Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Good backpacker accommodation. Bar gets nice and crowded at night. Staff members are generally very friendly and helpful.

Overall good place for good price for Beijing. If you are looking for quiet hostel to rest after long day this place is not for you. The "party' in lounge area goes on every night all night. The staff should pay more attention to the night curfew, after all some guests prefer to sleep then party all night. Public bathrooms and sowers are very clean, but private are in need of a good scrubbing.

Staff were very helpful and friendly

Staff not helpful at all, they told me wrong directions to the public bus stop that gets you to the Great Wall. I wanted to extend my stay and they made me wait till morning of my checkout to tell me they do not have any bed left so I had to find another hostel... Western food ok, but pretty expensive. The directions on the website are very poor, hard to find

This was a great hostel in a nice location. The staff was very friendly and spoke good English for Beijing. The hostel made the bed and cleaned the room each day which was a very nice touch. I would strongly recommend it.

I love absolutely everything about this place. I lived here for a month in 2012 and recently went back again for a few days simply because I loved it THAT much. It's a guaranteed good time. The common room is set up in a way that facilitates meeting people and generally the people that come through are some of the coolest you'll meet traveling. Close to Sanlitun a plus! Basically, don't think of staying anywhere else in Beijing.

REally nice place to meet other travelers. Nice facilities to enjoy. Great staff. The door lock in the dorm room 201 needs seriously to be changed. Pricy restaurant. and more than 1 km form the metro station.

The hostel was quite far from a subway stop. It was central to some parts of the sanlitun drinking areas but still far from the heart of it. Shared bathrooms were horrible. Staff smoked in the toilets. Showers were generally dirty and toilets not regularly cleaned.

Great place to stay in beijing for sure....

Location and atmosphere are great! Staff is helpful and mostly friendly, although the lady on the bar can be harsh sometimes... We stayed in a room with 3 beds, on the 4th floor, these rooms are in a desperate need of refurbish, humidity and mold are ruining it.

• 7th Jun 2014

The staff was very nice, always smiling and helpful. The breakfast was GREAT! cheap, tasty and nice portions. Great drinks at night as well... amazing location and overall a good place to stay. Loved it.

The for Min , she helps me a lot Best wishes to her;)

I'd recommend this hostel to everybody who's going to Beijing!

Staff are bizarrely pushy about room visitors; exceptionally so for China. Food in the hostel is merely okay. Room felt damp and was hard to get dry, all the time. I had no issues sleeping despite the reputation as a party hostel. I would really appreciate if the hostel would have some self-catering facilities.

Showers were not hot - surprising since they advertise it as such. Cafe food was great, great price. Tours offered were very convenient and fairly extensive.

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • Jamaica

Everytime we come to Beijing, we stay in this hostel. If you like the Sanlitun neighbourhood (not only the party area), this is the best choice. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious, the bathroom is relatively clean. There are many restaurants and supermarkets around the hostel. Only a bit far away from the metro stations.

Thank you.Looking forward to seeing you next time.

The hostel is located close to the sanlitun area and nearby you can also find a couple of bigger clubs to party all night long. The staff can english but regarding customers treatment they were average. The cleanliness was ok, but don't expect something incredible. The lobby's cafeteria/restaurant was good, with a wide range of western dishes, beer, coffee and so on.

I booked a 4 person room weeks in advance. But when we arrived, we were told we had to split up to different rooms. I understand that it was the holiday weekend (Dragonboat), but I paid the deposit to hold the room. My friends and I were still not able to all stay together. And furthermore, the guy at the front desk wasn't very nice about it either. You have to pay a deposit for just about everything. I understand some things. But drinking cups? Billiard table? And no outside food/drinks is bad.

• 31st May 2014

We had an amazing stay at Sanlitun youth hostel would deffo recommend. Everything we needed they helped us with thy even have us a metro map with all the attractions so we could find our way around easily from the hostel. The only thing was there was no cold water dispenser only hot although to buy water was only 2 CYN or 5 CYN for a HUGE bottle. I would love to stay here again... So close to everything and great atmosphere!

• 30th May 2014

Great hostel. Atmosphere is really great with a lot of people moving about. Great cafe downstairs. And wifi throughout. The location is a bit far from the subway and it's tucked behind an office building, but other than that it was great. Also, props to the staff who booked tours, taxis, and train tickets and were very, very helpful. I hope I can stay here again!