Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg Reviews

Timorplein 21, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Don't try to use a computer. They are terribly slow. The hostel is expensive and not much is included. Also, the location is a decent journey from the center of town, but it is a beautiful and relaxed neighbourhood. I didn't know of any social events in order to bring guests together.

• 31st Jul 2015

I wasn't really impressed. The stuff is friendly and helpful. The place has no atmosphere and I felt like a number.

Tiny rooms and beds. Amazing buffet breakfast.

expensive, but very clean and we'll kept. prices increase on the weekends

• 30th Jul 2015

I like the hostal but just need a lockers in the rooms to safe personal things

Great hostel! Little more pricey than other places in Europe but was well worth it, and breakfast included! Fairly good location, easy tram ride from everything. Happy hour in the bar - cant go wrong for a 1.80 glass of wine!

Just the usual monoplay hostel. Cheap, a bit out of the city, great for groups, not good if you actually want to meet people.

I checked in on the 26th and was checked in by a very unfriendly receptionist. She refused to smile which shows a lack a customer service. Then the next day, I asked the same girl for change for my 50 euro bill and she shooed me away claiming that she had "done that too many times already today." It was also disappointing that lockers cost money, and were too small to fit my backpack.

• 26th Jul 2015

Stay okay is a massive hotel/hostel. The staff was extremely helpful. The location was not exactly central but the bus gets you there easily from the train station and the tram can easily get you into the city centre. The free breakfast is massive and definitely worth waking up for. Only thing that wasn't spectacular was the atmosphere. As a solo traveller the sheer size of the place is slightly intimidating and groups tended to keep to themselves. Overall I definitely recommend this place!

Staff were very helpful :)

Enjoyed our stay here. The bar was nice and the people, friendly. Had a mistake with our room when we checked in but the staff was friendly about it, fixed it immediately, and then to top it all off. They gave out whole group free drinks at the bar. The location is a little ways from the center of town but it's situated in an old school which gives it a pretty neat atmosphere. Wi-fi was average. I enjoyed my stay and I would stay here again.

The wifi network here is horrible and I seriously mean horrible. Not only that but if you want to try and use a computer, you have to pay. There happened to be many tours staying there so there were so many younger kids that weren't exactly the most respectful people. The breakfast was ok, nothing to write home about. Overall it was clean and provided the basics.

The staff were arguably the best we encountered on our trip! There was a change of plan a week before our arrival and they extended our stay after my request by email without any hassle! It's a little bit outside the city centre but the main areas like Rembrandtplein, The Red Light District and the tourist attractions/central station were easily accessible by tram. The room was nice and comfortable too! I would definitely recommend this place!

b shower was so smelly I couldn't use it the first night of our stay. Rooms were low quality and the bunk beds were not against the wall, so I felt as if I may fall and injure myself in my sleep. Worst but most expensive hostel of my travels. location is not central but easily accessible by bus or tram and staff can advise on this. Location surrounded by lpts of good restaurants and bars. The directions to the hostel were unclear and once we were at our hostel's bus stop we got lost for ages.

Very modern, big and clean hostel. Location was out of the city centre but easy to get to and the tram runs nearby. The staff were helpful during our stay but not overly friendly. Lots of facilities e.g vending machines, computers (but very expensive to use) chill out area, restaurant etc. the room was reasonable sized but no air con made it very warm. There were no towels provided and had to make the bed ourselves. I felt that the hostel is overpriced for the quality received.

• 16th Jul 2015

Had an ok time, was the only female in a 6 bed dorm, would have been nice to have a warning of this, probably would have gone elsewhere. My roommates were very inconsiderate, came home at 4.30am and made zero effort to be quiet, but that's not the hostels fault. Wifi did not work at all, luckily one of the staff let me use the staff wifi so I could contact my friend staying elsewhere. Poor breakfast, would rather had no breakfast and a cheaper room or a paid better breaky option. Cool bar.

Pros; Clean rooms. Good facilites. Amazing breakfast. Nice staff.Cons: Too big making it hard to meet other people. There was a lot of High School groups which can be annoying. Not in short walking distance of town but a short tram or bustop to all the cool places.

The free breakfast was good, and everything seemed clean and well organized. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the location was conveniently located on tram and bus lines. The atmosphere was not very friendly to solo travellers, but I still had a pleasant stay. It is a huge hostel and seemed to mostly be populated by very young travelers in groups. It would be nice if they added small in-room lockers for valuables. Staying in a dorm it feels more secure to be able to lock things away!

The "Stayokay" really lived up to its name. Everything was mediocre at best. Some staff members were friendly and helpful while others were rude. It was expensive for the service I received. Recommend staying somewhere else.

It was far from the center, it was pretty expensive, and it was a place filled with tour groups.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4