HI-Vancouver Central Reviews

1025 Granville Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

Stupidly clean! Bathrooms were always immaculate and they're individual not communal. Not much of a social life hostel, more of students attending conventions and short termers passing through. But overall a decent place!

A decent central location and not far from the skytrain and Granville island. The first night I spent here wasn’t great, the room was so hot and felt like a sauna and the pillows were rock hard. I returned a couple of days later to spend another night and I had a much better stay. The room was very clean, comfortable, large secure lockers and breakfast had a decent variety of cereal, toast, muffins and drinks. Staff are excellent and very friendly, especially Tera who was very helpful.

unexpected charges

nothing special but friendly staff,great location.

• 21st May 2014
  • Japan

Amazing location! Great staff. Great vibe. The only down fall is the grungy-ness of the common areas. The couches and carpeting in the lounge area are disgusting!!!! I didn't want to sit on them. This had the benefit of forcing me to spend every moment outside it this beautiful city because there was no way I was spending any time in the lounge areas. The carpets were so nasty it made the whole hostel smells. PLEASE buy new couches for the lounge and steam clean the carpets!!! Thanks :)

I thought it was great. It was my first time staying in a hostel and being in Vancouver BC. I loved the central location, the free breakfast, the staff on duty 24/7, and there was lots of security measures in place. You had to use your card as a key to get to the second floor where the rooms started and show it in the evening to be buzzed in. They also provided locks at the desk for the lockers in the bedrooms. It was very nice and I'd like to visit again sometime. The don't have parking though.

• 14th May 2014

Very central hostel! Not enough tables in the kitchen for the breakfast. We had a privateroom with a bathroom, whitch was not clean, and there was no housekeeping in 3 days!

Everything about this hostel was PERFECT! Kept very clean Staff very helpful WIFI worked everywhere all the time Breakfast was AWESOME Location perfect Had a wonderful stay didn't want to leave :)

Very clean hostel in an excellent location, room is large with space to move around. Mattress is very comfortable and bed does not make much noise unlike other hostels. I reserved a 2 person male room online but front desk ended up assigning me to a 4 person room when I arrived.

The hostel is directly in downtown. It’s easy to see the major points of interest by foot. You csn see that the furniture is quite old and used a lot. It might be the time for some replacements! The beds are comfy. Breakfast is good and served until 10 am. What I didn't like was that the prices visible on hostelworld are only valid with an HI-card. If you don't have one, it's more expensive. But nobody told me that before!

If you want to be in the heart of the action in Vancouver, HI-Vancouver Central is a quality choice, with a location right in the middle of the Granville Street Entertainment District. Like HI-Vancouver Downtown, they have a breakfast with abundant options, but it lasts an hour longer here. Downsides are the fact that you are in the midst of the bar district (bring earplugs), and the upholstery on the couches in the TV room need cleaning/an overhaul. Overall, HI Central is a solid choice!

Loved the staff, who were all very helpful and answered all my questions about the city. Breakfast's good, but it need to be available for 1 or 2 more hours and the kitchen needs more seats. My only complaint is about a window that was facing other fairly close window from the hostel (it was a lounge area I guess), so, whenever I got out of the shower, I've had to remember to close the drapes, otherwise I'd be giving a peep show to other guests. Overall, my staying was great and I'd come back

• 30th Apr 2014