Tranquilo Backpackers Santa Teresa Reviews

400 mts. North of Franks Place, behind Super Ronny, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

Great location across from a beach path and next to a convenience store. Located back from the street there was little traffic noise that made it's way to the rooms. Staff Agostin and Carol were very welcoming and friendly. A very good job was done of keeping the sand and dirt of the beach out of the hostel.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • hallgren1

I had a really nice stay at this hostel! The atmosphere was really nice and it was very easy to get to know other people! We did a lot togehter then =) It was just bad that there was a electricity break and we had no lights and internet for a while...

• 2nd Jun 2014

Tranquilo is a nice hostel and the staff are really great and helpful. There is a grocery store next door and the hostel is across the street from the beach. The only downside would be that there isn't really a main common area so it can be a bit difficult to meet other travelers, especially if it's raining outside.

I enjoyed my stay at Tranquillo with the nice staff, relaxed setting, plenty of space in the kitchen. Good WiFi and fast computers too. I liked the free breakfast, always a bonus. Two things I would like improved: better fans in the sweltering dorms (one isn't enough to keep everyone cool) and they didn't have a proper system to deduct the 12% I paid via hostel works so we eventually agreed on 10% cos they could work that out. Shame about the water restriction during the afternoons...sticky :-(

Excellent people, atomsphere, everything. I stayed for twice as long as planned. Coolest hostel I have stayed at yet in my first month travelling...go!

• 30th Mar 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Good place and atmosphere, but If you want to cook in a clean place, don't go there. All the dirty stuff from dinner and party night are still there in the morning and you need to clean them yourself to make your breakfast (because breakfast is included, but you got to do your pancakes yourself)

The stuff is nice but the problem of the hostel is, that they take reservations and bookings, but at the same time give the people the option to extend their stay until 11am. When we arrived after a long day of travelling, our room was not available. The next day we had to wait till 3 pm to get into our room. So expect to find your room occupied eventhough you made a booking on hostelworld (and even payed those 10% in advance)!!!!

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Switzerland

I was there for only One Night! It was really lound Outside and the room I Shared was old! The showers and Toilette were very Dirty! You can have breakfast but I Didnt want to cool there because everything was Dirty! If You have a Choice-stay in another Hostel!

• 9th Feb 2014