Ventana Sur Hostal Reviews

Claudio Arrau 0340, Providencia, Santiago, Chile

Fantastic boss-man (or boss-men) and staff plus a very warm atmosphere/building make Ventana Sur a fantastic hostel. Whether Fiesta, Asado, cooking up a personal feast, sleeping your day away, an afternoon Pool side pass out, or, flapping your gums over a vino under the vines; you can find your niche here.

• 14th Mar 2015

Staff is more interested in pleasing those who are partying late than those who are trying to sleep. Building is noisy even with earplugs.

Great place to meet awesome people, like Ivan, an amazing host. Something we heard there is very true: everyday is saturday in Ventana Sur.

I've stayed for only one night but i really liked this hostel. Good location, near the subway station and in a nice district of Santiago, very nice stuff and owner who lives in the hostel! On top of that the hostel has a swimming pool!

satified.the hungarian-girl at the desk was super with me.tank-you.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Safe location close to a large supermarket and metro stop. Very clean and large private double room with a balcony. Excellent and friendly staff who go out of there way to help you. Kitchen was well stocked. They serve breakfast until everyone has eaten which is a very nice touch.

The best hostel where I stayed in travel in chile, all the staff so helpful, Ivan in particular its nice person, I recommend so much.

This hostel is everything a hostel should be. Nice and helpful staff, a present and very chill owner, good common space that are used a lot and an overly well supplied kitchen. Oh and the swimming pool is actually clean and used! This hostel made my stay in Santiago feel like home and I doubled my days just to spend more time here. The wall with messages left by guests in the garden are proof of a continuing quality of this hostel.

Thank you for being such generous hosts, we honestly felt so welcomed and at ease for the whole stay. Looking forward to coming back and doing it again.

• 16th Feb 2015

Great place, relaxed and relaxing, helpful staff. Quiet!

This is the best hostel I have ever stayed in. I lived there while I was looking for an apartment and the staff was very helpful! From the first day I felt like I was home with friends. Also I love the pool. A lot. Very cozy atmosphere and good kitchen to cook in! I would recommend this to everyone.

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Sweden

This hostel ticks all the boxes. Has amazing, friendly and helpful staff; an awesome atmosphere and all the facilities you would need for your stay in Santiago. Sadly I missed out on the Friday night BBQ, but nights around the patio beside the pool with the other guests were surely just as entertaining! I can definitely recommend Ventana Sur to anyone who wants a quiet place to relax, as well as someone looking for a more social atmosphere.

I arrived to Ventana Sur hostal and immediately felt like home. The hostel is amazing with lovely staff and welcoming people. The staff take really good care of you and if you just chat with them they are gonna make you feel like you have been friends for a long time. The reviews and writings on the wall speak for themselves! There is so much love for this hostel - awesome.

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Finland

This is the best hostel i have visited. Jason was a super host. The Hungarian girl was not worjing when we arrived but she made a point of introducing herself the next day.The 2 New Zealand guys were very very helpfull & involved everybody in everything. Our room was super as was the pool. I enjoyed a few beers each night withall the other guests.

The Hungarian girl was very nice and welcoming. This was not the case for the rest of the staff. Several guests felt like they were invading a private party. Couches in the living room constantly occupied by staff and their friends.. Worst was on our bbq Friday, which was supposed to be for the guest, but ultimately turned in to a private party for staff, neighbors and friends, with very loud music until 6am. All that might be due to the fact that the normal manager is on holiday.

This hostel is really great and the staff are really nice. People tend to hang out in the back yard until late, so bring your earplugs if you want to go to sleep early.

Ventana is in great neighbourhood for walking around in and just a short walk to the metro. The staff were really friendly and laid back and helpful. We stayed in a 6 bed mixed dorm - bed was clean and comfortable enough. Upstairs bathroom was cramped, but there are larger bathrooms available downstairs. Otherwise, they were pretty clean and had hot water available.

There is nothing to complain about in this hostel, but nothing really exciting neither.

This is probably my favorite hostel I've ever stayed in. I ended up staying for two weeks, and then came back again for another four days. It feels like home.

Comfortable beds, really clean hostel, good pool. Decent breakfast (served til the last person gets up), free wine. Great location and nice staff - what more do you need....?