Sitting On The City Walls Courtyard House Reviews

57 NianZi HuTong, JingShanHouJie, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

This hostel is one of the best I've experienced due to the especially helpful staff, spacious dorms, great atmosphere, clean functional bathrooms and plentiful facilities. It was good enough to make me write my first review after staying in dozens of hostels! A great stay.

• 25th Aug 2015

This hostel was in a fantastic location, walking distance to transport & lots of attractions. The best thing about staying here though was the staff. They were so friendly and helpful, and this made the stay comfortable, enjoyable and easy. The communal courtyard was an oasis from the craziness of Beijing, the food was delicious. You won't regret staying here!

• 17th Aug 2015

We had a great time at the Sitting on the City Walls Courtyard House. The staff (Rick in particular) is very friendly and happy to give you suggestions of every type about where to eat, visit and where to go in general. The atmosphere is very relaxing with an indoor garden with several tables where you can stay to read, work or chill out.

The owner, Rick, was very helpful. I only stayed for a night while waiting for my flight but he directed me to sights and restaurants so I was able to see some parts of the lovely city.

• 31st Jul 2015

Really great stay - staff were incredibly helpful, and nothing was too much trouble for them. Also - the dumplings are absolutely delicious, and at 15yen a bowl, you can really eat as many as you want! The bar is also very reasonable, and the beds are comfy.

• 30th Jul 2015

It was a fantatsic stay. The hostel staff was very friendly. The food was very good. It was clean and re leaned even morning. At first we were a little worried about walking through the Hutong but was assured that it was very safe. We never had any problem and always felt safe. The people that lived around it were friendly. It was a good place to stay. I would recommend it. The only issue was it is a little walk from the substation but we got used to it or if we were tired took a $2 taxi ride.

• 7th Jun 2015
  • All Female Group, 41+

Nice little hostel, very well situated. The staff was realy helpful.

it's better to change new bath towel. It's too old

• 13th Mar 2015