Home Travellers Motel- St Kilda Reviews

32 Carlisle Street, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

I had a very nice stay here. The hostel is Not to big the rooms are nice and clean and You have enough space for your luggage. The hostel has also laundry kitchen and TV room. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is in St Kilda and there Are a Lot of pubs bars and restsurants around ;)) To the beach is it ten minutes; ) i liked it there and the St Kilda area also; )) thank You guys nice greetings from franzi from germany

Thanks Franzi! Thanks for staying again and thanks for your review! Enjoy Easter in The Alice, be sure to find the Kangaroo with eggs in its pouch ;)

Awesome hostel! Literally is like a family in that place! Other local hostels probably had better facilities and stuff but this place was crazy fun, and full of easy going people! Would recommend it to anyone and would definitely stay again!

Thanks Ian! I hope Hamilton Island and the rest of your holiday goes accordingly! Alex

I stayed in this hostel couple of weeks on and off. Always coming back. Amazing stuff always happy to help you. Hostel byitself really clean (kitchen is clean twice per day, rooms every day). Really nice atmosphere, a lot long terms (not surprise because in my opinion is the best hostel in St Kilda!

Thanks for staying again and again...and again, Anna! I hope your flight landed home safely and without turbulence! I also hope that your basketball injury heals with great speed and accuracy!!!! It was really nice having you here, I'll look you up on Facebook! See you in Poland! Al

An in-situ teenager tv reality show.

Not a bad hostel for australia but have stayed in better in south america, hate the fact that you have to pay for internet. Also very over populated with long term workers/travellers..Drinking goon every night of the week so therefore treat the hostel as a doss house.. No room in the Fridges in kitchen due to TOO MANY PEOPLE LIVING THERE

Shops, restaurants, the beach and trams are very close! If you search a hostel with a family vibe; this is it. Kitchen is big enough, most dorms have a tv where you can watch dvd's (rent them for free) just incase you wanna stay in your room on a rainy day. Free bbq on sunday witch is great! Because of the calkboard on the entrance you're always up to date for what's going on in Melbs. Huge compliment to the guys at the reception! Nicest staff you'll ever see. I loved my stay! Greets Jonas

Great little hostel, would stay again!

Considering the money you pay for a stay in the hostel, and the world we live in today. I felt it was unfair to pay 2 dollars for 250 mb on wifi, especially when they cant even keep the ceiling clean, it doesnt help that their owner lives in Queensland. Apart from that its a great hostel.

Not a bad hostel but not an awesome one either. Good: close to the beach, supermarket and trams. Could be improved: no lockers, no wifi, nowhere to wash or hang your clothes. Far from the city so you'll need to take the tram (extra cost). Will stay in the centre next time.

Best hostel ever!! I met awsome people there and spent a great time in St Kilda! Great location and very helpfull and friendly stuff!

Great location, lovely and helpful staff and pretty good laid-back atmosphere!

5 minute walk to the beach. Friendliest and most helpful staff ive met in oz. Big, clean, well equipped kitchen. Plenty of power outlets in rooms. Rooms cleaned every day. More of a chilled out hostel than a party hostel. Would reccomend to people looking to find a job rather than a holiday

• 30th Jan 2015

We didn't know what to expect at a backpackers We were very happy with our very neat and tidy room. There was a well appointed super clean bathroom. Cuppa facilities, microwave, TV, power board, alarm clock and a lamp. We had everything we needed PS we are in our sixties. The staff were pleasant and efficient .

• 30th Jan 2015

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for reviewing :) Alex

I really love everything about this place! Except for Joe...He eats babies. I will return, and tell others to go too. Thanks!

• 26th Jan 2015

Mega friendly staff, communal areas felt a bit dirty but had a good atmosphere. Mainly due to our own fault of rebooking me and my party got split in to different rooms, the people in my room had literally been there for months and made me feel quite intrusive so had quite an uncomfortable stay. Don't expect the ritz but if you're a working backpacker and want a decent social life then it's for you.

Awesome hostel, great location, really nice vibes and super chilled out staff! And got a free shuttle bus from the airport which was a win.

• 22nd Jan 2015

AMAZING PLACE AND PEOPLE!!! Definitely staying there again.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Chile

Hi! Thanks for the kind words! Definitely see you again! Home Crew

Loved this place, what a great couple of weeks staying here!! Staff were ace, atmosphere was amazing and the name 'home' is very fitting! Only booked for a few nights and ended up staying for weeks!! So sad to leave you guys but you will never be forgotten, will be back here!!

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Algeria

Thanks Sahs! Hope to see you back here soon! Al

Couldn't keep away from this place! Stayed here multiple times throughout my travels and kept bouncing back like a bad cheque. Staff were excellent and always keen for a laugh, and put on some great free BBQ's every Sunday (with the aid of my culinary skills of course!) Stayed in the biggest dorm, and whilst it gets a bit messy with 10 ppl from time to time, everyone staying there was really welcoming. I'm only leaving because I found a whole bunch of people from Home to travel with! GAME OVER!

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Israel

Hey Ronnen! Thanks for reviewing and thanks for partaking in the bbq all those times. Yeah sorry that the big dorm can get a bit that way but we'll do our best! Do come back again and again, reception door is always open! See ya soon! Al

1 2 Next » last »