Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Loved staying at the sunflower, the atmosphere is really nice! A lot of backpackers, so it's easy to meet new people! It is a party hostel though, if you want peace and quiet this may not be the best pick. I liked it and stayed for 6 nights! The breakfast is great by the way! Nice pool and a pooltable as well!

It's a nice place to chill out and meet new people. I even extended my stay.

Upon checking in i was assigned a bed as expected. After going to my room, i fould that someone else was in that bed and was told by the staff that i could sleep anywhere. That worked for the first night but then they gave the bed i had to someone else the following day. After a heated conversation, I finally got them to put fresh sheets on the bed that i was initially assigned and took that one. Security is poor. non-locking room doors and no baggage lock up.

Great place, pool is nice. You can tell its a hotel that was converted into a hostel, but it works. Beds are comfy, it's clean. Great place to stay in Hoi An if you don't want to spend 15$ at DK's.

Fun hostel, nice pool, loads of cold water showers

Nice hostel. Big rooms, awesome pool area, cheap food. I quite liked it.

The dorms are ok. The staff was a little bit stressed. For 3 days ok.

Nice swim pool but the hotel was actually a taxi ride away from the town centre and the beach. Lots of young people, but everyone seemed to disappear at night.

Staff really rude and not service-minded.

• 31st Mar 2015

The Sunflower has a good location, and the pool, bar and breakfast are excellent. Rooms were not cleabed daily unless they were privates. I asked to have my laundry done and it came back folded and smelling worse then when I gave it to them. In addition, they do not have spare keys for rooms. I booked a sunrise tour through them that was canceled morning of because of a flat tire on a bus.

Went to this hostel knowing it was a party hostel. Wasn't however expecting the state the bedroom was in! 3 other girls currently in the dorm had their clothes and belongings everywhere, and another room I saw was even worse. Dorm also had 8 beds instead of the stated 6! Wasn't allowed to change rooms despite knowing that there were free beds in other dorms! In the end left and went to another place round the corner! Only come here if you are one of the messy party people.

• 29th Mar 2015

asked for early check-in, but wasn't allowed to check in before noon. When I did check in, others staying in the room told me the bed had been ready for three hours already... But ready isn't quite true: The bed had been made, but the sheets had not been changed. Apparently a common occurrence... Staff is really rude. Only positive is that it's a social hostel, but so are a lot of others in town! Would not recommend staying.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Norway

The Sunflower is an excellent place to stay. My only criticism is that it is full of kids and the pool and bar encourage this. The room and bed, the food its all great. Even though I was backpacking the general atmosphere of these kind of places is not to my taste and kind of spoils the treat of being in another country as pool partys, fights and general debauchery can be found anywhere if your looking for something a bit special or chilled out then this isn't the one for you.

I had a private room and it was pretty good. Nice beds and a good bathroom. The hostel itself is clean and welcoming. The pool outside is awesome and they also have a bar and pool table where the vibe is good. The breakfast was amazing and free and the regular food you can order from the bar was pretty good too. It is located right in between old town and the beach and mopeds and bikes are very cheap to rent outside. Staff is super helpful and friendly. I would 100% stay her again.

I had a very comfortable stay at Sunflower. You can rent towels for free and bicycles for 20k. Wifi is very slow though. I had a pretty good room but I have heard some rooms aren't so good. The breakfast buffet is awesome. It's great to socialize here and the location is great. Overall, worth it.

Was an ok place , had a good group of people there so made it that bit much better, had a nice pool and would stay there again!

Great pool...great location...a lot of other people told me they thought the staff was rude and pushy but I only found them to be mildly so. Great buffet for breakfast.

No shower trays in all the bathrooms, resulting in a soaking wet room, nowhere comfy to relax, but good fun in the bar. Too expensive in comparison to other options close by and some of the rooms are like dungeons, we did move rooms and it was much better.

• 27th Mar 2015

This place is great if you want to party, but only because it's full of other like-minded travellers. I didn't find the staff or hostel contributed to the fun I had at all, very few events or promotions run by the hostel, but plenty of people to make your own fun with.

Big party hostel with secure rooms and a big buffet breakfast. It's only about a 20 min walk away from the old town and there are several really nice restaurants nearby. The main downsides here were the unfriendly staff and appalling laundry service but otherwise absolutely worth staying here.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7