Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

Good location, cheap fare, serves well if you are planning a trip to Manhattan and you are staying a couple of nights.

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

This place is pretty good but when you are tired and a bit jet lagged you don't like to hear you re meant to be out by now when you arrived in at midnight and had to pay for a couple of days accomo. It was a miss understanding but it was still annoying. they were also renovating and that meant you had to use the worlds slowest elevator. The rooms are too hot because the water service runs through them. I didn't mind my stay I just though for the price it could much better. Its in a safe location

Would have appreciated having safes in the rooms, specially that the lock on our door was very weak and easily broken into. Dorm room didn't have a fridge or a tv. Private room did have a tv but no remote. Staff is helpful but not very friendly. Amenities in lobby included fridge and microwave which was nice. Location of hotel is amazing, right by the 1 subway line. Rooms also weren't the cleanest, there were holes in the walls were there was piping but bathrooms were kept fairly clean.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It seems like a hotel, not a hostel. If you are travelling alone I don't suggest the hotel because the atmosphere isn't good to know people. I stayed in 2 different rooms. The first one, more expensive, was spacious, with 2 pillows each bed and the bed was ok. The cheaper was so small, the bed wasn't good and the there was only 1 pillow, that was terrible. The elevator is very slow.... sometimes I preffered to use the stairs. I had some problems with the wifi, but in works ok in general.

would've been nice to have a stove or cooking facilities

By far the best hostel in NYC. Stayed here twice, loved it. Has an elevator, nice staff, 2 blocks from 1 train, wifi on every floor, and close to all your needs. Rooms are small but clean. Can't recommend it enough.

I loved the kitchen as well as the lounges. They were new and comfortable. The staff was also helpful and friendly.

• 12th Oct 2014

The cleanliness was very poor! I had a towel for the first night that was so thin that it didn't even dry me! My sheets and blanket had hair from someone else and the pillow was very lump and out of shape. The bath room was also very dirty with the shower head spray all over the place and not even wetting me! The staff were also a little abrupt.

It wasn't clean enough. We had problems because they didn't have enough room for us, so they changed us several times, (they respond giving us discounts, but that wasn't not enough). I've paid for a private room and they gave me because of the vacancy a shared room for me and my boyfriend assuring me that it was going to be private, and in the middle of the night some people opened our room twice. They gave us "free breakfast" for the inconvenience and they don't have that service.

Nice hôtel. Bathroom and room were clean. Nice staff. Near the métro station

• 1st Oct 2014

Mattress was very uncomfortable. Fire alarms were not working during my stay.

• 29th Sep 2014

The free parking is just street parking; not easy to find one spot

• 28th Sep 2014
  • China

Elevator very small fits about 4. Wait time more than normal. Do bring a lock to lock up personal. Missing change one day. Great location. Close to subway and central park. Clean. 4 restrooms to each floor. Had no wait time. Great friendly personnel. My second time there.

• 16th Sep 2014

Well located and quiet hostel, some bathrooms are not such clean and functionals (at least the one I had), and keep in mind that check-in begins at 3pm, so if you arrive early in the morning they kindly keep your bags for free but plan to hang around before settling into the hostel

I definitely would recommend Broadway Hotel n Hostel. Very nice place, very clean and cozy with a really great common area where you can cook small meals or just sit and watch TV. Great staff. Very safe neighborhood. Good price. Subway and bus nearby.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Exceptional Staff. Very Clean. Good price. Great location on Broadway near Subway.

Staff on desk were absolutely amazing. I lost my passport and they got in contact with the relevant authorities and embassies and pointed me in the right direction. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

Very pleasant stay, perfect for my needs! Good wifi, plenty of bathroom facilities, good air conditioning and a very comfortable relaxation/kitchen area. Nice and close to the 103rd Subway station and also close enough to the 96th street stop, too. Staff were as pleasant as was necessary and security was reassuringly apparent.

Rooms are much more basic than they look in pictures. Maybe just your luck of what room you get. But I wouldn't have paid the amount I did if I had seen my room beforehand. Staff were okay but not overly helpful. Location is good, easy to get into the city centre.

Very Recommendable! Everybody was very friendly and helpful, room was nice and cosy, we even had a sink in it. Our room was very quiet, so we didn't hear much from our neighbours! Very nice chill-out zone in the first floor, unfortunately with TVs running all the time. Big 24/7 nearby (2 blocks N).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4