Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

After staying 5 nights at the hostel, I decided to stay 1 more so I asked if there was an available room for me and the answer was no. So I tried to find another hostel via Hostelworld and for my surprise there was a room available at Broadway Hostel. I booked the room and paid a deposit. But when I did the check-in, the amount paid at the deposit was not deducted from the balance to be paid on arrival. I’ve told that I paid a deposit but the girl didn’t deduct it. I've paid more than I should!

Average at best. Wifi would not work after about 7pm in the hostel. Rooms were small and the air conditioning wasn't effective. It wasn't made clear at the start of the stay that there would be a charge for luggage storage on the day of departure. On the plus side, the cleaners (which were a surprise) did a great job in the rooms and there is hot water!!

• 28th Aug 2015

This was more of a hotel experience than hostel. There was not any atmosphere in common areas at all. However we didn't mind because we were busy exploring NYC. Easy location for catching the subway! We used it everyday and night, so quick to get around because there isn't much else to see where this hostel is. Would not recommend for a solo traveller.

Fantastic location and very friendly and helpful staff

• 15th Aug 2015

absolutyly never stay there again!

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

We stayed in two Deluxe Double Rooms, very nice standard, always clean and beds made when we got back. Showers and toilets were good and clean. The hostel is around a 5 minute walk from 96th street, the subway, making getting further into the city really easy. There was lots of restaurants and bars close by too. The staff did not know where a local gym was and the lift is tiny but the steps are good exercise. Kitchen area was very good

• 12th Aug 2015

It was a great location and good value for money.

We were in a nice corner room on the 7th floor and didn't spend much time at the hostel. But really enjoyed our stay as it has everything you need, and its close to the underground, nice supermarket (open 24hrs) and some places to eat. However, we booked a four bed private room, but received a room with two double beds, which I think is something you should at least be warned about when making the booking.

Rooms are really nice, we were a party of 3 & had a private room which felt like a hotel, air con & cable! :) shared bathrooms were in need of regular cleaning, a little too uptown but very easy to get downtown & around!. Please go to the diner on broadway same block & side of the road for a traditional American feed!. Will stay here again if on a budget!.

It was in a great location close to subway to get anywhere. Near enough to Central Park to just walk. Far enough away to not be caught up in the hustle of busy tourist areas.

I really like the hostel, not my first time there... Nice location... I sure recommed it

This was value for money a great location. Basic accomodation but I was happy to share and my stay here was pleasant.

I got what I paid for. The room looks like a jail cell but the sheets were clean. The lockers don't come with locks but you can buy a lock up the street. The neighborhood is safe but there are no fun places to go around there besides Central Park. Overall it was okay. Not horrible, the staff are really nice and accommodating.

The bathrooms could use a renovation, the doors didn't close without locking them. The gap between the door and the frame didn't feel safe to leave your belongings.

The location is excellent! Just few minutes to Subway and 2 blocks to Central Park! The Hostel was very nosy, there was ONLY double bed in the room (thats it!) and some staff at the reception was a bit indiffirent.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Latvia

The hostel was clean, and the staff were really helpful. if you're looking for a calm place to stay this is great for you, but we found it difficult to meet other people and they didn't have anything going on in the evenings. also the elevator was ridiculously slow, they may as well not have one!

We liked our stay and would definitely come back again. It's too bad you have to go into the hallway for the toilet or to use the shower (these could use proper cleaning) but other than that it was good. Staff was very helpful!

• 13th Jun 2015

Staff was very helpful, but made some mistakes with our reservation. Maybe fhe system should be updated to make it easy for them.

My first two nights there were good. I had to share room with another girl which was fine. The room was ok, the wifi was ok and the bathrooms were acceptable. However, my other two nights there were not so good. Had booked 4 beds in one room, but got 2 double beds. Not okay. I complained twice, but nothing was done about it. The bathrooms on the 3rd floor are absolutely unacceptable Also, there are cats walking around! And a man smokes weed in his room every day. He lives there!!!!

Simple and sufficient accommodations. Couldn't have asked for much more on a short trip to NYC. Proximity to the Marcy Ave metro made getting around easy!

« first « Prev 1 2 3