Shanghai Dock Bund Hostel Reviews

No.55 Xianggang Road, Shanghai, China

I found it tough to find people to explore with in this hostel. Almost everyone was there working or interning and staying in the hostel to avoid paying excessive rent. This also meant that the atmosphere wasn't particularly lively and that lights were usually off by 10pm.

Simple clean hostelwell run with nothing special

They didn't sweep in the 5 nights I stayed there but generally great relative to other hostels in China. Two decent PCs to use in the activity room if you need to do some planning. Tons of people to meet and travel with!

• 16th Apr 2015

The building is a bit tired, but everyone there was great. The staff bent over backwards to make maps and write things down in Chinese, so i could get around. The rooms were good, not great. I had a single room , and it was just fine. The sweet part of staying here is the location to the bund. Just two blacks and your there. The other diamond was the front desk staff, who worked hard to help me catch the correct train, and send me to all the destinations in which my guide book pointed me.

nightmare

• 29th Mar 2015
  • South Korea

I stayed in a single room for 6 days right when I arrived to China to sleep off jet lag before going on to dorm with 8 bed. It was very comfortable, quiet room. The hostel about a five-ten minute walk from East Nanjing road exit 6, with some good restaurants nearby. The common area is a bit small. Overall, good experience.

Required 200CNY of deposit, though this is not written in Hostelworld.com... Search and ask: the introduction of the hostel is poor. We discovered after 4 days there is a micro-wave in... the bathroom. If you want your room to be cleaned, explicitly say you want the room and the shower room FLOORs to be SWEPT. Our "Standard Double Bed Private Ensuite" had an unreachable (so impossible to open) window looking at... a high wall.

1 2 Next » last »