Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

the hostel is okay and the location is quite good. as long as you're not planning to spend much time indoors its okay. really nothing special though

The staff is always so friendly and heplful!

a bit old but it's clean and it's near the tube.

I was not pleased to discover the final charges were higher than shown on my reservation - the clerk said it was taxes - seemed unfair to add on additional amounts. The building itself and the rooms were an older NYC apartment house - similar to the one I grew up in on 121st Street, and the nostalgia was wonderful! Love those tiled bathroom floors. Sufficient bathrooms that there was no wait and they were clean and charming. Easy access by both bus and subway. Would definitely stay again.

• 11th Aug 2014

Very noisy at night because there were children running around? Facilities were not very clean and it felt like we were imposing on residents who permanently lived there.

• 9th Aug 2014

The latch for the locker in my room was not fixed properly. My sister and I had to share the top locker -the inappropriate apparatus used as the latch to secure the locker was not the right size for my lock that I brought and it was loose and did not feel secure. Otherwise - the room was great for what we needed -a comfortable place to sleep. Fresh linens and towels each day -clean bathrooms - quiet atmosphere. Definitely worth it - would stay again.

• 8th Aug 2014

We had a very good stay at this hostel. I had stayed there in 2009 and it has been completely remodeled. We had a private bedroom with a private bathroom outside of the bedroom (don't forget your flip-flops!). The bedroom was clean and big enough for the three of us, but if there are four guests, I would say one of the bed is too small to it two persons. There was a TV and a sink in our bedroom. The only thing missing is a coat hanger and some things to hand towels.

• 6th Aug 2014

'kitchen' was a microwave with no bowls/dishes that could be used in it.

Friendly staff, close to Subway, very clean. Bathroom facilities adequate and wi-fi seemed a little intermittent, but all in all a pleasant stay and I would recommend Broadway H'n'H.

Looking for a cheapish place to stay in NYC that is not too far from the centre then this is a good choice. Not really a hostel as lacks atmosphere. Right on Broadway subway line so really easy to navigate the myriad of New York City! In a really laid back suburban area with excellent choice of bars and restaurants. A good choice for anyone!

Very close to subway station.

• 28th Jul 2014
  • Peru

This was my second time staying at this location. Great staff and wonderful location. Our room was clean and everything met our standards.

• 28th Jul 2014

Most importantly, you can meet interesting people there.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • China

One of the nicest Hostels I've ever stayed to be honest. Clean, good location... What do u want more! We were really happy! But for the future it would be nice if they offer breakfast ...even if its just donuts or cereals :)

• 26th Jul 2014

It's a good value. A little bit old perhaps. Not too fancy but comfortable in the end.

Very nice hostel, easy to find. The rooms are spacious and clean, the only thing is that the bathroom wasn't inside the room, like we had selected. Safe at night and helpful staff.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed in the hostel in three different rooms and whatever bathroom i used on whatever moment, It was always in a pristine condition. The friendlines and helpfullness of the staff was not always as good as it could be, but satisfying.

Had an amazing stay here! Wouldn't fault them and can't wait to come back and stay again!

• 16th Jul 2014

I liked the entrance hall and facilities there. Staff were very friendly and there was a lot of free information available (pamphlets, maps, etc) that was very useful. The only problem was the small size of the dorm - stifling. Larger rooms should be used for dorms - even two-bed dorms. The room I stayed in was hardly suitable for one person, let alone two or more. They are going for quantity (of people) at the expense of quality. I found it expensive for the type of accommodation it offered.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Good location.

• 14th Jul 2014