Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

Very poor facilities - non-working toaster, only plastic cutlery, no kitchen range to cook anything. Ordered a room with private bathroom, which was eventually located across the corridor and normally serve for all the guests.

The rooms are basic but clean, the kitchen can barely be called a kitchen as there is no cutlery or crockery provided except for disposable items. Apparently they get stolen so they can't be bothered replacing them. The lounge area is good but you aren't allowed to control the tv remote and have to ask to change the channel or volume etc. Maggie was great but other staff seemed bored and disinterested. Gd location close to subway. Luggage storage is extra once you check out.

I found a mousse in my room- i freak out! Also a cocorach at the bathroom should shower-- filty

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Peru

The staff was great! The location is great 2 blocks from the 103rd street stop and a few blocks from the 96th which has more lines go out of it. Clean, the wifi was kinda spotty at times but when I wasn't able to log on they gave me a few dollars to use their computer plugged into the wall.

The staff was excellent and very friendly and when all the rooms are renovated this will be a much better place to stay. Unfortunately the extra guests in the room were not welcome. At this time there is a rodent issue (mice) which makes the place not a healthy environment, I am sure it does not help with some people storing cereal and food in the corridors. We were promissed a refund for the room; however, to this date non has been received.

• 27th Nov 2014

Great location, close to train line, and great value for money. Really old building and facilities but has everything you need to stay for a few nights to see NYC

• 25th Nov 2014

excellent!! the staff are very friendly and attentive. clean and beautiful hotel rooms. received and kept my purchase packages. I recommend

• 25th Nov 2014

Good location, cheap fare, serves well if you are planning a trip to Manhattan and you are staying a couple of nights.

• 13th Nov 2014
  • Mexico

This place is pretty good but when you are tired and a bit jet lagged you don't like to hear you re meant to be out by now when you arrived in at midnight and had to pay for a couple of days accomo. It was a miss understanding but it was still annoying. they were also renovating and that meant you had to use the worlds slowest elevator. The rooms are too hot because the water service runs through them. I didn't mind my stay I just though for the price it could much better. Its in a safe location

Would have appreciated having safes in the rooms, specially that the lock on our door was very weak and easily broken into. Dorm room didn't have a fridge or a tv. Private room did have a tv but no remote. Staff is helpful but not very friendly. Amenities in lobby included fridge and microwave which was nice. Location of hotel is amazing, right by the 1 subway line. Rooms also weren't the cleanest, there were holes in the walls were there was piping but bathrooms were kept fairly clean.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

It seems like a hotel, not a hostel. If you are travelling alone I don't suggest the hotel because the atmosphere isn't good to know people. I stayed in 2 different rooms. The first one, more expensive, was spacious, with 2 pillows each bed and the bed was ok. The cheaper was so small, the bed wasn't good and the there was only 1 pillow, that was terrible. The elevator is very slow.... sometimes I preffered to use the stairs. I had some problems with the wifi, but in works ok in general.

would've been nice to have a stove or cooking facilities

By far the best hostel in NYC. Stayed here twice, loved it. Has an elevator, nice staff, 2 blocks from 1 train, wifi on every floor, and close to all your needs. Rooms are small but clean. Can't recommend it enough.

I loved the kitchen as well as the lounges. They were new and comfortable. The staff was also helpful and friendly.

• 12th Oct 2014

The cleanliness was very poor! I had a towel for the first night that was so thin that it didn't even dry me! My sheets and blanket had hair from someone else and the pillow was very lump and out of shape. The bath room was also very dirty with the shower head spray all over the place and not even wetting me! The staff were also a little abrupt.

It wasn't clean enough. We had problems because they didn't have enough room for us, so they changed us several times, (they respond giving us discounts, but that wasn't not enough). I've paid for a private room and they gave me because of the vacancy a shared room for me and my boyfriend assuring me that it was going to be private, and in the middle of the night some people opened our room twice. They gave us "free breakfast" for the inconvenience and they don't have that service.

Nice hôtel. Bathroom and room were clean. Nice staff. Near the métro station

• 1st Oct 2014

Mattress was very uncomfortable. Fire alarms were not working during my stay.

• 29th Sep 2014

The free parking is just street parking; not easy to find one spot

• 28th Sep 2014
  • China

Elevator very small fits about 4. Wait time more than normal. Do bring a lock to lock up personal. Missing change one day. Great location. Close to subway and central park. Clean. 4 restrooms to each floor. Had no wait time. Great friendly personnel. My second time there.

• 16th Sep 2014