Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg Reviews

Timorplein 21, Amsterdam, Netherlands

Hostel was nice and clean, beakfast was excellent, staff was okey.. still,there's something missing.. maybe the athmosphere there should be when u're sleeping in a hostel? If u need a good place to sleep, this is it. If u want a bit creepy,crabby hostel, where u never nkow what's gonna happen (in a good way, I mean),this is not it. I stayed in a dorm of 6 persons. My roomies vere very lound,couldn't sleep but of course this is not hostels fault. Good place overall!

• 28th Aug 2015
  • Finland

Staying at stay okay was an awesome experience! After a very long stressful trip to Europe from the USA it was wonderful to arrive and be able to put my stuff in a safe and secure luggage room. You were able to check in and then the tram was nice and close and you could buy the tram tickets and other tickets at the front desk. Any questions, the staff was helpful and knew the answers or where to tell you to find the answers. The only complaint I had was with the shower. Clean but hard to use.

it would been better if you have one disability room with an accessible toilet.

• 21st Aug 2015

This hostel didn't have a kitchen and didn't allow guests to bring in their own food.

I thought this hostel was great! It was a quick tram ride into Amsterdam. The atmosphere was amazing. I was able to meet people easily and find people to do things with.

A decent hostel and good enough for what it is, but it is really difficult to not have internet in the rooms. I know that people have commented on this problem for quite some time and I assumed it would have been taken care of. Not having internet in the room is fine if it's a small hostel with a nice lounge, but this is a busy hostel with tons of people in the lounge at certain points. The staff were very friendly and there was no problem finding the location. The breakfast was also convenient.

The people at the desks were sooo helpfull with tickets and stuff!

• 13th Aug 2015
  • Sweden

I had an amazing time at the Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg in Amsterdam. The location was easy to get too and from the center of Amsterdam, the staff where very helpful and nice and lastly all the other guests where so friendly, fun and easy to talk too. I had a truly fantastic time ☺

• 12th Aug 2015

The breakfast was the saving grace, was incredible, worth 10 euros at least. Organic home made bread, organic juice, gluten free options, incredible. They put a man in my female dorm, and first night my shower did not work, but they did not offer any discount, voucher, or money back for these mistakes. Thus I was unhappy but the breakfast made up for it. I loved location. Far from center but I walked it in 50 min, nice walk, and quiet. My bed smelled, but sheets were clean. Pay 4 lockers per day

The breakfast buffet is very good. It should be allowed to bring food from outside. Nice bar and good happy hour prices.

Rooms were spacious, clean, bathroom was inside the room. Breakfast was great. Hostel staff are very friendly. There is a bar and pool table but there were lots of younger travellers as groups and families at least when we were there. Also far from center but wasn't a problem for us it was a nice neighbourhood. There is no kitchen.

The hostel lacks atmosphere.. No one is ever in the bar which could be a great lively area. Happy hour is at 9.30pm for an hour and even then no one is downstairs. The shower is a push button which turns off every few seconds so you need to constantly press it for water while trying to shower. The bathroom was also quite mouldy and the light is a sensor or something but kept turning on and off while in the shower.

Clean and organized. The staff is very efficient. Meet a lot of people and the breakfast is unbeatable!!

I like the fact the bathrooms were joined to the dorms. I was also nice that the hostel is next to a tram stop.

I found the place very nice and the people who work in very help full. It's a nice place to stay!

• 7th Aug 2015

The staff was really friendly and the rooms were very clean and nicer than I expected. Only downsides for me were the Wifi (albeit free, it was pretty weak and unreliable) and the location which was slightly further form the city center than I realized.

• 7th Aug 2015

Such a nice Hostel, l strongly recommend staying there for the folowing reasons : Yummy rich breakfast, clean and spacious rooms with personal night light, plugs a, very clean toilets and in total l can say l really enjoyed my stay.

• 5th Aug 2015
  • Iran

The wifi was awful. I have no data in Europe, and rely on wifi to contact home. I couldn't even use whatsapp to text my family because of how poor quality it was. Honestly, if you stay here it is easier to just go outside and buy a subscription to the public wifi. Internet aside, the hostel is meh. It feels like a hotel, and has probably just as many if not more rooms. It's bloated, oversized, and lacks the personal feeling of other hostels. 5/10

Great place, very secure and clean. Similar to a hotel with how it's run, which normally takes away from the atmosphere, especially with such huge numbers of people staying. But this place was great. Cheap drinks during happy hour and everyone would always make the most of that. A bit out of centre but easy to get transport to and from, only problem was the distance after a night out. Had to either catch the night bus which can be pricey or stumble the 30 minute walk home. Either way was great.

• 3rd Aug 2015

The hostel was very nice, although the location was just alright. We did have many problems with the staff communication, they blocked our key cards to our room at least 4 times without telling us why. It was very annoying to keep going back to the desk to figure out what was wrong. It was good value for the money but i would not stay there again.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5