Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

You have to add 3,50 $\day and taxes at the price but it still remains one of the better and cheaper accomodation in the town. No lockers. Kitchen is only 2 microwaves and 1 boiler water; you find only paper dishes and glasses. Very poor social atmosphere because people stay outside until later. In the 2 beds dorm is possible to sleep and it's a good accomodation for single travellers who like to visit the town and sleep quietly during the night.

Nice rooms, lovely staff, not the best location.

Good location, closed to the subway station and good stuff.

• 4th Jun 2015

A very average hostel. The room is really very small. Location not fantastic. Staff are wonderful and willing to explain how to get to places of interest.

They must get a new Elevator!!!

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Mexico

After seeing the pictures of the hostel, reserving two doublebed-bedrooms I wasn't expecting the Waldorf Astoria, but was very surprised of the bunkbeds in tiny tiny rooms! Please take some pictures of your rooms like 412 and 414, not only the nice ones (with carpets, our room didn't even had that) otherwise the hostel isn't bed, but I started out with not the best first impression because I did not get what I expected.

Good basic hostel. High price for hostel, maybe ok for NY. Good location.

It's a good hotel, the staff are very kind and the location is good near to subway station.

• 10th May 2015

Room was great. Position fantastic. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Kitchen facilities were very basic.

Great location, very easy to catch the subway and the subway is fairly safe, so no issues there. The dorms are great- mostly only two bed dorms. The staff are friendly and helpful. Only small issue is that the hot water was temperamental. I was on level 3 and it would take a good 5-10 minutes for the water to heat up, and if you were showering in the morning you could forget about having a hot shower. The upside is when we were there they were installing air-conditioners in every room.

• 6th May 2015

There are few shower rooms on each floor, but some of those were not good. Not all showers work well or clean. They changed towel every day and it was really good. Also staff were very friendly and kind.

Excellent staff, complainted about room no Ac, and they put one there that night

Some matresses were very old (springs). Básic rooms ok for the price. Some of the staff were great! At night once was one new who didnt know how to solve a situation.

My biggest complaints are: 1) the doors to the stairwell were slammed at all hours of the night - which could be solved with a sign (Please don't slam the door). 2) the clientele was suspect - I had one interaction with a man who looked like a drug addict and belonged in a halfway house, the other was a family and a child who was unhappy and SCREAMED/cried with dissatisfaction. There was also a cat wandering around & it seemed like some people were living there.

Great staff, the guy with the glasses and beard ( I don't know his name) gave me a very walm welcome and definitely deserves extra praise considering it was my first time checking in anywhere alone! I had a great stay but the only downside was that I didn't meet that many people as there didn't seem to be many opportunities to.

The staff were really friendly, always happy to suggest good places to eat and drink etc. Rooms are small, but really only needed for sleeping in as there is so much to do in this city! Not all the showers are great, but I was usually able to find a better one just down the hallway. The Wifi worked perfectly fine for me in all the rooms I stayed in, even on the 7th floor. The lobby area and kitchen is really nice although only toaster, kettle and microwave provided and paper plates.

Rooms are small, but in general clean. Door to restroom and shower couldn't be locked. The staff was very friendly. But the payment policy is kind of weird. I received a confirmation letter of hostelworld about the total(!) amount to pay due to arrival. In this letter it says it includes taxes etc. BUT: upon arrival, I was charged about 20USD more and when I asked why, the staff came up with bad excuses like additional taxes etc.,all in all: not very transparent and not to recommend.

• 16th Apr 2015

The bathroom should be cleaned more often, the rooms are minimal but clean. Our room looked like a prison cell.

• 14th Apr 2015
  • Switzerland

Location was good for central park and very near the subway so it was easy to get into downtown Manhatten. Did not really have a hostel feel, it was more like a hotel. Rooms were pretty small but then you are in New York so are not in your room that often.

Great location & really good value for money! There were a few issues with the bathrooms during our stay and it was a little noisy but we overlooked this as everything else was great and the price we paid was such good value for money.

• 12th Apr 2015