Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Definitely the place to stay if you're looking to meet other backpackers and party a lot.

Fun hostel to stay in, definitely for the younger crowd. People party till the late hours in the pool area which has a bar and lot of seating. Great place to meet other travelers. Rooms are clean, I had my own. Lots of restaurants within a minute walk and one inside the hostel as well. Breakfast is free with a good selection of food. Easy to get to the beach and the old city/ market from the hostel via bike or moped.

This is the go to backpackers place in Hoi An, and you can see why. There is a decent buffet breakfast (get there before 9.30am if you want pancakes), a cheap bar and a pool, however the rooms are pretty basic and not very clean! It is a small walk to the old town, which is where you should go to eat and drink. Good people, nice staff.... Can't complain!

Sunflower is the best place to stay in Hoi An, the atmosphere is great and it's by far the most popular hostel in Hoi An for Backpackers. It includes a pool, which is surprisingly nice, and also has an outdoor bar area with cheap beer. The breakfast that is included is pretty much exactly what you need the next day when you're hungover from Infinity and Why Not Bar. The bathrooms get really wet, that's my only complaint about the place, but that's inevitable.

This is a party hostel. bedding and rooms are scruffy. If you want to party for a few nights and not too fussed on the cleanliness then this is the place for you. The bar and pool make it a great atmosphere... but the rooms are rotten!

Overall the hostel was good. Didn't really feel connected to the staff though. The pool and poolside restaurant was cool. One night, one of the staff let a drunk girl into our room that didn't stay there so maybe the staff could be a bit more aware of who's rooms who.

Good party hostel with a nice restaurant, bar and pool. Hourly shuttles into town (although it is walkable). AMAZING BUFFET BREAKFAST.

I stupidly put my shorts in the wash which had my bank card and money in them. When my washing was returned there was no money or card. The staff went out their way to help and they managed to retrieve the bank card and send it to my room so happy with the service of the staff for that! Overall good value hotel. Easy to meet people and the pool is a bonus!

Good hostel but terrible wifi. Staff were helpful.

nice social hostel

Good hostel for socializing with the pool and bar area. Comfortable beds and good bathrooms. Have to bring your own lock though. A little way out of the ancient town but not a bad 15 minute walk and super cheap bicycle rental, $1 for the whole day. Breakfast buffet is delicious and plentiful. Staff vere nice and helpful with booking tours and busses. The main downside is the floor in the room does not seem to be cleaned everyday so I got a lot of sand in my bed.

The owner was very friendly and the shuttle was very accommodating.

I really enjoyed my time here other than my friend and I having $30 each stolen from our bags in our twin private room. We even went through the effort to check the CCTV and found that it almost 100% was housekeeping. After multiple meetings with the so-called management, we finally we given $10 refund each for the hassle. Put a complete dampener on what could have been a lovely stay. Other than that, bar is lively and it is the best place to stay to meet people

Loud and noisy. Drunken Teenagers everywhere. Sleeping almost impossible because of said Teens and the bar playing loud music.

• 30th Nov 2014

We booked for three nights but only stayed one - our room wasn't made up when we arrived and the walls and floor were soaking wet and it generally felt unclean and uncomfortable. However the staff were friendly and didn't charge us for the two nights we had booked for. Most backpackers do stay here we found. If you are looking for somewhere nice we found a beautiful hotel spa opposite which is only £15 a night with beautiful rooms, a lovely pool and wonderful staff.

• 29th Nov 2014

The staff are very helpful, and there's certainly some characters amongst them. The cleaners are pretty on top of things, plus there's a good atmosphere at the place because its where all the backpackers go!

Great hostel but the service there was terrible! I was really shocked to find a hostel with so many backpackers in that had terrible staff. A lot of other travellers experienced bad service and very rude staff. It's a real shame as the rest of it was great. The receptionists were fine but the waiters/waitresses were extremely rude for no apparent reason - shame!

It's in a good location between the beach and the town. Bikes are cheap to rent. It's a hostel for party backpackers,

Before staying here I'd heard some mixed reviews...personally if you actually look into a place before staying then you know what you're going to get. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful...the breakfast staff not so much. Rooms were cleaned every day as well as the rest of the hotel. Yes it is mainly for people wanting a few drinks etc...however I didn't find it disturbing at all. Everyone there was welcoming and we met some lovely people. Will recommend to others

Great atmosphere at the bar in the evening and the buffet breakfast was the best we've had yet in a hostel. Walking distance to the old town and markets etc. Went to another hostel for one night and wanted to go back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6