Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg Reviews

Timorplein 21, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good hostel with helpful staff and a nice place to stay, however if you're planning on walking everywhere then not great for location. It's about a 50 min walk to all the best clubs, bars and attractions and not ideal for going out for a late night out. Food was ok and quite reasonable and there are quite a few places to chill. Overall a good place to go and if you're happy to pay for public transport or a bike then probably a much easier place to stay.

Really liked the Stayokay Hostel. Something to note about this location- its a bit east of central Amsterdam so you need to take a bus there from the train station. I would get the multi-day transit pass for however long you are there anyways because its super easy to use and helpful, and kind of needed for this hostel. The area by the hostel, Javaplein, is really nice. The showers in the rooms have that little push button thing you need to re-press every 20 seconds, just a heads up.

• 24th Jun 2015

40 minutes walk from Central Station Great stuff Biggest hostel i've been.

No lockers in the room (only in the lobby). Not a backpacker hostel. Rooms were clean and alright. Had some wi-fi problems. Location is nice, tram leaves right in front and takes 15 minutes to center (the trams are slow).

Clean and modern place. Free breakfast was very nice. Location was a good 30min walk from city centre, but if you arnt as cheap as we were, there is transit right out side to get you there. Not great atmosphere, but decent lounge area

2nd stay there, nice and clean.

Decent hostel in the east of Amsterdam. It's a bit of a walk to the centre but well connected if you want to use public transport. Staff were happy to help us with taxis etc and we didn't have any problems with the service. The room only had one window that opened so it was a little warm but the beds were comfy. All in all, can't complain.

• 11th Jun 2015

A little expensive for my tastes, especially cause it really felt like a big hotel. But the staff was very helpful, and even though the hostel is a 45 minute walk from the city center, it's s 30 second walk to the tram stop, then it's only 10 to the city. the internet was down my first night, but that might've just been a one in a while thing.

Apart from the location (centre was 15-20 minutes by tram, 30-40 minutes walking) my stay was perfect. Rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. Staff were helpful. Breakfast was an amazing way to start the day. Would definitely recommend to anyone who doesn't mind being outside of the city centre and would stay again.

I liked it here, friendly staff, huge hostel, rooms were very basic, but contained everything you needed. I prefer staying outside of major city centers, it lets you explore more than just the basic touristy stuff, zeeburg is a cool neighborhood. I'd recommend it.

Very good

Breakfast was fab. Hostel staff not great with information or advice for anyone who didn't know the area well. Good stay overall.

This was the best! Excellent customer service and spotlessly clean, great breakfast. Also great meals available in the evening and a bar on site.

Hard an amazing time !

• 6th Jun 2015

Nice place to stay! the only two bad things are that we had a problem with a girl that she took my bed but the staff was very helpful trying to solve the problem and the other think was that they didn't clean the toilet any day, so it was quite disgusting because 6 women sharing a bathroom you can imagine so, it has to be cleaned everyday... Breakfast was UNREAL! Good job guys!

Breakfast was an awesome start to the day, but sad there was no kitchen to cook our own meals. Wifi never worked. Also flagged by many other travelers in reviews, would really be worth fixing. Otherwise a nice stay thankyou.

• 31st May 2015

This was a decent place to stay. More like a hotel atmosphere. Wifi worked well throughout the building, including in the rooms. Breakfast was included, but it is just a standard buffet (cold me and cheese) style. The coffee maker had tons of options which was great for waking up. It is a little out of the way but only a quick 10 minute tram ride and you're in the main squares.

the hostel was too big. I expected after check in they give us some information about location and nearest attraction to the hostel as usual but they did not, however they answer our question and help us. I have problem with my bed they send two person to the same bed number I have to wait to the other person come and after that unpack my staff. the location was good and just 10 minuets far from central main station.

We loved it here! Friendly staff, good location if you want to relax after a day in the heart of Amsterdam.

Amazing place to be. Not very close to Amsterdam Central but it can be reached in 15 min. Great atmosphere and yummy breakfast

« first « Prev 1 2 3