Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, New York, USA

This hostel ( felt more like a hotel it was so nice) was in a great location.to everything including, subway, shopping, restaurants. The rooms were amazing and the fact it was freezing outside and snowing the rooms were warm and the beds were so comfy :) they organised a shuttle for us to the airport which was also nice.

We stayed in a private room with a bathroom. The bathroom is open (no walls) which we found a bit strange. The shower was also a pain to use. It was difficult to find a water temperature that wasn't boiling or freezing. And for some reason we did not get hot water in the morning, only at night. Overall the bed was comfortable, there was a TV and the room was warm and relatively clean. There's a subway stop a couple of blocks away and it's easy to get to all the main attractions in Manhattan.

• 10th Jan 2014

I really enjoyed it here, the price was great had a good time. I am already looking to book again.

I was happy with my stay, because when my friend and I had inititally checked in, our room had a problem with a radiator. We had reserved a basic double room with two bunk beds. Since there were no rooms available, they upgraded us to a much nicer room with two queens. I really appreciated that.

• 5th Jan 2014

The atmosphere would be better if you could access WiFi in bedrooms. The consequence was that everyone was glued to phones and laptops in common areas which made hard to chat to people, but great location, so easy to get subway

• 4th Jan 2014

Pros: Nice vibe, clean rooms and bathrooms, close to the subway, the staff were helpful. Cons: The wifi downstairs was very spotty and it's terrible that rooms didn't have wifi.

• 2nd Jan 2014
  • Singapore

No laundry facilities or wifi on all floors was less than ideal. That elevator has seen better days too. Poor overall atmosphere in the hostel but cleanliness of the rooms was good.

Very helpful staff, good facilities, especially for the price- would definitely recommend if you are looking for somewhere cheap and convenient in NYC.

• 30th Dec 2013

It is some thing between an hotel and a really nice hostel. the lobby is comfortable and has a really good athmosphere.

• 24th Dec 2013

This is the Best hostel in the Broadway and its cheap. Rooms and everything inside is good and environment is peaceful.

• 23rd Dec 2013
  • India

I had a great Christmas holiday with my stay in The Broadway Hostel,,,it made me feels home away from home. Thank you to all the staff. Happy New Year!

• 22nd Dec 2013
  • Philippines

Honestly, this hostel is more like a hotel. Great friendly staff, good rooms(except the WiFi is in the lobby only) generally clean and safe. However if you go to this hostel think your going to get good social vibe that's not the case. Heaps of people just sit in the lobby on their laptops or phones being very anti social, so if youre travelling by yourself its going tobe hard to meet people. Also the hostel does not run any excursions/events. Overally good but not for individual travelers

Exceeded my expectations, would definitely stay here again when in NYC.

Nice place, nice neighborhood, clean, good staff. My only complaint is that there's no activities planned by the hostel staff. It's hard meeting people. The hostellers just sit and watch TV and/or stare at their handheld devices. NYC is such a great city! I'm sure there's something to do or plan every night of the week!

Super clean place feels like more of a hotel then hostel

Good place to stay. This is third time here. Convenient to city and New Jersey.

Never stayed at this hostel, i had an inconvinience with my booking and was obliged to check in another hostel. Double payment I had to do.

• 24th Nov 2013
  • Colombia

It is very expensive to stay in hostels in NYC.

• 23rd Nov 2013

The cleaning staff should be more considerable. I stay in the third floor and These people speak too loud and they dont let people sleep. All the rest was perfect.

The hostel is easy to reach, just two blog's from subway station 103 (red line 1) and I felt comfortable in the hostel and the area around, even when I was by myself at night. New York is an expensive place and there are special new York taxes you have to pay on top of your room few. I didn't know about it and for me it was + 100,- $ The beds where comfortable, the bathrooms clean and the stuff friendly. I'm so gonna stay there again!