Habitat HQ Reviews

333 St Kilda Rd, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

A lot of young crowds (~18-21) staying there several weeks for work & travel. That means a lot of people always hanging around in common areas which makes it quite noisy. The bathroom facilities are not really clean as well as the rooms are not cleaned but only the bins are emptied. Staff is friendly and helpful, location is okay but 20 min ride to Flinders Station as well as to the beach St. Kilda.

I loved my stay in Habitat, I've travelled around Australia & stayed in many hostels. This is by far the best one. Great atmosphere, love the location & such a clean secured hostel!

Good clean hostel with nice bathrooms and good kitchen. Only downside is there are a lot of long termers living there who aren't that interested in meeting "just traveller".

EVERYTHING WORKS!! I've lived and cooked in a fair few hostels and this one is really nice. Everything is clean, everything in the kitchen works and the fridges are well kept. Atmosphere is great too, beers and that served at reception, cheap washing. Stayed here a week and may extend.

Comfortable beds, nice staff, excellent value for money. 3 of us booked 6 mixed dorm and ended up getting a private room with ensuite. Internet is not the best but it's free - which is pretty rare for Australian hostels. Breakfast was standard.

• 19th Sep 2015
  • Slovenia

Great location in St Kilda. Round the corner from main shops, bars and beach and 20 minutes by tram to CBD. I had a room with en suite which I couldn't complain about at all. Hostel organises different events nearly every night of the week which helps as I found the hostel to be very cliquey with long-term stays. Kitchen is okay - a lot of guests aren't very tidy and food storage space is limited. Free WiFi is only 300 MB a day and can only drink alcohol sold from the hostel bar.

Good location, staff extremely friendly and helpful. On the downside, common areas were always jampacked, dorms were cramped, lockers not nearly big enough. Free things and events were a nice touch, though breakfast was quite limited. Hostel has a social vibe, though many guests were long-term or groups and a bit cliquey, so not the best place to meet people (unless you're v outgoing). Could be cleaner. Decent overall, but too many people crammed in (though I guess that's how they keep it cheap)

This was my first place to stay in Australia and it's been great: it's very clean, I met some good people and there's something sociable to do every night. I'd recommend staying here.

Can't recommend this hostel enough. Fantastic staff and great atmosphere and events. Would happily go back.

It's was great! Just what I needed for a good price.

• 12th Aug 2015