The Great Wall Box House Reviews

No. Jia 18, XiDui Main Street, Gubeikou Village, Beijing, China

Hong was very amiable and helpful. She even walked all the way the start of our short trek since it was a bit tough to locate. The food was very good. If you are allergic to cats it's not the best place to be (fortunately, we are not). The bathroom facilities were extremely clean and it was quite a treat to have dry floors in the WC as well as heated toilet seats! It was a bit hard to heat our large room but overall the place was way above par in comparison to other places we have stayed.

Went to see some unreferbished parts if the wall. I only stayed one night but the staff were very nice, fave me lots kid information about the village and the wall in English. They cooked dinner which was included in the price and the facilities were the nicest I've had in China.

The Gubeukou great wall was the highlight of my trip and I would definitely recommend staying the night at Great Wall Box Hostel. It was very clean and comfortable. Just a tip for getting there by bus, the bus stop for #25 is not located opposite the bus station for 980 express. From the exit, turn right. At the main traffic, cross the street. Turn right and wait at the second bus stop for #25.

We had an awesome stay the hostel was very cute and so close to the Great Wall which was breath taking, the staff were very helpful and the food was delicious. It is a long trip to get there so try leave early if you are coming from Beijing so you can get there in day light.

Thank you to Hong and the rest of the staff! I had an excellent stay. Lots of assistance in getting to Gubeikou, tips on walking the local Wall as well as nearby Jinshanling were all very handy. Food was great too. I can't recommend this place more!