Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

We booked a private twin bedroom. Room obviously has not been cleaned properly - I even found cigarettes from the last person who stayed there. Bathroom was less than satisfactory with a blocked drain which meant that the whole room flooded whenever anyone took a shower.

• 31st Mar 2014

wifi in rooms is important. that might be a reason to look for alternatives. i do work for long hours, i cant seat in lobby all day

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Latvia

A great atmospheric hostel. Really warm and inviting and great to meet new party friends. Also, your employee Carine is an asset to the place. So helpful and a joy to hang out with. Cracking hostel.

We really had a nice staying together with you,hope to see you again.

Great location, helpful staff, great restaurant/bar in hostel, had a fantastic trip staying here!

• 30th Mar 2014

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Nice that they spoke pretty good English as well. We had no issues with security or cleanliness. And the drinks were cheap. Highly recommended!

• 29th Mar 2014

Wifi only in lobby and super slow. Location is good though if you like the bars and partying. Not the cleanest of places but good value and livable.

Great place to meet fellow travellers! Great staff, were very helpfull when my iphone was stolen. Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone visiting beijing!!!

Loved my stay there. The hostel was clean, staff were friendly and only a 10 min walk to subway which was super easy to use. Also very close to the night life and a safe walk back from all the clubs in the area.

• 14th Mar 2014

Thanks for your good comment and we are determined to be better then,we are waiting for your next stay.Best Regards.Dora.

The staff at the hostel were absolutely wonderful! They made our stay there so easy and enjoyable! The food was great, and the tour to the wall was outstanding. Also, when we need transport to the airport and train station, they made that easy as well. Wonderful hostel!!

• 12th Mar 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Quite a far walk from the subway station, especially if you are carrying a lot of luggage, but otherwise the hostel was great. The showers were pretty good for China, and the room was quite roomy and clean. You get a half-off beer and coffee voucher when you check in, which we put to use and were happy with. We booked a tour to go to the Great Wall at Jinshanling with the hostel, but I felt like they mislead me to believe that the entry fee (about 120 yuan) was included, but it was not.

Fantastic staff and great location.

The Internet does not work when there are a lot of people in the common area. Perhaps you should buy an internet router meant for high traffic. The common area is also too small and doesn't encourage interaction with others.

Improve cleanliness.

Thank you for the suggest, we will do our best to improve, see you next time,. Regards

In a twin room, a very pleasant staff, it's a good step to start in Beijing !

• 18th Feb 2014

Nihao, we are glad you had a good time here and waiting for your next coming.

I had a blast staying at Sanlitun. The staff was very kind and helpful, and the lounge/bar/dining area was a great place to hang out. I ended up making friends in town and we'd just hang in Sanlitun's bar area and have beers there instead of actually going out. It was a very clean hostel compared to many others I've stayed in too. Good times.

• 15th Feb 2014

Hello, thank you for giving us such a high evaluation, Meanwile we hope that you spent a good time with us in our hostel , we will do our best to do better , And we wish next time you will come with your family or your friends in our hostel , see you next time . Have a good day ! Sincerely Best Regards Sanlitun Hostel

I loved this hostel. The staff was great and very helpful! I will be returning to this hostel next week! :)

Thank you .See you soon.

Stayed in a 4 bed dorm, great facilities, friendly and helpful staff and hostel located a couple of minutes away from the nearest metro station giving easy access to anywhere in the city ! Would recommend!

• 13th Feb 2014

Unfortunately the Sanlitun has decresed its amazing value in the last two years as the staff isnt as friendly as before, the food and the drinks are not as good as before and the showers are not nice to use.. But all in all its still a nice place ina nice lovation and I'm looking forward to mynext stay. I really hope they will consider my personal review I submitted to restore their hostel to old glory!

Nihao, Thank you for your suggest, we will do the best we can to improve, wish to see you again. Best regards

The staff is friendly, helpful, and always available. The rooms are fine, just make sure you don't end up next to a bathroom, as the hot air dryers in there will be going off all the time. I was mixed on the location, it is close to some nightclubs and things like that, but it took me a while to figure out the neighborhood. It's not really a backpacker area, per se. The crowd in the hostel seemed more like semi-hipsters from Chicago than backpacker-ish. Oh, also know that they don't take credit!

Recommended to me by friends this hostel will not disappoint. Staff amazingly helpful sorted train tickets currency exchange and taxis for me, nothing too much trouble. Cosy bar encourages friendly atmosphere making it easy to make new friends if travelling alone.

• 10th Feb 2014