Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

Most importantly, you can meet interesting people there.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • China

One of the nicest Hostels I've ever stayed to be honest. Clean, good location... What do u want more! We were really happy! But for the future it would be nice if they offer breakfast ...even if its just donuts or cereals :)

• 26th Jul 2014

It's a good value. A little bit old perhaps. Not too fancy but comfortable in the end.

Very nice hostel, easy to find. The rooms are spacious and clean, the only thing is that the bathroom wasn't inside the room, like we had selected. Safe at night and helpful staff.

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Mexico

I stayed in the hostel in three different rooms and whatever bathroom i used on whatever moment, It was always in a pristine condition. The friendlines and helpfullness of the staff was not always as good as it could be, but satisfying.

Had an amazing stay here! Wouldn't fault them and can't wait to come back and stay again!

• 16th Jul 2014

I liked the entrance hall and facilities there. Staff were very friendly and there was a lot of free information available (pamphlets, maps, etc) that was very useful. The only problem was the small size of the dorm - stifling. Larger rooms should be used for dorms - even two-bed dorms. The room I stayed in was hardly suitable for one person, let alone two or more. They are going for quantity (of people) at the expense of quality. I found it expensive for the type of accommodation it offered.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Good location.

• 14th Jul 2014

This was a bit out of the way in regards to location - had to get the subway everywhere. That said because it wasn't a touristy area, food was quite cheap and it was a nice area. It was a very clean hostel/hotel and I stayed in both a dorm and a private - the private was quite nice. I wouldn't recommend it as a solo traveller if you intend to meet people though, as this is more like a hotel in that aspect. Wifi only available on the lower floors but the nicest shared bathrooms I've seen!

No laundry facilities, the beds are not very clean and have bugs in them. The showers on the top floors are rubbish, for a shared facility the showers are poor you are better standing outside in the rain as there is more power there than in the showers on the top floors. No wifi on the top floors is also an issue. My advise is pay the little bit extra and stay at a hotel with good showers and free wifi.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

Great place, great room, great location! Close to tons of great places to eat and drink., close to the subway, and central park. The only thing that could be improved upon is the humid bathroom. Otherwise, everything was great.

I did not like seeing other people's hair on my sheet . . .

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Japan

The bathrooms always very dirty, disgusting! There was cat hair all over the hallway! I expected to pay an amount and had to pay almost $ 100 more! Stinky and dirty hotel!

• 9th Jul 2014

The hostel is well located by the subway. The rooms are not very big but it is very clean and quiet. We enjoyed our stay in this hostel.

• 7th Jul 2014

Great location so I guess that's why it's the cost it is but they don't have much to say they have a kitchen (just a kettle, fridge and microwave with no cups to make coffee/tea) and eating out in NYC everyday can be costly.

All the staff was great and always willing to help, Plus I like the fact that every time I left the building they would say hi and have a nice day. I have not stayed at many places where all the staff is like that.

• 3rd Jul 2014

My floor had a horrible smell. The elevator looked like it was going to break and it took forever to arrive. The staff were not friendly. At check out the receptionist did not even looked at me and when I thanked and said goodbye she simply did not answer and turned away. The lobby is very simple, the kitchen has practically nothing.

The staff at the door were great to talk to and helpful. It is more of a hotel when you walk in so has quite a muted atmosphere. Everyone there was lovely but most nights were very quite. Great location, close to the subway and a short walk to Central Park. Clean kitchen facilities which is nice since theres a food market a few blocks down. Some showers are better than others in terms of pressure...all of them took a while for the hot water to kick in. I would stay here again for a night or 2

We had such a good stay ! The staff is nice and the room was not too big not too small !

Hostel is average but first we checked in hotel we couldnt get our deposit money. Paid on website with credit card but when we arrived in hostel they said: you paid this money to hostelworld to redirect!?what the hell redirect??deposit should have been returned because we reserved this room and we came and checked in!! I dont wanna use hostelworld.com anymore!!!

• 24th Jun 2014