Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

The staff were awful. I had a few occasions where they basically ignored me when I had an enquiry and saw the same with other people. I also notice a few people had trouble with double bookings. The buffet breakfast was unusual and neither good or bad. The room was not cleaned properly and there was a major lack of plug sockets. However there was hot water and air conditioning and the bar a pool area was ok. You get what you pay for although the staff ruin it.

Some of the staff were very helpful, some were extremely rude. The breakfast was awesome and the dorm room was clean. Absolutely DO NOT book your onward bus from the front desk. I was lazy and got told I'd be on a nice bus. I paid way too much for the crappiest bus I've ever been on! There are plenty of tour offices nearby that you can use.

Great atmosphere. Pool out back and bar, people sit around and play drinking games. Rooms slightly hot and staff were not very helpful. But this is "the place" to stay in Hoi An, overall, worth it! Met great people here. Not too loud at night which is great as well

• 22nd Feb 2015

Breakfast buffet is great. Walking distance to old town, and not far from the beach. Some staff were helpful, restaurant/bar staff were not. Clean simple rooms, would stay again.

Lovely place to stay, friendly staff with great English. Spacious room, well furnished and clean! Only downfall is it's slightly outside the city, but nothing a 50,000 dong taxi can't fix.

• 22nd Feb 2015

It seems like a hotel that was transformed into a hostel. Excellent facilities, the breakfast is a feast and unlimited. Is not the most social place as the common areas are huge and people tend to scatter a bit. Close enough to the city center. Clean, comfortable beds and toilets. The shower lacks pressure though, but it seems to be a problem all over SEA

I was in two minds about booking here as reviews wernt that good but had lots of back packers recommend it! The free buffet is great 6-10 pancakes eggs toast noodles cereal fruit juices tea coffee--no jam :( socialising us great here day and night. Bar menu good. Rooms were standard not amazing not bad. Good 20 min walk from the old town markets and why not bar. Staff were so rude on arrival as so many people but were nice on check out?? Maybe because they were both pregnant..? 6/10 for here!

The staff is amazing. I've a great time there. The breakfast is superb. And If you are lucky your roomies could be the funniest people you'll ever met.

noisy room, please fix the fan!!

Found staff helpful but rude and abrupt !! Breakfast was good but food from the resturant was awful !! Clean hostel and to be fair you get what you pay for.

Great place to stay in hoi an. One of the best included breakfasts weve had so far. Walking distance to lots of good food and sights. More active social scene at night than most.

Good pool, staff were accommodating and friendly. We arrived in the morning on the overnight bus and were able to use the showers and washrooms prior to checking in. The free breakfast buffet is great and there were loads of other backpackers around. Slight downside is that it takes about 20mins walking to get to town.

The staff of this hostel is colder than ice. They don't care about you at all, are not helpful and are even extremely rude. At 9 am when people were all still sleeping in my room, they just turned on the lights and started cleaning the room. When I asked them if they knew where to buy an iphone charger they told me there was nothing close, when there was a electronic shop next door. Don't expect a smile or a warm welcome. Oh and the rooms are dirty and smelly, and the people (too) drunk.

They assigned us a room and then changed it an hour later. The bathrooms are in bad shape. The hostel seemed conpletely booked and the staff overwhelmed. Good breakfast though.

The best asset of this hostel is its amazing breakfast buffet with really good food. They also have a pretty nice bar by the pool that gets busy in the evening. The staff, however, are straight-up indifferent towards everyone and even rude at times. Rooms are ok, I found their bunk beds rather uncomfortable, but the facilities are overall good.

Fantastic atmosphere and common area. Really easy to meet lots of people. Delicious buffet breakfast. Really easy to hire bikes (20,000VND) to ride into the old town (approx 2km away) or the beach (approx 4km away). Slightly longer walk into town, but there is a few restaurants etc surrounding the hostel. Would stay here again!

The hostel is nice, with a busy bar, flat TVs/beamer close to a swimming pool. It is located 2km from the old village. It is mostly booked by young travelers. I was not happy with the staff, some of them argued with each other publicly and when I checked out they tried to make me pay more for the laundry I geve them. I got some money back after complaining, but I did not receive an apology.

Was a great hostel with a good atmosphere, especially near the pool. Wifi didn't reach rooms. Breakfast was awesome. It is a bit of a walk to old town, but not too terrible.

I stayed here because it seems as though most backpackers do during their stay in Hoi An. Be prepared for a massive amount of people compared to a typical hostel. Biggest downside is that at around 3am every night, you'll have a large group of drunk people getting back from the bar/pub crawl. I could deal with it, but I'm sure it's aggravating to others. The pool area and breakfast buffet were nice though

The hostel is far from the center,you will have to count an extra dollar a day to rent a bike.I really didn't appreciate is the fact that the staff were not honest,I ask them how much it was by local bus to get to the airport they told 3$ for the taxi (it was 2$)and then 2$ for the bus ride (it was 1$)and then from the bus station to the airport 10$ (they dropped you close to the airport). obviously, she wanted me to book her minivan for 15$ which is the same price (no) and much more convenient

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7