St Kilda Beach House @ Hotel Barkly Reviews

109 Barkly Street, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

I really like the barkly! Most people work full time as it's a dry hostel but that's ok. I spent a lot oftime in the TV Room or in the bar downstairs. The staff are nice and free breakfast was nice as I'm on a budget! Thanks, I had a nice time!

• 29th Jun 2015

Thanks for your review, we appreciate it. Have a wonderful trip!

We stayed in an 8 bed dorm and I was surprised that all the rooms have their own bathroom, which look pretty new actually. Housekeeping came in everyday,a bit early for me but then I suppose with 8 people in a room, you need to keep it clean. Trivia on Monday was fun and we both got free t-shirts for staying over a week which was a bonus. The heater in our room was helpful with the weather and the beds were relatively comfortable. I'd stay again if I came back to St Kilda!

• 29th Jun 2015

Thanks for your review, we love our ensuites and the fact that we have heating/cooling in every room. We keep a high focus on housekeeping and we're glad you noticed! Thanks guys, have a wonderful trip.

Disgusting and creepy

Very wird hostel .. The cleaner broke my guitar and i found it on the floor .. The sink in the room was broken .. Like stuck .. We tell the fact to the recepition and nobody try To fi it.. Never Again in my life

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, I apologise for the delay in maintenance, I assure you the problem has now been fixed. In regards to your guitar, we do have storage space allocated for valuables - did you see Housekeeping or your room mates move or damage your belongings? If so, please feel free to contact management directly at anytime.

Very lousy hostel. If you are not a drunk British you won't have any fun Or sleep Don't take room 108 !! An absolutely mess No sleep , drunk people Location is horribly. Far away from everything

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are a 5 minute walk from the main streets of St Kilda and a 10 minute walk to the beach. As stated online, we are a 20 minute tram ride from the CBD and I apologise if this affected your stay. We do have staff on hand 24 hours a day to assist in any way and we do enforce our no drinking policy as much as possible, security is a high priority and we wish everyone to have a comfortable stay!