Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

I loved this hostel and felt very at home here. Karine and Alice were such friendly and lovely ladies and they made me feel so welcome and comfortable. Thank you ladies. See you next time I visit China :)

Thanks for staying with us,we are hoping for your next coming.Best regards.

Too many people per bathroom so they were seldom clean. Laundry service was very bad, but we had another bad laundry experience later in shanghai so maybe it's the same everywhere. Reception and bar staff was very helpful

disgusting facilities, the toilets are my floor were virtually unusable due to urine on the floor and the smell of faeces. the smell greeted you as you reached the top of the stairs so it wasn't pleasant to say the least. woke up everyday at 7am by powertools, the room was cleaned halfheartedly and looked like it hadn't had a good clean for 10 years. informed staff and received a 'sorry', no compensation offered. had the cheek to ask for a good review! well here's an honest one.

While in a great location this hostel has room for improvement, the beds are hardly turned down, there is no shared kitchen and the shared facilities could be cleaner. Some of the staff are friendly but can't say that for all of them, when i tried to book another night i was told the hostel was full, when i checked online there was plenty of rooms available. When i finally did checked out, the owners daughter refused to give me directions or even answer my basic questions. Not friendly. 0 / 10.

• 9th Oct 2014

Great and helpful staff! :) Good location, friendly atmosphere, nice feeling! :) I would recommend this hostel for sure! :)

• 9th Oct 2014

Even staff had some English, their communication skill was the worst. It felt like I was begging them to let me stay at their home. I stayed at the counter for like 30min to check in. The pubic toilets were nightmare. I was glad that I had to stay only one night. I would definitely recommend private room with a toilet in it.

• 3rd Oct 2014
  • Mongolia

I have stayed at this property several times. This time I stayed in a double private room in the main building. The room was clean but old. It could have used some basic maintenance and updates on things like the floor, lighting, and the shower. Everyday we got clean towels and the garbage bins were emptied. A late night shower did not have any hot water. There is no elevator if you are on the top floor. The price of breakfast was on the high side.

This is my first time writing a review so after staying at Sanlitun for Golden week, I must write about my experience. I stayed at the hostel for 8 days

• 29th Sep 2014