Hongdae Guesthouse 2.0 - New Reviews

Mapo-gu-yeon Nam Dong, Seoul, South Korea

The location is great ... The breakfast is not good, but at least can help U to survive ..

An amazing place to stay!!!!

great location, great value. average hostel in terms of facilities, but the decks and balconies are nice. My only complaint is that there are not nearly enough electrical plugs in the dorm rooms.

Good location -a ten minute walk from the station and in a quieter but trendy side of Hongdae. There was no lock on the outside of our bedroom door, beds were hard and the bathrooms were a little grubby, but it was nothing we couldn't deal with. At least staff were friendly and helpful. They provided towels and some toiletries in the bathrooms. For it's cheap price, we would stay here again.

Thank you so much for the review. We have door lock only for private room. because its sharing room. Dormitory room. Thank you very much. Mary, the host of Yellow Submarine.

The staff were often sleeping (and snoring) in the lounge which made it quite uncomfortable. Please clean the bathrooms thoroughly -clean bathrooms make a HUGE difference to guests! So many shoes by the door, that at times you literally COULD NOT GET INSIDE. With a few adjustments and perhaps a 'woman's touch', this place could be great.

Thank you for the review. I have agree with you one of our staffs who slept on the coach in the loundge. I am really, truly sorry about that. It won't happen again. and also about bathroom cleaning - we did good. with woman hands checking. thank you so much. Best wishes, Mary, the host of Yellow Submarine.

Although location is great, but i don't like the cleanliness in here especially their shower room & kitchen.. After that every breakfast, the staff was sleeping in the public room.. So it bothered me a lot.. Hope you can enhance your service..

I got a promise not to sleep in the lounge. I am really sorry about that. I should have checked the review often. Really sorry. Its 9th of July. not any more sleeping in the lounge. but its late for guests who stayed here before. I am truly sorry. It won't happen again. Thank you very much. Best wishes, Mary, the host of Yellow Submarine.

The staff was really helpfull! We enjoyed our stay, it has everything you expect from a hostel.

Welcoming guesthouse in excellent location for food and hopping. Staff were keen to get everyone together to socialise. Would have benefited from lockers, more power sockets and a individual bed light. If you don't like cats I would recommend you try elsewhere.

I enjoyed my 1 night stay at the Hongdae Guesthouse (yellow submarine). The atmosphere was quiet and laid back, (my stay was during the low season) The Hostel is near the subway and Airport Railway. The staff was courteous and friendly. Location was near Hongik university nightlife if you are looking to party. The only critique I have is about breakfast (make your own Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich), but there is a small kitchen if you want to make something else for breakfast or other meals.

• 8th Mar 2015