Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, New York, USA

Would definite lly stay again everyone very helpful. Clean. Nosiy at night with groups of young people I think signs should be posted to be courteous of others sleeping other than enjoyed my stay

• 7th Apr 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for 1 night in a 2 bed mixed dorm. The hostel was nice and clean, everything was good quality. It definitely feels a but more like a hotel than a hostel. There is a cafe on the ground floor which could possibly act as a common area to meet people. This is a good place to stay for an inexpensive good night's sleep, but not necessarily to socialise.

The additional NY tax was a surprise added to the total cost. I stayed there three nights, and though on the whole it was fine, I noticed that my pillow cover was not changed, and the sink in the shared bathroom was not cleaned either. The bath was fine and had hot water. The hotel make uses of an antique lift, which gives you plenty of time to read a whole novel while traveling. The common area and kitchen was a bit crowded and you had no option but to listen or watch Good Morning America!!

excellent lounge area

The 2-bed dorm is a very good alternative to a regular hotel room. This hostel is not really "hostel-style", it is more like a friendly hotel. But all we needed was a clean, nice and well-located place to sleep, and this hostel is all that.

Adding taxes and reserve price it finally add up pretty much the price... I found it very clean all the time. Sometiems was pretty noisy due to the teenagers...

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Though the hostel has community bathrooms, they're very clean and very good. Nice staff, Great community room with a fridge and a kitchen. Definite must stay.

Hostel is nice, a bit far from the center of manhattan but there is a metro closeby. Good facilities at the hostel (showers beds etc). If you want a bed and nothing else, then this is a good choice.

No hot water, no daily supplies, very noisy radiator, the staff was not so friendly or helpful.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Sweden

The only bad thing was that wifi only worked in the first floor. but everything else was amazing! the staff was very cool, and everything was really clean.

Great hostel in the Upper West Side of Manhattan! The only thing I felt they were missing was lockers in the dorm rooms, but I had a lock on my bag, so it was OK. I will probably sleep here again when I go back to NYC since it's cheap and it's easy to meet new people here!

• 20th Feb 2014
  • Norway

One of the best hostels I've ever been to - we were treated like royalty That broadway bagels though....mmmmmm We're planning on coming again and have already recommended the place like mad Weoooo

• 18th Feb 2014

There is NO wifi in the bedrooms.

i really enjoyed my stay at the broadway hotel n hostel. the staff was very helpful and friendly and the hotel is very easy to reach by subway. however, it would be nice to have wifi in the rooms and i felt like our room was very cold and there was no way of heating it a bit more. i would still go back though because i feel like it's very good value for the money and i enjoyed staying in a two bed room with my friend (you don't have to worry about waking anyone up in the middle of the night..)

• 30th Jan 2014
  • Switzerland

Facilities a bit old, good for a short stay though

The room was a little bit cold in winter. But the sink was in the room, and shared bathroom was not a problem at all. It has a kitchen and tables to have meal, and cozy sofa and television as well. The room was spacious. The wifi is available in the lobby only.

THe hostel was very nice and the staff friendly and helpful. is very close to the central park and the subway station, but for walk to the time square is it far away.

• 27th Jan 2014

Awesome staffers, seriously! Also happened to have a equally wonderful roommate, which is cherry on top.

• 25th Jan 2014
  • China

I totally recommend!

• 24th Jan 2014

Great safe location. Rooms are very clean as is the shared bathrooms, all cleaned daily. The staff were very friendly and willing to help with anything. The kitchen and lounge area is fantastic. Very happy with our stay and will stay here on each visit to the city.

• 20th Jan 2014