Ventana Sur Hostal Reviews

Claudio Arrau 0340, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

This hostel is really great and the staff are really nice. People tend to hang out in the back yard until late, so bring your earplugs if you want to go to sleep early.

Comfortable beds, really clean hostel, good pool. Decent breakfast (served til the last person gets up), free wine. Great location and nice staff - what more do you need....?

This is a great hostel! We stayed in the private room by the pool with our own bathroom, it was perfect. The pool was lovely, so nice for relaxing during the hot day. The kitchen and common areas are also fantastic, and Ivan is so helpful! The area is great, and you can walk everywhere from there. If you don't feel like walking, it is also very close to the wonderful, fast metro! The place was pretty clean. however the floors in our room were a bit dirty, & there was some mold. Great otherwise!

The staff is great at helping you out with anything you need. Everything about the hostel is good. I stayed there 3 nights & had no complaints. It's also in a good location near the Metro, but also walking distance from the main areas you will visit in Santiago. The WiFi works great too in the hostel and by the pool.

Jason and Ivan and the Hungarian girl whose name I could not spell made me feel very welcome. They were helpful in everything I needed and it was obvious that they all liked hosting and serving peoeple. I had a very pleasant stay. Thank you for all of you. x

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Finland

This hostel rocks. The owner Ivan makes it his business to be helpful in all respects. Great relaxed atmosphere and always something on the go if you want to join in. Ivan says he will be upgrading the facilities soon.

Staff were great, very helpful and friendly. Pool was nice on hot days. Bungalow good value for couples. BBQ was delicious too!!

Great hostel near to a supermarket and metro station

Our taxi struggled to find property and was expensive from main bus station. You need to use metro to get into town/around santiago. Nice small pool and clean. Breakfast was laid out an hour late, but was nice.

This hostel is amazing! When I first arrived, thanks to the hostel's detailed email with directions, the cab driver tried to scam me. The owner, Ivan, came out and talked to the driver and saved me. This hostel is clean and the staff is awesome! There is always light music in the living room, making it feel warm and friendly. The owner is more personable than any other I've encountered and has cooked us dinners out of his kindness and has even helped us in booking tickets to the opera.

• 1st Nov 2014

Great hostel. My friends and I stayed there for the long weekend this October and everything was as stated in the description. Ivan does a phenomenal job tending to his guests' needs and gives plenty of information about Santiago, as well as how to navigate the city in the best way. Best hostel in Santiago!

• 11th Oct 2014

I'm giving this hostel a straight 100 not because i'm lazy but because it really deserves it. During my 15 days trip in 4 countries of South America, Ventana Sur was the best. 15 mins walk to city centre and situated in a really safe and calm neighbourhood. You can have 24 hours of hot water and a satisfying breakfast. The place has a real friendly hostel vibe and Mr. Ivan is the best host there can be. He will make you feel as you are staying with a relative.

I really enjoyed my stay at Ventana Sur hostel. Ivan is amongst the best hostel owners I've ever met in my 15 years of travel experience. He is very personable, kind & accommodating. The hostel is clean, safe & friendly. It is as social or private as you'd want it to be. I was traveling to Santiago for a conference, so it was nice to have the option for privacy as needed. I would recommend staying at Ventana Sur, and have to thank Ivan for all of his help and kindness during my stay in Chile.