Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg Reviews

Timorplein 21, Amsterdam, Netherlands

I booked this hostel on short notice after my other accommodation plans fell through, so this was the best option available. Anyways, it got the job done, but for what I paid I was underwhelmed and ultimately would NOT stay here again. PROS: Clean, very nice area, staff were mostly kind and helpful, good (free) breakfast, CONS (which outweigh the pros): Expensive, out of the way, doesn't have in-room lockers, showers are timed, the guy that rented me a bike there wasn't nice, etc.

A little way away from the centre of the city, but a great hostel with amazing breakfast and comfy rooms. Staff are super helpful and you can even buy train tickets from them. Would stay again

We had a nice stay, but the location is really out of the way (we knew that when we booked the hostel). The buffet dinner is great although a little expensive. And unfortunately the lights in our room didn't work well. We had to shower with the door open to let some light in.

Thr internet is good, but a bit slow for using skype. The locker is outside the room and is paid. The beeakfast is excellent, but there is a queue if you go after 8 am. It' close to a tram and a train station

Despite the distance, much better ambience than Stadsdoelen, and it's actually nice to have such a relaxed setting away from the city core. Happy hour and good breakfast and facilities, would recommend despite price.

All are good except the location, it is a little far away from the center of the city, maybe it will be a little inconvenient for you to reach the main tourist attractions.

Everything was fine if you just need a place to stay. A great breakfast with as much as you could eat. Clean and friendly staff. But not good if you're travelling alone... no activities and no atmosphere but that's kind of what you get from these bigger hostels so no complaints :)

I stayed for 2 nights there. Staff at the reception was very helpful, room was clean and breakfast was amazing with choices of ham, cheese, egg and fruit. The only thing I dislike was that it is not allowed to bring any food to the hostel even in the lobby or restaurant. If you dont feel like eating out, the only choice is to order a plate at the hostel which is Chef's Choice for 8.5 euro...

It was a nice place very big probably good for large groups of people but not for backpackers it was a little expensive for the time of year and they didn't have events running.. but saying that it was really clean and the beds where comfortable!

Very good hostel. Good facilities. Far away from city center. Wifi only good down in lobby.

Very good hostel! Perfect breakfast!

This hostel was fairly good. My biggest complaints are that there is no way to lock up your things in the room and the cost, which is typically expensive with this being Europe. The location isn't that close to mass transit as otters had described but it's close enough. It's an interesting neighborhood distant from the touristy parts so the city. The neighborhood has many immigrants and many some interesting ethnic food joints. The hostel bar is good with good music and nice service.

The Hostel is very good. The Staff is also good and the rooms are confortable, very clean and the facilities are perfect.

Good hostel to stay in Amsterdam. The rooms are great, and the breakfast is the best I have ever had in a hostel. It is not near the centre of the city, but there is a tram stop near the hostel.

Only stayed one night, but will definetely come again upon another trip to Amsterdam! Tram and bus station are really close, ride to the center takes about 15 min! Staff is very helpfull and in high season I believe you can meet a lot of people, because hostel is really busy.

Huge modern hostel. Stayed in 7-bed female room. Clean and pretty quiet. Keycards for security but no lockers in room. Wifi didn't work well in bedrooms. Very thin walls between toilet and bedroom. Great free breakfast (7-10am I think). Location could have been better - in a very residential area, needed to take the tram to get to the main part of Amsterdam (tram stop very close though).

My fav hostel in amsterdam

I had an amazing time in the StayOkay hostel! They provided great service and the breakfast was excellent!

• 15th Mar 2014

The hostel is located in a very nice neighborhood area. Everything is great except there's no common kitchen.

We had a really nice stay in Stayokay. The hostel is really close from the tram station, is clean and well organised. The breakfast is really good, and I found the price reasonable. I would definitely recommend!