Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

Terrible place. I think all the good reviews are for the private rooms. This is NOT a real hostel. I stayed in 2 bed dorm (room 232) and it was very much a shoebox (Where are the photos for this? Had I known, I wouldve never booked this place, it was very expensive) Room was about 2meters wide, could only fit a bunk bed. There was a window but no light could come in. The shared bathrooms were more spacious than my room but the showers were shocking, the water temperature kept changing.

Great location and friendly staff. Our bedroom door squeak terribly, nothing a bit of grease won't fix . Great, comfortable stay!

Really lovely hostel, staff were friendly and helpful, really enjoyed our stay here

• 18th Feb 2015

It was great! Well be back!

The mattesses were horrible but everything else was perfect! Thank you. Would book for a short trip again

This is a hostel to avoid at all costs. I stayed for 2 nights and never had hot water (you can imagine how great it is to have to shower in freezing water during the winter). Furthermore, there was a power outage the day I arrived, so I also had no electricity in my whole floor and no WiFi anywhere in the hostel. Finally, the other person who was allocated to my dorm also sneaked a stranger into the room in the second night, so take your own conclusions on the security part.

Disturbed sleep: Loud clanking heating system all night. Unecological: Bed sheets and towels are changed every day, despite my asking (every day) to not waste the resources. Overcharged: paid the Hostelworld 10% deposit, but still got 100% of charges when I arrived.

Great wifi, reasonably priced for NYC. Not an excellent location but close to subway line downtown. Staff were excellent - couldn't fault their service at all.

I loved the place. My girlfriend and I went for NY for a week vacation and I'll that we wanted was a warm and soft bed to rest when we returned after hours walking, and we had! The shower, however, could be improved: it was quite hard to get some water that wasn't freezing or boiling.

You won't find anything better for this price in NYC. It is a clean and nice hotel at a good location.

Great place and atmosphere. Very friendly staff. For anyone wanting the centre of NYC is a little out of the way but very easy and quick access on the subway. I highly recommend it.

• 8th Jan 2015

The odour in my room was very unpleasant I would've told the staff but I did not want to insult the place that i'm staying at, the facilities I wanted an iron and after 4 days of waiting I had to get my own iron!! it was frustrating as well as they did not having an ironing board aswell so where do I iron my clothes on? Also the room that I was staying at had a window to an allyway like i needed to see that and a pipe that was constantly dripping every single minute & the elevator is the slowest

• 2nd Jan 2015

The hotel charged me 110USD by mistake and never refunded the money, they just ignored my emails at some point. So they basically stole 110USD out of the credit card I registered at hostelworld, without me signing any voucher or anything. The staff is not very friendly or attentive, they could not answer some questions about basic touristic services like bus tours. The wi-fi signal was really unstable too. The only thing that I valued was that it was clean and the heat worked well.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Mexico

The kitchen in the lobby is very good! You can take your food there for heat, you can have hot water, you can enjoy movie... I love that! But the room is very small and the price is a little high. Since it is in New York, I could understand. The stuff is very nice, I should give a lot of thanks for the housekeeper and the front desk, they help me find my lost stuff and send it back to me. They are really kind and helpful. Thanks again!

• 1st Jan 2015
  • China

Staff unhelpful, not much of an atmosphere even when hostel was fully booked, bedrooms were small, dirty, blankets/towels changed daily but also dirty, heater in our room was broken, internet slow and often broken, no hot water in bathrooms on several occasions, expensive considering how basic it was, location pretty far away from everything but only 2 blocks from subway, often felt we had to repeatedly ask staff to do something as they would forget/just not do it, kitchen small -only microwaves

Door was a little weak, I felt I could kick the door hard and break it.

• 28th Dec 2014

Stayed here with 3 mates, we got 2 rooms with 2 beds in each, rooms were large, clean and secure! This hostel is in an awesome location only a 5 minutes walk to the express subway at 96th street. Staff were helpful and friendly. Would definately recommend.

• 23rd Dec 2014

I'd like a bigger choice for breakfast...

The hostel is conveniently located, next to the metro station of the 103rd street. The staff is friendly and helpful. The bathroom is clean and towels and linen are changed every day. However, our room was very small and tight. During the nights it was freezing and we had no possibility to change the temperature. Fortunately, the staff gave us an additional blanket.

Shares bathroom is not ideal, rooms where clean and relatively big for two bedroom share. Located down the far end of Broadway so limited to always getting on trains to go down town

• 18th Dec 2014