Seoulwise Guesthouse Reviews

197-29 Donggyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Seoulwise guesthouse is in a great location in Hongdae. Close to heaps of bars, restaurants, street vendors and walking distance to night clubs. The owner Young is extremely helpful, knowledgeable and accommodating. Seoulwise is a short distance to the Hongik University subway station which is on the airport railroad line as well as the green line, this makes for very easy travel to/from airport and around Seoul. Would definitely recommend staying there.

• 7th Jul 2014

I was completely satisfied! it was my 3rd stay here. the owner Young knows a lot about Seoul and knows exactly what backpackers need! free soap/shampoo from former guests to use. sell stamps! breakfast: cereals, toast, OJ,coffee. 7mins walk to Hongdae subway Station, in a quiet neighbourhood. security is good: only guests with key get inside. very clean! we got a free upgrade and big towels to use. I'd definitely recommend it and would stay there again! Thanks! :D

Stayed here for one night. The hostel is good and staff were helpful. They were fine with us checking in later than expected and showed us the to our rooms. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was simple but just right! It's a bit of a walk (15 minutes) from the main Hongdae strip but I would stay here again.

Clean and safe environment with a very friendly staff. I feel like I left the hostel with more friends than I came with. I would definitely recommend!

Great hostel, great staff, great location! Next time Korea, again Seoulwise!

• 5th Jun 2014

We've enjoyed our stay there and grateful for Mr. Yang's wonderful hospitality! The only downside if I may bring it up is that the room gets quite humid in summer (due to weather and lack of ventilation?) and the bed mattress is ...a little bit uncomfortable:( But overall, it was great and thank you very much!

• 2nd Jun 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel is well located, near from subway station! There are lots of restaurants and shops around it. There is a really nice and free breakfeast there.

Young, the hostel owner, was very helpful and knowledgable about Seoul. He let me use his T money card for the week, and helped me book bus tickets. The location is great as the hostel is just a few blocks away from the Hongik University station. When I returned to Seoul later in my trip, I chose to stay there again. Breakfast consists of cereal, toast, tea, and coffee (from freshly ground beans). Alas, no eggs. Otherwise, a great place to stay.

Great hostel that has a great location in hongdae, seoul's district well known for its young visitors, great bars, BBQs etc Rooms are very spacious and always clean, missed power slots next to my bed though. The owner incl the staff was always very helpful and had great recommendations for our time in Seoul! I definitely would come again!! Kamsa ham ni da, thank you very much!!

Great hostel, clean and close to the Hongdae area with many great restaurants, bars and clubs. The staff here were amazing, and very accommodating.

A nice, social environment. The management was very prompt and helpful. The beds were a bit uncomfortable though.

The staff were really friendly, breakfast included was toast, coffee and juice. Rooms were cleaned every day. Tons of books to browse through to help plan your trip, staff have great recommendations as well. Close to the subway and in a great neighbourhood to explore. Would stay here again if I went back to Korea.

Young (the boss) is really helpful and a lovely guy. When I first arrived he explained everything I might need, gave me some good advice and a subway card, etc. If I'm back in Seoul, I'd definitely stay here again.

Great location - close to the Metro and the University District, Staff were really helpful with recommendations on what to do with our time in Seoul and the best places to eat in the area. A lovely little guesthouse.

its so delightful, the staff is very nice and very helpful, especially the ajjushi, he's so caring and help us a lot during our stay, and im so impressed with the cleanliness and warm atmosphere around the hostel. Its so recommended and definitely will stay there if im going to seoul again in future.

• 6th Apr 2014