Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Good location! Defs the party hostel if u are trying to sleep don't sleep on the 2nd floor. The pool is very clean & nice! Also the free breakfast buffet is so yummy lots of little crepes! The staff were kinda sassy. But overall it's good! B

It's 30 minute walk into town which we thought was too far. It's dirty and the staff aren't very helpful.

We booked here thinking it would be great to meet people but in truth there are too many people there to really get chatting to anyone. It is quite a walk from town and walking back at night is scary as its deserted from around 10.30pm onwards. We would say the hostel was fine but nothing more. We chose to stay another night as we loved Hoi An and were annoyed to then find when we were checking out that we had to pay more for that night as we didn't book that one online - seemed a complete rip

Rude staff. Very Bad value for money.

• 27th Jul 2015

Loved this hostel! Met so many people in Vietnam that recommended this hostel to me so I hurried and booked a room. The garden bar was super fun with a good atmosphere and the pool was refreshing and clean! THE FREE BREAKFAST so good maybe the fact that is was free is what made it so splendid but the pancakes were a dream. And reeeally good AC.

Staff were a bit rude at times. Pool and bar area is great.

• 26th Jul 2015

By far the best hostel I've stayed in so far on my trip through Vietnam, clean, friendly staff and very sociable, also great that they have a pool in the back

It is a party hostel, so it is not easy to get some sleep. I think it is kinda expensive for the facilities, yet everything in Hoi An is quiete expensive. The WiFi is kinda shitty as well. The pool is great and refreshing.

This hostel has a few positives; it's x2sociable, with a really good bar area, and dorms are a decent size. However, as mentioned in numerous reviews before me, the staff really let the place down. They're rude, unhelpful, and every single time I went to the front desk, someone was complaining. The aircon in the room didn't work, we asked for it to be fixed and they refused. This made it unbearably hot in the room & very hard to sleep. Also be aware that the wifi doesn't work in the rooms.

Staff looked like they hated life but good facilities and breakfast

I've been to a lot of hostels/budget hotels whilst travelling and this one was recommended to us. However, this one failed to please! The staff were very rude when we arrived and during our three nights. The room we stayed in didn't have a safe and our air conditioning didn't work for the first two nights. We complained and on our third night we came back to our room with two men trying to fix it. They managed to fix it but we found out the next day someone had taken $100 U.S. Dollars.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Nice spacious rooms with good sized lockers (need your own padlock). No bed lights and lack of individual plus sockets made dorm rooms a bit more difficult. Never had hot water in the shower but not always a bad thing after a hot day. Staff were helpful but not particularly friendly. Bar and pool area is nice and plays good music until quite late.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Great location, great breakfast buffet, but staff were boarding on rude at times. They just didn't seem to care.

To be honest I was a little disappointed with this hostel. I've only heard fabulous things but I have to say I didn't love it. The beds are hard rocks (good pillow and duvet though), A/c doesn't really work, our room didn't have a fan, no hot water and the towels were dirty. However, the buffet breakfast was AMAZING and so was the pool. Garden bar had a great atmosphere and the bahn my lady outside was delicious. Don't not stay here, just don't have crazy high expectations.

Everyone stays here, Which makes it great. Really social, decent beds, and good food which is cheap. Happy hour doesn't stop, which is amazing. About 1km from the centre of town, but worth staying here

Staff at reception where ok, but all other staff so rude. Breakfast was good and you had lots of options to pick from. Pool was full bugs, but does get cleaned but they need to get a met to scoop out the dead bugs. Good offers on there drinks and brilliant atmosphere. I was laid in bed one morning and the cleaners only changed the under sheet and pillow case, the duvet doesn't get changed which I thought was shocking.

Average hostel. Rude bar and waiting staff. Concierge was constantly wanting to know where we were going, including telling us it was "too early" for the beach so that we would pay for a breakfast (it's never too early for the beach).

We booked this hotel as we had been told by everyone that it was the best place to stay due to having a pool and bar. Ow ever when we arrived we were very disappointed by the state of our room, which the wifi didn't work in, air con didn't work and nor did any of the sockets. When we approached the staff to ask them to fix it we were told them there was nothing they could do and we needed to get on with it, having originally planned 3 nights there we stayed for one, and went somewhere better

• 14th Jul 2015

good location, good atmosphere, party hostel

vibes are pretty good, we met a lot of cool people :) restaurant staff and food isn't overwhelming but okay. breakfast buffet is huge! surely recommend :)

• 13th Jul 2015