Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

The first day, we had only cold water in the shower. The bathroom was tiny and not very clean: there were some leaks at the bottom of the toilet seat. The food was ok, but expensive and we always waited a very long time (once, more than one hour!) to get our meal. The staff was not so friendly. The room was overheated and we had to keep the window open not to suffocate, because there was no way to adjust the heating.

• 31st Dec 2014

I did not like the days they were changing the tiles of the floor it was so cold, dirty and dusty. You must have told us about it before to book.

Great hostel. Staff are very helpful and friendly and the pizzas available are delicious as hell, will defs stay here again

A little bit far from the metro station but still in an reachable distance. The staff was very friendly but a little slow. That atmosphere was amazing, they have a really nice bar/restaurant and the rooms are small but cozy. I stayed over new years eve asnd they provided traditional chinese hot pot! For Chinese standarts it is very clean. They also provide a lot of posibilities to do tours and co. Always someone there for you! Totally worth the money!

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Switzerland

We loved our stay this is a great hostel. We will be back

The hostel was amazing! What made it really special was one member of staff who would do anything for you. Her name was Carine and she made my stay complete :)

Very nice hostel, with great food in the bar, very friendly staff and great location! Can't wait to visit again

I stayed in sanlitun for 3 nights and it was quite good hostel , i would recommend it to whoever is looking for good budget hostel and making new friends , i really liked the place and the decorations and the room had very good space as well

The hostel was definitely a good deal -- the staff was super friendly and it's in an unbeatable location. However, the wifi was broken half the time and when it was working, it was only on the first floor. I always felt my stuff was safe, but I did have to buy a small lock for my locker from the front desk. It was only ten yuan. The cafe had a nice atmosphere and good food, and the showers were always hot. I would go back.

• 12th Dec 2014

Perfect for a stay to visit Beijing, offered tours are good, location is brilliant and the staff is always helpful - would come again!

This is a fantastic hostel. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and secure. The staff are very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. The facilities are good and all necessary amenities nearby. The got a great bar/restaurant which you can order a nice pizza! Subway stations are about 7 or 8 minutes walk away and 10 minutes walking to Sanlitun bar street which you can get much fun. I would definitely stay here again and highly recommend this hostel to everyone...

- In general the staff was nice and competent, however some employees showed a huge potential to be more professional when they have a not-so-good day. - Temperature in the room was too hot.

Location and staff are the winners here. Even cafe staff were really friendly and happy to help out. 8 mixed dorm was spacious and there is a nice balance of local and overseas travellers. Only real concern, the cafe doubled as common room. Heavy club music didn't really suit the actual subdued vibe of people reading and playing cards on a Monday night. Although there is a small pool table room too. Heads up! Get all of your meals on the first street right from hostel!

Value for money is OK. Clean and komfortable beds in a great location, especially if you want to have a night out in Beijing. A lot of clubs in walking distance. Lacks the typical backpackers atmosphere though. Would stay there again.

I went here expecting a great atmosphere and a great location. While the staff was incredibly friendly, and you can walk to the bars within 15 minutes, there isn't much of a social scene at the bar, and you're kind of located in an ugly back alley.

The halls tended to be very noisy at all hours so sleep wasn't that great. Intermittent warm showers. Front desk staff was ok, Had a decent bar with spotty wifi. Overall it was above average.

I like the food in the hostel.

I have stayed at this hostel a few times now. The rooms are clean and decently priced and the staff is friendly. However, for the second time in a row, there was no hot water to shower and we were given no discount/incentive to return. The staff said this has been a problem for a while. So until the problem is resolved I'll find somewhere else to stay

• 31st Oct 2014

This hostel is located in the heart of the Sanlitun Area, where many bars and clubs are. The hostel itself is quite big but very well organized. They have a nice restaurant/bar which is great to meet other travelers. The restaurant itself is okey, but a bit expensive. The staff is really wonderful. We really enjoyed our stay here.

The place is nice and cheap(to be in Beijing). Among the staff there was one who was really polite and helped me a lot..but I wouldn't say the same for all the other members. The subway is not very close but there are many buses one can take to reach it. Anyway the position is really convinent! The only problem is that there are only mixed rooms in dorm.