Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

I loved the kitchen as well as the lounges. They were new and comfortable. The staff was also helpful and friendly.

• 12th Oct 2014

The cleanliness was very poor! I had a towel for the first night that was so thin that it didn't even dry me! My sheets and blanket had hair from someone else and the pillow was very lump and out of shape. The bath room was also very dirty with the shower head spray all over the place and not even wetting me! The staff were also a little abrupt.

Nice hôtel. Bathroom and room were clean. Nice staff. Near the métro station

• 1st Oct 2014

Mattress was very uncomfortable. Fire alarms were not working during my stay.

• 29th Sep 2014

The free parking is just street parking; not easy to find one spot

• 28th Sep 2014
  • China

Elevator very small fits about 4. Wait time more than normal. Do bring a lock to lock up personal. Missing change one day. Great location. Close to subway and central park. Clean. 4 restrooms to each floor. Had no wait time. Great friendly personnel. My second time there.

• 16th Sep 2014

Well located and quiet hostel, some bathrooms are not such clean and functionals (at least the one I had), and keep in mind that check-in begins at 3pm, so if you arrive early in the morning they kindly keep your bags for free but plan to hang around before settling into the hostel

I definitely would recommend Broadway Hotel n Hostel. Very nice place, very clean and cozy with a really great common area where you can cook small meals or just sit and watch TV. Great staff. Very safe neighborhood. Good price. Subway and bus nearby.

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Portugal

Exceptional Staff. Very Clean. Good price. Great location on Broadway near Subway.

Staff on desk were absolutely amazing. I lost my passport and they got in contact with the relevant authorities and embassies and pointed me in the right direction. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

Very pleasant stay, perfect for my needs! Good wifi, plenty of bathroom facilities, good air conditioning and a very comfortable relaxation/kitchen area. Nice and close to the 103rd Subway station and also close enough to the 96th street stop, too. Staff were as pleasant as was necessary and security was reassuringly apparent.

Rooms are much more basic than they look in pictures. Maybe just your luck of what room you get. But I wouldn't have paid the amount I did if I had seen my room beforehand. Staff were okay but not overly helpful. Location is good, easy to get into the city centre.

Very Recommendable! Everybody was very friendly and helpful, room was nice and cosy, we even had a sink in it. Our room was very quiet, so we didn't hear much from our neighbours! Very nice chill-out zone in the first floor, unfortunately with TVs running all the time. Big 24/7 nearby (2 blocks N).

the hostel is okay and the location is quite good. as long as you're not planning to spend much time indoors its okay. really nothing special though

The staff is always so friendly and heplful!

a bit old but it's clean and it's near the tube.

I was not pleased to discover the final charges were higher than shown on my reservation - the clerk said it was taxes - seemed unfair to add on additional amounts. The building itself and the rooms were an older NYC apartment house - similar to the one I grew up in on 121st Street, and the nostalgia was wonderful! Love those tiled bathroom floors. Sufficient bathrooms that there was no wait and they were clean and charming. Easy access by both bus and subway. Would definitely stay again.

• 11th Aug 2014

Very noisy at night because there were children running around? Facilities were not very clean and it felt like we were imposing on residents who permanently lived there.

• 9th Aug 2014

The latch for the locker in my room was not fixed properly. My sister and I had to share the top locker -the inappropriate apparatus used as the latch to secure the locker was not the right size for my lock that I brought and it was loose and did not feel secure. Otherwise - the room was great for what we needed -a comfortable place to sleep. Fresh linens and towels each day -clean bathrooms - quiet atmosphere. Definitely worth it - would stay again.

• 8th Aug 2014

We had a very good stay at this hostel. I had stayed there in 2009 and it has been completely remodeled. We had a private bedroom with a private bathroom outside of the bedroom (don't forget your flip-flops!). The bedroom was clean and big enough for the three of us, but if there are four guests, I would say one of the bed is too small to it two persons. There was a TV and a sink in our bedroom. The only thing missing is a coat hanger and some things to hand towels.

• 6th Aug 2014