Stayokay Amsterdam Zeeburg Reviews

Timorplein 21, Amsterdam, Netherlands

2000 Total Reviews

This hostel is pretty sterile, and not much is included in your stay. Breakfast was okay, the mattress was thin, the bathrooms are nice. The wifi is spotty. We arrived from the airport and it's pretty far, but if you arrive by train central station is really close. The staff was helpful and the room was clean, but dimly lit. I felt like I stayed in a nice hospital or college dorm.

The stay was ok overall. We booked a double room but for some reason we were given a 6 bed dorm for 2 people. The room was ok, the lighting was really dark though. To work the shower you had to push a button every 10 seconds. Breakfast was included and being very close to the tram stop was very convenient.

Good stay , good breakfast ! And clean ! Easy access to downtown by tram 14

The stay was totally worthwhile! It's really a cozy hostel and the staff was very helpful and willing to ask any question! The most amazing part, of course, would be the breakfast buffet. Everything was just right and well-organized. But be ware that tower and most of stuff that you might not get from a hostel may cost you some finance. Last point, it's not so close to the centre, so you'd better be capable of getting access to it! (OV-chipcard or city card etc.)

It was a super clean and fancy place! The breakfast was really good but really simple, not what I expected from the reviews. It was more like a hotel than a hostel. I didn't like that I couldn't bring my own food or drinks. There also werent lockers in the rooms.... I think that this is an absolute necessity for a hostel. People will steal from you if they can.

A little out of town, but transportation is of course easy, and it's not too far of a walk to central station (30 minutes). The hostel is nothing extraordinary, but I had no complaints. Breakfast included is a nice feature, and bike rentals are averagely priced. Aside from the location, a good place to stay for your money while you do Amsterdam things.

Staff was very helpful upon arrival. We were in a 6 shared room with bunk beds. There was a sink in the room and two separate doors for toilet and shower. Shower was a bit small, no floor towel/rug. Also a table and two chairs. Light and outlet at each bed. Breakfast was pretty good, many options. Good location imo, still in the city but away from city center. Would stay again.

This place was good. The only thing was that one of our lights went out and the water was weird. It had trouble coming out of the sink. Breakfast and the overall experience were great!

• 17th Dec 2015

When we checked in the table in the middle and floor in the middle of the room was dirty. When the Roomservice came in in the morning, they ignored the two spots and just put the sheets on the bed and left. We all loved the breakfast and for that alone we would probably book this hostel again. Sadly we had to talk a cab during nighthours to get back to the hostel, which is suboptimal. Overall an okay stay. Like the name implies.

• 27th Nov 2015

Excellent hostel, very helpful, patient, and considerate staff at front desk. I had requested to stay additional nights and switched rooms without a problem. They inquired about my trip and gave very helpful suggestions. Excellent customer service.

Really friendly place that's right next to the No.14 tram which is really convenient as it goes directly to the Dam tram stop

• 21st Nov 2015

Very sad because I had to go back haha.. Ver nice the stay

• 17th Nov 2015

This hostel is really Good! The staffs are helpful and nice, the facilities and location is perfect.

• 16th Nov 2015
  • Hong Kong

I loved this hostel and it was a great price! From the staff, to GREAT breakfast, to cleanliness, atmosphere and security, I felt safe constantly and enjoyed my stay. It is also at a great location and you can get to central Amsterdam via busses and trams. My only comment would be that my sheets and pillowcase smelt like pretty bad body odor, but other than that I am beyond satisfied! THANK YOU!

• 13th Nov 2015

This hostel was huge! There was a spacious restaurant/bar, and the morning breakfast was great. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Although this hostel is a bus ride from the city centre, it's in a nice neighbourhood and there's a cinema downstairs. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Each bed had it's own charging station. Would definitely stay again!

Amazing Hostel! Great breakfast, very clean and organized rooms, staff is kind. It is not in the center of the city, but it is easy to find with public transportation.

Best hostel ever. Love it !

• 8th Nov 2015

- Dinner is quite randomly organised. We were never sure to get food and on what hour. - The pricing of the rooms is not consistent. For the same price (all booked in advance) different people got rooms with variable comfort.

• 6th Nov 2015
  • Belgium

Very good place and clean. Very kind staff.

The hostel is huge. It´s clean and has an excellent breakfast. It´s a bit far from the center but very easy to arrive by public transport, and it also has connection to all Amsterdam big atractions. As big as it is there´s little interaction between people. No kitchen available for cooking and you cannot bring your own stuff to dring or eat.