Shanghai Soho Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

No.239, Da Ming Road, Hongkou District, Shanghai, Shanghai, China

The location was very convenient for us. Very close to the bund. The view for us was good as we could see Pudong from our room window. However, the shower pressure was very low, the room was very cold and the electric heater took ages to heat it up, the beds where too hard (I do understand that that is the Chinese standard). The general atmosphere looked better in the advertisement than in real life. I have payed a lot less for generally better hostels in Shanghai.

• 15th Jan 2016

Did not enjoy my stay

Staff was nice and helpful. The hostel is close to the city centre. Only the room was too small for six peoples. There were hardly no space for the backpacks and the air got very muggy in the night.

Dirty rooms especially the bathroom. No windows in the room and they are really small. It smells bad in the whole hostel. But the location is really good, really close to the Bund.

Had a bad experience in this hostel. First of all the staff speaks very poor English and is not creative in find a way to communicate. My room was quite dirty, dust all over the place and no proper AC. Most of the dorms don't have windows witch makes the room very moist since the bathroom is ensuite and the AC is not really working. The paintwork even became liquid again because of this. Furthermore no good atmosphere but this might depend on the period I was there (sept). At least well located