Sitting On The City Walls Courtyard House Reviews

57 NianZi HuTong, JingShanHouJie, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

We had a great time at the Sitting on the City Walls Courtyard House. The staff (Rick in particular) is very friendly and happy to give you suggestions of every type about where to eat, visit and where to go in general. The atmosphere is very relaxing with an indoor garden with several tables where you can stay to read, work or chill out.

The owner, Rick, was very helpful. I only stayed for a night while waiting for my flight but he directed me to sights and restaurants so I was able to see some parts of the lovely city.

• 31st Jul 2015

Really great stay - staff were incredibly helpful, and nothing was too much trouble for them. Also - the dumplings are absolutely delicious, and at 15yen a bowl, you can really eat as many as you want! The bar is also very reasonable, and the beds are comfy.

• 30th Jul 2015

It was a fantatsic stay. The hostel staff was very friendly. The food was very good. It was clean and re leaned even morning. At first we were a little worried about walking through the Hutong but was assured that it was very safe. We never had any problem and always felt safe. The people that lived around it were friendly. It was a good place to stay. I would recommend it. The only issue was it is a little walk from the substation but we got used to it or if we were tired took a $2 taxi ride.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Nice little hostel, very well situated. The staff was realy helpful.

it's better to change new bath towel. It's too old

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

One word to define my stay in Sitting On The City Walls Courtyard House : PERFECT. The staff is extremely helpful (the French airport lost my suitcase and the staff helped me a lot). Furthermore, they speak really good English. The rooms are lovely. The area is typically Chinese and very safe (I was a woman travelling by myself). Great location, very close to the Forbidden City and from the vibrant Nanluogu Xiang. I strongly recommend this place !