The Beach Village Backpackers Reviews

100/5 Moo 1, Baan Tai Beach, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Having a pool made such a difference, food menu at the restaurant had good variety and not too expensive, good atmosphere before nights out in haad rin. Wish we had paid more for a room with AC as the ceiling fan doesn't cut it. Rooms could have been cleaner, the bathroom was very basic but enough to get by. Was advertised as having an on site club although this wasn't open at all despite the hostel being full due to the full moon party which was a shame. The stray dogs are cute if you like dogs

• 27th Aug 2015

We had booked a private triple room with A/C and when we arrived we were told we had to go in a fan room for 3 nights and the remainder 2 nights would be with A/C. Bit disappointed, especially as two of us had horrendous food poisoning after eating the massaman curry in your restaurant..the reaction to this was also very poor!

• 25th Aug 2015

Hi, I have doubled checked your booking, as the office have assured me they did at the time, and your booking was for a fan room, but the girls in the office upgraded you to an air conditioned room for two nights for no charge to apologise for the confusion, even though the fault was not ours! I am sorry to hear that you were ill, are you sure it was it was our food as we had no other complaints from the Massaman?! Regardless I will talk to the staff about this. We wish you safe onward travels.

Worst hotel ever. Holes in The walls, weird smell in our room, stains on The curtains. Don't go here.

We are so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay at our hostel, had you raised any issues with us we would have done our best to resolve them to make your stay with us more enjoyable. Our number one priority is our guest's satisfaction, but we cannot act on any problems if we are not told at the time! We hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Thailand.

Best hostel I have stayed at in Thailand! The staff were the most friendly and helpful I have met on my trip.

• 20th Aug 2015

Staff were friendly and helpful

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are pleased that you found our staff to be both friendly and helpful. From all here at The Beach Village we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Friendly staff, great pool, good location. Really comfy king size bed in my bungalow. Shame I only got to stay one night as I was at the end of my trip. Very pleasant stay thank you

Thank you very for the taking the time to write us a review, and such a positive one at that. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our facilities such as our pool. I will also pass on your kind words to the staff!

Quite expensive but its fine

It's a great hostel with a good athmosphere but very far from haadrin beach but the hostel Offers great taxi service during full moon

• 30th Jul 2015

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are about 15 minutes away from Haadrin, but as you say, we have multiple taxi's that can get you anywhere on the island. From all here at The Beach Village we wish you well on your further travels.

Nice staff, great food and good facilities. Room was not secure though and with only a fan, windows that didn't shut fully, next to stagnant water, a plant growing by my bed, so not much sleep!

Good social areas, the food was amazing. Nice friendly staff. A lot of love for the bar man JJ. Our room was a great location- right in front of the pool, but needed a lick of paint and a more powerful shower.

• 29th Jul 2015

Thank you for leaving a review, and we will look into your suggestions, it is always helpful to know what we can do to improve our guest's stay! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food and the facilities, and I will pass your words on to Jay J!

The hostel is just awesome! It's more like a resort. I woke up still very drunk after the full moon party and the staff had an incredible ability to understand what I needed: check out, deposit money, taxi. They're amazing! The facilities are beyond perfect (pool, kayak, ping pong, scooter, activities, etc) and really good food. Definitely worth it! You'll meet awesome people and they have 4 different Wi-Fi :)

Thank you for your glowing review! Don't worry you are not the first person to be slightly delicate the morning after Full Moon, we are very used to it here! I will pass your kind words on to the girls in office. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and found our facilities to your liking, we try to ensure our guests have as much fun as possible!

Nothing to complain about. The food was really good and the staff was nice. I had 10 bath too short for a drink and they still gave it to me.. The rooms are clean and with airconditioning and the swimming pool isna oerfect place to chill out and and drink. Definitly going back to this hostel

• 29th Jul 2015

Thank you for your positive review! We are glad that you enjoyed our food as well as the other facilities that we have to offer.. I am pleased that you got your drink! From all here at The Beach Village we wish you well on your travels and would love to welcome you back.

Rooms need mosquito net.

Awesome place to stay during full moon. It's not at haad rin beach but taxi will only cost you 100baht & the hostel has ones going hourly the night of. Pool was awesome, good food, right on the beach & we met some awesome people in the dorms! Lockers to put your valuables in. Big supermarket 5min away for cheap food & alcohol. Highly recommend.

Great value and staff were very helpful and friendly

• 23rd Jun 2015

Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to review our hostel, we are glad that you found our staff helpful and friendly! We try to price our accommodation competitively, and are happy that you found this to be the case. From all here at The Beach Village please enjoy your travels.

One of the best hostel experiences I've ever had. Large and comfortable beds, great air condition, and lots of food options available. Couldn't say nicer things of the staff! Josh the manager was a super cool and helpful guy, Guy the bartender was always smiling and making everyone laugh (also nice and drunk with his Phangan Special), and Tommy was one of the nicest guys I've ever met plus he makes a mean burger! I'll definitely be back!

Went in the off season so barely anyone there. Asked for a dorm and got put in a private room with a random guy. Would have been fine but got locked out and only had the key for one of the locks Food good Clean and air con good, but no sheet or towel

I had a fantastic time here, thank you for making it a comfortable, easy and enjoyable experience for my wife and I. It's a place that can be enjoyed by all ages, especially those looking to find their youthful side again ha.

• 20th May 2015

This hostel is brilliant, it's generally has everything you want and more. I had some wicked nights here and would recommend to all.

• 20th May 2015

I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E. This is truly the hostel to stay at when your stay on Koh Phangan. The rooms are clean, staff are so friendly and welcoming, the place has it's own nightlife in the hostel. It's practically mini resort. I felt extremely safe here and it's great value for money. They have lovely on resort dogs who are clearly taken care for and loved dearly. Try and get a room with a sea view, that's what we had and it was a view I won't forget!