Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

Great area in nyc. Near to the best market ship I've ever seen. Staff are really helpful and our room was good, however the kitchen is a big let down. To call it a kitchen is like calling my office at work a kitchen as it has the same amenities...A kettle and a microwave. But if you don't want to cook I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

Every time I go to NYC I stay here. The 1, 2,

• 29th May 2014

A great place for my stay in NYC! Especially for its location.It is very convenient to go to anywhere in NY because the subway is only about two minutes walking.

• 28th May 2014
  • China

I think every time I stay there I get m ore impressed at how convenient comfy,and has the same feel as home, but at such a great but at such a great fair. Another great part is that it has an elevator and very clean comfortable large bathrooms. so I co...uld stay there time and so I could stay there time and time again.

The room and the beds were big and we had a TV. There was even a sink in the room, even though we didn't have a suite. The staff upgraded us for free into a better room upon our arrival. The wifi worked only in the lobby, but not in our room on the higher floors.

An average hostel and the price is reasonable (for NY of course!!).

• 23rd May 2014
  • Thailand

The two bed dorms were tiny and the facilities were very minimal. The lobby is pretty nice though. Not a very good hostel compared to others especially for the price, but considering it's in New York it's not bad.

The value for money is great given the prices in New York. Also, there is a subway station nearby. Thus, the only thing I really disliked (the location) wasn't really a problem. We had a great time!

Every stay at the Broadway seems to be better then the last. Whether it's Vivika's top-notch professional hospitality or the warmth of Maggie's charisma, the staff at the Broadway really go the extra mile to make sure you feel valued and at home. That's the reason I began staying their as a single man in 2003 and that is why it is still the only place I stay in NYC with my family a decade later. My heart goes out to the unfortunate souls a block away at the Marrakech who are paying $585 a night

Located in a nice area, just a fair way away from the action in downtown Manhattan. Pleasant staff and atmosphere though slightly on the pricey side but then again it is NYC.

The hostel is nice. The room was bigger than expected but there is really no WiFi in the rooms! Besides the hostel is a bit far away from midtown Manhattan. We always had to go by subway what is expensive. The doors weren't really closed!

Excellent location!

I booked a room with bathroom as I do every time I go. We got there early (1 pm) and left our luggage. Before leaving we asked if we should do checking even if we could not enter the room since we were going to go back late. We were told that we did not have to because it was all set. When we arrive to the hostel to check in we were given a room with a "private" bathroom down the hall. The receptionist said it was because our "late check-in". I am very disappointed and probably will not go back.

• 11th May 2014
  • Spain

Nice. Clean. Very helpful staff.

The staff was extremely helpful and very nice! Will definitely stay here again!

• 9th May 2014

I enjoyed staying there! It was just pretty loud through the windows from the street!

• 9th May 2014

I liked the staff, they took the time to explain different routes to go sightseeing and to see different places. The room and bathroom got cleaned everyday and the cleaning crew was very nice and thoughtful if I took an afternoon nap or slept in late. Overall it was a very enjoyable stay, if I return for a visit I would stay here again!

I was kinda held back at first by the negative feedback from some comments. But when I arrived I loved this place! I lived on the 7th floor, had a shared bedroom with other two people. Room was hostel standard, not much to say nor complain about. The bathrooms were really clean though, out of my expectation! The staff were extremely kind and helpful. I was even allowed to use it for a shower before checking in. In all, enjoyed my stay.

• 3rd May 2014
  • China

Great staff, excellent service, service which served my needs. Would be good to have a few hangers in the room and the bathroom (hangers are very cheap!!!), which would make life much easier for everyone. Old toilets but well maintained.

• 1st May 2014

Very clean, nice staff in general, but not so close to the city center.