Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

I've stayed at quite a lot of hostels when travelling abroad , and this one was by far the worst one. It does not have a friendly and cozy atmosphere, so not great if you are travelling by yourself. But the worst part by far and the reason why I will never stay here again is the fact the dorm was the size of a shoe box and had a bad smell! I could literally touch both walls at the same time if I spread my arms. Also, their were out of heat and warm water in the middle of NYC winter! Rude Staff

Disturbed sleep: Loud clanking heating system all night. Unecological: Bed sheets and towels are changed every day, despite my asking (every day) to not waste the resources. Overcharged: paid the Hostelworld 10% deposit, but still got 100% of charges when I arrived.

Great wifi, reasonably priced for NYC. Not an excellent location but close to subway line downtown. Staff were excellent - couldn't fault their service at all.

I loved the place. My girlfriend and I went for NY for a week vacation and I'll that we wanted was a warm and soft bed to rest when we returned after hours walking, and we had! The shower, however, could be improved: it was quite hard to get some water that wasn't freezing or boiling.

You won't find anything better for this price in NYC. It is a clean and nice hotel at a good location.

Great place and atmosphere. Very friendly staff. For anyone wanting the centre of NYC is a little out of the way but very easy and quick access on the subway. I highly recommend it.

The odour in my room was very unpleasant I would've told the staff but I did not want to insult the place that i'm staying at, the facilities I wanted an iron and after 4 days of waiting I had to get my own iron!! it was frustrating as well as they did not having an ironing board aswell so where do I iron my clothes on? Also the room that I was staying at had a window to an allyway like i needed to see that and a pipe that was constantly dripping every single minute & the elevator is the slowest

• 2nd Jan 2015

The hotel charged me 110USD by mistake and never refunded the money, they just ignored my emails at some point. So they basically stole 110USD out of the credit card I registered at hostelworld, without me signing any voucher or anything. The staff is not very friendly or attentive, they could not answer some questions about basic touristic services like bus tours. The wi-fi signal was really unstable too. The only thing that I valued was that it was clean and the heat worked well.

• 1st Jan 2015
  • Mexico

The kitchen in the lobby is very good! You can take your food there for heat, you can have hot water, you can enjoy movie... I love that! But the room is very small and the price is a little high. Since it is in New York, I could understand. The stuff is very nice, I should give a lot of thanks for the housekeeper and the front desk, they help me find my lost stuff and send it back to me. They are really kind and helpful. Thanks again!

• 1st Jan 2015