Hongdae Guesthouse 2.0 - New Reviews

Mapo-gu-yeon Nam Dong, Seoul, South Korea

Welcoming guesthouse in excellent location for food and hopping. Staff were keen to get everyone together to socialise. Would have benefited from lockers, more power sockets and a individual bed light. If you don't like cats I would recommend you try elsewhere.

I enjoyed my 1 night stay at the Hongdae Guesthouse (yellow submarine). The atmosphere was quiet and laid back, (my stay was during the low season) The Hostel is near the subway and Airport Railway. The staff was courteous and friendly. Location was near Hongik university nightlife if you are looking to party. The only critique I have is about breakfast (make your own Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich), but there is a small kitchen if you want to make something else for breakfast or other meals.

• 8th Mar 2015

Can be a bit noisy at night which made it hard to sleep earlier. Staff is really friendly and the atmosphere is good, but some times I just wanted a place to sleep.

• 18th Feb 2015

Great hostel, I really loved the staff and location. The staff really went out of the way to make you feel welcome and the hostel is in a great location. It's a short walk to the bars/clubs in Hongdae area and a pretty central place to stay for exploring Seoul. Will definitely recommend.

• 18th Feb 2015

I thought that the staff was a little lazy and did not have my bed made when I went to my room. They also were singing karaoke a floor below very late into the night, until I went down and told them I was tired at 1 am, and they were kind enough to stop. The staff was willing to apologize for not making the bed and for the noise, but I just didn't find them very considerate.

• 22nd Jan 2015

A little tricky to find but overall a great stay!

perfect location of you are to arrive or to leave the city in direction of one of the airports. nice staff and nice atmosphere in the guesthouse. thanks. I might come back even though there are millions of guesthouses in Seoul I have not yet seen..

The staff is excellent! The best part of the hostel!

• 21st Dec 2014
  • Lithuania

It is an adorable space, great price, super friendly staff, clean, good facilities and super close to the subway.

• 22nd Nov 2014

The facilities are great if you're not a big person. For most people, it's a place to stay, I'ld still stay here reguardless of my size, because of the value for my money. I recomend it if you wanna save some money on your accomedations.

They were able to take us in last minute. Very convenient.

My friend and I booked two dorm beds for a Friday and Saturday night. Upon arrival, no tour or explanation of facilities was given. We came back very late (like 4am) and the door to my room ( the room bedroom off of the 6 bedroom) was locked. No signs anywhere gave information about how to contact anyone, and because I didn't want to wake up the other 6 guests, I tried to sleep on the couch until two other guests came home and helped. Very disappointed

Enjoyed the free pb&j breakfast and coffee. thanks for having vegan-friendly bread. Friendly staff was fun to talk to. Dorm bed was cleaner and nicer than other hostels in the area. Far enough away from Hongdae to be quiet but not too far so that you can't walk.

Pretty average. The couch was filthy. Good firm mattresses, though.

Guests always talk loud at the living hall at night, neglecting the notice on "talking soft". Besides that, it's a nice place to stay.