Sitting On The City Walls Courtyard House Reviews

57 NianZi HuTong, JingShanHouJie, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

it's better to change new bath towel. It's too old

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Vietnam

One word to define my stay in Sitting On The City Walls Courtyard House : PERFECT. The staff is extremely helpful (the French airport lost my suitcase and the staff helped me a lot). Furthermore, they speak really good English. The rooms are lovely. The area is typically Chinese and very safe (I was a woman travelling by myself). Great location, very close to the Forbidden City and from the vibrant Nanluogu Xiang. I strongly recommend this place !

Fantastic hostel! Staff we're friendly, helpful and very accommodating, with very good level of English. The communal area is spacious and well-furnished, and the hostel food and drink prices very reasonable considering the central location.

At first, Rachel was very kind with me because I had no money in cash so she lent me 300 yuan but, then, everything changed. The last day I asked to Rachel if she could repeat to me how to go to the airport and she shouted to me. I live in a very small town where there's no metro so I felt very insecure about this transportation so that's why I asked her to repeat the explanation. I consider that a person who works in tourism have to be prepared to repeat directions to the people.

Thank you so much being with us, Thank you for you still remember Rachel lent you cash. Based on Chinese traditional cultural, we host our guests at City Walls as a friend who visit our home.. Talking about Rachel shouted at you ,we thought it should be a misunderstand with different country background, By the way, we must host all the guests here ,it not seems as your own servant. Specifically when other people was asking at reception, we can not answer your same question many times.Best Wishs

It is in a great location, close to the Forbidden City and many good restaurants. Richard and his family speak English and are very friendly and helpful. They can and will book day tours, make recommendations for great, close restaurants and arrange transportation for you.

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Couple, 41+

Beautiful hostel, amazingly helpful staff, would definitely stay again!

Definitely my fav hostel in Beijing~!!Good location, great staff~!!!

Staff members incredibly helpful. Forbidden City within walking distance. Located in cosy hutong.

• 24th Dec 2014

Really enjoyed staying here. Lucy the receptionist was great in welcoming us and giving us the downlow on Beijing. Top location between the Houhai lake area and Tienanmen square, all walkable. The courtyard area was well set out. Was pretty quiet as we were probably the only ones there but it was winter to be fair.

Very helpful concerned staff. Good food. Nice covered courtyard to meet and converse with fellow travelers. I suggest a more detailed map & directions of how to get there be added to the web as it was very hard to find. Even the taxi drivers would not try to get us there, as the Hutons are not as clear to figure out. It was nice that the proprietor came out to get us and walk us back to the Hostel as we were close, but could not find the way. This was our only complaint. Good hot showers.

• 31st Oct 2014

Nice and cozy. Excellent value for the money. Furthermore, it seems to be a place attacking friendly and talkative people. Be aware that it is not a party hostel, so it is actually possible to get a good nights sleep.