Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg Reviews

Timorplein 21, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Nice hostel. Couple of teething problems with lights and stuff but it was sorted out quickly.

While this hostel was located in a nice neighbourhood – just far enough away from the centre not to be super touristy, but also close enough to be accessible – I was less impressed with the facilities. The exterior is gorgeous, but the interior seemed a little institutional. Seems like it would be a good place for large groups (and there were many of those, mostly children and teenagers), but it's not the greatest hostel I've ever been in. Most frustratingly, the wi-fi sucks!!!!!!

Good points: Nice Breakfast buffet; Nice Bar; Quiet neighbourhood; Near to a nice beer place; Room was clean, comfortable and heating was ok; Shower and bathroom were nice; Down points: A bit far from the city center, but easily reachable by tramway; They do not rent towels, you have to buy; We had no lockers in the rooms, they are near the reception; Wifi do not work that well; I would recommend this place if you are travelling on a big group :)

I stay in hostels quite a bit - and I didn't like this one. Too big, I waited on breakfast like for 40 min, and there is no wifi. They tell you it's free all throughout the hostel, but no one I talked to was able to get connected. When we told the front desk, the lady said to just keep trying. Also, the staff is not the most friendly. Not good at giving help. You have to make your own bed. 20 min tram ride from dam square. Stay at less of a chain hostel for better experience.

• 19th Apr 2015

nice social area. The two beds in the upper deck of the room is very private and nice.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • China

This place is huge as far as hostels go. It seems like it's in an old school building or something, but the inside is super modern. The beds were comfortable, and our 6 person room had a private bathroom which was really nice. The breakfast is simple but sufficient. The bar is great as is the staff there.

A bit pricy but worth what you pay for. Stayed in 6 female dorm. Room was clean and beds were pretty comfy. Bathrooms were nice. Breakfast was included! Located not far from the train station, one stop away is town center. Staff was very friendly, especially the bartender. She was so perky and gave us great advice.

Would have been nice when we arrived if we had been given a map of Amsterdam or something. Otherwise I can't fault the Hostel. Breakfast was good the rooms were huge and beds surprisingly comfortable.

• 10th Apr 2015

Such a great place to stay. Incredibly helpful staff who helped my friend and I find our way around Amsterdam for the best price and happily stored our luggage for free on check out day so we could explore more. Just steps away from a tram stop. And the included breakfast saved me bunches. I would recommend this place to anyone! Lovely!

Don't go there if you're alone and you wanna make friends. It is such a big hostel that it has no intimacy which doesn't help to bond friendship. The ''common room'' is just next to the reception so it feels more like a waiting room than a place to relax. Otherwise, the breakfast was great and the cleaning too...

Breakfast was great and staff helpful

• 2nd Mar 2015

Amazing place we loved ou r stay here

• 8th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Great value for money, good breakfast, clean, helpful.

• 30th Jan 2015

No lockers. Wifi rarely worked. We had someone check in to our room at 3am while we were sleeping which was very alarming. Cheap drinks and good pizza in the bar and it was nice we could buy hop on and off bus tickets at reception but other than that I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

The hostel is very big! They have a very good breakfast and a massive restaurant. The rooms are comfy and warm, but everything you must buy or pay quite a bit... bring your towels etc and leaving valuables can be expensive, if you are staying for a while (no free lockers, even if you bring your own lock.) The hostel is about 3km away from the centre of Amsterdam, so location is not so good. It's cheaper than the city centre options, but it's a bit of a walk. If you don't mind, I highly recommend

We didnt like this hostel at all. My friend and I had to sleep in the loft upstairs in our room with sketchy stairs. We thought it was really strange that we didnt get our own bed. The shower didnt work well and smelled like pee. The staff was friendly though and the breakfast was free. The location wasnt too good but we knew that when we booked it.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Amazing Hostel. Surely When I am back in amsterdam I know where to stay. Everything was excellent, especially the great breakfast. It was the best breakfast that I have had considering stay in hostels. It really worths. Thanks

Little bit over-priced, but good adress though.

We were catching an early plane, so we checked out the day b4 and stayed in the lobby, which is nice w/ free wifi but you are not allowed to fall sleep. Just mind that if anything happens during the night there's only guards to help. We have a problem with the locker and had to wait until 7am for the regular staff to arrive, which could be a problem if the flight is any earlier than 9am. Hostel could inform better when ppl check in - bed is slept, personal mug and towels are claimed by others..

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

There's wifi but only in the lobby. Can't bring food inside and we were asked to have our food OUTSIDE! It was freezing cold outside and there are a BIG restaurant.