Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

A friend and I stayed here as a base for exploring the Great Wall and sights of Beijing - it was my first hostel experience and I have to say I have no complaints whatsoever . Thank you for all the help.

• 7th May 2015

Or was a nice place to stay. The walk from the subway was a few blocks bit not terrible. The pipes in the street were getting charged at the time so we had had a cold shower but we survived.

• 4th May 2015

The hostel is amazing!I love the staff here, fantastic atmosphere. Recommend to you!!

• 4th May 2015

Really enjoyed our stay here. Wished it could have been longer.

• 4th May 2015

24 hour service is very good.

Sanlitun hostel is one of those safe havens in Beijing, easy to get to and offers an easy escape from the thrum of the city. The staff are always very helpful and thoroughly polite. Smoking is only permitted outside, though in the baroque chic of their outside seating and eating area. They're ideally located for easy transit around the city and many local amenities . I always recommend Sanlitun hostel on www.hostelworld.com to anyone visiting Beijing.

Thank you for staying with us and recommend to your friends, we will do better to serve you and hope to see you again at our hostel.

Great bar and good deals. I especially enjoyed the patio. The bathrooms seemed slightly grimey, but it's a hostel. The staff was very friendly and worked with me on a deposit.

Great place

• 1st May 2015

Although it's a bit expensive I always stay at this hostel when I come to Beijing.

Lovely stay at the youth hostel. Recommended to all other people who don't want to pay a lot of money for good quality.

• 29th Apr 2015

Great hostel overall at a very reasonable price. Great staff and good lounge. Just a little tricky to find if your taxi driver doesn't know where it is. However when I called up front desk they were more than accommodating and helped me find my way.

The cleanest hostel I have stayed in in china during my 3 weeks trip up to date. Its on the expensive side but it's beijing and at least the facilities are well maintained. The location is good to go out on bars in the sanlitun area.

If I would have the opportunity to upload some pictures you would know how dirty is this hostel. I am very disappointed!

the bathrooms have improved , no more maintenance works

Very nice and helpful staff

reception staff were poor and not very friendly. bar staff though are lovely. you to buy towels instead of rent which is annoying and we saw them doing laundry in the showers.

There is no directions stating how to get to hostel! Only a subway stop but doesnt say how to get from there to hostel! It is advertised with A/C, but the A/C does not work in rooms! Its extremely hot! The staff level of english is very poor, they are unable to answer questions or give correct directions, i was given wrong directions 3 times! Wifi only works downstairs and it is very slow, the computers cost 4 rmb per hour to use. There isn't a security door restricting non guests from entering.

Great friendly and patient staff. Good facilities. Excellent location. You can't beat the price given the proximity to so many attractions. Hotel across the road was ten times more per night, so why pay more?

Hostel was clean and staff was helpful and spoke good English. Beds were alright, I've definitely had way worse in China. Wifi worked pretty well. They have a bar with happy hour .They also have neice food. All in all it was a pleasant stay.

• 18th Apr 2015

It was great. I'll come back again soon. The atmosphere is the best.