Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

Excellent place to stay. The staff is really concerned about helping you, and it is close to the subway. Definitely it is worthy the money. Had an excellent time there!

• 22nd Mar 2015

Great value for a stay in New York City. It will save you a lot of money. I stayed in a private ensuite room and it was very clean. About two blocks away from line 1 on 103rd and Broadway. And about 15min walk to central park. I'll stay here again some day.

Great place for a great price in an expensive city as NYC. If I could make any suggestions for the hostel, it would be to add energy outlets in the rooms. I stayed in a room with a bunk bed, and there was no place for me to charge my cell phone near my top bed. The internet connection is also troublesome. It only works properly in the common are, not in the rooms.

It was a very pleasant stay at Broadway Hotel. Our rooms were big enough for the 4 of us and very tidy. There was a small kitchen that can be used for free. Public transport is nearby. Worth the money and nice to stay at. =)

Great hostel for the location and money.

Great little hostel/hotel. The staff work hard to please and it shows. Its a clean well kept place. The location is safe and convenient. I recommend the hostel as a safe affordable home base while out in the wilds of New York.

All good. Just recommend this hostel.

The place is very centrally located, easy to get to, quite expensive.

Terrible place. I think all the good reviews are for the private rooms. This is NOT a real hostel. I stayed in 2 bed dorm (room 232) and it was very much a shoebox (Where are the photos for this? Had I known, I wouldve never booked this place, it was very expensive) Room was about 2meters wide, could only fit a bunk bed. There was a window but no light could come in. The shared bathrooms were more spacious than my room but the showers were shocking, the water temperature kept changing.

Great location and friendly staff. Our bedroom door squeak terribly, nothing a bit of grease won't fix . Great, comfortable stay!

Really lovely hostel, staff were friendly and helpful, really enjoyed our stay here

Excellent location. I felt my valuables were kept safe and secure. Please note I had my own private room. Staff friendly with warm atmosphere. Adequate cleanliness. At one point on my trip I needed a computer and printer and fortunately these facilities were available.

• 16th Feb 2015

It was great! Well be back!

The mattesses were horrible but everything else was perfect! Thank you. Would book for a short trip again

This is a hostel to avoid at all costs. I stayed for 2 nights and never had hot water (you can imagine how great it is to have to shower in freezing water during the winter). Furthermore, there was a power outage the day I arrived, so I also had no electricity in my whole floor and no WiFi anywhere in the hostel. Finally, the other person who was allocated to my dorm also sneaked a stranger into the room in the second night, so take your own conclusions on the security part.

Disturbed sleep: Loud clanking heating system all night. Unecological: Bed sheets and towels are changed every day, despite my asking (every day) to not waste the resources. Overcharged: paid the Hostelworld 10% deposit, but still got 100% of charges when I arrived.

Great wifi, reasonably priced for NYC. Not an excellent location but close to subway line downtown. Staff were excellent - couldn't fault their service at all.

I loved the place. My girlfriend and I went for NY for a week vacation and I'll that we wanted was a warm and soft bed to rest when we returned after hours walking, and we had! The shower, however, could be improved: it was quite hard to get some water that wasn't freezing or boiling.

You won't find anything better for this price in NYC. It is a clean and nice hotel at a good location.

Great place and atmosphere. Very friendly staff. For anyone wanting the centre of NYC is a little out of the way but very easy and quick access on the subway. I highly recommend it.

• 8th Jan 2015