Templeside Deluxe Hutong House Reviews

No.2, Bai Ta Xiang ( inside An Ping Alley), Zhao Deng Yu Road, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

Satisfied in hardware, big beds & spacious dorm. Only one thing unsatisfied is the wording of a male staff is really unfriendly... anyway, to keep myself a nice journey, don't expect that much on their manner, or they will drive you nuts.

The Guesthouse is really cool. It's more of a hostel than hotel in my opinion. Check the pics. Hotels don't normally have ping pong tables, books and bikes to be borrowed. The staff is very nice. Bobby and his wife are very helpful as are all the girls working the desk (including Gracie; a previous review gave her bad marks so maybe they coached her. She was pretty awesome when I got there.)

• 9th Dec 2012

One of the best hostel I ve been, but expensive for my budget.

• 1st Oct 2012
  • Argentina

Great place in well inside calm Beijing Hutong area, all 1st floor, therefore very calm (terasse on the roof much louder - you hear the sounds of the larger streets there). Very nice and interesting experience to live like this in such a Mega City as Beijing. By bicycle easy to reach major subway stations beneath, also nice shops and lots of many good restaurants very nearby. Bicycle rent at Fungzhumen subway for 20 Yuan per day. (I hope I wrote it correctly - on line 2).

really happy to stay in this place, which is absolutely amazing! nice people, friendly neighborhood, significant hutong and staff. Our children love it so much, we will definitely come back and highly recommended. For people who want to see local Chinese life, it is the best choice, i think

• 7th Aug 2012

Really nice atmosphere. Rooms were very clean. It is a quite high class boutique hotel. I like the very Chinese style furnitures and owner's collection antique. the bathroom are very clean, hot water is the best. Staff was an awesome receptionist and very helpful! Bit of an awkward location for cab drivers to find, be sure to print out a map before hand and have the Hutong's phone number handy! They also do pickup service, considering Beijing taxi shortage that is a worth .

• 5th Aug 2012

Stayin ing Templeside Deluxe House for 2 nights may be the high light of my whole china trip. I always think, making local friends, know as much as possible about local people's life and mind, are the most interesting and important part of travelling. If people only spend several days seeing the palaces, touristy sites, temples, the trip will be quite hollow. now, I got it through staying in Templeside Hutong. Thanks, buddies!

• 31st Jan 2012

We had a great time staying at the Templeside hostel. The location in the hutong is very interesting to discover this very interesting facet of Beijing that are the hutong area. Highly recommended location for a hutong experience. The staff is very helpful and the dumpling cooking class is a must !

• 11th Aug 2011

The staff were very freindly and helpful. They were always prepared to go the extra mile to help us out. Staying in th emiddle of a hutong was certainly memorable.

I really enjoyed my 1-week stay at the Templeside Deluxe Hutong House. Bobby, his wife and the staff really made everyone felt at home. We all enjoyed the free dumpling dinner that was offered to all the guests. The hostel is very clean and the location is close to the subway and many bus routes. The hutong where the hostel is located is not too far from the center of Beijing and very safe, albeit a bit dark at night. Staff was extremelly helpful and can assist you getting train and show tickets and book to

Great hostel! Great helpfull staff, the hostel is close to the main attractions of the city, in a typical chinese place called "hutong", where you can really experience how chinese people live. We really enjoyed it!

Great place to stay in an old original Hutong-house located quite central (for Beijing...). Staff was nice, could have been a little bit cleaner in the bathroom, but it was absolutely ok. In the rooms the furniture was pretty chinese one, nicely decorated by someone whit dedication. Nice courtyard with rooftop where you could spend the evening with a beer or two. I would defiitely go there again!

It really is a deluxe guest house. The place is clean and the staff is very nice and helpful. With only 5 dorm beds and the rest privates, it might not be the best place for meeting other solo travellers, but I still had a great time with the few I actually met. Location is not bad - Right in a really cool Hutong, not that far the metro and 20 minutes walk from the Forbidden city. The only real con was the lack of security lockers in the dorm, but it felt rather secure anyway.

Bobby and staff provided us with a warm welcome, good company, interesting conversation, and efficent personalized service and travel plans. When we arrived a day later than expected and our daughter was worried, Bobby worried with her and made sure she conected with us whae we arrived. Rick and Pat

Very Professional staff, with good information ready to deliver clearly. I definatelly will recommend it and come back.

Awesome place to stay, highly recommended. Walking out into the courtyard every morning made our day. The hutong here are much more ``real`` feeling than some of the fancified ones near Tianamen. Walking around them, or strolling to the White Dagoba temple (basically next door, ask Bobby about the shortcut) is charming. It is theoretically walking distance to the Forbidden city, etc but mostly a taxi (dirt cheap) or the subway (almost free (Y2), has English signs) will be needed.

to be recomended.Very friendly and warmy.

if booking the great wall walk. lunch is late so bring something to snack on. 7 am is the pick up time but be ready early as they got here at 6.30a m . Great tour and tiring... Hostel was good to stay at. beds a bit hard. friendly nice stuff.

This was the perfect way to get a hutong experience which was exactly what we wanted after a few days in Beijing. You really appreciate things differently after exploring the hutong & it is essential to really understanding the people of the capital city. The staff were helpful and friendly & I would truly recommend staying here or one of their other hutong hostels!

Nice hostel except for the location. It is quite far from the city centre. The private rooms are excellent, but the room for 5 people is not nearly as good. We had to share the toilet with some of the staff and the pickup service to the airport is very expensive. Also, the rooms are quite expensive given the location of the hostel. Some of the staff were very helpful and the hostel is very nice decorated.

Thank you for your feedback. Pls notice the 5 bed dorm is with shard bathroom not private bathroom. About the location, the house is actually in the city center, only 30 mins walking to Forbidden city. Considering the 4 star + facilities and service , the room rate is reasonable and good value for proper guests.

« first « Prev 1 2 3