Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg Reviews

Timorplein 21, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Stay okay is a massive hotel/hostel. The staff was extremely helpful. The location was not exactly central but the bus gets you there easily from the train station and the tram can easily get you into the city centre. The free breakfast is massive and definitely worth waking up for. Only thing that wasn't spectacular was the atmosphere. As a solo traveller the sheer size of the place is slightly intimidating and groups tended to keep to themselves. Overall I definitely recommend this place!

Enjoyed our stay here. The bar was nice and the people, friendly. Had a mistake with our room when we checked in but the staff was friendly about it, fixed it immediately, and then to top it all off. They gave out whole group free drinks at the bar. The location is a little ways from the center of town but it's situated in an old school which gives it a pretty neat atmosphere. Wi-fi was average. I enjoyed my stay and I would stay here again.

The wifi network here is horrible and I seriously mean horrible. Not only that but if you want to try and use a computer, you have to pay. There happened to be many tours staying there so there were so many younger kids that weren't exactly the most respectful people. The breakfast was ok, nothing to write home about. Overall it was clean and provided the basics.

The staff were arguably the best we encountered on our trip! There was a change of plan a week before our arrival and they extended our stay after my request by email without any hassle! It's a little bit outside the city centre but the main areas like Rembrandtplein, The Red Light District and the tourist attractions/central station were easily accessible by tram. The room was nice and comfortable too! I would definitely recommend this place!

b shower was so smelly I couldn't use it the first night of our stay. Rooms were low quality and the bunk beds were not against the wall, so I felt as if I may fall and injure myself in my sleep. Worst but most expensive hostel of my travels. location is not central but easily accessible by bus or tram and staff can advise on this. Location surrounded by lpts of good restaurants and bars. The directions to the hostel were unclear and once we were at our hostel's bus stop we got lost for ages.

Very modern, big and clean hostel. Location was out of the city centre but easy to get to and the tram runs nearby. The staff were helpful during our stay but not overly friendly. Lots of facilities e.g vending machines, computers (but very expensive to use) chill out area, restaurant etc. the room was reasonable sized but no air con made it very warm. There were no towels provided and had to make the bed ourselves. I felt that the hostel is overpriced for the quality received.

• 16th Jul 2015

Had an ok time, was the only female in a 6 bed dorm, would have been nice to have a warning of this, probably would have gone elsewhere. My roommates were very inconsiderate, came home at 4.30am and made zero effort to be quiet, but that's not the hostels fault. Wifi did not work at all, luckily one of the staff let me use the staff wifi so I could contact my friend staying elsewhere. Poor breakfast, would rather had no breakfast and a cheaper room or a paid better breaky option. Cool bar.

Pros; Clean rooms. Good facilites. Amazing breakfast. Nice staff.Cons: Too big making it hard to meet other people. There was a lot of High School groups which can be annoying. Not in short walking distance of town but a short tram or bustop to all the cool places.

The free breakfast was good, and everything seemed clean and well organized. The staff was friendly and helpful, and the location was conveniently located on tram and bus lines. The atmosphere was not very friendly to solo travellers, but I still had a pleasant stay. It is a huge hostel and seemed to mostly be populated by very young travelers in groups. It would be nice if they added small in-room lockers for valuables. Staying in a dorm it feels more secure to be able to lock things away!

The "Stayokay" really lived up to its name. Everything was mediocre at best. Some staff members were friendly and helpful while others were rude. It was expensive for the service I received. Recommend staying somewhere else.

It was far from the center, it was pretty expensive, and it was a place filled with tour groups.

Spacious room, incredible breakfast, professional service. There is nothing to complain. I am so glad to stay there in Amsterdam.

• 6th Jul 2015
  • China

Nice hostel, see you next year! :)

Incredible place to stay. Brand new facilities, easy going and very helpfull staff. A big hostel, with a lot of clients around, but very quite and well kept! The staff was always there to help in every single need. Very clean, incredible breakfast. The coffe machine is fantastic! ahaha ... Really had very good coffe there! Room well cleaned, bath and toilet very nice. If back to Amsterdam, I'll stay there again for sure!

Huge hostel...nice dorm rooms. It's a big far from the center but easily reached by tram 14! Wish there was a kitchen for us to use.

Clean hostel with a great atmosphere, helpful staff and easy access to tram, which goes to the city centre. We loveeeee happy hour!!

Good hostel with helpful staff and a nice place to stay, however if you're planning on walking everywhere then not great for location. It's about a 50 min walk to all the best clubs, bars and attractions and not ideal for going out for a late night out. Food was ok and quite reasonable and there are quite a few places to chill. Overall a good place to go and if you're happy to pay for public transport or a bike then probably a much easier place to stay.

Really liked the Stayokay Hostel. Something to note about this location- its a bit east of central Amsterdam so you need to take a bus there from the train station. I would get the multi-day transit pass for however long you are there anyways because its super easy to use and helpful, and kind of needed for this hostel. The area by the hostel, Javaplein, is really nice. The showers in the rooms have that little push button thing you need to re-press every 20 seconds, just a heads up.

• 24th Jun 2015

40 minutes walk from Central Station Great stuff Biggest hostel i've been.

No lockers in the room (only in the lobby). Not a backpacker hostel. Rooms were clean and alright. Had some wi-fi problems. Location is nice, tram leaves right in front and takes 15 minutes to center (the trams are slow).

« first « Prev 1 2 3