St Kilda Beach House @ Hotel Barkly Reviews

109 Barkly Street, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

I really like the barkly! Most people work full time as it's a dry hostel but that's ok. I spent a lot oftime in the TV Room or in the bar downstairs. The staff are nice and free breakfast was nice as I'm on a budget! Thanks, I had a nice time!

• 29th Jun 2015

Thanks for your review, we appreciate it. Have a wonderful trip!

We stayed in an 8 bed dorm and I was surprised that all the rooms have their own bathroom, which look pretty new actually. Housekeeping came in everyday,a bit early for me but then I suppose with 8 people in a room, you need to keep it clean. Trivia on Monday was fun and we both got free t-shirts for staying over a week which was a bonus. The heater in our room was helpful with the weather and the beds were relatively comfortable. I'd stay again if I came back to St Kilda!

• 29th Jun 2015

Thanks for your review, we love our ensuites and the fact that we have heating/cooling in every room. We keep a high focus on housekeeping and we're glad you noticed! Thanks guys, have a wonderful trip.

Disgusting and creepy

Very wird hostel .. The cleaner broke my guitar and i found it on the floor .. The sink in the room was broken .. Like stuck .. We tell the fact to the recepition and nobody try To fi it.. Never Again in my life

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay, I apologise for the delay in maintenance, I assure you the problem has now been fixed. In regards to your guitar, we do have storage space allocated for valuables - did you see Housekeeping or your room mates move or damage your belongings? If so, please feel free to contact management directly at anytime.

Very lousy hostel. If you are not a drunk British you won't have any fun Or sleep Don't take room 108 !! An absolutely mess No sleep , drunk people Location is horribly. Far away from everything

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are a 5 minute walk from the main streets of St Kilda and a 10 minute walk to the beach. As stated online, we are a 20 minute tram ride from the CBD and I apologise if this affected your stay. We do have staff on hand 24 hours a day to assist in any way and we do enforce our no drinking policy as much as possible, security is a high priority and we wish everyone to have a comfortable stay!

Great stay at St. Kilda. Our room was very dark and there was barely any lighting in the hallways/ bathrooms but overall positive experience.

• 1st Apr 2015

Thanks very much for your feedback, I've passed on your comments to management and our maintenance team. We hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!

Based above a proper dirty bar, with p*ssed up locals wandering around the front. 10 minute walk to tram and then 20MIN tramride (outside of free zone) into city centre. Girls on reception were excruciatingly rude. They seemed to be really matey with a few patrons who'd been staying there a while and then just came across as belligerent to everybody else. You can find much cheaper, much nicer hostels in Melbourne. Also OTT charges for WIFI. No value for money, very cliquey, very noisey. Awful.

• 28th Mar 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Apologies for your unpleasant stay, we do state online that our WI-fi comes at a charge and that we are an entertainment venue. Directions for the hostel do include a 10 minute walk form the tram stop - please be assured your comments have been passed on to management. Happy travels!

Staff is friendly, location is fine (if you're happy to be in St. Kilda). The beds themselves are plastic and make the worst noise but the rooms are clean and the bathrooms is ensuite, which is nice unless everyone in the room is getting ready at the same time. Rooftop bar is hopping so if you want sleep stay on the lower floors. Free breakfast in the restaraunt downstairs, basic but nice.

Thank you for your review, Happy and safe travels!

Good hostel in St.Kilda If you love beach, you can go to St.Kilda beach in 15 min by walk. at this room,it has own bathroom. it's very convenient. highly recommmend

Thanks very much for your comments, we're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Happy traveling!

i've been to much worse places, but especially the kitchen is simply a disgusting mess. the rooms are alright though (i liked the fact that bathrooms are in the rooms). the best thing about his place are the people you meet there: warm, welcoming, well chilled and party-orientated.

• 6th Feb 2015
  • Austria

Thank you for your feedback, please be assured we do all we can to keep the kitchen clean - 2 of our lovely backpackers clean it twice a day. We're glad you enjoyed the company of our guests, we like them too! Happy travels.