Home Travellers Motel- St Kilda Reviews

32 Carlisle Street, St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia

Considering the money you pay for a stay in the hostel, and the world we live in today. I felt it was unfair to pay 2 dollars for 250 mb on wifi, especially when they cant even keep the ceiling clean, it doesnt help that their owner lives in Queensland. Apart from that its a great hostel.

Not a bad hostel but not an awesome one either. Good: close to the beach, supermarket and trams. Could be improved: no lockers, no wifi, nowhere to wash or hang your clothes. Far from the city so you'll need to take the tram (extra cost). Will stay in the centre next time.

Best hostel ever!! I met awsome people there and spent a great time in St Kilda! Great location and very helpfull and friendly stuff!

Great location, lovely and helpful staff and pretty good laid-back atmosphere!

5 minute walk to the beach. Friendliest and most helpful staff ive met in oz. Big, clean, well equipped kitchen. Plenty of power outlets in rooms. Rooms cleaned every day. More of a chilled out hostel than a party hostel. Would reccomend to people looking to find a job rather than a holiday

• 30th Jan 2015

We didn't know what to expect at a backpackers We were very happy with our very neat and tidy room. There was a well appointed super clean bathroom. Cuppa facilities, microwave, TV, power board, alarm clock and a lamp. We had everything we needed PS we are in our sixties. The staff were pleasant and efficient .

• 30th Jan 2015

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for reviewing :) Alex

I really love everything about this place! Except for Joe...He eats babies. I will return, and tell others to go too. Thanks!

• 26th Jan 2015

Mega friendly staff, communal areas felt a bit dirty but had a good atmosphere. Mainly due to our own fault of rebooking me and my party got split in to different rooms, the people in my room had literally been there for months and made me feel quite intrusive so had quite an uncomfortable stay. Don't expect the ritz but if you're a working backpacker and want a decent social life then it's for you.

Awesome hostel, great location, really nice vibes and super chilled out staff! And got a free shuttle bus from the airport which was a win.

• 22nd Jan 2015

AMAZING PLACE AND PEOPLE!!! Definitely staying there again.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Chile

Hi! Thanks for the kind words! Definitely see you again! Home Crew

Loved this place, what a great couple of weeks staying here!! Staff were ace, atmosphere was amazing and the name 'home' is very fitting! Only booked for a few nights and ended up staying for weeks!! So sad to leave you guys but you will never be forgotten, will be back here!!

• 12th Jan 2015
  • Algeria

Thanks Sahs! Hope to see you back here soon! Al

Couldn't keep away from this place! Stayed here multiple times throughout my travels and kept bouncing back like a bad cheque. Staff were excellent and always keen for a laugh, and put on some great free BBQ's every Sunday (with the aid of my culinary skills of course!) Stayed in the biggest dorm, and whilst it gets a bit messy with 10 ppl from time to time, everyone staying there was really welcoming. I'm only leaving because I found a whole bunch of people from Home to travel with! GAME OVER!

• 9th Jan 2015
  • Israel

Hey Ronnen! Thanks for reviewing and thanks for partaking in the bbq all those times. Yeah sorry that the big dorm can get a bit that way but we'll do our best! Do come back again and again, reception door is always open! See ya soon! Al

Not clean at all, the kitchen was and almost no eating area. Toilets....disgusting

• 5th Jan 2015
  • Argentina

Hi. Sorry for the lack of space to eat in the kitchen. We encourage people to eat at our outdoor tables where there are more chairs. Our bathrooms are cleaned daily, I am sorry if you found your en suit unclean but this has definitely been rectified :) Safe travels. Home Crew

The loudest hostel i have ever been to. Skateboarding, football and party at the court yard just outside your door and window. More like some kind of youth centre than a hostel. It all depends on what you are looking for - If you're a backpacker looking for a community and a longer stay at a party hostel, this is your dream spot! If you, like us, are a couple wanting a double room for some privacy and a nice stay, you'd better go somewhere else. Not god value for money with a private room.

Absolutely filthy, no cutlery. Kitchen was gross and very noisey. 12 people sharing one bathroom.

Thanks for reviewing, Sorry if the dorm was a mess at the time and that you had to share the bathroom, however, it is not a secret upon booking online/checking-in that the 12 bed dorm is our cheapest room due to that you are sharing with 11 other people. We also have 8, 6 and 4 bed dorms available (all with en suite) that comparatively are not significantly more expensive. New cutlery has been purchased for kitchen, thanks for letting us know. Good luck with travels!

great hostel, once you stay here you never want to leave, most people stay here for 3 months +. All the reception staff are awesome and have lovely flowing locks. especially Nadege she's super hawt! You get the best of both worlds, if you want a quiet night people watch movies are everyone gets chucked out at 11pm and if you want to drink and party, it's in an amazing location and you can drink your own "goon" plus people here are FABULOUS!

• 15th Dec 2014
  • Scotland

Horrible. You should expect that most hostels in St. Kilda will be party hostels and cheap rentals for long termers, still... Filthy, no lockers, locks barely working on doors, wifi several dollars per hour, most guests high/drunk by early evening, feels unsecure. Staff unprofessional and more interested in joining the ongoing party, I have been turned away on two separate occasions when asking something, reception staff saying they are busy. Feels more like homeless shelter than a hostel.

Hi Andras, I'm sorry that you have not enjoyed your stay with us though I feel like your first impression was not as we would like to portray, my apologies that you were asked to return at a later time and that staff seemed casual. We are indeed laid back but customer service and report is paramount to us- Sometimes we simply cannot be everywhere at once. I can assure you that we clean the rooms and bathrooms daily. Enjoy your travels- I hope you find what you're looking for :) Home

Hostel was optimum friendliness. 100% efficiency. My holiday was pleasant here. Regards, Fritz Maximilian Boehm

• 13th Dec 2014

It was a very welcome hostel, the moment i walked in i was welcomed by reception and they where very friendly and helpful and it just made me feel like i was part of the family straight away. I also liked the alternative uniform the receptionists where wearing; instead of wearing uniform clothes, they all had a bun and a beard! considering the fact that ive been in so many hostels around Asia and Australia, i could safely say this is the best hostel so far!

• 9th Dec 2014

iv just stayed in home travellers motel for 5weeks and it has been a brill place to stay meeting new people and having loads of fun there gutted to be leaving the staff are always happy to help you with anything you need have all you need cooking/TV and a place to chill out give it an overall 4-1/2* out of 5

• 8th Dec 2014