Broadway Hotel n Hostel Reviews

230 West 101 Street, Broadway, New York, USA

Door was a little weak, I felt I could kick the door hard and break it.

• 28th Dec 2014

Stayed here with 3 mates, we got 2 rooms with 2 beds in each, rooms were large, clean and secure! This hostel is in an awesome location only a 5 minutes walk to the express subway at 96th street. Staff were helpful and friendly. Would definately recommend.

• 23rd Dec 2014

I'd like a bigger choice for breakfast...

The hostel is conveniently located, next to the metro station of the 103rd street. The staff is friendly and helpful. The bathroom is clean and towels and linen are changed every day. However, our room was very small and tight. During the nights it was freezing and we had no possibility to change the temperature. Fortunately, the staff gave us an additional blanket.

Shares bathroom is not ideal, rooms where clean and relatively big for two bedroom share. Located down the far end of Broadway so limited to always getting on trains to go down town

• 18th Dec 2014

Overall, good stay given the affordable price.

This hostel is located in a great location on the upper west side. only 2 blocks from the line 1 metro. Although a bit old the rooms & bathrooms were cleaned daily & I was pleasantly surprised that the sheets & towels were changed daily. There is a well equipped supermarket nearby that sold delicious pre packaged salads/sandwiches so it made it easy to avoid the kitchen & was affordable. Wifi was good & I got it in my room (3rd floor). I was able to Skype with no issues.

They lost a couple towels of mine and didn't give me anything to recompense me.

• 13th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Very poor facilities - non-working toaster, only plastic cutlery, no kitchen range to cook anything. Ordered a room with private bathroom, which was eventually located across the corridor and normally serve for all the guests.

Upon arrival, they charged me more than what was said in the email sent by Hostelworld. It was around 6% more than the amount stated by Hostelworld, which they explained as some sort of fee charged by the website. I might be wrong, but it seemed a bit strange to me.

The rooms are basic but clean, the kitchen can barely be called a kitchen as there is no cutlery or crockery provided except for disposable items. Apparently they get stolen so they can't be bothered replacing them. The lounge area is good but you aren't allowed to control the tv remote and have to ask to change the channel or volume etc. Maggie was great but other staff seemed bored and disinterested. Gd location close to subway. Luggage storage is extra once you check out.

I found a mousse in my room- i freak out! Also a cocorach at the bathroom should shower-- filty

• 30th Nov 2014