Seoul I Guesthouse Reviews

147-46, Donggyo-Dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Seoul guest house was one of the cleanest and well kept hostels I've been to in Seoul. The location was in a quiet part of Hongdae and not too far from the main area. It was only a 3 minute walk from the subway exit. Only downside-- I wish the staff were available later, but they were very friendly.

Great accommodating staff! Very friendly and even upgraded our room for free after we realized the 3 people private was actually a double bed and a single , not 3 singles (I'm female travelling with 2 males). Room and bathroom was very nice and clean, good location. Highly recommend.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Stuff is friendly and attentive. Nice rooms. Nice guests. Nice atmosphere. Location is nearby a station of the incheon railroad express. So you can get there easy from/to the airport.

The hostel located next to the subway station Hongik university. The room is not very big but every thing is clean and convient. They have clean sheet and pillow cover for every guest and the receptionists are very nice and helpful. I stayed for 3 days and I like everything there. One of the best I ever stayed. Thanks.

keep up with the good work

Staff is really helpful&polite. Location is right next to line 2 subway and easy to get to anywhere. The room is small, but again it is what you normally expect in Korea especially with a hostel. At least it is clean, safe and has everything you need. For solo traveler that needs some privacy, maybe not a dorm but a single room. Noise is always inevitable in a dorm setting, like after 11pm & early a.m. But again, this is how hostel like. In general, I'd stay again & recommend to frds.

- tiny rooms and lockers, no space to hang a towel to dry anywhere. Space for Luggage very limited. - Door Lock is kind of useless as the slide window is never locked. - Floor heating was off, even though minus degrees outside at nighttime privacy curtains good location! close to subway and airport express clean rooms and common area

Probably my highest rating to date. Excellent location, great staff and vibe. Thumbs up!

Very average hostel in a lively area

Helpful reading materials, free postcards, and incredibly accomodating staff! Thank you very much for a lovely experience! Would love to stay there again :) Only thing I might change is towel size - full sized towels would hav changed my life there hahaha.

• 12th Mar 2015

+ great location, includes a basic breakfast, - If you get a 3 bed private, note that it's not actually 3 beds but two beds, one of which is a double which is large enough for two people, but not what's advertised and then room is very small.

Thank you for review. First of all, we feel sorry that we couldn't meet your expectations. As we might have some language barrier between Korean and English, guess there is misunderstanding about the room condition. But the thing is that's why we uploaded pictures of room for prevent this kind of problem :) Hopely you understand this situation and please check next time... We feel really sad about your review... u.u

Extremely friendly staff, nice quarters and about a 2 minute walk from the subway...hard to beat

Staff was very helpfull and we Could check in earlier. Common Area was very Sweet and cozy. All in all we had a Nice time and enyoed our stay!:)

If your guesthouse have some tools to help us to carry our suitcase up the floor or down to the 1st floor, it would be much convenient.

The staff were the best part of this hostel. Extremely friendly and helpful! Other than that the hostel was average. Has everything you'd expect of a normal hostel, no real problems.

Right next to the subway exit in a quieter area from Hong dae but right down the street from all the stuff. Perfect hostel. Love that they give you eggs for you to cook for breakfast.

I had a really comfortable stay at Seoul I Guesthouse. I had some troubles with my flight and the hosts were more than understanding when it came to holding my room. I would definitely stay there again! ^^

• 18th Feb 2015

A very good hostel! My only cons are: - the walls are quite thin (you hear a lot), plus my room was close to the main door so was woken up early a few times from people coming in and out which obviously can't be helped. - The showers are not powerful enough, I literally had to hug the wall to get water onto me, it wasn't a major problem but thought I'd share. Other than that, everything you need plus the privacy curtains on the beds are always a bonus :) - I would stay again.

Great place to stay! Very clean and the staff was very friendly. Recommend to stay if your looking to party or visit the area!

• 14th Feb 2015

I stayed for 8 days at Seoul I...it was great! The location is awesome, the service, the facilities. The staff was super friendly and spoke a fluent English, they were always willing to help. I would definitely come back! Thanks guys for the great service! Specially Alice =) Lucy

• 13th Feb 2015