Sanlitun Youth Hostel Reviews

No.1 Chunxiu Lu(Gong Ti Bei Lu), Chaoyang District, Beijing, China

Just needed a place to crash for one night while waiting for a train back to my city, and this was perfect. It's on the same subway line as Beijing Railway Station, and it's located in an area that has a lot of Western conveniences (like a French bakery just out the back gate). The staff are awesome - they're flexible, great English speakers, and good at solving problems. The area is lively and has a lot of nightlife. Food from the hostel's bar/restaurant is normal-expensive but good.

shower head needs to be replaced, staff not at front desk in the morning, had to wait for 15 min and call the hostel phone number until I could check out (had to go to the airport), overpriced laundry service

• 15th Feb 2015

Quite clean and the reception staff is really helpful.

Lovely and very helpful staff, nice atmosphere. Kitchen is a little bit slow. I would definitely recommend it!

I wish Wi-fi is available at the rooms each

• 6th Feb 2015
  • South Korea

Smug attitude at times from a few of the staff, but most of the time they were very helpful. The location is great for walking to the clubs down the street. There is a mall next store and convenience stores outside. The lounge area isn't really so inviting and you are not allowed to bring your own drinks into the nice bar area downstairs

Good place for budget travelling. Great location, walking distance to many bars, pubs, restaurants etc. Wasn't the biggest fan for the bathroom though. The one close to my room wasnt cleaned often. You see hairs stuck in the sink and that was that. On my staying i couldnt really find people to chat to, everyone seems a bit of minding too much own business.

Helpfull staff and a good place in Beijing for backpackers as well as for normal tourists. Also the guided tours were ok.

although the area is pretty expensive, it's right on the main metro loop. staff were super friendly, room and bathroom were clean, and they had hot water! the common area was nice to hang out in, and I met a lot of cool people. if you're not looking for bars, a hostel up by andingmen might be more your speed, but even still this was a great hostel.

Good choice. Will stay again.

Really good spot close to the metro station and nightlife. Really good price.

Will definitely come back. I like the area, staff was supportive, price is good and the dormitory is nice.

The hostel was unorganized and some of the staff very unhelpful! My friends and I arrived at 4 am, and had booked the night before so that we could go straight to our rooms. But then the staff woke us up at noon with someone coming into our (private) room and yelling at us in Chinese for five minutes until someone finally explained in English that we had to change rooms - and wait for an hour for our new room! The staff also kept forgetting to extend our booking when we asked, which was a pain.

Sanlitun is a regular stop for my friends and I when we're in Beijing. It's location is tough to beat, and prices are also quite reasonable. You can easily walk to a number of places - including markets, the walking street, Worker's Stadium and Gymnasium, subway stops - and find essentially everything you need close by. While we love staying there, we have found that the quality and attitude of the staff has dropped off considerably sincer our first stay several years ago.

simple and easy - but came into the years !!!

A little far from the Subway station, especially in the freezing winter. Everything else was great.

Great staff that are super nice! The hot pot night was delicious. And for tht price, unbeatable

IT WAS IN REMODELING, DUST EVERYWHERE.

location easy to reach from the airport-express train to dongzhimen(25rmb) then 5min taxi ride(13-15rmb).very helpful and friendly staff.food at the bar is very good-especially the breakfast! rooms are clean but the bathroom is a bit old.only problem:no hairdryer in the room (even tho website sais there is...),no soap/shampoo provided.overall a great value for what you pay,i always stay here when i have to spend a night or two in beijing.

+friendly staff, big dorm room, very cheap, great location -too few sanitary facilities, common area to small & with uncomfortable furniture

• 12th Jan 2015