Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg Reviews

Timorplein 21, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Amazing place we loved ou r stay here

• 8th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

The hostel is very big! They have a very good breakfast and a massive restaurant. The rooms are comfy and warm, but everything you must buy or pay quite a bit... bring your towels etc and leaving valuables can be expensive, if you are staying for a while (no free lockers, even if you bring your own lock.) The hostel is about 3km away from the centre of Amsterdam, so location is not so good. It's cheaper than the city centre options, but it's a bit of a walk. If you don't mind, I highly recommend

We didnt like this hostel at all. My friend and I had to sleep in the loft upstairs in our room with sketchy stairs. We thought it was really strange that we didnt get our own bed. The shower didnt work well and smelled like pee. The staff was friendly though and the breakfast was free. The location wasnt too good but we knew that when we booked it.

• 3rd Jan 2015

Amazing Hostel. Surely When I am back in amsterdam I know where to stay. Everything was excellent, especially the great breakfast. It was the best breakfast that I have had considering stay in hostels. It really worths. Thanks

Little bit over-priced, but good adress though.

We were catching an early plane, so we checked out the day b4 and stayed in the lobby, which is nice w/ free wifi but you are not allowed to fall sleep. Just mind that if anything happens during the night there's only guards to help. We have a problem with the locker and had to wait until 7am for the regular staff to arrive, which could be a problem if the flight is any earlier than 9am. Hostel could inform better when ppl check in - bed is slept, personal mug and towels are claimed by others..

• 29th Dec 2014
  • Hong Kong

There's wifi but only in the lobby. Can't bring food inside and we were asked to have our food OUTSIDE! It was freezing cold outside and there are a BIG restaurant.

This hostel is a really great 'hotel-style' hostel. It's in a nice non-touristy neighbourhood about a 20 minute tram/bus ride away from the city centre. It isn't the kind of hostel that's small and intimate, but it has other strengths such as high levels of cleanliness/security, a restaurant/bar, and most importantly, a great staff. I would definitely stay here again.

the place was good also clean and organised but they taking money for everything Lockers , internet . Breakfast very good. but the location is too bad 35 45 minutes by walking so try to find close place to Centrum

The staffs are friendly, and they have gone beyond to fulfill my special request during my arrival. The heaters in the high ceiling room is just not enough, the heaters were turned to the maximum level since check-in in the afternoon til night, but still unable to warm up the room temperature. The rest are all OKAY.

I love the quiet neighbourhood. The overall experience is good other than wifi being available only at the lobby area. To make things worse, people smoke at the front entrance of the hostel, so the strong smell of cigarettes / Amsterdam coffe will enter the lobby every time somebody enters. The heater in the room isn't strong enough to cover the 6-bed room.

Hostel very good, pleasant environment. Very good breakfast. Polite and helpful staff. It is a bit far from the donwtown, but there are plenty of Transport. Great cost benefit. Recommend.

The hostel was quite okay. I liked the breakfast buffet that was included. It was very diverse and even I (as a vegan) was pleased with it. The only thing that was a little bit annoying was that their WIFI was only working on the ground floor.

Great clean and tidy room. Nice breakfast and friendly staff, not right in the center but close enough by tram or bike. Would stay here again!

• 15th Nov 2014

Great stay....in every way!

Great place! Definitely not what I was expecting! Super clean, well-maintained, great free breakfast; this place had it all! The bikes for rent were good as well and overall the hostel was impressive. A little to industrial and big for me, but was a good stay. Rooms are SUPER nice! I liked how they had their own bathroom and were obviously newer. The location was a bummer though as it was a bit for out of the city and hard to get to and from the hostel to the city center, otherwise awesome!

• 29th Oct 2014

There's no lockers in the rooms to keep your stuff but it is a nice tidy hostel. Location is a bit far from town but pretty good public transport to get there!

Biggest hostal i've ever stayed in, great breakfast and has a little bar if you dont really want to go out but still have a few drinks. Kind of far from the city center but you can easily rent a bike or take the tram. Romms are big enough and clean except for the shower.

There are 3 stayok locations, make sure you know which one you are booking! Not the greatest place to meet people, there were mostly younger kids on school trips. They have a decent bar but the second night I was there (which was a FRIDAY) the whole room/common area was rented out to some group and we weren't allowed in. Also the no food inside rule is garbage.

Cant complain, does what it says on the tin. Its a five min walk plus 10 min bus to centre but no problem. Even has laundry service at reasonable price. Sure Its grand like