Ventana Sur Hostal Reviews

Claudio Arrau 0340, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

Loved it here, fantastic atmosphere. The staff went above and beyond make us feel welcome and included. Full of good recommendations. Excellent location.

• 16th Jul 2015

Ivan was incredibly friendly and helpful! The hostel was in great condition and our private room was fantastic, that has to be one of the warmest, most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.

Great hostel, good location, good atmosphere. Ivan is a very nice guy, always trying to help. He gave us several tips about the city and made us fell like if were at home, besides the cold! Close to subway station in a very calm region of Santiago, should be an option if you want to avoid busy and tourist areas like Providencia or Bellavista.

Thanks for making us feel so welcome. The Ventanasur legend continues.

Decent place with comfy beds, helpful staff and a relaxed vibe. It's an easy 20min walk to bellavista and there's a metro stop 5min away. The bathrooms are a bit tired and could do with updating, but a pleasant enough stay!

The place is clean and well-located. The staff are very helpful with whatever you may need. Great atmosphere with common areas allowing to easily meet people.The only problem is that the internet was quite spotty during my stay.

Very average place. Pleasant but nothing to rave about. Don't get distracted from the picture of a 'swimming pool' - more like a large bath. We arrived at 6am and they nicely let us in even though check in was at 2. Hostel is a good 30 min walk from the centre.. Not the best location. Thanks for having us! X

Best hostal I was in 5 months. Nice and clean swimming pool, comfy beds, great staff and service. Do the Asado, very delicious!

The stay was okay.. i liked the staff and the pool.. but the beds are really unstable and the worst fact was that I had the room above the outside sitting area. People were sitten there till 4.30 am in the morning laughing, chatten and listing to music. You were not able to close the window because of the heat. Result of my stay was that I havent slept for 2 nights. They should find a solution for that.

Fantastic boss-man (or boss-men) and staff plus a very warm atmosphere/building make Ventana Sur a fantastic hostel. Whether Fiesta, Asado, cooking up a personal feast, sleeping your day away, an afternoon Pool side pass out, or, flapping your gums over a vino under the vines; you can find your niche here.

• 14th Mar 2015

A very relaxed and laid-back hostel. Staff were really friendly and helpful. The hostel is in a quiet residential area, but close to a subway station. I really enjoyed my stay there and would go there again.

Staff is more interested in pleasing those who are partying late than those who are trying to sleep. Building is noisy even with earplugs.

Great place to meet awesome people, like Ivan, an amazing host. Something we heard there is very true: everyday is saturday in Ventana Sur.

I've stayed for only one night but i really liked this hostel. Good location, near the subway station and in a nice district of Santiago, very nice stuff and owner who lives in the hostel! On top of that the hostel has a swimming pool!

satified.the hungarian-girl at the desk was super with me.tank-you.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Safe location close to a large supermarket and metro stop. Very clean and large private double room with a balcony. Excellent and friendly staff who go out of there way to help you. Kitchen was well stocked. They serve breakfast until everyone has eaten which is a very nice touch.

The best hostel where I stayed in travel in chile, all the staff so helpful, Ivan in particular its nice person, I recommend so much.

This hostel is everything a hostel should be. Nice and helpful staff, a present and very chill owner, good common space that are used a lot and an overly well supplied kitchen. Oh and the swimming pool is actually clean and used! This hostel made my stay in Santiago feel like home and I doubled my days just to spend more time here. The wall with messages left by guests in the garden are proof of a continuing quality of this hostel.

Thank you for being such generous hosts, we honestly felt so welcomed and at ease for the whole stay. Looking forward to coming back and doing it again.

• 16th Feb 2015

Great place, relaxed and relaxing, helpful staff. Quiet!