!

Thank you for your stay, wish to see you again here, have a nice time. Regards

Great staff. Made me feel at home and don't wanted to leave. Thanks All!

Thank you very much, hope to see you again here. Regards

the hostel is well located close to the sanlitun party area. the rooms and bathrooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and helpfull. the prieces for the dorm are very cheap but everything else in the hostel is a little bit expensive. no wifi in the rooms but this forces the people to hang out in the community area, which is very nice an comfortable. it very good to meet people!

• 1st Nov 2013
  • Austria

Nihao, Thank you very much, wish you have a nice time in China. Regards Sanlitun hostel

A bit far from station and real SANLITUN area. But for the money I paid, I have no complaints at all. Would like to recommend to my friends.

Thank you, hope to see u next time. Regards

My taxi to the airport cost far too much, it only took 20 mins when I was told it would take 45 minutes. 150 RMB is way too much!Apart from that I really enjoyed my stay with the hostel.

Hi, Thanks, we arrange the airport transport just to make sure there will be a taxi for sure whatever if is midnight or rainning, thank you for choose our hostel to stay, really hope to see you next time. Regards Sanlitun hostel