HI-Vancouver Central Reviews

1025 Granville Street, Vancouver, Vancouver, Canada

The staff were friendly, the rooms were nice (large lockers) and comfortable, clean, and the hostel offers a lot of shared space to hang out in. Really appreciated being able to store my backpack after checking out. May be a bit higher in price than other hostels in the area, but worth the extra cost.

• 1st Sep 2015

Fantastic central location that makes it easy to get to. The staff are generally young and enthusiastic, with fun night-time activities organised including some good pub crawls. As far as hostels go, the breakfast facilities are also very good. The room was also relatively clean and well-kept. Having done hostel travel throughout Europe, North America, NZ and Asia, this is definitely one of the better hostels.

Stayed 3 nights on a private room, pretty crappy for the price we paid. Just a bed and a bathroom, really bad WIFI in the room, had to stand next to the door to connect. Not once they made the our room.The hall way smelled like old cheese, feet and what was being cooked in the kitchen. Ask for help with the Wifi, answer was our room was in the middle of the hall so it wasn't quite getting the signal..so if you know the problem, why not put an extra router in the middle? Nice breakfast thought.

• 29th Aug 2015
  • Chile

Centrally located and great breakfast!

This is honestly my favorite hostel I've stayed in, and I've stayed in quite a few! It's close to a lot of restaurants and public transit. The beds are clean and comfortable. There are four clean washrooms per floor, which is really nice too because I've never been stuck taking a cold shower. The staff is so helpful and friendly that I love staying here whenever I'm in Vancouver! The only thing I do recommend is being careful at night because it's a little sketchy outside. Inside is fine.

it was clean, felt very safe, the staff were really helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Vancouver!

• 23rd Aug 2015

Great. Good location, very helpful staff. More pricey than others but a good base and will look after bag for free if you go away for a night...

Though it's in an older building, the hostel is well-maintained and it was quite clean. There was a bit of a wait for the washrooms in the morning, but not more than five minutes. It was very quiet at night. I didn't utilize any of the common spaces, but there were a couple of lounge areas with books and TVs. The free breakfast was great! Also very central and an easy walk to the SkyTrain and restaurants. I'd stay here again.

Great hostel. Very nice and helpful staff, quite comfortable beds, good breakfast and great position.

The hostel was very clean and had everything you could need! The location was awesome because it was close to everything, we walked every where from there. It was a little expensive for my liking but I'm used to staying in foreign countries where everything is 10-15$ a night and everything is just a bit dirty. But i guess its not a bad price for Vancouver, Canada. check out the bar thats down the street it gets crazy on the weekends!

• 9th Aug 2015
  • Mexico

The staff was very friendly and helpful, even in the middle of the night! And I really liked my bed, it was comfortable and cozy and I had a lot of room to store my huge suitcase beside it. The rooms were very clean but I was a bit disappointed of the bathrooms. They didn't satisfy my standards of cleanliness. Even after the cleaning crew went through there were still wet towels lying on the floor, hair in the sink and no toilet paper available...

Private bathrooms are a huge plus. Lockers are much larger than expected (easily fits a large duffle bag and a backpack). Clean, comfortable beds. My only complaint was that my room smelled like a poorly cleaned men's locker room concentrated into a smaller space. I suspect that was due to one of the other guests, so not the hostel's fault. I have no idea how to discuss with a fellow hostel dweller and stranger that their B.O. is really, REALLY bad.

1 2 3 Next » last »