Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg Reviews

Timorplein 21, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Very far from the City Centre if you are more of a walker like me and my sis are. Breakfast was great, with organic home bread, cereal, milk, organic juices, salami, ham, cheese, spreads and everything else from a standard breakfast. Rooms are quiet small, so if 6 are in, it gets crowded. Bed linen very clean and well ironed. SHower is hot and strong. Beds are decent with your own lamp and power socket, which is handy.

The staff member I dealt with was excellent!

Breakfast was amazing here. It was already pretty far away from the city center , so not suitable for people who like to stay out late. This hostel is really huge, or not really a hostel, but actually a big cheap hotel.

A very pleasant stay. It was good to have breakfast included in the price and our dorm was fine. In fact, we were in a mezzanine area, so it was as if we were in a private room anyway. There were no lockers in the dorm, but we encountered no problems with our roommates. The prices were quite expensive for a hostel, but we inadvertently went during the King's Day festivities, so that would probably explain it. A bit of a trek from town, but easy enough on the bus. I would recommend :)

Nice hostel. Couple of teething problems with lights and stuff but it was sorted out quickly.

While this hostel was located in a nice neighbourhood – just far enough away from the centre not to be super touristy, but also close enough to be accessible – I was less impressed with the facilities. The exterior is gorgeous, but the interior seemed a little institutional. Seems like it would be a good place for large groups (and there were many of those, mostly children and teenagers), but it's not the greatest hostel I've ever been in. Most frustratingly, the wi-fi sucks!!!!!!

I am 20 years old and was traveling alone for the weekend. Usually at hostels, it's easy to find fellow travelers around my age. Here, I mainly saw large groups and families. I felt like a complete outsider sitting by myself at the bar and in the morning getting breakfast. Maybe it was just this specific weekend that it happened, but it made it difficult to get to know people in the hostel.

Good points: Nice Breakfast buffet; Nice Bar; Quiet neighbourhood; Near to a nice beer place; Room was clean, comfortable and heating was ok; Shower and bathroom were nice; Down points: A bit far from the city center, but easily reachable by tramway; They do not rent towels, you have to buy; We had no lockers in the rooms, they are near the reception; Wifi do not work that well; I would recommend this place if you are travelling on a big group :)

I stay in hostels quite a bit - and I didn't like this one. Too big, I waited on breakfast like for 40 min, and there is no wifi. They tell you it's free all throughout the hostel, but no one I talked to was able to get connected. When we told the front desk, the lady said to just keep trying. Also, the staff is not the most friendly. Not good at giving help. You have to make your own bed. 20 min tram ride from dam square. Stay at less of a chain hostel for better experience.

• 19th Apr 2015

nice social area. The two beds in the upper deck of the room is very private and nice.

• 18th Apr 2015
  • China

This place is huge as far as hostels go. It seems like it's in an old school building or something, but the inside is super modern. The beds were comfortable, and our 6 person room had a private bathroom which was really nice. The breakfast is simple but sufficient. The bar is great as is the staff there.

A bit pricy but worth what you pay for. Stayed in 6 female dorm. Room was clean and beds were pretty comfy. Bathrooms were nice. Breakfast was included! Located not far from the train station, one stop away is town center. Staff was very friendly, especially the bartender. She was so perky and gave us great advice.

Would have been nice when we arrived if we had been given a map of Amsterdam or something. Otherwise I can't fault the Hostel. Breakfast was good the rooms were huge and beds surprisingly comfortable.

• 10th Apr 2015

Such a great place to stay. Incredibly helpful staff who helped my friend and I find our way around Amsterdam for the best price and happily stored our luggage for free on check out day so we could explore more. Just steps away from a tram stop. And the included breakfast saved me bunches. I would recommend this place to anyone! Lovely!

Don't go there if you're alone and you wanna make friends. It is such a big hostel that it has no intimacy which doesn't help to bond friendship. The ''common room'' is just next to the reception so it feels more like a waiting room than a place to relax. Otherwise, the breakfast was great and the cleaning too...

Breakfast was great and staff helpful

• 2nd Mar 2015

Amazing place we loved ou r stay here

• 8th Feb 2015
  • New Zealand

Great value for money, good breakfast, clean, helpful.

• 30th Jan 2015

No lockers. Wifi rarely worked. We had someone check in to our room at 3am while we were sleeping which was very alarming. Cheap drinks and good pizza in the bar and it was nice we could buy hop on and off bus tickets at reception but other than that I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

The hostel is very big! They have a very good breakfast and a massive restaurant. The rooms are comfy and warm, but everything you must buy or pay quite a bit... bring your towels etc and leaving valuables can be expensive, if you are staying for a while (no free lockers, even if you bring your own lock.) The hostel is about 3km away from the centre of Amsterdam, so location is not so good. It's cheaper than the city centre options, but it's a bit of a walk. If you don't mind, I highly recommend