Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

I stayed in the hostel in three different rooms and whatever bathroom i used on whatever moment, It was always in a pristine condition. The friendlines and helpfullness of the staff was not always as good as it could be, but satisfying.

I liked the entrance hall and facilities there. Staff were very friendly and there was a lot of free information available (pamphlets, maps, etc) that was very useful. The only problem was the small size of the dorm - stifling. Larger rooms should be used for dorms - even two-bed dorms. The room I stayed in was hardly suitable for one person, let alone two or more. They are going for quantity (of people) at the expense of quality. I found it expensive for the type of accommodation it offered.

• 14th Jul 2014

The staff was friendly and helpful. Good location.

• 14th Jul 2014

No laundry facilities, the beds are not very clean and have bugs in them. The showers on the top floors are rubbish, for a shared facility the showers are poor you are better standing outside in the rain as there is more power there than in the showers on the top floors. No wifi on the top floors is also an issue. My advise is pay the little bit extra and stay at a hotel with good showers and free wifi.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Great place, great room, great location! Close to tons of great places to eat and drink., close to the subway, and central park. The only thing that could be improved upon is the humid bathroom. Otherwise, everything was great.

I did not like seeing other people's hair on my sheet . . .

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Japan

The bathrooms always very dirty, disgusting! There was cat hair all over the hallway! I expected to pay an amount and had to pay almost $ 100 more! Stinky and dirty hotel!

• 9th Jul 2014

The hostel is well located by the subway. The rooms are not very big but it is very clean and quiet. We enjoyed our stay in this hostel.

• 7th Jul 2014

Great location so I guess that's why it's the cost it is but they don't have much to say they have a kitchen (just a kettle, fridge and microwave with no cups to make coffee/tea) and eating out in NYC everyday can be costly.

All the staff was great and always willing to help, Plus I like the fact that every time I left the building they would say hi and have a nice day. I have not stayed at many places where all the staff is like that.

• 3rd Jul 2014

My floor had a horrible smell. The elevator looked like it was going to break and it took forever to arrive. The staff were not friendly. At check out the receptionist did not even looked at me and when I thanked and said goodbye she simply did not answer and turned away. The lobby is very simple, the kitchen has practically nothing.

We had such a good stay ! The staff is nice and the room was not too big not too small !

Hostel is average but first we checked in hotel we couldnt get our deposit money. Paid on website with credit card but when we arrived in hostel they said: you paid this money to hostelworld to redirect!?what the hell redirect??deposit should have been returned because we reserved this room and we came and checked in!! I dont wanna use hostelworld.com anymore!!!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Hairs (not ours) in one of the bunk beds. Sink in the room, but not even a chair. 2 Lockers in our twin room on the 7th floor. Bathroom on the left (once you got through the door) was filthy. Very loud wanna be a/c. We had to turn it off at night . Much too hot in the room. We couldn't sleep through and woke up early. No recommendation!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Very nice place to stay, a bit far from all the happening stuff but very close to the subway so it was easy to get around. The staff were all very sweet and helpful and the rooms themselves were average. Quite small but i guess that is to be expected in New York. All in all if you dont mind roughing it out a bit, its a nice place to stay.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • India

It was an amazing stay. First of the day my mattrass was really bad so I asked them if they could change it and they did it directly. I slept perfect. Also the housekeeper. She cleaned every day the fifth floor and she was amazing! Always working with a smile and always asking how I was doing. The shower was also perfect. It was like rain. It just dropped on you out of the roof. I really loved the shower. Perfect location, nice staff and always helpfull.

• 13th Jun 2014

Beds were comfy. There were no lines to bathrooms, maybe because of mirror and sink in dorms. Hostel was near to metro. One block away there were a good place Metro Diner to have typical American breakfast. Staff could be more interested to greet customers.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Everything was great. Only bad thing was the sound of the tv in the como area. It didnt work for four days. I would definetly recomend it. Thanks to every one of the staff. It was Wonderful

It was a great experience! the most important thing was the lovely people who work there I would love to comeback

• 31st May 2014
  • Argentina

It was great being there! I felt safe!

• 30th May 2014