Shanghai Hidden Garden Youth Hostel Reviews

No. 840A, Lane 834, Pudong Avenue, Lujiazui District, Shanghai, China

Shanghai hidden garden hostel is a great location with a great staff. THe atmosphere was great and the staff was excellent. I would definitely recommend this to anyone coming to stay in Shanghai and plan on staying there on my next trip to China!

people go to hostels because they want to get some info. about the place they are traveling around. itd be a big help if you go ahead and talk to travelers who doesn't speak your language. Thank you.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • South Korea

POSITIVE: The hostel is 5-10 mins walk from Pudong Avenue subway stop, so comfortable for visiting the city by subway. It is also 30 mins walk from Pudong-skyscreepers NEGATIVE: Near the hostel LATE IN THE EVENING/NIGHT everything is closed and there's pretty nothing

The hostel should have more activities to make the guest know each others.

Overall a great place to stay. Nice bar/restaurant area and the rooms were in good shape. The ensuite bathrooms were a bit grotty (and cold) but the common bathrooms were nice. I'd definitely stay here again though - really helpful staff and good location. Directions to the hostel could be better. Use Google maps to plot it out before you go and take note of the exit to take from the subway.

- Very nice and helpful staff - Room with no window and very humid though - The hostel's food is good, but there are cheaper restaurants just out the door - Too bad we have to pay 10 yuans for a tourist map that will brek quickly

It is nice to meet you in our hostel . Thanks for your review . sorry to put you in a dorm without window, next time you can choose a dorm with window . I think it will be much better. And i think you take it wrong about the map, because we asked for 10yuan from you for deposit , not for selling . As usual we would give it back when you return the map. Anyway ,I am sorry for your lose. Hope to see you next time ! ---Mo, from hiddengarden

Very nice hostel with helpfull staff. A little bit outside of the down town. Generally, I can recommend it.

Difficult to rate staff because some of them didn't speak english or help us at all but one guy (bartender?) spoke excellent english and was really awesome and helpful! Didn't even accept tips for his great service. Our toilet was not clean but the room was very warm for winter.

thanks for your staying and review. The fact is that the English of one of my workmate is not that good, but all of us are happy to help our guests. and I will tell the bartender your appreciate . We will take more care of the toilet . Hope to see you next time! ----Mo,from Hidden Garden

Very good place,nice staff,good environment.

• 29th Nov 2014
  • China

Good location. Good lounge. Damp, moldy rooms though.

It was hard to find.. and will be much harder as the road in front of the hostel is blocked by some fence.. so if you are on the main road.. you wont see the street going to the hostel. We used google map to locate the hostel.. and it was pretty accurate. The staff is super helpful amd wont hesitate to come pick you up on pudong ave if you get lost. Hostel abiance is excellent.. there is a bar.. tv.. ps3, books, magazines at the lobby. previous user comments are accurate

Hey Patrick, Thanks for your gift and your comment! since you know the way now it wont be a problem for you to arrive here next time :) I am looking forward to seeing you next time, in shanghai or Philippines . Shanghai is quite cold now and enjoy your summer time at home! Have a nice day! Mo, from hiddengarden

Enjoyed the party night arranged by the guys at the hostel where they wanted to show off their cocktails. This bought everyone together to meet and greet which was fun. Not many other backpackers here as this hostel seemed to attract mainly Chinese students who were in the city for job interviews. All in all, not a bad stay.

Hey Elliot, Thanks for your comment and i am happy you enjoyed the party night. Hope you see you next time ! Regards, Mo from hiddengarden

I had a great time there, really love the beautiful cosy yard they have. People there are fiendly and helpful, definitely worth the price.

Nice Hostel if you take a dorm, because our double-bedroom was next to the air cons outside and we could only see the wall of the next house and a lot of clothes from other People.The room had a very hard mold smell, especially the bathroom. You have to walk a bit more than 10 minutes from the metrostation. The staff is nice and you can borrow a big map. The courtyard is beautifull, especially in the evening to hang out.

Wifi was weak in our room, and although we had booked a 4 bed dorm we were told at the front dest that our 4 bed room was not only damp but didn't have a window! If the 4 bedroom dorms are so bad, why advertise them as an option? We had to put up with a 8 bed dorm which was okay for what we paid, but the location did not make up for it. Unlikely to stay here again.

Overall satisfied but unfortunately in our double bed room there was an outside noise (like alarm signal repetitive) loud all night long. Also, room lamp above bed flashed every 20 seconds aboveour heads...

I enjoyed my time here really a lot ,thanks to the friendly staff in the hostel. They are very helpful and make me feel like staying at home.

it is a really nice hostel. we enjoyed the BBQ there a lot!

It is not the first hostel i stayed in shanghai, but it is absolutely the best one for me. I did enjoy the time i stayed here. It is a place full of surprise, you will know about it after you go there by yourself. Though it takes a few mins to walk from the closest metro station. I hope that i can come back next time!

Thanks for appetizing food. Love it!