Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

This is the best hostel . Very good atmosphere ,good location (very close to Sanlitun village and bar street).The staff are all very friendly.

The hostel has a very nice bar and english speaking personnel. The personnel is friendly and the hostel also offers interesting tours. The Free Wifi is accessible in the whole hostel. At the bar you can get western food and drinks or also join the dumpling night with free chinese dumplings. The rooms on the other hand are not clean, especially the bathrooms should be cleaner! There was always a bad smell in my room and in the bathrooms.

hostel is bit overvalued. Only wifi in the cafe not in room. Don t book the 8 dorm room:bad ventilation and doors wouldn t open, very annoying. Bar and restaurant is nice and location is perfect. Shower is awesome. Staff quality differs a lot The lovely girl at the left desk is willing to help you with everything and also one girl at the bar is very cheerful. But some people don t really care on your information requests:' you can buy a map' O really?! Its an ok hostel, but wouldnt recommend it.

I stayed here only one night but to be honest I would have prefer to stay some where else. I booked a single room and when I got my room it was a 3 beds room and all beds have been already slept in and the toilet was dirty, so I went to change the room and they guy at the reception was rude, finally he gave me a new room which was clean, but still not that clean. Anyway the only reason I stayed there was because it is close to the embassy area. I will not stay again there

Worst thing: the heather turned on all the day, without the possibility to turn it off (it's managed by the staff). The location is good, I think, although I had the unfortune to stay there during the spring festival period, which made the area totally desert. It's not a bad place, the atmosphere is good, the staff is average. Some individuals are kind and useful, some other (especially one) is useless and doesn't speek a decent english. Although there are many problems, the price is honest.

I stay for 7 nights here in 8 beds dorm. Good place, i like staying there and would like to go there again if i go to Beijing. Nearby : Supermarket and minimarket, restaurant and small restaurant, metro station (around 10 minutes walk), fancy clubs, a lot of bars! 😁 The only thing i dislike is the wifi doesn't reach my room. Don't forget to bring your own padlock, or you can buy it for 10 kuai.

Very lovely stay, the room was a bit humid and it would have been lovely if they made the beds every day but everything else was lovely and service was great

• 23rd Feb 2015
  • Spain

Gopro was stolen from room staff didnt care or look into it or ask cleaners.Had to try solve myself. lost all my china pictures gutted. Very far from metro station not easy to see city and wifi very slow. Two asian nightclubs within walking distance.

Es un sitio increible! Las personas son muy atentas y el lugar es muy original, todos los dias conoci gente de todo el mundo, aparte si se quiere ir de fiesta este sector es el apropiado, Alli trabaja Wayne una persona muy cool!

We stayed five nights and whilst we did have clean towels every day, despite asking for the room to be made up, the bedding wasn't changed once and the bathroom wasn't cleaned either during our stay. There was also no soap provided in our bathroom. The staff were friendly and quite helpful and the social area was always busy so it was very sociable. Cheap drinks and good food as well.

Just needed a place to crash for one night while waiting for a train back to my city, and this was perfect. It's on the same subway line as Beijing Railway Station, and it's located in an area that has a lot of Western conveniences (like a French bakery just out the back gate). The staff are awesome - they're flexible, great English speakers, and good at solving problems. The area is lively and has a lot of nightlife. Food from the hostel's bar/restaurant is normal-expensive but good.

shower head needs to be replaced, staff not at front desk in the morning, had to wait for 15 min and call the hostel phone number until I could check out (had to go to the airport), overpriced laundry service

• 15th Feb 2015

Quite clean and the reception staff is really helpful.

Lovely and very helpful staff, nice atmosphere. Kitchen is a little bit slow. I would definitely recommend it!

I wish Wi-fi is available at the rooms each

• 6th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Smug attitude at times from a few of the staff, but most of the time they were very helpful. The location is great for walking to the clubs down the street. There is a mall next store and convenience stores outside. The lounge area isn't really so inviting and you are not allowed to bring your own drinks into the nice bar area downstairs

Helpfull staff and a good place in Beijing for backpackers as well as for normal tourists. Also the guided tours were ok.

although the area is pretty expensive, it's right on the main metro loop. staff were super friendly, room and bathroom were clean, and they had hot water! the common area was nice to hang out in, and I met a lot of cool people. if you're not looking for bars, a hostel up by andingmen might be more your speed, but even still this was a great hostel.

Good choice. Will stay again.

Really good spot close to the metro station and nightlife. Really good price.