smartcityhostels Edinburgh Reviews

50 Blackfriars Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

El unico problema que tuvimos fue que la habitacion daba al patio del bar y escuchabas gritos hasta las 3am.

our room smelled of cheese but otherwise it was great

• 24th Aug 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

If there is room for separated gender, then it will be perfect.

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Taiwan

Really nice hostel and bar but room was very hot at night. Could possibly do with fan in room, also not much room once room is full with 4 people and luggage. Overall a good hostel and I would recommend you stay here as it is great location.

We booked a private room with ensuite. Our room used to be part of a hallway & was very poorly blocked off. The carpet stunk of urine but the room had been cleaned. It was the most disgusting room I've ever been put in. I know it's a hostel but there are still standards!! We were moved to another room which was an improvement. The staff were very nice. I stayed in Smart Hostel London and it was so much better.

• 5th Aug 2015

Great hostel in a great location .

Not a big fan of the ensuite washroom that had a toilet and shower in the same room. Besides that, the room was clean and a good hostel room. Bar in the basement had fairly priced food. Excellent location. Can't stress location enough. Staff was helpful.

Good location. Bathroom was not cleaned once overt my stay. Bathroom was so filthy when I came in with stains and human remains everywhere. Was so disgusting. I advised reception but it was still not cleaned. No real communal chill out areas other than the bar. Not great for a solo traveller.

Really nice youth hostel, clean private common bathroom. Clean usefull kitchen. A little noisy till midnight, we needed to close the windows.

В вашем хостеле проживаю в третий раз . Очень приятный и улыбчивый персонал все молодые и позитивные . Очень удобно расположение рядом с автобусом который следует в аэропорт . Находится хостел прямо в центре истории , через мгновение и ты в самом красивом месте г Эдинбурга . Утром очень сытный завтрак , есть возможность самим готовить на кухне , Интернет доступный всем гостям . Рекомендую Всем кто не знает где остановиться в Эдинбурге этот хостел Не пожалеете .

• 10th Jun 2015
  • Russia

Place is ideally located for pretty much everything, bar is nice and cheap and has a decent selection of beers and snack food. Our room was directly above courtyard area and could get quite loud at times but other than that can't really fault the place.

• 6th Jun 2015

One staff was so cold. Bed really squeaky. WiFi slow in the room. But overall, good value of money considering its price.

Lovely staff, smiling n friendly/helpful. The hot showers are amazing, and I like that there are clothes washing facilities!!! Maybe the bar/restaurant could better cater for vegetarians?!

Good place. The only place to get wifi that worked was the bar though. It can be annoying when you just want to be in bed at the end of the day and hang out on the internet. I did enjoy the 1pound coffee that they had, great cheap option to get a caffeine fix. They did have a few issues in my room with people in the wrong beds or double booking the beds. Always worked out because it isn't the busy season but could be bad in August. Still, GREAT hostel especially considering I spent a week there.

• 12th May 2015

This was my first time at a hostel but I was very pleased with the experience! The beds were solid and didn't shake and the rooms clean and decently sized! I had adequate room for my backpack in the locker and the locks were cheap! It was a little noisy at night but that was expected being next to the bar. I loved the location! We could walk everywhere! I would absolutely stay here again if I come back to Edinburgh!

• 9th May 2015

The location is really good - just off the royal mile. athe staff is friendly and our 2-Bed private was clean, Deninately a place to stay again so a big thumbs up for the hosstel from Germany!

It was an okay hostel. Very clean with nice facilities.

Despite my key card didn't work my last day before my check out, all rest was awesome. Excellent stay!

The wifi was inconsistent in the rooms. The hostel common room is a bar which is fine until it would get really crowded with students in the evening. It would be nice if there was a separate space just for people staying in the hostel who don't necessarily want to be drinking etc...