Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Worst hostel I've stayed in staff were awful. Overrated

Beware the motorbike taxis outside. They stole d500000 from me, I asked the staff to help and they were completely useless.

Nice hotel. Bar and pool area were well setup. Bit of a walk away from town but it was ok. Free breakfast was excellent. Best in Vietnam so far.

Great atmosphere, really social, but the place is expensive for what you get; staff are rude and the place is not very clean. I got forced out of my room by cleaners 2 hours before check out - you'd think with all that extra time it wouldn't be so filthy!

Lovely hotel with great social atmosphere. About 30 minute walk from the beach and 20 minutes from the old town - recommend hiring a bicycle or motorbike if staying here. Beds are comfortable but bathrooms could be slightly cleaner. Staff were slightly unfriendly and unhelpful.

The staff lied to us about a bus ticket!! We paid an extra $5 to ensure our bus had a toilet and wifi of which it had neither!! Our friends bus had both toilet and wifi this was very disappointing as they didn't respond to my email. There are also aggressive motorbike riders who wait out the front and shout verbal abuse at the hotel patrons.

I moved from another hostel to this one to meet more people. It's a big hostel so easy to meet other travellers. Positives: - Sociable party hostel - Swimming pool - Really good breakfast Negatives: - The staff can be a bit hit and miss - I found the cleanliness wasn't great but manageable If you want to be in the action and meet other travellers this is a good bet.

Only stayed here for one night. Nothing was particularly bad about the Sunflower, but make sure to lock your motorbike when parking here. Just a pretty average hostel, but they do offer free breakfast and a decent swimming pool. That being said, it is a good place to meet a lot of other people.

A good place to stay, with a nice small pool despite building works going on when we stayed here.

Sunflower is a great place to stay if you want to meet people. It is also a great place to go to, even if you stay somewhere else. There is a great breakfast buffet, and people love to spend time on the terrace by the pool. Although, drinks are not that cheap, and the bar closes each night around 1 o'clock, time to move out downtown! Weird things is that there is no control over who enters the hostel. Be careful with the Viet-thugs that hang in front of Sunflower, they are agressive sometimes.

We booked a twin private room and got a room with two large king sized beds! The privat room was clean. The main reason why you should go to this hostel is the atmosphere, people from all hostels are gathering here and drinking beers at the pool. I would recommend this hostel to all the people that would like to meet other travelers.

A great place to stay in Hoi An, it was recommended to me by lots of people I met whilst travelling in Vietnam - I was glad I did. A fantastic place to meet people and socialise generally, the location was a bonus too - between the old town and the beach - it offered the best of both worlds. During my stay I met lots of people who transferred hostels in Hoi An so they could stay here. I would definitely stay there again and was of the best I stayed at in Vietnam.

The hostel can be a pretty awesome party hostel if you're into or a part of the British Invasion. Seriously, the swimming pool is nice, as well as the pool table area and everything, but in order for you to enjoy that you gotta be into springbreak-like partying. But pretty cool place to stay anyways.

You really pay for the fact this is the 'backpacker place to go' in Hoi an it's overpriced for what you get but there is a pool a bar and you do get a banging breakfast included.

This is party central for 20year old backpackers. Environment lovely ...with deep pool, bar on site, breakfast included. Ten minutes walk to the old town and fifteen minutes cycle to cua dai beach, fantastic swimming.

This hostel is perfect for backpackers. We heard about it from everyone we met and I'm so glad we stayed here. You meet so many people and everyone hangs out by the pool by day or the bar by night before heading out. Perfect for meeting people, being on a low budget and the free breakfast buffet is amazing! Definitely recommend staying here. The staff aren't that friendly but it doesn't really affect you because of the atmosphere.

Friendly, helpful staff. bed bugs

• 4th Aug 2014

Good location in between the beaches and downtown. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was ok unless a little bit old but the value was good for the price we paid. The restaurant was excellent, I liked their Thai food specialities. Breakfast was also very fair and perfect for starting the day. Atmosphere was also great, lots of backpackers. It was very busy when we stayed there so check availability in advance! There is also a pool and a bar.

Great breakfast, pretty nice pool, nice rooms and excellent air con. Beds weren't changed in the 6 days we were there. Staff were pretty unfriendly but it didn't affect our stay. Think we were unfortunate in that the crowd who were there at the same time as us weren't particularly pleasant. Luckily there were enough nice people for it not to matter too much

As a room it is pretty basic and low budget with a bit of damp/mold and tired decor. But you don't stay here for that, the Sunflower is a great place to meet people, either in the pool or at the bar/pool table. The breakfast is also the best we had in Vietnam, just get there early enough for the pancakes! It is easy to hire bicycles outside which are perfect for exploring the town or the beach. Such a fantastic place to hang out.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7