Sitting On The City Walls Courtyard House Reviews

57 NianZi HuTong, JingShanHouJie, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

Good wifi, friendly staff. Plenty of places to sit in the common area. Clean facilities. Located about 15-20 min walk to the nearest metro.

brilliant hostel staff were extremley helpfull and spoke fluent english. Good rooms comfortable beds and good food no negatives really ..thanks for a comfortable stay :)

The staff were absolutely wonderful, and the location is amazing. The courtyard was a comfortable retreat, and the room nice and cozy. Even our friends who live in Beijing commented on how nice the hostel is!

My bed could have been a little bit longer, I am 1,90 m

• 4th Jul 2014

Staff are very helpful. Hostel is located in a fantastic location. You won't beat it in Beijing if you want to be near the Hutong area and T Sq. The courtyard is very pleasant and a perfect place to relax after exploring Beijing. Food is great too. My WiFi signal was poor in my room and the door had a padlock on it, but lockers are available for valuable items. Still, I would definitely return!

Location might be a little more difficult to find, but it is definitely worth it. The atmosphere of the place is just amazing. People and staff are very friendly and patient. Provides you with a lot of information, so you will definitely find something to do if you have done little or not research. The common area at night is great! Cool and chill, just a very good atmosphere for people to relax, find somebody to talk or just have a drink. Will definitely recommend this hostel.

The place was a little difficult to find in the beginning, but after you know it you really appreciate the location as it is very close to the main historic places. The atmosphere was great. Overall a very good place.

This hostel is located in one of the best spot possible in Beijing: nearby Tienanmen Square, Forbidden City and Jingshan Garden. Easy to get using public transport (both bus and metro), you can find it in a traditional and amazing HuTong being able to experience the real daily life in Beijing. The place is clean, nicely furnished and the staff is kind and alway available to help you…..plus, they all speak english! Food is super: kindly recommended wonton and noodles.

• 10th Jun 2014

I could not say enough how helpful the staff were. They had everything you need and a great location. I think i did read it was hard to find but we found it. I really liked it had a more authentic feel about being in China which we preferred. Food was really good and the prices were the best we had in China. All the recommendations by the staff were bang on.

I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff were really efficient and ever so helpful and accomodating, especially when it came to helping me make plans and find my way around the city. I really appreciated their friendly assistance. The courtyard is very charming and the location is great.

• 5th Jun 2014

The hostel was in a really nice hutong which was a cool experience, but the hostel lacked basic things that nearly every hostel I've ever stayed in offered for free. What they did offer they would always charge a deposit fee. Not a problem, but kind of annoying. The floors, especially in the bathroom, were dirty. Worse than all of that though was the location. The hostel was terribly hard to find. I speak decent enough Chinese that I was able to ask some of the locals for help.

Thanks being here.U booked 1 night in Dorm, we so confused about your review, is there really such a strange thing to deposit for a safe-box & door e-key in a hostel if u really traveled a lot as mentioned?We offer free local call,bilingual map,Wifi and computer, regularly clean dorm bath every 2 hrs.Talking about difficlult to find here, you didn't follow our trans information on web,it shoule be a challenge for anyone trying to find a new place who get off subway 4 km away.Anyway.Best Wishs

It was so peaceful here, it seemed that no one else was around. The staff provided a great list of things to do and directions of how to get there, some tips and advice and a free city map! I got the single private room, and the bed was very comfortable. Drinks were very cheap here, and it the first hostel in Beijing where the wifi actually worked! The location is a bit far from the subway line, so it took time to get out, but the alley all around felt very safe and the residents friendly!

1 2 Next » last »