Shanghai Hidden Garden Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 840A, Lane 834, Pudong Avenue, Lujiazui District, Shanghai, China

Enjoyed the party night arranged by the guys at the hostel where they wanted to show off their cocktails. This bought everyone together to meet and greet which was fun. Not many other backpackers here as this hostel seemed to attract mainly Chinese students who were in the city for job interviews. All in all, not a bad stay.

I had a great time there, really love the beautiful cosy yard they have. People there are fiendly and helpful, definitely worth the price.

• 12th Nov 2014
  • China

Nice Hostel if you take a dorm, because our double-bedroom was next to the air cons outside and we could only see the wall of the next house and a lot of clothes from other People.The room had a very hard mold smell, especially the bathroom. You have to walk a bit more than 10 minutes from the metrostation. The staff is nice and you can borrow a big map. The courtyard is beautifull, especially in the evening to hang out.

Wifi was weak in our room, and although we had booked a 4 bed dorm we were told at the front dest that our 4 bed room was not only damp but didn't have a window! If the 4 bedroom dorms are so bad, why advertise them as an option? We had to put up with a 8 bed dorm which was okay for what we paid, but the location did not make up for it. Unlikely to stay here again.

Overall satisfied but unfortunately in our double bed room there was an outside noise (like alarm signal repetitive) loud all night long. Also, room lamp above bed flashed every 20 seconds aboveour heads...

I enjoyed my time here really a lot ,thanks to the friendly staff in the hostel. They are very helpful and make me feel like staying at home.

it is a really nice hostel. we enjoyed the BBQ there a lot!

It is not the first hostel i stayed in shanghai, but it is absolutely the best one for me. I did enjoy the time i stayed here. It is a place full of surprise, you will know about it after you go there by yourself. Though it takes a few mins to walk from the closest metro station. I hope that i can come back next time!

Thanks for appetizing food. Love it!

its really close to the downtown and easy to find. i love the beautiful yard, cosy and comfortable.

• 14th Oct 2014