Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

Rooms are really nice, we were a party of 3 & had a private room which felt like a hotel, air con & cable! :) shared bathrooms were in need of regular cleaning, a little too uptown but very easy to get downtown & around!. Please go to the diner on broadway same block & side of the road for a traditional American feed!. Will stay here again if on a budget!.

It was in a great location close to subway to get anywhere. Near enough to Central Park to just walk. Far enough away to not be caught up in the hustle of busy tourist areas.

• 12th Jul 2015

I really like the hostel, not my first time there... Nice location... I sure recommed it

This was value for money a great location. Basic accomodation but I was happy to share and my stay here was pleasant.

I got what I paid for. The room looks like a jail cell but the sheets were clean. The lockers don't come with locks but you can buy a lock up the street. The neighborhood is safe but there are no fun places to go around there besides Central Park. Overall it was okay. Not horrible, the staff are really nice and accommodating.

The bathrooms could use a renovation, the doors didn't close without locking them. The gap between the door and the frame didn't feel safe to leave your belongings.

The location is excellent! Just few minutes to Subway and 2 blocks to Central Park! The Hostel was very nosy, there was ONLY double bed in the room (thats it!) and some staff at the reception was a bit indiffirent.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Latvia

The hostel was clean, and the staff were really helpful. if you're looking for a calm place to stay this is great for you, but we found it difficult to meet other people and they didn't have anything going on in the evenings. also the elevator was ridiculously slow, they may as well not have one!

We liked our stay and would definitely come back again. It's too bad you have to go into the hallway for the toilet or to use the shower (these could use proper cleaning) but other than that it was good. Staff was very helpful!

• 13th Jun 2015

Staff was very helpful, but made some mistakes with our reservation. Maybe fhe system should be updated to make it easy for them.

My first two nights there were good. I had to share room with another girl which was fine. The room was ok, the wifi was ok and the bathrooms were acceptable. However, my other two nights there were not so good. Had booked 4 beds in one room, but got 2 double beds. Not okay. I complained twice, but nothing was done about it. The bathrooms on the 3rd floor are absolutely unacceptable Also, there are cats walking around! And a man smokes weed in his room every day. He lives there!!!!

Simple and sufficient accommodations. Couldn't have asked for much more on a short trip to NYC. Proximity to the Marcy Ave metro made getting around easy!

You have to add 3,50 $\day and taxes at the price but it still remains one of the better and cheaper accomodation in the town. No lockers. Kitchen is only 2 microwaves and 1 boiler water; you find only paper dishes and glasses. Very poor social atmosphere because people stay outside until later. In the 2 beds dorm is possible to sleep and it's a good accomodation for single travellers who like to visit the town and sleep quietly during the night.

Nice rooms, lovely staff, not the best location.

Good location, closed to the subway station and good stuff.

• 4th Jun 2015

A very average hostel. The room is really very small. Location not fantastic. Staff are wonderful and willing to explain how to get to places of interest.

They must get a new Elevator!!!

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Mexico

After seeing the pictures of the hostel, reserving two doublebed-bedrooms I wasn't expecting the Waldorf Astoria, but was very surprised of the bunkbeds in tiny tiny rooms! Please take some pictures of your rooms like 412 and 414, not only the nice ones (with carpets, our room didn't even had that) otherwise the hostel isn't bed, but I started out with not the best first impression because I did not get what I expected.

Good basic hostel. High price for hostel, maybe ok for NY. Good location.

It's a good hotel, the staff are very kind and the location is good near to subway station.

• 10th May 2015