Stayinn Barefoot Condesa Reviews

Juan escutia 125 corner zamora, Col Condesa, Mexico City, Mexico

Hostel was weird... location was in a trendy neighborhood but more or less was still a long walk from the neat part. Meanwhile, the staff was pretty unhelpful (and had poor english proficiency) and the place overall was very strange. Bunk beds are way up in the air, higher than I've ever seen, and with no guardrails. Rooms face center atrium that can get very loud. Finishes are neat but weird and worn; on the plus side the shower was hot.

The dorm's dir was hard to unlock, so most of the time we left it open and Kitchen is badly equipped so only one group can cook at the time:( The mexican breakfast is cooked by the employees with daily variation

Breakfast left much to be desired (there was no milk left when I went to get cereal, coffee was served lukewarm from a juice jug, etc.) but I've come to expect that from Mexico City hostels at this point. Otherwise, great location, great price, lots of cool people, and VERY comfortable beds. Probably the most comfy hostel beds I've ever slept in.

Amazing location and people!!

Lovely clean hostel with a good location. Staff were unhelpful and downright rude at times which was disappointing but the hostel itself is lovely and breakfast is included which is always a plus

Top bunks ridiculously high

The hostel isn't so new and modern as the website shows. That kind brings down your expectation. Also, the beds probably didn't receive new sheets once a person left and another came in, as they don't keep track of who is using the bed. In the kitchen, there was no dish detergent to wash the dishes you used and the sponge that was there had a bad smell. I have chosen room only with woman and I had to share it with a men. Gotta pay attention to details. Overall was good.

• 8th Jul 2014

Loved the hostel. The location is super convenient and the place has a really nice vibe to it. The rooms were nice and clean, although the room with less beds was a lot less noisy than the one next to the street with too many beds in one dorm. The breakfast is okay, but not the best - same goes for the kitchen. The staff are really helpful and there are different places in the hostel to hang out and have a beer at night (also a terrace that I was not able to use because of the weather).

This place was really cool! Building is amazing and common area excellent! Of all the hostels I've stayed in, I've never seen rooms so nice. The location is great for walking thru Condesa and Roma and I would stay here again. Staff isn't very friendly, but tolerable. Only sad thing, I left my leather jacket in the room when checking out and the staff stole it. I emailed them asking to hold it and of course was told it wasn't there. Oh well, its Mexico.