Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

The odour in my room was very unpleasant I would've told the staff but I did not want to insult the place that i'm staying at, the facilities I wanted an iron and after 4 days of waiting I had to get my own iron!! it was frustrating as well as they did not having an ironing board aswell so where do I iron my clothes on? Also the room that I was staying at had a window to an allyway like i needed to see that and a pipe that was constantly dripping every single minute & the elevator is the slowest

• 2nd Jan 2015

The hotel charged me 110USD by mistake and never refunded the money, they just ignored my emails at some point. So they basically stole 110USD out of the credit card I registered at hostelworld, without me signing any voucher or anything. The staff is not very friendly or attentive, they could not answer some questions about basic touristic services like bus tours. The wi-fi signal was really unstable too. The only thing that I valued was that it was clean and the heat worked well.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Mexico

The kitchen in the lobby is very good! You can take your food there for heat, you can have hot water, you can enjoy movie... I love that! But the room is very small and the price is a little high. Since it is in New York, I could understand. The stuff is very nice, I should give a lot of thanks for the housekeeper and the front desk, they help me find my lost stuff and send it back to me. They are really kind and helpful. Thanks again!

• 1st Jan 2015
  • China

Staff unhelpful, not much of an atmosphere even when hostel was fully booked, bedrooms were small, dirty, blankets/towels changed daily but also dirty, heater in our room was broken, internet slow and often broken, no hot water in bathrooms on several occasions, expensive considering how basic it was, location pretty far away from everything but only 2 blocks from subway, often felt we had to repeatedly ask staff to do something as they would forget/just not do it, kitchen small -only microwaves

Door was a little weak, I felt I could kick the door hard and break it.

• 28th Dec 2014

Stayed here with 3 mates, we got 2 rooms with 2 beds in each, rooms were large, clean and secure! This hostel is in an awesome location only a 5 minutes walk to the express subway at 96th street. Staff were helpful and friendly. Would definately recommend.

• 23rd Dec 2014

I'd like a bigger choice for breakfast...

The hostel is conveniently located, next to the metro station of the 103rd street. The staff is friendly and helpful. The bathroom is clean and towels and linen are changed every day. However, our room was very small and tight. During the nights it was freezing and we had no possibility to change the temperature. Fortunately, the staff gave us an additional blanket.

Shares bathroom is not ideal, rooms where clean and relatively big for two bedroom share. Located down the far end of Broadway so limited to always getting on trains to go down town

• 18th Dec 2014

Overall, good stay given the affordable price.

This hostel is located in a great location on the upper west side. only 2 blocks from the line 1 metro. Although a bit old the rooms & bathrooms were cleaned daily & I was pleasantly surprised that the sheets & towels were changed daily. There is a well equipped supermarket nearby that sold delicious pre packaged salads/sandwiches so it made it easy to avoid the kitchen & was affordable. Wifi was good & I got it in my room (3rd floor). I was able to Skype with no issues.

They lost a couple towels of mine and didn't give me anything to recompense me.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Very poor facilities - non-working toaster, only plastic cutlery, no kitchen range to cook anything. Ordered a room with private bathroom, which was eventually located across the corridor and normally serve for all the guests.

Upon arrival, they charged me more than what was said in the email sent by Hostelworld. It was around 6% more than the amount stated by Hostelworld, which they explained as some sort of fee charged by the website. I might be wrong, but it seemed a bit strange to me.

The rooms are basic but clean, the kitchen can barely be called a kitchen as there is no cutlery or crockery provided except for disposable items. Apparently they get stolen so they can't be bothered replacing them. The lounge area is good but you aren't allowed to control the tv remote and have to ask to change the channel or volume etc. Maggie was great but other staff seemed bored and disinterested. Gd location close to subway. Luggage storage is extra once you check out.

I found a mousse in my room- i freak out! Also a cocorach at the bathroom should shower-- filty

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Peru

The room was clean and most of the staff was friendly. However, there were problems with the heating and the room was always felt like a sauna. The heater was making loud noises too and the window did not close properly.

The staff was great! The location is great 2 blocks from the 103rd street stop and a few blocks from the 96th which has more lines go out of it. Clean, the wifi was kinda spotty at times but when I wasn't able to log on they gave me a few dollars to use their computer plugged into the wall.

The staff was excellent and very friendly and when all the rooms are renovated this will be a much better place to stay. Unfortunately the extra guests in the room were not welcome. At this time there is a rodent issue (mice) which makes the place not a healthy environment, I am sure it does not help with some people storing cereal and food in the corridors. We were promissed a refund for the room; however, to this date non has been received.

• 27th Nov 2014

Great location, close to train line, and great value for money. Really old building and facilities but has everything you need to stay for a few nights to see NYC

• 25th Nov 2014