Seoulwise Guesthouse Reviews

197-29 Donggyo-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul, South Korea

Security: Lockers and a lock provided for free. It's hard to imagine any hostel doing much better. Location: You're not very far from common attractions in Seoul. Staff: The owner was very friendly and helpful. He has visited hostels around the world and put a lot of thought into everything. Cleanliness: The six beds in my room looked new. Everything was clean. Facilities: Everything I saw was well maintained. Value: I paid under $20 a night! Atmosphere: The MERS scare made things pretty quiet.

• 20th Jun 2015

This is a great hostel,located in a fun part of Seoul. It’s close to the subway and pretty easy to find. While its location is relatively central it’s in a quite location just off the main street so you won’t have any problems with crowds from nightclubs and bars on the street waking you up. The room and bathroom was spotlessly clean. I met the owner, Mr Young, the first day I arrived and he was very helpful with regards to giving advice on what to see in Seoul. Highly recommended place to stay!

Hotel staff friendly and helpful, the facilities had everything I needed. There's also so much to do near hongdae and the hostel was a perfect resting place a bit further from the crowded streets and busy nightlife just across the metro station.

I loved this guest house. I booked 3 nights then stayed for a week. The staff is really friendly and helpful, they know good places to get food nearby, and they helped me figure or how to get to everything I wanted to see in Seoul. The bed was comfortable, the shower was clean and spacious, and there are lockers in the room big enough for a day bag. The location is close to the train and nightlife, but still quiet. I will be back next time I am in Seoul.

The staff was wonderful! I love how friendly and helpful the owner was. He made me feel very welcomed and at home :) Will definitely stay again if I revisit Seoul!

Really sets the bar high in terms of hostels. Full bedding, clean facilities, and even a cheap laundry option. Close to the subway and good restaurants, a bit difficult to find initially though. very nice staff. Would stay there again for sure.

• 22nd May 2015

Stayed here for a total of 8 nights and it was well worth it. There are many facilities and services here, from a wash and dry laundry service and additional bathrooms for all to use outside your own dorm. Young is a fantastic host and understands traveller's needs. He will give you heaps of useful information about Korea and help you organise your day - just ask! The hostel has a pleasant atmosphere and Young ensures it's peaceful at night so you can get a good night's rest.

Everything was excellent, the only little downsides were the beds which were a bit uncomfortable (2-beds private room). Highly recommended hostel.

I really like the room because its clean and convenient! the staff is also very friendly.

• 13th May 2015
  • China

we are a retired couple of regular travellers and we can definitely recommend this guest house in Seoul. It is very clean, well managed and the manager will help with your travel plans as well as recommendations what to see whilst in seoul. Also, the beds are SOOO comfortable. We will definitely stay here again if we come back to seoul. Thank you Seoulwise. stewart & cath

We loved staying in Seoulwise hostel. The place is very clean, and feels like home. Owners are helpful and nice. They pay lots of attention for details: you got all you need in room including toiletries, sleepers, hair drier, mirrors - all the useful stuff; even the make up/dress up room for girls)) Location is very nice: peaceful and quite university area, but very close to subway, and all the convenient stores are around. Highly recommended. Marina, Russia

• 2nd May 2015
  • China

Just perfect! I would definitely stay here again; no question. Thanks for everything!

I thought this hostel was great. I will for sure stay here again when I am in Seoul. The staff was friendly and helpful with everything. They even sent me my phone charger I left in the room and gave me my own room to stay in the first evening because I arrived so late (for no upcharge). It's very close to the metro and nightlife around the univerisity and surrounded by several lovely shops, from coffee to clothes.

The hostel's cleanliness and friendly staff are phenominal! The free breakfast and outlet adaptors are a plus!

Wonderful hostel with a great atmosphere!

Young is the best! Really really helpful and patient and sooooo nice!! The room is clean and cozy. Definitely will choose this place again! Hey young, I will be there for the next BIGBANG concert, see you soon!!

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • China

Traveled Asia Feb-April & stayed here for each time I was back in Seoul. It's really really clean, which is awesome when you've been traveling through all sorts of other hostels in Asia. It's the best in terms of cleanliness and minimalism. I felt secure & comfortable here. Young was super helpful about places to go and see, and it was a 7-minute walk to the main Hongdae area. Not at all a party hostel, but this is where I met some good, kind and thoughtful people more than any other.

• 19th Apr 2015

One of the best hostels I have stayed in! It is the small little things that Mr. Young did that make the stay very comfortable. Wifi everywhere, adaptors, cleaniness, knowledge - definitely the top 3 among hundreds of hostels I have stayed in over 45 countries.

very friendly staff and a very welcoming and warm atmosphere