Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

It's a good hotel, the staff are very kind and the location is good near to subway station.

• 10th May 2015

Great location, very easy to catch the subway and the subway is fairly safe, so no issues there. The dorms are great- mostly only two bed dorms. The staff are friendly and helpful. Only small issue is that the hot water was temperamental. I was on level 3 and it would take a good 5-10 minutes for the water to heat up, and if you were showering in the morning you could forget about having a hot shower. The upside is when we were there they were installing air-conditioners in every room.

• 6th May 2015

There are few shower rooms on each floor, but some of those were not good. Not all showers work well or clean. They changed towel every day and it was really good. Also staff were very friendly and kind.

Excellent staff, complainted about room no Ac, and they put one there that night

Some matresses were very old (springs). Básic rooms ok for the price. Some of the staff were great! At night once was one new who didnt know how to solve a situation.

My biggest complaints are: 1) the doors to the stairwell were slammed at all hours of the night - which could be solved with a sign (Please don't slam the door). 2) the clientele was suspect - I had one interaction with a man who looked like a drug addict and belonged in a halfway house, the other was a family and a child who was unhappy and SCREAMED/cried with dissatisfaction. There was also a cat wandering around & it seemed like some people were living there.

Great staff, the guy with the glasses and beard ( I don't know his name) gave me a very walm welcome and definitely deserves extra praise considering it was my first time checking in anywhere alone! I had a great stay but the only downside was that I didn't meet that many people as there didn't seem to be many opportunities to.

The staff were really friendly, always happy to suggest good places to eat and drink etc. Rooms are small, but really only needed for sleeping in as there is so much to do in this city! Not all the showers are great, but I was usually able to find a better one just down the hallway. The Wifi worked perfectly fine for me in all the rooms I stayed in, even on the 7th floor. The lobby area and kitchen is really nice although only toaster, kettle and microwave provided and paper plates.

Rooms are small, but in general clean. Door to restroom and shower couldn't be locked. The staff was very friendly. But the payment policy is kind of weird. I received a confirmation letter of hostelworld about the total(!) amount to pay due to arrival. In this letter it says it includes taxes etc. BUT: upon arrival, I was charged about 20USD more and when I asked why, the staff came up with bad excuses like additional taxes etc.,all in all: not very transparent and not to recommend.

• 16th Apr 2015

The bathroom should be cleaned more often, the rooms are minimal but clean. Our room looked like a prison cell.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Location was good for central park and very near the subway so it was easy to get into downtown Manhatten. Did not really have a hostel feel, it was more like a hotel. Rooms were pretty small but then you are in New York so are not in your room that often.

Great location & really good value for money! There were a few issues with the bathrooms during our stay and it was a little noisy but we overlooked this as everything else was great and the price we paid was such good value for money.

• 12th Apr 2015
  • New Zealand

Keep up the same good work. Had a amazing time and will be coming back.

• 11th Apr 2015
  • Romania

Excellent place to stay. The staff is really concerned about helping you, and it is close to the subway. Definitely it is worthy the money. Had an excellent time there!

• 22nd Mar 2015

Great value for a stay in New York City. It will save you a lot of money. I stayed in a private ensuite room and it was very clean. About two blocks away from line 1 on 103rd and Broadway. And about 15min walk to central park. I'll stay here again some day.

Great place for a great price in an expensive city as NYC. If I could make any suggestions for the hostel, it would be to add energy outlets in the rooms. I stayed in a room with a bunk bed, and there was no place for me to charge my cell phone near my top bed. The internet connection is also troublesome. It only works properly in the common are, not in the rooms.

It was a very pleasant stay at Broadway Hotel. Our rooms were big enough for the 4 of us and very tidy. There was a small kitchen that can be used for free. Public transport is nearby. Worth the money and nice to stay at. =)

Great hostel for the location and money.

Great little hostel/hotel. The staff work hard to please and it shows. Its a clean well kept place. The location is safe and convenient. I recommend the hostel as a safe affordable home base while out in the wilds of New York.

All good. Just recommend this hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3