Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

The waitresses could be very moody at times.

• 4th May 2015

Loved the staff and loved breakfast!! What a fun experience!

• 30th Apr 2015

The main backpacker place for hoi an. Problem is the staff know it. The place sells out. So they let things slip like there manners, cleanliness of the rooms. I spoke to other backpackers who asked for directions for certain places. And they were sent the wrong way. We were there for the holidays. And we asked what celebrations/festivals are on they replied nothing when this wasn't the case. pool is clean. Sheets were washed but were stained. Saying that I would stay again. For atmosphere.

The free breakfast is awesome by hostel standards, all you can eat... Apart of that tho, this place doesn't have much going for it. unfriendly and incredibly unhelpful staff. kind of dirty and the place sort of feels like it's falling apart. it's 'the place to stay' in Hoi An, but it shouldn't be.

Booked a 6 bed mixed dorm and were placed in an 8 bed. We're given 3 keys for the dorm and told to find our way to the room ourselves. We entered only to find all 3 beds were occupied. We spoke to the girls inside who said beds didn't make sense and to take any! My locker was broken and could be accessed by the above locker! Mould all over the window sill! Staff were very rude and said I had to pay to change! We were eventually allowed to swap but only after many sighs and huffs! dissapointinng!

Good atmosphere, busy but clean. Well organized and fantastic breakfast! $1bicycle rental, cheap motorbike rental, good places to eat nearby and cheap. Best to buy beer outside of hostel as much cheaper. Walking distance to old town

It was a big shame that the security guard used the common room as his bedroom.

• 23rd Apr 2015

The good fame made them be careless about customer satisfaction. The receptionist was very rude even with her unclear english. The bathroom kept dirty even after the cleaning has been done, no paper and no hot water. The services that the hostel offers such as shuttle to the airport, are half price at the agency next door.The Swimming pool is a good social area and breakfast is amazing!! I wouldn't recommend to someone who wants a peaceful place to chill out.

The staff were very rude. There were 7 people checked in to our 6 bed dorm and we had to ask 3 times to get it sorted. Bedding was unclean which isn't what you expect when you pay $8 a night for a dorm. Breakfast is good, the pool and outdoor seating area is nice. A lot of people recommend staying here because it's got a good atmosphere, however you can just come in and use the pool etc without staying at the hostel.

If ever I thought I need a sleep-sheet or protective cover, this was the place. While their breakfasts are the absolute best ANYWHERE, and I loved their pool, I only stayed one of the four nights reserved since the sheets and pillow case were dirty and there were wrappers and even half a jar of peanut butter next to my bed....uh, none of it mine. Definitely a party joint, which I'm down for most of the time, however, the lack of cleanliness could become hazardous.

A real party hostel.

Best place to stay - very clean, comfy beds and an amazing buffet breakfast! Stayed for 3 nights with friends but could have stayed longer. Definitely the party hostel of hoi an.

Loved staying at the sunflower, the atmosphere is really nice! A lot of backpackers, so it's easy to meet new people! It is a party hostel though, if you want peace and quiet this may not be the best pick. I liked it and stayed for 6 nights! The breakfast is great by the way! Nice pool and a pooltable as well!

Full of young people with a great atmosphere. Really good breakfast! Only issue is that it's a taxi away from all the nightlife but the taxis are cheap enough

Great hostel! However, it depends in which dorm you are. I had a perfect dorm with lovely roommates, but also slept at a dorm where the people where too loud and noisy. Just ask for another room. Vibe is good, swimming pool is nice, breakfast is delicious! Not enough plugs in the dorms though. Wifi is good, towels can be rent, bicycles are cheap as well. Enjoy your stay!

It's a nice place to chill out and meet new people. I even extended my stay.

Upon checking in i was assigned a bed as expected. After going to my room, i fould that someone else was in that bed and was told by the staff that i could sleep anywhere. That worked for the first night but then they gave the bed i had to someone else the following day. After a heated conversation, I finally got them to put fresh sheets on the bed that i was initially assigned and took that one. Security is poor. non-locking room doors and no baggage lock up.

Great place, pool is nice. You can tell its a hotel that was converted into a hostel, but it works. Beds are comfy, it's clean. Great place to stay in Hoi An if you don't want to spend 15$ at DK's.

Great vibe at this hostel. Good value for money, breakfast included, clean dorms and a pool for only $7 a night. The staff are pretty rude and unhelpful but I wouldn't let that stop you staying here. You can rent bikes for only 20,000 dong a day and it's only 10 minutes to the beach or 5 minutes into the old town. Word of advice, don't book buses with the hostel, we paid $25 for a bus to Dalat and later found out the same bus tickets are being sold down the road for $15.

Fun hostel, nice pool, loads of cold water showers

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7