Ventana Sur Hostal Reviews

Claudio Arrau 0340, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

This hostel is amazing! When I first arrived, thanks to the hostel's detailed email with directions, the cab driver tried to scam me. The owner, Ivan, came out and talked to the driver and saved me. This hostel is clean and the staff is awesome! There is always light music in the living room, making it feel warm and friendly. The owner is more personable than any other I've encountered and has cooked us dinners out of his kindness and has even helped us in booking tickets to the opera.

• 1st Nov 2014

Great hostel. My friends and I stayed there for the long weekend this October and everything was as stated in the description. Ivan does a phenomenal job tending to his guests' needs and gives plenty of information about Santiago, as well as how to navigate the city in the best way. Best hostel in Santiago!

• 11th Oct 2014

I'm giving this hostel a straight 100 not because i'm lazy but because it really deserves it. During my 15 days trip in 4 countries of South America, Ventana Sur was the best. 15 mins walk to city centre and situated in a really safe and calm neighbourhood. You can have 24 hours of hot water and a satisfying breakfast. The place has a real friendly hostel vibe and Mr. Ivan is the best host there can be. He will make you feel as you are staying with a relative.

I really enjoyed my stay at Ventana Sur hostel. Ivan is amongst the best hostel owners I've ever met in my 15 years of travel experience. He is very personable, kind & accommodating. The hostel is clean, safe & friendly. It is as social or private as you'd want it to be. I was traveling to Santiago for a conference, so it was nice to have the option for privacy as needed. I would recommend staying at Ventana Sur, and have to thank Ivan for all of his help and kindness during my stay in Chile.

A bit hard to find, but overall a good cozy hostel.

Great relaxed houselike atmosphere. Ivan makes the hostel and will provide you of all the information you need. The breakfast is simple but really good, Ivan likes to get the quality stuff.

• 31st May 2014