IS@K Guest House Reviews

4F, 683-134 Hannam-Dong, Yongsan-Ku, Seoul, South Korea

Stayed in a standard mixed 6 bed dorm. 5 mins walk from subway station. Staff are great; they helped me arrange a DMZ tour. There's a convenience store opposite. The 4 flights of stairs can be troublesome. Would prefer to have individual lights for each dorm bed and a cleaner bathroom (might have to wait for cubicles at times). Hostels in seoul tend to be pricey, even for basic dorms. Good place to crash the night.

It's a very comfortable and cosy hostel and the location at Itaewon makes it really convenient to travel around. The living room is nice to chill in and make friends from people around the world. The only thing that people might be uncomfortable with is that the shower and toilets are all in the same area and there's no divide between men and women. However, there are always times in the day or night when people won't shower so if you catch that time to wash up it's fine.

• 12th Jul 2014
  • Singapore

I met some of the most insightful and warm people in this hostel. The staff all spoke English and helped me order food a few times. The price of each night was affordable. My biggest complaint would be that the hostel needs more power outlets and perhaps provided universal surge protector. I found it so hard to mount my adapters to the wall in my single room and outside the lounge. It became a funny joke to those who stayed in the hostel, and I guess you lose something and you gain something.

having the rooms all in the same building so meeting people would be more accessible. .

• 3rd Jul 2014

I'm going to miss you all!!! Farewell from the English twit :p and stay healthy! I don't expect to return to Korea, so this is my last goodbye. ;_;

Cheap and convenient. Staff are really friendly and excessible, facilities are simple but fine. Rooftop is a really nice touch. The surrounding Itaewon neighborhood is fun and eclectic.

Very nice staff. Super helpful. Free breakfast.

• 2nd Jul 2014