Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

2023 Total Reviews

A big hostel but still easy to meet people. It's a bit far out of town in comparison to some other hostels though.

Close to shops/restaurants but 15-20 min walk to old town. Lots of backpackers but I don't like how the drinking/common area is up the back so you have to go out of your way to see who's around. Was nice to have a porter- its set out like a hotel with dorms. big parking area for bikes and nice pool

Wifi sucks, full of drunk Brits

The hostel staff was unfriendly to guests. We had open bus tickets to Hue but the hostel gave us wrong address and the wrong company number so we never got to our bus and we had to buy new tickets. There was only one plug in the rooms and the wifi was bad, it worked only in the lobby. But the breakfast was very good and the hostel has nice pool!

Amazing buffet breakfast and spotless rooms. Staff were a bit rude at times.

Pretty basic hostel.bar is okay, have a pool and breakfast isn't too bad. Bit of a walk to the ancient town but not too far. Good air con in dorms.

Stayed in a superior private room. Duvets seemed dirty and I didn't use them. My companions in the dorm had the see issues with the duvet. Pool was nice. Breakfast delicious. Staff were not friendly at all. It was quite far away from the town. You could rent bikes though.

I was not a big fan of this hostel. The rooms were dirty, the beds were ridiculously squeaky and there wasn't much of an atmosphere. I travelling alone and I found it hard to meet people because it's so big. There is a definite party vibe, but not a cool one, a douchy frat boy one. If you're into that, then this is the hostel for you.

Staff not very friendly. Atmosphere buzzing. Bed squeaky and not the cleanest place to stay. But you are guaranteed to meet people here so it's worth it if travelling alone

I was a little disappointed with this hostel the restaurant staff are rude and don't actually care but the reception staff were amazing so it surprised me!!! The swimming pool is good and clean... The free breakfast is a plus as always and something to take in consideration!! The room was clean and we had a tv fridge and bath (but again you're not allowed to use this)... It's local to a lot of tailors which is good and the clothes seem fine :)... The bar across the road is also a must 8p beer!!

Contra: Dirty bedsheets :-( Staff was not very friendly/helpfull Locker in my dorm room was broken The food for lunch/dinner was okay, portion sizes were very small A rather long walk to the city center - but you can rent a bike just outside for less than 1$ :-) Pro: Swimming pool is a plus Best breakfast buffet! Pick up from bus stop

Good things - amazing breakfast, decent wifi, power all stayed on when the rest of the town cut out, cheap decent food at other meals, bikes and motorbikes available to rent for fairly cheap right outside. Not so good things - not right in the old town and not too near the beach, so not the best, not the worst location. Generally a bit too big, its not a getting to know people hostel. Bars not particularly cheap, it's an OK atmosphere. I reckon you could get better for your money!

Had a good stay. Hostel has a great breakfast and a pool, which was nice. There's a fun atmosphere

The hostel was good for meeting people, and the breakfast was good. Was quite expensive given how basic and old the rooms are but if people want a party then it's the right place to be. Staff were helpful when you asked and booked taxis etc.

the breakfastis excellent

Overall nice would have been better if provided towels on arrival.

Unfriendly staff. Cold shower. Cockroach in room.

• 28th Oct 2015

I stayed in a private double room and it was clean, the bed was comfy, the room was cleaned everyday and the minibar was restocked everyday as well. It has a great common area/bar for meeting people with a pool, pool table, and football. Free buffet breakfast was excellent every morning. It is a fairly good location right between the beach and the central market.

• 27th Oct 2015

Good location, unreal breakfast and cool pool area but the staff here are shocking. Pushing you towards expensive tailors in town and then when we (there were three of us in a private room) had stuff made and notified reception that our things were being dropped to the hotel they left our tailor waiting outside for ages and refused to let us know she was outside. Only by chance did I find out when I went down to reception to see where our things were. Terrible! We won't go back b/c of staff.

Good, not great hostel. The morning breakfast is awesome and their communal showers before and after check out is really helpful when you have been on a bus all night. The wifi was spotty in the room. The bar at night is pretty cool and the pool during the day is lively. Would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone coming to Hoi an.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7