Sitting On The City Walls Courtyard House Reviews

57 NianZi HuTong, JingShanHouJie, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

by far one of the best hostels ive ever stayed in. food was great location was good but above all the staff was excellent went above and beyond to help you in any way they could. thank you guys so much for everything. HIGHLY recommended

Hostel staff were very friendly and helpful. Their travel notes about local transport and suggested tourist circuits were extremely useful, as was the fact that they spoke such good English. Their willingness to assist guests was demonstrated when they arranged for our accidentally left-behind items to be sent to Shanghai. They also booked a restaurant for us and a taxi to the train station. The hostel itself is in a wonderful location, close to the major sights but hidden in a hutong.

• 4th Apr 2014

The hostel is located in the city centre within walking distance of main sights. You have a selection of cheap restaurants nearby too.The staff is friendly and very helpful. They advise you well whenever you have a query. The hostel itself is very clean, comfortable rooms and the breakfast menu is cheap and varied. The only minus point for me was that the internet is slow and it took a while to upload a few pictures.

• 4th Apr 2014

Overall the place was fantastic. Great service from the staff, all of them which spoke decent English, which helped out a lot going to Beijing for the first time. The room was neat and clean, basic, but was exactly what we're were looking for since most of the time we went out traveling around the city. The hostel felt secured, with a key and padlock for our door when we left and a keycard to make the front door to the place open like magic. Happen with the stay and would definitely recommend it

• 4th Apr 2014

I was really nervous about staying in a hostel. But I was so glad that I chose this hostel to stay at. The location is so close to public transportation and tourist sights that it was almost impossible to turn down. The employees were really kind and helpful with everything from giving directions to offering tours. They give you a free map and even recommendations for what to see and to better plan your stay. I was worried when I found the neighborhood, but it's actually a very safe place.

• 3rd Apr 2014

I absolutely loved this hostel. The 8 bed dorm is two stories and has two toilets and two sinks - very convienent!! Although it took me a bit to find it, I was able to walk to the Forbidden City, Wangfujing shopping street and night market, and almost any other attraction in the city. There are also quite a few bus stops nearby and a metro station is about a 15 minute walk. City walls is one of the best hostels I stay in and 100% recommend it!

We stayed in a private twin room for two nights. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. No frills, but that's not what we were interested in. Our room was off of the courtyard common area and had a window open to the area. It didn't seem to be a party hostel so this wasn't a problem for our stay. We arrived around 10 pm at night so finding the hostel in the dark wasn't super easy, but doable. I would recommend maybe just getting a taxi if it's late.

• 28th Mar 2014

This hostel is one of the best I have ever stayed in. The location and setup around the inner courtyard makes it a relaxing place to stay and the overall setting “situated in a Hutong” gives a sense of community which enhances the social atmosphere. Nevertheless the staff of the City Walls Hostel is very nice and always there to help you. The only thing you have to keep in mind is that you only get have a small locker for the most valuable personal belongings, so you can’t put your whole backpac

• 25th Mar 2014

A really nice place with great people! Good English knowledge and good tips. A real pleasure!

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Belgium

Staff was very good in english. They gave us advice and directions going around Beijing. We had a great stay. The ambiance is good, it feels like home. They always clean our room when we leave.

Really great hostel. Very warm and mellow, a great place to unwind after a day of sightseeing. Central location, quick walk to Forbidden City/Tiananmen Square, subway, and several parks. Awesome covered courtyard, great place to hang out and have a beer (only 4 yuan a bottle!) or some tea. Hostel staff was very helpful; they arranged our Great Wall trip, offered many suggestions for food and other sights, and even arranged taxis to take us to the airport when we left early in the morning.

Really cool hostel tucked away from the hustle of Beijing, feels like youre staying in an old style chinese house/temple but with all the mod-cons. Great location if youre looking to stay near the forbidden city, jing shan park, hutongs, or drum tower/bell tower. Staff gave me one of the best city introductions in terms of transport and attractions. Beds and bathrooms are comfortable, restaurant has good & cheap eats and drinks. Only suggestion would be they should provide soap in the bathrooms.

I had a great time. The staff at the City Walls were so friendlyand helpful.

1 2 Next » last »