Sitting On The City Walls Courtyard House Reviews

57 NianZi HuTong, JingShanHouJie, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

Staff are very friendly and helpful, and speak good English. The room was fine and had good heating.

I had an amazing stay at your hostel and will be recommending it to anyone that is going to Beijing. I may even be back! I would suggest better or bigger signs pointing towards the hostel from the main street. Also, at least one towel come with the room would be amazing! Thank you!

• 24th Oct 2015

This is such a lovely hostel. It is right in the centre of everything - literally on top of the Forbidden City! No wifi and it's hard to find unless you understand hutongs. However I would definitely recommend especially as a single traveller on my own. The staff were so kind and literary perfect location for travellers in Beijing!

Perfectly located and quaint hostel - the owner is extremely helpful and though I was able to use Chinese with him and his wife, their English sounded pretty good when assisting other guests. City Walls also has a fantastic rate for going out to Jinshanling for the Great Wall, as compared to what other people paid that were on my shuttle bus. I highly recommend this hostel and will definitely be booking again when I go back to Beijing.

Rick and his wife were extremely outstanding in terms of city knowledge, availability and general friendly service. The hostel was unique and the courtyard amazing to spend time in. Only complaint - the cleanliness of the floor in my room which could have used a good sweep/vacuum. Despite daily 'room service' to make my bed (which was awesome) they failed to sweep up the paint chips, dirt and other particles hanging around on the floor it made me leery about leaving my bags on the ground.

I used this hostel as a slightly more expensive layover point to start my backpacking trip around Asia. The owner was amazingly welcoming and helpful (rare for Asia), he offered a very detailed document with a list of attractions to see within Beijing and in what order. This was a great addition. The hostel itself was very clean, the food was yummy, the location unique and the decorations very Chinese based. My only minor complaint was that it was relatively difficult to meet fellow backpackers.

The staff was incredible! They were very helpful, spoke perfect english and were very nice people.

Favorite hostel of three great hostels because of the staff (in particular, Rick). Rick is a very kind and helpful person, and helped us organize and make the most of our two days in Beijing. The location of this place is very good (close to Forbidden City and bar scene), and the inside of the hostel is pretty cool. Definitely coming back here if I ever want to come back to Beijing.

The owner-manager was very helpful, informative and polite, nothing being to much trouble. Breakfast was good and you could get a pot of coffee. Nice relaxed atmosphere, great location within walking distance of the forbidden city and tianeman square. Lots of places to eat nearby and in the hutong, and felt safe walking in the area at night. Went on the tour of the wall, the mutianyu section, which was fantastic - its worth choosing a clear day, as the views are spectacular. Great place.

My wife and I stayed at the city walls property for 4 days whilst exploring Beijing for the first time. We couldn't have been more impressed with this very quaint hostel and it exceeded our expectations from the moment we checked in we were given a complete thorough low down on all the information we needed to know. The hostel is in an excellent location only 500m from forbidden city and other popular tourist spots. The room and surrounding areas were very clean and the staff friendly. Thank you

• 6th Sep 2015

A nice easy going atmosphere, very good prices for food and drink and a very good location. The owner rick is very helpful and the price for trip to the great wall is also competitive. I think the shower and toilet definately needs a bit of updating,and the outer door doesn't appear to lock which could be embarassing. Also the fact that another room had to go through our dorm to enter or exit or use the shower isnt ideal. Overall its good, but given other places think its a bit overpriced

Dear sir: Thank you for your comments. Maybe only one night staying was not enough time for you to make sense about 8-bed dorm .it is divided into three sections, two are 4-bed room, and the third is a washing area (2 toilets, 2 sinks ,1 shower, all can be locked separately ) . That is not “another room had to go through our dorm” and “toilet outer door doesn't appear to lock”. Welcome back again and any questions don’t hesitate to ask us. City Walls

This hostel is one of the best I've experienced due to the especially helpful staff, spacious dorms, great atmosphere, clean functional bathrooms and plentiful facilities. It was good enough to make me write my first review after staying in dozens of hostels! A great stay.

Not much atmosphere but hostel was okay. Stuff is motivated and tries to help.

This hostel was in a fantastic location, walking distance to transport & lots of attractions. The best thing about staying here though was the staff. They were so friendly and helpful, and this made the stay comfortable, enjoyable and easy. The communal courtyard was an oasis from the craziness of Beijing, the food was delicious. You won't regret staying here!

1 2 Next » last »