Doors Hostel Reviews

Olimpului Street No 13, Bucharest, Romania

The Doors hostel was fabulous!! It has such a beautiful, warm and inviting atmosphere and everyone who worked there were so sweet and helpful. There is a rad loft to hang out in complete with pillows and rugs, a great kitchen, and in the summer apparently the garden is phenomenal although we were there in winter so it wasn't growing. One thing I'll mention is that they have 2 cats, who are absolutely adorable and super clean, but if someone you're traveling with is allergic, they should know.

• 15th Jan 2016

The staff was super! They happily accommodated me arriving super late the night I stayed and were glad to give me pointers over what to do and where to go the short time I was there. The location was pretty easy to find based off the directions off the website and some help of a map.

• 23rd Dec 2015

Really nice hostel. A bit difficult to find at first when you don't know Bucharest but only 5 minutes walk from the Piataa Unirii. Staff friendly and helpful. I recomand this hostel.

Great chilled out atmosphere. Fairly small hostel but I like it all the more for it. Clothes wash+dry for €3.50, €1 beers, two gorgeous hostel cats, solid wifi, good kitchen, lovely staff. Key code/pad entry to the room so no worry about keys. It isn't in the nicest of locations however it is only 10-15 min walk into the city centre. Nothing to complain about otherwise - really enjoyed our stay.

Awesome ppl. Awesome place!

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Albania

Good hostel, great staff. A little out of the way. Dorm room didn't have a lock on the door but I didn't feel like it was unsafe to leave my stuff around. Very helpful staff.

Most unique hostel I've ever stayed at - it was hands down the best in all criteria. Its a work of art: from inspiring writing, trendy decor, even down to every last sticker. Very personable staff - the experience reminded me of couchsurfing more than anything. Employees that had finished there shifts and were free to leave continually stuck around to have drinks and hang out with their friends, and us. I continually met people who were returning "alumni" guests. Don't miss this gem.

• 27th Aug 2015

In a quiet neighborhood near the center of the city (5min walking), the Doors Hostel is the best place I have ever been. Modern and cozy, the accommodation is excellent. After a long walk in the city, you will find the best place to rest, the garden, with a beautiful tent, which is also the best place to meet, talk, drink a tea or a beer with the others guests from everywhere in the world. The hostel's team is also super friendly and made my stay awesome. I'll come back! Multumesc!

• 27th Aug 2015

I've stayed at the doors 3 times in the last year. It has all the facilities you would expect of an excellent hostel, but, it has an atmosphere unlike any other. Every time I've been at the Doors I have met interesting people and stayed far longer than I had intended to! The staff are exceptionally welcoming and helpful. I'd recommend this hostel without reserve.

The garden area was an awesome place to sit and chill out - even when it was raining!

Lovely hostel, very close to the city centre and in a lovely quiet area. Fantastic bar and fun staff who were always willing to help. Shower and kitchen facilities were brilliant and clean. Only two issues - Wifi did not work except in communal areas and the lack of air conditioning was a pain at night when it was so hot, although a fan was provided.

Great hostel! Staff was amazing, the atmosphere is excelent. Had a great time there and would repeat for sure.

Very nice garden, hard to sleep with no air con, decent base to explore Bucharest.

This is a nice chilled hostel in a quiet part of town. There wasn't much atmosphere when I was there and it wasn't very easy to meet other travelers but the chill out section is nice to relax in and the washing service is very cheap!

Pretty good hostel with nice staff and an awesome outdoor garden area come teahouse. However it is a 10 minute walk to the nearest metro and a fair walk to the old town. Also the security is quite lax - with the front doors always open, even when we arrived home 2am one morning and there was no staff to be seen. What made it worse is that our room didn't even have a key, although there are lockers for valuable.

i was not so happy with it i dont reccommend people to go it was old incorrect information

• 1st Aug 2015

this guy came shouting at me why nobody told him he can have a milkshake, but never asked for one. then came at night to ask for one, we said no, cannot use the blender at night, it's loud. then he came back 7 in the morning, same situation, he got really angry, threats to write bad review. we had to explain traveling info to him 3 or 4 times, he was coming back asking the same questions. we offered him fruit, drinks,snacks,all we could to make him happy, which he seemed when he left.not fair.

Great hostel, very particular. The staff is super. Very friendly and helpful people. There's also a nice garden with sofas to sit or lay back outside to have relax. I recommend it.

Safe area, great location and friendly staff. A bit too hot in the dorm during summer ,perhaps additional fans should be installed. Bathroom was clean but its layout/ set up was not very practical

Best hostel for this hot summer.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Russia

Really nice place to stay. The atmosphere was amazing, the outdoor tent with all the pillows was the best. Loved it!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7