Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Great Hostel, clean and very helpful staff. The bar is also very good !

Thank you.Have a ggod time in China.And looking forward to seeing you next time.

This hostel is (only) good for meeting people (especially westerners) and partying (especially in the Sanlitun area). So if that's your priority, this hostel is really good at that, as it's very easy to meet people and go out (and there's a lively, good bar/restaurant inside the hostel). Aside from that, the hostel is pretty bad -- the wifi is completely unreliable, the staff is not great, the facilities are mediocre, and the location is a bit of a walk (10-15 mins) from the subway stop.

Hi there, Thanks to your evaluation for our hostel , sorry for that we didn't have the good wifi , we will improve our weakness , so when you next time come back to our hostel, you will see our staff made a great progress , see you next time . Best Regards Sanlitun Hostel

The hotel it's ok, have a good location and the services of food is very good. The tour of the Muralla China that they offer it was excelent to us. About negative things we can say that the cleaning was not so good, the bathroom and the beds never were clean.

• 22nd Apr 2014
  • Uruguay

I had a great stay at this hostel. It's location at a walking distance from Sanlitun is mainly why I choose it and it was great. I had no hard time getting to the subway och meeting up at friends in Sanlitun, shopping at Yashow or whatever I wanted to do in Beijing. The staff was friendly and helpful, and let you speak Chinese first and only switched to English if there was something unclear. I had a great stay here and would definitely come back again next time I go to Beijing!

Thank you .Looking forward to seeing you next time.

A short walk (10 minute) walk from the subway station, on a quiet road close (another 10 minute walk) to Sanlitun. Being one of the cheaper hostels in the city I was impressed with the facilities and the cleanliness of the hostel. Breakfasts were good too. Staff were helpful and rooms were secure.

One of the best hostels i have had the experience of staying it. The atmosphere is great and energetic and the location is perfect.

I was actually really disappointed with the cleanliness of the rooms. The downstairs, cafe are and the hallways were always clean and we saw then being mopped. Our room was dusty, the sheets stained and I found cigarette butts on the floor. Plus the communal bathroom could have been much cleaner. The staff were lovely though and very friendly. If they really thoroughly clean the rooms this will be a fantastic hostel.

Staff made us feel like a part of the family. Great facilities, restaurant was good, pool table is a winner and the beer on tap was some of the best I've tasted. Clean rooms were great value. Will definitely stay here again. Thank you!

• 16th Apr 2014

Coming here already for years. Never dissapointed. Perfect place to explore Beijing and have a good rest afterwards. All of the staff speaks good english and is very friendly. That's unfortunately not granted in China.

Good breakfast,come back again!

my only problem with this hostel, is that they are cheap! they charge for everything, even for using the pool table! and youre not allowed to bring your own food/drinks from outside..

Nice bar area with great drinks, coffee, and breakfast. Staff is okay, some were a little rude. Rooms and bathrooms are decent. Fine for a short stay or after a night of partying.

This is a great hostel and definitely the place to stay if you want to party in Beijing. Great location and staff, and meeting fellow travelers is easy. I stayed in the dorms and also a private room and they were very clean and comfortable. My only criticism would be that the public and private bathrooms smell pretty bad all the time, even when "unused". Seems to be smells wafting up through the drains. Not sure what the hostel could do about this, but it was really the only downside of my stay.

Ok hostel, nice places to hang around including the bar and the restaurant. Bit of a party hostel, had people coming in at all times in the night, especially if you're a light sleeper I would not advise this hostel. Bathrooms were not too bad.

Really goos place to stay..close to metro (5/10 mins walking)..easy to find, clean, and good common areas to meet people..nice place

Nihao,hope you had a great time here and looking forward to your higher review next time.

The location is great to go out in Sanlitun but a bit far from the metro station. There is a nice outside area and the dorms are good value for money.

Thank you for your nice review, hope to see you again.

The cleanliness of the bathrooms could be better. The air conditioning in our room didn't work...

It'd be great if the floor under the beds are cleaned from time to time, as it is, a layer of dust occupy that space, and since travelers usually put their bags there...well, you can imagine what happens:)

Thank you for your comment and we will make best our room clean when you come next time.

Everything was fantastic except the stench in the women's bathrooms.

A good hostel for China, inexpensive and location is great for markets, restaurants, tube and airport access. The rooms are large and so are the common area showers. The staff are a light quiet but will help. Lounge/restaurant is a nice relaxing area and Alice will always have a smile! Food is expensive but very nice.