Sitting On The City Walls Courtyard House Reviews

57 NianZi HuTong, JingShanHouJie, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

Having read many reviews re numerous hostels in Beijing, we decided to stay at City walls during our time in Beijing. Is it the best? I don't know, but I can recommend it with much confidence and would not mind to return to this jewel in the heart of Beijing. We always felt special and our needs were always met in double-quick time. Whenever we returned after a long day in the sun, it felt like returning home. 'Thumbs up' all the way!

• 8th Aug 2014
  • South Africa
  • Couple, 41+

The directions were really good and as soon as I arrived, I was immediately greeted very warmly by the owner and his front desk girl, I apologize I have forgotten their names. The bed was pretty comfortable and the bathrooms were cleaner then I expected, remember that they are cleaned couple times a day and used almost constantly, but compared to some 3star places I've stayed, these were far superior. The in house menu was alright and reasonably priced for China, I thought. Good trip ideas too!

• 3rd Aug 2014

this is a great little hostel ideally located walking distance form many attractions such as Tiananman Square/Forbidden City and Houhai and Beihai Lakes. We stayed in a Private Twin room and the room was large with a lovely bathroom. Lockers available in the common area for valuables. The common area was large and beautiful but there wasn't much interation amongst other travellers and the area was a bit too quiet a lot of the times. Overall I would recommend but not for meeting other travellers!

1 2 Next » last »