Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

All the staff was great and always willing to help, Plus I like the fact that every time I left the building they would say hi and have a nice day. I have not stayed at many places where all the staff is like that.

• 3rd Jul 2014

My floor had a horrible smell. The elevator looked like it was going to break and it took forever to arrive. The staff were not friendly. At check out the receptionist did not even looked at me and when I thanked and said goodbye she simply did not answer and turned away. The lobby is very simple, the kitchen has practically nothing.

The staff at the door were great to talk to and helpful. It is more of a hotel when you walk in so has quite a muted atmosphere. Everyone there was lovely but most nights were very quite. Great location, close to the subway and a short walk to Central Park. Clean kitchen facilities which is nice since theres a food market a few blocks down. Some showers are better than others in terms of pressure...all of them took a while for the hot water to kick in. I would stay here again for a night or 2

We had such a good stay ! The staff is nice and the room was not too big not too small !

Hostel is average but first we checked in hotel we couldnt get our deposit money. Paid on website with credit card but when we arrived in hostel they said: you paid this money to hostelworld to redirect!?what the hell redirect??deposit should have been returned because we reserved this room and we came and checked in!! I dont wanna use hostelworld.com anymore!!!

• 24th Jun 2014
  • Turkey

Hairs (not ours) in one of the bunk beds. Sink in the room, but not even a chair. 2 Lockers in our twin room on the 7th floor. Bathroom on the left (once you got through the door) was filthy. Very loud wanna be a/c. We had to turn it off at night . Much too hot in the room. We couldn't sleep through and woke up early. No recommendation!

• 22nd Jun 2014

Very nice place to stay, a bit far from all the happening stuff but very close to the subway so it was easy to get around. The staff were all very sweet and helpful and the rooms themselves were average. Quite small but i guess that is to be expected in New York. All in all if you dont mind roughing it out a bit, its a nice place to stay.

• 17th Jun 2014
  • India

It was an amazing stay. First of the day my mattrass was really bad so I asked them if they could change it and they did it directly. I slept perfect. Also the housekeeper. She cleaned every day the fifth floor and she was amazing! Always working with a smile and always asking how I was doing. The shower was also perfect. It was like rain. It just dropped on you out of the roof. I really loved the shower. Perfect location, nice staff and always helpfull.

• 13th Jun 2014

Beds were comfy. There were no lines to bathrooms, maybe because of mirror and sink in dorms. Hostel was near to metro. One block away there were a good place Metro Diner to have typical American breakfast. Staff could be more interested to greet customers.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Finland

Everything was great. Only bad thing was the sound of the tv in the como area. It didnt work for four days. I would definetly recomend it. Thanks to every one of the staff. It was Wonderful

It was a great experience! the most important thing was the lovely people who work there I would love to comeback

• 31st May 2014
  • Argentina

It was great being there! I felt safe!

• 30th May 2014
  • Hungary

Great area in nyc. Near to the best market ship I've ever seen. Staff are really helpful and our room was good, however the kitchen is a big let down. To call it a kitchen is like calling my office at work a kitchen as it has the same amenities...A kettle and a microwave. But if you don't want to cook I'd definitely recommend this hostel.

Every time I go to NYC I stay here. The 1, 2,

• 29th May 2014

A great place for my stay in NYC! Especially for its location.It is very convenient to go to anywhere in NY because the subway is only about two minutes walking.

• 28th May 2014
  • China

I think every time I stay there I get m ore impressed at how convenient comfy,and has the same feel as home, but at such a great but at such a great fair. Another great part is that it has an elevator and very clean comfortable large bathrooms. so I co...uld stay there time and so I could stay there time and time again.

The room and the beds were big and we had a TV. There was even a sink in the room, even though we didn't have a suite. The staff upgraded us for free into a better room upon our arrival. The wifi worked only in the lobby, but not in our room on the higher floors.

An average hostel and the price is reasonable (for NY of course!!).

• 23rd May 2014
  • Thailand

The two bed dorms were tiny and the facilities were very minimal. The lobby is pretty nice though. Not a very good hostel compared to others especially for the price, but considering it's in New York it's not bad.

The value for money is great given the prices in New York. Also, there is a subway station nearby. Thus, the only thing I really disliked (the location) wasn't really a problem. We had a great time!