Namsan Guest House Reviews

32-13, Namsandong 2Ga, Jung-Gu, Seoul, South Korea

We will so disappointed with this guest house. The pictures of the guest house are misleading people. It doesn't seem that clean and nice. It is also very unfair that I did not know which Namsan Guest House (there are 5 Namsan Guest House) we got during booking till I needed to add additional person in our room, the in-charge person informed us through email. The room is horrible especially the shower. It turns hot and cold and repeatedly. I would not recommend anyone to stay at this guest house

• 12th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Lovely hospitality, helpful staffs and I really like the self-heating floor!

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Malaysia

Service was poor. Towels were not replaced with new towels and breakfast food usually runs out and not replaced with new stock. Also, we were not prepared for the hike up to go to Namsan Guesthouse 1. I would recommend Namsan Guesthouse 3 for those who prefer a location closer to the subway station. Otherwise, the place was secured, clean and really affordable.

• 7th Nov 2014
  • Philippines

The pod beds are amazing, you have your own lights, power sockets, even a TV! There are big lockers for your bags and the showers, while occasionally slightly smelly have good pressure and good heat. The majority of people staying here (namsan 5) are in private rooms so the atmosphere is a little sterile but the location is great. There are 5 (or 6) namsan guesthouses so don't be surprised if it takes the staff a few moments to work out where you're staying. They're all quite close together.

Great little hostel and in a great location too. friendly staff too who were really helpful. Food (toast/noodles) and hot drinks available for free all day. Would definetly come back.

The room is not big enough for 2

• 26th Sep 2014
  • Hong Kong

the place is very near the train station, airport bus stop and the commercial area..very accessible..the room was great and staff are accomodating..

Everything is good it was cheap, but there may have been bed bugs we always got itchy when waking up had to clean clothes carefully when we got home.

• 18th Sep 2014

This guesthouse is my favorite! I have stayed in it both last and this year! Unlike other guesthouses I have stayed in, you have your own little cubby bed so that others cannot see you! You also have a locker that is big enough for your luggage to stay in! Each cubby bed has a curtain, 2 lights, 2 outlets, and a tv. The bathrooms are nice and clean and there is a shower in each one. There is always free bread, peanut butter, jam, and ramyun! The staff is very friendly and welcoming too!

• 10th Sep 2014

Unlimited supply of instant noodles/ramen at the breakfast area! Free hanbok experience and photoshoot was a nice touch. Will come again or recommend to others

I always stayed at hongdae, but stayed at the Namsan guest house for the first time. I stayed at many guest houses in Korea which went many times, but was good here so as, above all, to want to stay again. Because I go to Korea frequently, I use it again(*´∀`)

A nice hostel with a good location if you are interested in going to the mountain nearby. The staff was alright, friendly enough and the room was clean and nice. Bread, coffee and cup noodles was provided in the dining hall.

I thought the guesthouse had everything we needed! I, Connie, stayed here with my husband and we loved the location. Close the subway station and right by Myongdong shopping and nightlife. The staff was well informed and very kind.

• 29th Aug 2014

Really appreciated the privacy within the all female dorm. The private bunk bed with curtain and own personal tv was pretty awesome. Very friendly and helpful staff - I had some trouble finding my specific guesthouse and bumped into a staff member at another location, he personally escorted me to my location and assisted with my luggage! Great location, very central and close to a lot of major sights in Seoul. Would definitely stay here again.

• 26th Aug 2014

The room was full of Mosquitos. They have 5 buildings, the one we stayed was run down. There was no one around to keep the drank guest on line. The room was very dirty

• 23rd Aug 2014

It is almost perfect place to stay! I really recommend! The very heart of city, near all famous pointes, moreover they provide hanbock to wear)) it was fun experience)) breakfast is poor, but in Korea there is no problem to find something to eat)))) Gamsamnida!!!

Very good location in Seoul!

Except for the mistake of the staff telling me that I was upgraded and had to drag my heavy luggage uphill to another branch, my overall stay at Namsan Guesthouse 4 was very pleasant. I stayed in the male dormitory and I like how it is designed: with power plugs, LCD TV, comforter and curtain for privacy. There's free breakfast but it is the same everyday. They can probably impove on that. Bath gel and shampoo is complimentary. One of the best dormitory accomodations that I've stayed at.

Bugs on ground floor

• 29th Jul 2014
  • Hong Kong

The location is excellent,just the opposite of the famous Myeongdong shopping area,the staff is nice. Rooms are small,but its value for money.Got free cup noodles and bread for u in the common area. **dont go to the food stall outside the hostel(just next to the road) at night,food r really really expensive n small portion,even more expensive than local restaurant**