Ventana Sur Hostal Reviews

Claudio Arrau 0340, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

Its very close to the metrostation.walking distance to bellavista with nice restaurants.the staff is very helpful.they have laundry services.the pool wasnt working during my stay but the weather was cold anyway so it didnt matter.

Ventana sur hostel is located at a safe neighbourhood Santa Isabel . The rooms are clean , fitted with cable tv, wifi . On our first night the shower heater was broken and we didn't manage to bath but the house owner promptly fixed that on day 2. The staff were great , helpful, and warm. we accidentally melted a hanger and made some burn marks to a furniture due to misplacement of the heater but he kindly did not charge us for them and even told us to be more careful for our safety.

Was a cool place, not what we expected but good none the less. Ivan is a cool dude, not much vibe happening there tho

I originally booked one night at Ventana Sur and ended up staying 27. It was the perfect place for chill out and take a break from the constant moving I'd been doing. The breakfasts are great and are basically served until everyone has eaten (which sometimes meant 1pm for me...). The hostel is in a really nice part of Santiago too - a block from the main street of Barria Italia and two blocks from the closest metro station. The only downside was the bathrooms, which are a little older.

Loved it here, fantastic atmosphere. The staff went above and beyond make us feel welcome and included. Full of good recommendations. Excellent location.

• 16th Jul 2015

Ivan was incredibly friendly and helpful! The hostel was in great condition and our private room was fantastic, that has to be one of the warmest, most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.

Great hostel, good location, good atmosphere. Ivan is a very nice guy, always trying to help. He gave us several tips about the city and made us fell like if were at home, besides the cold! Close to subway station in a very calm region of Santiago, should be an option if you want to avoid busy and tourist areas like Providencia or Bellavista.

Thanks for making us feel so welcome. The Ventanasur legend continues.

Decent place with comfy beds, helpful staff and a relaxed vibe. It's an easy 20min walk to bellavista and there's a metro stop 5min away. The bathrooms are a bit tired and could do with updating, but a pleasant enough stay!

The place is clean and well-located. The staff are very helpful with whatever you may need. Great atmosphere with common areas allowing to easily meet people.The only problem is that the internet was quite spotty during my stay.

Very average place. Pleasant but nothing to rave about. Don't get distracted from the picture of a 'swimming pool' - more like a large bath. We arrived at 6am and they nicely let us in even though check in was at 2. Hostel is a good 30 min walk from the centre.. Not the best location. Thanks for having us! X

Best hostal I was in 5 months. Nice and clean swimming pool, comfy beds, great staff and service. Do the Asado, very delicious!

The stay was okay.. i liked the staff and the pool.. but the beds are really unstable and the worst fact was that I had the room above the outside sitting area. People were sitten there till 4.30 am in the morning laughing, chatten and listing to music. You were not able to close the window because of the heat. Result of my stay was that I havent slept for 2 nights. They should find a solution for that.

Fantastic boss-man (or boss-men) and staff plus a very warm atmosphere/building make Ventana Sur a fantastic hostel. Whether Fiesta, Asado, cooking up a personal feast, sleeping your day away, an afternoon Pool side pass out, or, flapping your gums over a vino under the vines; you can find your niche here.

• 14th Mar 2015

A very relaxed and laid-back hostel. Staff were really friendly and helpful. The hostel is in a quiet residential area, but close to a subway station. I really enjoyed my stay there and would go there again.

Staff is more interested in pleasing those who are partying late than those who are trying to sleep. Building is noisy even with earplugs.