Ventana Sur Hostal Reviews

Claudio Arrau 0340, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

We loved our stay at the Hostel! The staff, especially Ivan who runs the hostel, is extremely helpful with right about everything. We got tips on what to do, how to get there and back, where to go or invitations to just hang around the hostel. This is all you can ask for in a hostel, and widely underpriced, so it's a catch!!!

Ivan thank you for everything! The atmosphere was always very friendly and the staff very helpful. It was an excellent choice staying at Ventana Sur Hostel.

Friendly and helpful staff and good vibes. Seems like they always have a mix of travelers staying for several weeks and some only for a few days. Very much enjoyed my stay and hope to return!

Ivan is a super host! This dude knows the city very well and always tries to help you with advices of where to go and what to do (not only in Santiago but in the whole country). I had a blast! Had some awesome bbq and met lots of new people! I totally recommend this place to laid back people who don't mind a little bit of chaos and party

Enjoyed my stay, would recommend it to others. Good value for Santiago. I stayed in the private bungalow but thought there was a very nice social atmosphere. Though located away from downtown, it is conveniently close to a metro station and the neighborhood is nice with plenty of good, local restaurants that are cheaper than the tourist areas. The staff were knowledgeable and helpful. The other guests were social but not crazy partiers. Wifi was good, not sure if the public computer was in use.

Its very close to the metrostation.walking distance to bellavista with nice restaurants.the staff is very helpful.they have laundry services.the pool wasnt working during my stay but the weather was cold anyway so it didnt matter.

Ventana sur hostel is located at a safe neighbourhood Santa Isabel . The rooms are clean , fitted with cable tv, wifi . On our first night the shower heater was broken and we didn't manage to bath but the house owner promptly fixed that on day 2. The staff were great , helpful, and warm. we accidentally melted a hanger and made some burn marks to a furniture due to misplacement of the heater but he kindly did not charge us for them and even told us to be more careful for our safety.

Was a cool place, not what we expected but good none the less. Ivan is a cool dude, not much vibe happening there tho

I originally booked one night at Ventana Sur and ended up staying 27. It was the perfect place for chill out and take a break from the constant moving I'd been doing. The breakfasts are great and are basically served until everyone has eaten (which sometimes meant 1pm for me...). The hostel is in a really nice part of Santiago too - a block from the main street of Barria Italia and two blocks from the closest metro station. The only downside was the bathrooms, which are a little older.

Loved it here, fantastic atmosphere. The staff went above and beyond make us feel welcome and included. Full of good recommendations. Excellent location.

• 16th Jul 2015

Ivan was incredibly friendly and helpful! The hostel was in great condition and our private room was fantastic, that has to be one of the warmest, most comfortable beds I have ever slept in.