Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

The place is very centrally located, easy to get to, quite expensive.

Terrible place. I think all the good reviews are for the private rooms. This is NOT a real hostel. I stayed in 2 bed dorm (room 232) and it was very much a shoebox (Where are the photos for this? Had I known, I wouldve never booked this place, it was very expensive) Room was about 2meters wide, could only fit a bunk bed. There was a window but no light could come in. The shared bathrooms were more spacious than my room but the showers were shocking, the water temperature kept changing.

Great location and friendly staff. Our bedroom door squeak terribly, nothing a bit of grease won't fix . Great, comfortable stay!

Really lovely hostel, staff were friendly and helpful, really enjoyed our stay here

Excellent location. I felt my valuables were kept safe and secure. Please note I had my own private room. Staff friendly with warm atmosphere. Adequate cleanliness. At one point on my trip I needed a computer and printer and fortunately these facilities were available.

• 16th Feb 2015

It was great! Well be back!

The mattesses were horrible but everything else was perfect! Thank you. Would book for a short trip again

This is a hostel to avoid at all costs. I stayed for 2 nights and never had hot water (you can imagine how great it is to have to shower in freezing water during the winter). Furthermore, there was a power outage the day I arrived, so I also had no electricity in my whole floor and no WiFi anywhere in the hostel. Finally, the other person who was allocated to my dorm also sneaked a stranger into the room in the second night, so take your own conclusions on the security part.

I've stayed at quite a lot of hostels when travelling abroad , and this one was by far the worst one. It does not have a friendly and cozy atmosphere, so not great if you are travelling by yourself. But the worst part by far and the reason why I will never stay here again is the fact the dorm was the size of a shoe box and had a bad smell! I could literally touch both walls at the same time if I spread my arms. Also, their were out of heat and warm water in the middle of NYC winter! Rude Staff

1 2 3 Next » last »