Ventana Sur Hostal Reviews

Claudio Arrau 0340, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

satified.the hungarian-girl at the desk was super with me.tank-you.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Safe location close to a large supermarket and metro stop. Very clean and large private double room with a balcony. Excellent and friendly staff who go out of there way to help you. Kitchen was well stocked. They serve breakfast until everyone has eaten which is a very nice touch.

The best hostel where I stayed in travel in chile, all the staff so helpful, Ivan in particular its nice person, I recommend so much.

Thank you for being such generous hosts, we honestly felt so welcomed and at ease for the whole stay. Looking forward to coming back and doing it again.

• 16th Feb 2015

Great place, relaxed and relaxing, helpful staff. Quiet!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I lived there while I was looking for an apartment and the staff was very helpful! From the first day I felt like I was home with friends. Also I love the pool. A lot. Very cozy atmosphere and good kitchen to cook in! I would recommend this to everyone.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

This hostel ticks all the boxes. Has amazing, friendly and helpful staff; an awesome atmosphere and all the facilities you would need for your stay in Santiago. Sadly I missed out on the Friday night BBQ, but nights around the patio beside the pool with the other guests were surely just as entertaining! I can definitely recommend Ventana Sur to anyone who wants a quiet place to relax, as well as someone looking for a more social atmosphere.

I arrived to Ventana Sur hostal and immediately felt like home. The hostel is amazing with lovely staff and welcoming people. The staff take really good care of you and if you just chat with them they are gonna make you feel like you have been friends for a long time. The reviews and writings on the wall speak for themselves! There is so much love for this hostel - awesome.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Finland

This is the best hostel i have visited. Jason was a super host. The Hungarian girl was not worjing when we arrived but she made a point of introducing herself the next day.The 2 New Zealand guys were very very helpfull & involved everybody in everything. Our room was super as was the pool. I enjoyed a few beers each night withall the other guests.

The Hungarian girl was very nice and welcoming. This was not the case for the rest of the staff. Several guests felt like they were invading a private party. Couches in the living room constantly occupied by staff and their friends.. Worst was on our bbq Friday, which was supposed to be for the guest, but ultimately turned in to a private party for staff, neighbors and friends, with very loud music until 6am. All that might be due to the fact that the normal manager is on holiday.

This hostel is really great and the staff are really nice. People tend to hang out in the back yard until late, so bring your earplugs if you want to go to sleep early.

Ventana is in great neighbourhood for walking around in and just a short walk to the metro. The staff were really friendly and laid back and helpful. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm - bed was clean and comfortable enough. Upstairs bathroom was cramped, but there are larger bathrooms available downstairs. Otherwise, they were pretty clean and had hot water available.

There is nothing to complain about in this hostel, but nothing really exciting neither.

This is probably my favorite hostel I've ever stayed in. I ended up staying for two weeks, and then came back again for another four days. It feels like home.

Comfortable beds, really clean hostel, good pool. Decent breakfast (served til the last person gets up), free wine. Great location and nice staff - what more do you need....?

This is a great hostel! We stayed in the private room by the pool with our own bathroom, it was perfect. The pool was lovely, so nice for relaxing during the hot day. The kitchen and common areas are also fantastic, and Ivan is so helpful! The area is great, and you can walk everywhere from there. If you don't feel like walking, it is also very close to the wonderful, fast metro! The place was pretty clean. however the floors in our room were a bit dirty, & there was some mold. Great otherwise!

One of the better hostels I've stayed at in South America. The staff were really friendly and hostel. It's a chill hostel great for hanging around between outings, with a nice pool for hot days. Breakfast is pretty decent and you can ask for it even if it's past the designated breakfast time. If the mood is right, Ivan and his staff will let a party go on late into the night! So if you're looking for a quiet sleep, bring earplugs.

The staff is great at helping you out with anything you need. Everything about the hostel is good. I stayed there 3 nights & had no complaints. It's also in a good location near the Metro, but also walking distance from the main areas you will visit in Santiago. The WiFi works great too in the hostel and by the pool.

Jason and Ivan and the Hungarian girl whose name I could not spell made me feel very welcome. They were helpful in everything I needed and it was obvious that they all liked hosting and serving peoeple. I had a very pleasant stay. Thank you for all of you. x

• 2nd Jan 2015
  • Finland

This hostel rocks. The owner Ivan makes it his business to be helpful in all respects. Great relaxed atmosphere and always something on the go if you want to join in. Ivan says he will be upgrading the facilities soon.