Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

The elevator was very slow- other than that it was great!

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Couple, 41+

The staff at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and actually better than we expected. The elevator was a little sketchy and nerve wracking. It was definitely one of the smallest elevators I've ever been on for a commercial building and the "official" signs in it were written on with words like "elevator not for persons" crossed out. That was a little unsettling. But overall it was a fine experience for the short time we were actually in the hostel.

• 31st Dec 2015

Good stay here. Wifi is good and reliable. Shower was awesome. Beds comfy. Though we stayed in a private room so not sure about the dorms. Staff were friendly and helpful. He bagel shop over the road is awesome. Not too far into main Manhattan, about an hour walking (by the park, it's nice), or 15 mins on the subway - there's a station round the corner. Have fun!

The best thing about this hostel is value for money and location. It's on a street with a huge number of restaurants and cafes as well as only two blocks from a metro station. If you walk down to 96th street station, you can get the express downtown which only takes a few minutes. Rooms are cleaned daily and there is plenty of shared bathrooms meaning you never have to wait. The only criticism is that the wifi is very patchy and does not work very well in the rooms, and the elevator takes ages.

• 23rd Dec 2015
  • New Zealand

Room was great. Shared bathroom showers were ridiculous. One was a trickle as the water spilled over the shower head snd trickled all down one side in a small stream, and the other shower had higher pressure but with minimal working water holes and the ones that worked spurted out in all directions making it hard to even get washed. FYI doctors literally on next block. Dont let hostel call the 24hr service. Cost me $5300 australian for a simple prescription. Scam to make insurance companies pay.

Great location. Very noisy, even on the 6th floor.

Cupboards where covered with dust even after the "cleaning". Our bathroom was very old and used - did not look like the pics at all.

Friendly staff; clean

• 26th Nov 2015

Location was great! It's more of a cheap hotel then a hostel, no real atmosphere so if your young and waiting to party I probably wouldn't stay here. Staff were awesome and helpful! Rooms were clean and cleaned once a day which was great.

Wi-fi was incredibly slow, almost no point having it.

• 19th Nov 2015

I thought that the location of the hotel was great. The only problem I had was a bit of invasion of property. I mean, my food was gone (from my room), my bag was opened and sometimes they wouldn't knock and just come in my room. Also, the bed was really hard and I had a really bad backpain.

• 14th Nov 2015

Seriously give Jay your doorman a raise he is awesome. Best hostel I've ever stayed at. Best most friendly and kind staff. I will be back for round 2!

• 13th Nov 2015

The staff was really cool and it offer a good value for money

• 9th Nov 2015
  • Mexico

We had a great room although we didnt have our own bathroom (which is what we actually booked). However the view was great and the room was nice and big so we decoder to stay in the room withouten the bathroom. Bathrooms were almost always empty so it was totally fine. Thanks!

• 4th Nov 2015
  • Netherlands Antilles

Nice communal area in the hostel. Lovely staff. The bed was the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in and was not worth the price of the hostel at all. All you could feel were the springs not worth the price of the hostel at all. Very disappointing.

Wifi very poor in room

its very bad i went to room there was no pilov and too expensive too small room. i dont advice this hostel

• 2nd Nov 2015
  • Turkey

The staff was "moody"... the girl at the front desk was kinda rude, actually...

• 28th Oct 2015
  • mellzis

Good place to stay for the money. Solid location close to the subway. Very basic but gets the job done.

• 26th Oct 2015

A men wake me up at 2 am to sleep in my room : a female dorm. We spend 5 nights : 3 differents rooms. To keep your luggage before leaving is not free !!! Wifi doesn't work

• 13th Oct 2015