Templeside Deluxe Hutong House Reviews

No.2, Bai Ta Xiang ( inside An Ping Alley), Zhao Deng Yu Road, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

I travelled with my friend and it is my second time staying at temple side hostel. Although the first time was like 5 years ago (or more) I think every time I visit Beijing I will chose to stay there.

Great place to stay, real value for money. The only remark is that there was a bit of a funky smell in the central courtyard, but none of that was noticable in the rooms. Great place, I would recommend!

• 20th Nov 2015
  • Belgium

Nice place in a traditional Hutong. We had a hole apartment for us. Only one comment to make : it was freezing cold and they wouldn't put the heater. I this the building is very bad isolated, a must be very hot in summer and very cold in winter....

• 28th Oct 2015

A very atmospheric and restful hostel, with its rooms surrounding a central courtyard, as I understand many of the larger hutong houses are built. However, its location poses difficulties: it lies twenty minutes walking between two metro stations and, like many other hutong hostels, is not easily found at first.

Excellent hotel. Few rooms are available but are all well managed. Excellent staff, highly cooperative and helpful and can communicate with English language.

• 25th Oct 2015
  • India

Very nice courtyard. Room and toilet were clean. Beds were very comfortable. Owner is very nice. It was not easy to find the courtyard. Metro station is 10-15 muns walk through the hutong. Many food stalls and mini markets just outside the courtyard. Enjoyed our stay. Highly recommend.

Fine place to stay!

Lovely authentic atmosphere with friendly staff. Definitely a "deluxe" place to stay in this area of Beijing.

• 23rd Aug 2015

thank you for your comments. wish you all the best.

Satisfied in hardware, big beds & spacious dorm. Only one thing unsatisfied is the wording of a male staff is really unfriendly... anyway, to keep myself a nice journey, don't expect that much on their manner, or they will drive you nuts.

The Guesthouse is really cool. It's more of a hostel than hotel in my opinion. Check the pics. Hotels don't normally have ping pong tables, books and bikes to be borrowed. The staff is very nice. Bobby and his wife are very helpful as are all the girls working the desk (including Gracie; a previous review gave her bad marks so maybe they coached her. She was pretty awesome when I got there.)

• 9th Dec 2012

One of the best hostel I ve been, but expensive for my budget.

• 1st Oct 2012
  • Argentina

Great place in well inside calm Beijing Hutong area, all 1st floor, therefore very calm (terasse on the roof much louder - you hear the sounds of the larger streets there). Very nice and interesting experience to live like this in such a Mega City as Beijing. By bicycle easy to reach major subway stations beneath, also nice shops and lots of many good restaurants very nearby. Bicycle rent at Fungzhumen subway for 20 Yuan per day. (I hope I wrote it correctly - on line 2).

really happy to stay in this place, which is absolutely amazing! nice people, friendly neighborhood, significant hutong and staff. Our children love it so much, we will definitely come back and highly recommended. For people who want to see local Chinese life, it is the best choice, i think

• 7th Aug 2012

Really nice atmosphere. Rooms were very clean. It is a quite high class boutique hotel. I like the very Chinese style furnitures and owner's collection antique. the bathroom are very clean, hot water is the best. Staff was an awesome receptionist and very helpful! Bit of an awkward location for cab drivers to find, be sure to print out a map before hand and have the Hutong's phone number handy! They also do pickup service, considering Beijing taxi shortage that is a worth .

• 5th Aug 2012

Stayin ing Templeside Deluxe House for 2 nights may be the high light of my whole china trip. I always think, making local friends, know as much as possible about local people's life and mind, are the most interesting and important part of travelling. If people only spend several days seeing the palaces, touristy sites, temples, the trip will be quite hollow. now, I got it through staying in Templeside Hutong. Thanks, buddies!

• 31st Jan 2012

We had a great time staying at the Templeside hostel. The location in the hutong is very interesting to discover this very interesting facet of Beijing that are the hutong area. Highly recommended location for a hutong experience. The staff is very helpful and the dumpling cooking class is a must !

• 11th Aug 2011

The staff were very freindly and helpful. They were always prepared to go the extra mile to help us out. Staying in th emiddle of a hutong was certainly memorable.

I really enjoyed my 1-week stay at the Templeside Deluxe Hutong House. Bobby, his wife and the staff really made everyone felt at home. We all enjoyed the free dumpling dinner that was offered to all the guests. The hostel is very clean and the location is close to the subway and many bus routes. The hutong where the hostel is located is not too far from the center of Beijing and very safe, albeit a bit dark at night. Staff was extremelly helpful and can assist you getting train and show tickets and book to

Great hostel! Great helpfull staff, the hostel is close to the main attractions of the city, in a typical chinese place called "hutong", where you can really experience how chinese people live. We really enjoyed it!

Great place to stay in an old original Hutong-house located quite central (for Beijing...). Staff was nice, could have been a little bit cleaner in the bathroom, but it was absolutely ok. In the rooms the furniture was pretty chinese one, nicely decorated by someone whit dedication. Nice courtyard with rooftop where you could spend the evening with a beer or two. I would defiitely go there again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3