Tranquilo Backpackers Santa Teresa Reviews

400 mts. North of Franks Place, behind Super Ronny, Santa Teresa, Costa Rica

Had a great stay in Santa Teresa. Staff is very helpful. The hostel is close to the beach and a supermarket.

• 9th Aug 2014
  • Switzerland

Fantastic hostel, brilliant location, great atmosphere and lovely staff. Would highly recommend.

Overall a pretty average hostel. In a nice location (close to town and 2 minute walk to the beach). Large communal kitchen and nice outdoor areas with table tennis and pool. However, the rooms are very hot (only one small fan) and the bathrooms are dirty and run down.

Great location across from a beach path and next to a convenience store. Located back from the street there was little traffic noise that made it's way to the rooms. Staff Agostin and Carol were very welcoming and friendly. A very good job was done of keeping the sand and dirt of the beach out of the hostel.

• 13th Jun 2014
  • hallgren1

I had a really nice stay at this hostel! The atmosphere was really nice and it was very easy to get to know other people! We did a lot togehter then =) It was just bad that there was a electricity break and we had no lights and internet for a while...

• 2nd Jun 2014

Tranquilo is a nice hostel and the staff are really great and helpful. There is a grocery store next door and the hostel is across the street from the beach. The only downside would be that there isn't really a main common area so it can be a bit difficult to meet other travelers, especially if it's raining outside.

I enjoyed my stay at Tranquillo with the nice staff, relaxed setting, plenty of space in the kitchen. Good WiFi and fast computers too. I liked the free breakfast, always a bonus. Two things I would like improved: better fans in the sweltering dorms (one isn't enough to keep everyone cool) and they didn't have a proper system to deduct the 12% I paid via hostel works so we eventually agreed on 10% cos they could work that out. Shame about the water restriction during the afternoons...sticky :-(

Excellent people, atomsphere, everything. I stayed for twice as long as planned. Coolest hostel I have stayed at yet in my first month travelling...go!

• 30th Mar 2014