Shanghai Soho Bund Youth Hostel Reviews

No.239, Da Ming Road, Hongkou District, Shanghai, Shanghai, China

In the room the tapestry peeling off, the wifi works just in the lobby and electric socket don't work correctly. Despite this the room is comfortable. The location is excellent because we are close to the bund and the Pearl tower

The dorms were vary cramped (six beds in a windowless room that really shouldn't have had more than 4 beds) and had no airflow other than the aircon (which could only be run when the key was in the slot), so rooms tended to smell a bit. Staff seemed very indifferent and unwelcoming. Good location a short walk away from the Bund. Good for a night or two in Shanghai

I came in very late from the airport. These people stay up late at the desk and made it easy for me to check-in even at the late hour. Rooms are upstairs and quiet. Great dorm rooms also. Starbucks was only a minute walk away, a big plus for me. The Bund is within 5 minutes walking distance. I'd go back to this hostel.

• 30th May 2014

Pretty good hostel. What made it for me was the very helpful staff. They went out of their way for us tby writing down everything we needed in Chinese so we could go around the city and even booking train tickets for us. Rooms had no windows, bummer. But was clean and had wifi

The 4 person sharing room has got no windows, 2 double deckers. Everyone has a room card, with a safe which operates by a separate card. very friendly staff who can speak some english and korean. There is no proper spring mattress, the bed is probably only 10 to 15 cm thick. Given the price, what i got was completely reasonable.

• 15th May 2014
  • Singapore

Using the bus 921 to connect to city is just across street & cheaper (2Y). Most of the domitory are windowless. It"s walking distance to Bund but a bit far from the Metro . Bus is a choice after staying there.

Stayed here for only a night and I it allowed me to see the Bund and Nanjing Road very easily. If you take the train in from the airport finding the hostel is a bit tricky. You have to cross the street from the recommended exit and turn onto 大名路 (DaMing Lu) but besides that it was pretty easy. Location and price were important when deciding to stay here and both were not disappointing!