The Beach Village Backpackers

Very Good 188 Total Reviews
Very Good 188 Total Reviews

• England, Male, 18-24
9th Feb 2017

Great place to stay, close to thongsala! Away from the busyness of Haad Rin but easy to get to there also! The scooters for hire are brilliant and modern and best way to see the island! The bar was great the pool was lovely and we had a small private villa which was just right apart from the cold shower but who needs that on koh phangan:) great place to stay!

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
8th Jan 2017

loved it at beach village! On the beach and the pool was so nice and always clean. They arrange taxis for guests (for a small fee) to lots of parties like full moon and jungle party but the hostel itself is a nice place to chill and get over a hangover. The bean bags were great too! Only downsides are your bed gets really sandy as the sheets don't get changed and the pool is open to the public for 100baht so we had a naked 2 year old screaming and running around. Would be nice if it was private.

• taco2408
  • Wales, Male, 25-30
28th Dec 2016
2.3

This was the worst hostel stay of my life. There are no mirrors in the bedroom, convient plug sockets or lockers. They dont provide you with a blanket/quilt. There was thefts in my dorm and the owner came into my room with police and lied to me accusing me of being the theif, said they had video evidence of me and was interogating me and making me out to be a criminal. He finally believed me as i was innocent but i had no apology and no one else in the room was questioned like i was.

• England, Female, 18-24
27th Dec 2016
6.6

Stayed here for 7 nights over New Year's Eve. There was no wifi in the dorm and no blanket on the bed, despite the air con being freezing! You had to pay for the blanket as well as 300baht deposit for a towel and 500baht for the key deposit! Staff working in the restaurant were moody and asked me to pay twice for my breakfast, claiming I hadn't paid! If the pool/bar/beach wasn't part of it then it would've been awful. The people were lovely though so it didn't ruin my time

• England, Couple, 18-24
24th Dec 2016
5.1

We booked a twin private to be shown to a shack no hot water plastic pillows and ant infestation for £25 a night we complained and moved to a second bigger shack hot water and more comfy bed but it's so over priced for the basic accomdation you get. The facilities are good except you will wait around 45mins 4 an egg fried rice and staff can be grumpy . The pool and beach bar are amazing except they play the same deep house ALL day long. Advise stay at cosy bungalows down the road. Better vides

• England, Female, 18-24
14th Oct 2016

We had so much fun in this hostel,we had planned to go to the full moon party on the 17th of November but unfortunately it was cancelled because of the kings passing. Although this didn't affect our stay as the hostel made a great effort to keep the guests happy by throwing a UV paint pool party. I would recommend getting scooters if you stay here as it allows you to travel round the whole island. Overall, great hostel right on the beach and met some great people, would 100% go back!

• Germany, Male, 25-30
13th Oct 2016

Nice location. Volleyball field, nice bar, nice and funny stuff. Cool pool area.

• Australia, Female, 25-30
23rd Sep 2016

was in the most beautiful location, the owner was very friendly & the food all tastes amazing. Only downfall was the brown tap water.

• Ireland, Couple, 25-30
10th Sep 2016
7.4

What you need to know WiFi comes and goes Aircon is great. They have a great pool and bar, and they're literally on the beach. Staff friendly as. Have a number of dogs that are so friendly, so if you like animals go here. We were sad to leave the dogs at the end of our stay haha. Really negative point is their water stinks so bad. I felt like I was showering in dirty water even tho it looks clean. This seemed to get worse as it got busier. But it's something the hostel really needs to fix.