Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

Very clean, nice staff in general, but not so close to the city center.

What a great hostel and such an excellent location! Rooms were spacious and clean and we never had to wait for a bathroom or shower. Staff were friendly and helpful, we'll definitely be staying hete again!

I was there with my mom and it was perfect for this vacation! Very clean, friendly and many nice restaurants around (Upper West). Subway Station is very close too (just 2 blocks from there). I wouldn't go there if I was in NYC by myself. I'm not sure if it's the best place to meet people and party. But still: I can recommend it and I think I'll come back soon.

Comfy beds, classy looking place, great bathroom.Wasent so much a room but a big.toilet cubical as there was gaps at the top of the plaster whitch ment you can hear everything and everybody. Overall good place

Pretty cool place. Helpful and courteous staff. Nice sized lockers in the room. My only complaints/requests is that they could add a hook or two in the bathrooms. Other than that the place was quite nice and comfortable. I would go back for sure.

We were in a double-double room (2 double beds) which was a good sized room for NYC standards. The location was great: in between 2 subway stops with lots of food options in the neighborhood. The staff was friendly and always had someone posted in the lobby which made me feel safe. We had a shared bath which was clean and almost always available.

• 21st Apr 2014

I booked a female two bed dorm however I had a male guest share, upon bringing it up with the staff at reception I was assured that it wouldn't happen again however that was not the case for the entirety of my stay. I was not impressed.

Very noisy room overlooking Broadway

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Nice hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. The location is perfect for visiting Manhattan as it is close to the metro which brings you to all the sights. Close to Central Park as well. It is clean and the room and the bathroom (ensuite) are big enough and the room has a window. It is a perfect hotel if you want to stay in Manhattan for a reasonable price.

• 14th Apr 2014

Would definite lly stay again everyone very helpful. Clean. Nosiy at night with groups of young people I think signs should be posted to be courteous of others sleeping other than enjoyed my stay

• 7th Apr 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for 1 night in a 2 bed mixed dorm. The hostel was nice and clean, everything was good quality. It definitely feels a but more like a hotel than a hostel. There is a cafe on the ground floor which could possibly act as a common area to meet people. This is a good place to stay for an inexpensive good night's sleep, but not necessarily to socialise.

The additional NY tax was a surprise added to the total cost. I stayed there three nights, and though on the whole it was fine, I noticed that my pillow cover was not changed, and the sink in the shared bathroom was not cleaned either. The bath was fine and had hot water. The hotel make uses of an antique lift, which gives you plenty of time to read a whole novel while traveling. The common area and kitchen was a bit crowded and you had no option but to listen or watch Good Morning America!!

Overall, I had a good stay at Broadway Hostel. I stayed on the 6th floor in a private room with double bed. The room was beyond my expectations. It's spacious, very tidy and has a view overlooking Broadway street. There are enough restrooms on the floor as well so there was no wait time for me whenever I needed to use one. The location though is a bit far from downtown and midtown NY.

excellent lounge area

The 2-bed dorm is a very good alternative to a regular hotel room. This hostel is not really "hostel-style", it is more like a friendly hotel. But all we needed was a clean, nice and well-located place to sleep, and this hostel is all that.

Adding taxes and reserve price it finally add up pretty much the price... I found it very clean all the time. Sometiems was pretty noisy due to the teenagers...

• 24th Mar 2014
  • Spain

Though the hostel has community bathrooms, they're very clean and very good. Nice staff, Great community room with a fridge and a kitchen. Definite must stay.

no lockers (4-dorm) or only lockers for a small part (2-dorm) of the baggage

Hostel is nice, a bit far from the center of manhattan but there is a metro closeby. Good facilities at the hostel (showers beds etc). If you want a bed and nothing else, then this is a good choice.

No hot water, no daily supplies, very noisy radiator, the staff was not so friendly or helpful.

• 7th Mar 2014