Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

The room we had was not the same as the one we supposed to book on the website. They was only 2 beds, no chair to put at least a bag or clothes, no places for clothes at all and the bathroom towel had holes ! The door could not close without closing it with the key. The elevator was average. I would be satisfied if The cost was 30$ for each night but it was 60 !!!! It's too much. I did not like the place at all.

• 5th Oct 2015

Stayed here for 4 nights which was 3 nights too long. Location is good as it's near the subway however I found the rooms to resemble a jail cell. The hallways smelled and I generally felt unclean being here. My sheets often had hair on them after they'd be refreshed if a morning and in 2 cases I had to request a towel and pillow case as they didn't provide me with one. The common areas are really poor. There's no encouragement from the staff to mingle or meet new people - that is there was no pr

Great location, clean & friendly.

There was no hostel atmosphere. Blankets were not clean although they're being changed everyday. Don't expect a second pillow. The bunk bed was horrible, it was shaking in the slightest movement. Also keep in mind that "An additional 14.75% New York City hotel tax and a $3.50/room/night occupancy fee will be added to your balance to be paid on arrival. "

• 1st Sep 2015
  • Turkey

After staying 5 nights at the hostel, I decided to stay 1 more so I asked if there was an available room for me and the answer was no. So I tried to find another hostel via Hostelworld and for my surprise there was a room available at Broadway Hostel. I booked the room and paid a deposit. But when I did the check-in, the amount paid at the deposit was not deducted from the balance to be paid on arrival. I’ve told that I paid a deposit but the girl didn’t deduct it. I've paid more than I should!

Average at best. Wifi would not work after about 7pm in the hostel. Rooms were small and the air conditioning wasn't effective. It wasn't made clear at the start of the stay that there would be a charge for luggage storage on the day of departure. On the plus side, the cleaners (which were a surprise) did a great job in the rooms and there is hot water!!

• 28th Aug 2015

This was more of a hotel experience than hostel. There was not any atmosphere in common areas at all. However we didn't mind because we were busy exploring NYC. Easy location for catching the subway! We used it everyday and night, so quick to get around because there isn't much else to see where this hostel is. Would not recommend for a solo traveller.

Fantastic location and very friendly and helpful staff

• 15th Aug 2015

absolutyly never stay there again!

• 14th Aug 2015
  • Thailand

We stayed in two Deluxe Double Rooms, very nice standard, always clean and beds made when we got back. Showers and toilets were good and clean. The hostel is around a 5 minute walk from 96th street, the subway, making getting further into the city really easy. There was lots of restaurants and bars close by too. The staff did not know where a local gym was and the lift is tiny but the steps are good exercise. Kitchen area was very good

• 12th Aug 2015