Home Travellers Motel- St Kilda Reviews

32 Carlisle Street, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

Really amazing hostel. The location is probably the best in St Kilda and the staff are brilliant. The rooms and bathrooms are cleaned every day, the kitchen is good, plenty of fridge and shelf space and it's normally easy to find a time to cook. This is the most social hostel I've ever stayed in, there's always something happening but it always ends at 11pm which means you can get to sleep if you want! Anyone coming to Melbourne, long or short term should definitely stay here! Rob

I am afraid of St. Kilda but i stay here anyway because the area is many fun people. At this hostel i find great friends and the staff were friends too! There is very secure, safe and many cleaning, very close to beach and fun place. It is cheap but sometimes there is a dirt in my room but it is always soon gone with the noise at late! Had many fun here and will love it here again!

• 26th Mar 2014

I really liked this hostel. It was certainly the best hostel I have been in Melbourne. Great people, close location to the beach and other attractions and a very friendly staff as well. If I get back to Melbourne I will book for this hostel again.

• 21st Mar 2014

Great joint, easy to make friends to travel or hang out with, and the staff have set up the place with a great vibe. It's nothing too fancy, but the mattresses are hella comfy and it's quiet enough to get a few hours sleep at night.

• 19th Mar 2014

This place is a complete dirt hole. Stayed in 8 bed dorm and apparently that wasn't enough because there was a person sleeping on the filthy floor. Didn't notice him until until a phone turned on and woke me up. It was my phone plugged in and his hands were right close to it maybe guessing my password. IDK. But I didn't leave it like that. The kitchen closes at 10pm and the internet costs money. The air quality was unbearable I couldn't sleep. Just stay away!

• 15th Mar 2014

So sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay. However I'm very disappointed that you've mentioned things that are not totally true. Our staff, actually our manager spoke to you in reception when you mentioned that someone was sleeping on the floor of your room, it was later found out that it was actually someone who was checked into that room and decided to use the floor rather than their bed, a little less comfortable I think! As for the air, it was 35'c so I guess your right, unbearable to some

Mixed opinion... staff were all really friendly

Had a great stay. One of the best hostels I have stayed in. Had a private room which was big and clean. Only complaint is I found the mattress uncomfortable but my partner didn't and if I really wanted to be picky I would say it is a bit tired and needs a lick of paint. Would recommend it to anyone.

We were so lucky to get this place for our week in St Kilda, Melbourne, not 5 star but it had everything we needed in a great location at a very reasonable price.

• 10th Mar 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

Bit grubby and felt un cared for, nothing horrendous but poor value for money compared to others near by. Book early and stay at Ritz instead, slightly further from beach but closer to CBD and a lot.nicer facilities.

This place is a clean and nice hostel but do not expect to make friends here. It is super cliquey and not welcoming of newcomers. I did not feel comfortable going to the kitchen alone so just avoided it all together.

Nice people and good location - close to st kilda beach and easy to have a nice chat in the kitchen, even if you're just there for one night. Nevertheless, sharing one bathroom with only one shower and toilet with all the others in your room isn't great fun if you're in a big dorm.

The staff were friendly and informative. Good location by Luna Park and an easy tram journey to the centre of town. The room want the cleanest but overall it was ok. Wouldn't necessarily recommend the place or stay there again.

1 2 Next » last »