Namsan Guest House Reviews

50-1, Namsandong 2Ga, Jung-Gu, Seoul, South Korea

The location is excellent,just the opposite of the famous Myeongdong shopping area,the staff is nice. Rooms are small,but its value for money.Got free cup noodles and bread for u in the common area. **dont go to the food stall outside the hostel(just next to the road) at night,food r really really expensive n small portion,even more expensive than local restaurant**

Excellent Hostel, I've stayed her twice and always get a great nights sleep. For the same price you pay for a dorm bunk you get the feeling of having your own private space.

This was a fantastic place to stay for our time in Seoul. The staff are absolutely amazing, so helpful and hospitable. Rooms are clean and great value for money. Namsan is well located in the busy hub of Myeongdong but also just moments away from the scenic Namsan Park. We will definitely be staying here again. Gamsa Haneeda Dongil and his team!

friendly, clean, best facilities, more included extras than anywhere

• 8th Jul 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Great location and very friendly staff! We were originally placed in Namsan nr. 1 but due to the length of my boyfriend we were re-located to nr.5 with bigger beds. Very helpful! Rooms were clean, breakfast free but simple (cnoodles or toast with peanut butter and coffee), and the location perfect. We would really recommend this place as price is very reasonable!

I was happy that I made a good choice in booking this hostel. I did not expect that they have new and modern facilities in each room. The receptionists were all very helpful to their guests and they could speak good English. The room that I had there was such a perfect place for me to rest and relax. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends.

There is very closed myngdong street and N tower, very conveniance and staff are very friendly . Thank you for everything. :)) ขอบคุณค่ะ

Namsam guest house 5 Location, Cleanliness etc... Everything are so goood !!! very nice guest house with low price !! I will choose again, if I visit seoul again.

My friend and i stayed in Namsan Guest house 4 , private twin bedded room for 3 nights. The actual room looks very different from the picture shown. There wasnt enough space to have a walkway between 2 single bed much less having space for us to open or put our luggage. he toilet was pathetic small and the room doesnt have a window. It was thankful that we did not chose to stay in the same guesthouse when we came back to Seoul from Jeju. The only plus point is its location.T

• 27th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

I really liked staying at this hostel with my boyfriend. We had a nice private ensuite room. Unfortunately there was construction going on and we woke up early in the morning. But that was not too much of a problem because we left for sightseeing anyway. We spent 3 nights but the room was not cleaned once. Still i recommend this hostel due to the nice location, friendly staff and nice rooms.

• 21st Jun 2014

This initially looked like a good place to spend the night around Myeongdong. There are many different buildings under this hostel's name and some of them are not labeled with a sign. So you might end up like us, walking up and down the base of Namsan, trying to figure out just where to go and who to give your money to. They also tried to overcharge me. I showed them the hostelworld email which showed the amound owed and they made some excuse and still charged me more for a different room.

Namsan Guesthouse 3 is an excellent choice for my family and I. It is great value for money as I love the great location.... a walking distance from the subway, eating houses and 2 noted shopping areas like namdemun and dongdaemun. Will definitely go back to this guesthouse again.

• 11th Jun 2014
  • Singapore

staff is kind

• 4th May 2014
  • Malaysia

The guesthouse will organise the drinking party twice a week in the pantry. As the dormitory near to the pantry has no sound protection, a lot of noice laughing, talking can be heard till late night at 1am. Guests who are staying there very much affected and irritated. The guesthouse management should realize it as it has been highlighted. I had stayed in a guesthouse in hyupjae guesthouse in jeju which at 11pm, no guests are allowed to stay in pantry area. Very good management.

there are 3 Namsan guest houses, but ours is the furthest at the top, about 15 mins away from subway. an uphill climb everyday. can be taxing for old folks.

Great place. Extremely nice and helpful staff. Would definitely recommend staying there. Located right near a train station so we found the location to be prime. Would stay there again for sure.

• 25th Mar 2014

Very good location and very ceap! Many things provided (adapters, towels, breakfast, ramen and tea whenever you want it, a scale etc.) and very nice staff! Room a bit small, hardly any space for your luggage, but since we only were there to sleep it's fine! Free washing mashine, just hard to dry your stuff in winter (no space in room -> where to put it? For us, the lovely cleaning lady dried it for us!) It's a bit far up on the mountain but that's ok. Could hear my chinese neighbors watch tv! D: