Hongdae Guesthouse 2.0 - New Reviews

Mapo-gu-yeon Nam Dong, Seoul, South Korea

It is an adorable space, great price, super friendly staff, clean, good facilities and super close to the subway.

• 22nd Nov 2014

The facilities are great if you're not a big person. For most people, it's a place to stay, I'ld still stay here reguardless of my size, because of the value for my money. I recomend it if you wanna save some money on your accomedations.

They were able to take us in last minute. Very convenient.

My friend and I booked two dorm beds for a Friday and Saturday night. Upon arrival, no tour or explanation of facilities was given. We came back very late (like 4am) and the door to my room ( the room bedroom off of the 6 bedroom) was locked. No signs anywhere gave information about how to contact anyone, and because I didn't want to wake up the other 6 guests, I tried to sleep on the couch until two other guests came home and helped. Very disappointed

Enjoyed the free pb&j breakfast and coffee. thanks for having vegan-friendly bread. Friendly staff was fun to talk to. Dorm bed was cleaner and nicer than other hostels in the area. Far enough away from Hongdae to be quiet but not too far so that you can't walk.

Pretty average. The couch was filthy. Good firm mattresses, though.

Guests always talk loud at the living hall at night, neglecting the notice on "talking soft". Besides that, it's a nice place to stay.

Cool place. Helpful staff. Great location. Very clean. Nice terrace.

We had an awesome stay!! It is located near the subway for your city and airport transfers. We enjoyed the night life and most specially the free karaoke!! Thanks to the friendly and generous staffs:)

• 4th Sep 2014
  • Philippines

I really don't like that man and woman share the same toliets and the bigger one is even unlocked, felt so worry in every shower. one of the staff seems helpful but he looks rwally unfriendly, i always think i was distrubing him as his emotion.

Thank you for the review. We have more bathrooms. not only that one. We should have shown all of the bathrooms. really sorry we didn't. and I wish I could know who you talk about. I wish I knew our staff name to tell him nicer. I feel really sorry about that. I will email you personally to ask. Please come back here, then I do my best with our staffs to make you feel comfortable. Thank you again for the review. Its really helpful to improve our place. Best wishes,Mary, the host.

Very crampted shower area.

Thank you so much for the review. We have more showers. We will show all the bathrooms to guests who coming from now on. Thank you again for the review. Mary, the host.

A well priced hostel with adequate facilities. Electronic lock on main door, although no lockers. Two very friendly staff during my stay (and one who was a bit grumpy). Centrally controlled A/C which guests can't change it was a bit stuffy in the dorm in July. Good privacy in toilets and showers. Bar downstairs serving food, soft and alcoholic drinks until late. Hostel is 5-10 mins from hongik uni metro and hongdae with loads of shops restaurants and bars - very good young nightlife.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Thank you for having stayed with us and also for the review ! I did not know we did control air-conditioning a lot. Really sorry about that. could be. The government asked us make the temperature 25 Celsius to save energy . But I did not hear any in Aug. Because it was really hot in Aug. ! really sorry about one of our staff's attitude. a bit grumpy ? I have to tell him. Thank you. And please come back in July. I will give you the controller of air-conditioner . :) Mary.