Armstrong Hotel Reviews

36 Rue de la Croix St. Simon, Paris, France

In a slightly run-down area, but great local markets

Having to pay for sauna was bad. When asked the staff for a drink at their bar she suggested going out a use it was cheaper. The pool table needs to be serviced..cue tips brokem, off balance table and balls would stop before they hit the hole. Rooms and showers were way too small.

• 10th Jul 2014

Im having really a great great time there. The hotel was tranquil, simple et sympa. It's really near from the metro station and also surrounded by many restaurant. But unfortunately the wifi is running a lil bit slow but it was okay. What i love the most from this hotel is, after going around paris all day long, when we got back to the hotel my boyfriend and i chillin out a bit a the bar, playing the billiard and enjoying some hot drink for each (Its all FREE). Keep it up! Thank Amstrong

• 30th Apr 2014
  • Indonesia

The hotel was close to a metro that went a lot of good places. All the staff we encountered were very nice and helpful.

Very Cheap, clean and confortable.

Nice hotel with clean rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful. (Even helped us fix our car) Bonus for a little extra fee: great sauna and handy parking spot. The hotel's location is all right but not great, the metro (1 min from hotel), however, takes you to the centre in no time. All in all we had a very pleasant stay in hotel Armstrong.

although the rooms were cleaned every day, the closet/shower was dirty. the room smelled very very bad.

The staff was very friendly and attentive, night and day. The free coffee/tea during the day was great! The only complaint I had was the thing walls and our noisy neighbors, but it wouldn't deter me from staying at the Armstrong Hotel again.

• 15th Nov 2013

Simple great room great staff affordable rooms just next to the metro close to inner paris

Most of the staff were very helpful and friendly...We felt very safe during our stay and the staff were great at helping us learn about the city and the Parisian way of life. The room was clean and the facilities suited our needs.

• 22nd Oct 2013

Paper thin walls mean you can hear many of your neighbours. Apart from that, staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are small, but clean. The shower was in abysmal state though, needs maintenance. The neighbourhood is kind of poor, many kebab places, don't expect haute cuisine, but of course the bakeries are simply nice and French. Value for money is average, which is perfectly fine in Paris. The thin walls mean I won't return though.

I was refused my room on arrival. Informed they had booked me into another hostel instead due to 'faulty electronics'. As it transpires, they had booked me into no other accommodation. I was not informed of this until arriving at the hotel at 10pm. No email or notification whatsoever. Disgraceful

• 28th Sep 2013

We arrived at 7am on our check in day. Check in isnt until 2pm, but they had a room ready for us! Everyone was very nice, a perfect place for a budget traveller and great facilities and easy to get to from the metro. Thanks for a nice stay! :D

The hotel was expensive compared to the price and the breakfast wasn't included. The room was ok, but just average. Bed was cozy. The hotel was a quite far away from the city center.

150 meters from metro station, few supermarkets and fruit sellers, silent area, VERY good staff!!! the room was a little bit small, but it was good enough for me and my wife. please pay attention that the parking is NOT included in the price and the park places are limited. the nearest public parking will be 21 euro per day. Summary- very good place. I will visit it again P.S. Thanks a lot to night manager for the help (4 on sept. 2013)

• 2nd Sep 2013
  • Israel

Stayed in the Armstrong hotel for 3 nights, and it is perfectly reviewed, hence us picking it. A 3 person room for about €50 per night and it was a travellers dream! En suite, safe box, lock, no security issue and the staff and locals were awesome, great recomendations of places! Free wifi and teas and coffe along with a free breakfast each morning( if your up) . Great location if you enjoy the metro and perfect ambience. On return if travelling, I would choose the Armstrong hotel again!

• 1st Sep 2013
  • Scotland

Good stay for good value.helpful staff.would recommend.

A nice hotel that is a good value for money. Within biking distance to downtown Paris but far enough away to get a quiet and good night's sleep. The all-you-can-eat 8 Euro breakfast is a great deal.

• 18th Aug 2013

Great hotel for a great price. After so many suppsoedly "cheap backpacker hostels" that charge excessively you for everything you need for your dignified stay, it was a nice change. The price is definitely hostel range considering that Paris is a very busy city and I did my booking rather late. Room is locked + there is a password protected safe so its pretty secure. It is close to a metro stop, and seeing as how I did not expect to rent a flat on Champs-Elysees that is good enough for me :)

Very helpful staff, speaks good English with my poor french. I will commend the way they helped in arranging transit to airport. Didn't try the breakfast, but the rooms were a bit small but better than most budget hotels i been to in Paris.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7