Hongdae Guesthouse 2.0 - New Reviews

Mapo-gu-yeon Nam Dong, Seoul, South Korea

great location, great value. average hostel in terms of facilities, but the decks and balconies are nice. My only complaint is that there are not nearly enough electrical plugs in the dorm rooms.

Good location -a ten minute walk from the station and in a quieter but trendy side of Hongdae. There was no lock on the outside of our bedroom door, beds were hard and the bathrooms were a little grubby, but it was nothing we couldn't deal with. At least staff were friendly and helpful. They provided towels and some toiletries in the bathrooms. For it's cheap price, we would stay here again.

The staff were often sleeping (and snoring) in the lounge which made it quite uncomfortable. Please clean the bathrooms thoroughly -clean bathrooms make a HUGE difference to guests! So many shoes by the door, that at times you literally COULD NOT GET INSIDE. With a few adjustments and perhaps a 'woman's touch', this place could be great.

Although location is great, but i don't like the cleanliness in here especially their shower room & kitchen.. After that every breakfast, the staff was sleeping in the public room.. So it bothered me a lot.. Hope you can enhance your service..

The staff was really helpfull! We enjoyed our stay, it has everything you expect from a hostel.

Welcoming guesthouse in excellent location for food and hopping. Staff were keen to get everyone together to socialise. Would have benefited from lockers, more power sockets and a individual bed light. If you don't like cats I would recommend you try elsewhere.

I enjoyed my 1 night stay at the Hongdae Guesthouse (yellow submarine). The atmosphere was quiet and laid back, (my stay was during the low season) The Hostel is near the subway and Airport Railway. The staff was courteous and friendly. Location was near Hongik university nightlife if you are looking to party. The only critique I have is about breakfast (make your own Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich), but there is a small kitchen if you want to make something else for breakfast or other meals.

• 8th Mar 2015

Can be a bit noisy at night which made it hard to sleep earlier. Staff is really friendly and the atmosphere is good, but some times I just wanted a place to sleep.

• 18th Feb 2015

Great hostel, I really loved the staff and location. The staff really went out of the way to make you feel welcome and the hostel is in a great location. It's a short walk to the bars/clubs in Hongdae area and a pretty central place to stay for exploring Seoul. Will definitely recommend.

I thought that the staff was a little lazy and did not have my bed made when I went to my room. They also were singing karaoke a floor below very late into the night, until I went down and told them I was tired at 1 am, and they were kind enough to stop. The staff was willing to apologize for not making the bed and for the noise, but I just didn't find them very considerate.

• 22nd Jan 2015

A little tricky to find but overall a great stay!

perfect location of you are to arrive or to leave the city in direction of one of the airports. nice staff and nice atmosphere in the guesthouse. thanks. I might come back even though there are millions of guesthouses in Seoul I have not yet seen..

The staff is excellent! The best part of the hostel!

• 21st Dec 2014