The Beach Village Backpackers Reviews

100/5 Moo 1, Baan Tai Beach, Koh Phangan, Thailand

Perfect hostel to meet new people, really nice social area with 1 beach bar and a bar/restaurant in the hostel. The dorms are basic but perfect for backpackers. Only down side is that the showers are not great, some just let out a small dribble of water! And it is a little pricey but ok considering prices around the full moon party.

Staff were amazingly helpful as had to change a lot of plans because of stormy weather but Nanna at reception sorted every problem that we had ! Top place can't wait to go back there

I thought it was quite expensive, but that's 'cause we stayed at the busiest period. We had our washing done here and an entire bag of it went missing, I went to reception 2 days after we checked out and asked for it and no one knew anything, I returned a week later and it had miraculously showed up- I was extremely pleased about it, but disappointed that they didn't phone or email me to let me know, I had to go ask. It's a nice part going crowd and we met some cool people

I stayed in a private room for new year full moon party. The hostel was really good with a nice pool and a really nice beach. You do have to stay a minimum of 7 nights and they don't clean the rooms in that time and so the sand does build up in the bed!

Brilliant hostel for the price, it's more like a resort, it has two bars and a restaurant, it's got a good size clean pool overlooking the beach with plenty of sun loungers, the beach front also has wooden seats and beds. Rooms are cleaned when asked and the place is clean in general. Had a 3 bed bungalow and would definitely recommend and stay here again !

In more than 15 years travelling worldwide this hostel is definitely in my top 3 of crappy places.dorms...they can't be more basic and unclean, just 4 walls and a door never locked(even if you pay a 500b key deposit), you want a blanket??300b deposit! u want a towel??300b deposit!!toilets and showers...however there is water or not they are so dirty disgusting that it's better to wash yourself in the sea! and all this for more money than a beach bungalow somewhere else!boycott this place!

• 23rd Dec 2015

Absolutely loved my stay at Beach Village Backpackers!! The staff in reception are absolutely lovely, so helpful and kind. Couldn't fault them! The bungalows are clean and beds are super comfy. Air con in the room is great too. The food is really nice, both Thai and western. Great little resort, I would definitely stay here again!

Good social area to meet people and right on the beach. Could maybe do with a vending machine for water after hours

The bathroom was dirty all the time. The others services are ok, the hostel is very fun near the full moon party.

Right on the beach so nice, but was pretty dirty. Not very atmospheric when I was there but maybe that's because of low season

Hi Kitty, thank you for choosing to stay with us, and for leaving a review. I am sorry to hear that you found parts of the resort dirty, if there is anything you were unhappy with we would have done our best to resolve the issue! Unfortunately it is low season now so the whole island is quiet! We'd love to see you back during the high season!

Having a pool made such a difference, food menu at the restaurant had good variety and not too expensive, good atmosphere before nights out in haad rin. Wish we had paid more for a room with AC as the ceiling fan doesn't cut it. Rooms could have been cleaner, the bathroom was very basic but enough to get by. Was advertised as having an on site club although this wasn't open at all despite the hostel being full due to the full moon party which was a shame. The stray dogs are cute if you like dogs

We had booked a private triple room with A/C and when we arrived we were told we had to go in a fan room for 3 nights and the remainder 2 nights would be with A/C. Bit disappointed, especially as two of us had horrendous food poisoning after eating the massaman curry in your restaurant..the reaction to this was also very poor!

• 25th Aug 2015

Hi, I have doubled checked your booking, as the office have assured me they did at the time, and your booking was for a fan room, but the girls in the office upgraded you to an air conditioned room for two nights for no charge to apologise for the confusion, even though the fault was not ours! I am sorry to hear that you were ill, are you sure it was it was our food as we had no other complaints from the Massaman?! Regardless I will talk to the staff about this. We wish you safe onward travels.

Worst hotel ever. Holes in The walls, weird smell in our room, stains on The curtains. Don't go here.

We are so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing stay at our hostel, had you raised any issues with us we would have done our best to resolve them to make your stay with us more enjoyable. Our number one priority is our guest's satisfaction, but we cannot act on any problems if we are not told at the time! We hope you enjoy the rest of your time in Thailand.

Best hostel I have stayed at in Thailand! The staff were the most friendly and helpful I have met on my trip.

• 20th Aug 2015

Staff were friendly and helpful

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are pleased that you found our staff to be both friendly and helpful. From all here at The Beach Village we hope you enjoy the rest of your travels.

Friendly staff, great pool, good location. Really comfy king size bed in my bungalow. Shame I only got to stay one night as I was at the end of my trip. Very pleasant stay thank you

Thank you very for the taking the time to write us a review, and such a positive one at that. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our facilities such as our pool. I will also pass on your kind words to the staff!