smartcityhostels Edinburgh Reviews

50 Blackfriars Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

Lovely staff, smiling n friendly/helpful. The hot showers are amazing, and I like that there are clothes washing facilities!!! Maybe the bar/restaurant could better cater for vegetarians?!

Good place. The only place to get wifi that worked was the bar though. It can be annoying when you just want to be in bed at the end of the day and hang out on the internet. I did enjoy the 1pound coffee that they had, great cheap option to get a caffeine fix. They did have a few issues in my room with people in the wrong beds or double booking the beds. Always worked out because it isn't the busy season but could be bad in August. Still, GREAT hostel especially considering I spent a week there.

• 12th May 2015

This was my first time at a hostel but I was very pleased with the experience! The beds were solid and didn't shake and the rooms clean and decently sized! I had adequate room for my backpack in the locker and the locks were cheap! It was a little noisy at night but that was expected being next to the bar. I loved the location! We could walk everywhere! I would absolutely stay here again if I come back to Edinburgh!

• 9th May 2015

The location is really good - just off the royal mile. athe staff is friendly and our 2-Bed private was clean, Deninately a place to stay again so a big thumbs up for the hosstel from Germany!

Despite my key card didn't work my last day before my check out, all rest was awesome. Excellent stay!

The wifi was inconsistent in the rooms. The hostel common room is a bar which is fine until it would get really crowded with students in the evening. It would be nice if there was a separate space just for people staying in the hostel who don't necessarily want to be drinking etc...

Algunos miembros del personal no realizan ningun esfuerzo por entender el idioma español. Solo ingles y te responden i`m sorry. Ademas posee un bar que abre sus puertas a personas no alojadas en el hostel y de noche se torna muy ruidoso.

The localization is great, friendly staffs, the bar has food and drink for good price, the comum area, the towels and bed clothes are really very clean! The bad things were about the cleaness in the bedrom/toillet, I spend 06 nights there and they only colect the rubish, the beds make a lot of noise and they don't have lockers in the bedrom.

Awesome loxation with gd facilities at gd price. Recommended.

Smart City Hostel Edinburgh is an excellent accommodation option for the budget conscious traveller. Excellent facilities. Licensed bar and smoking terraces. Refreshing, dynamic vibe. The free wi-fi is quite slow and unpredictable, but high-speed broadband can be access for a fee. I would definitely stay at Smart City again. Perfect hostel experience for the more discerning traveller.