Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Staff weren't very polite but the hostel had a great atmosphere and an amazing breakfast buffet!

stayed here two nights.staff quite unfriendly and unhelpful.rooms not cleaned properly every day.no security here anyone comes and goes as they please.most travellers stay here though so good pool and bar area for meeting people.motorbike gang outside which harass you at night time. very dodgy area.far from the town and far from the beach.would not recommend this place

Really good pool area, good atmosphere at night. Dorm room comfy and relatively clean, food good but cheaper to eat elsewhere. Would definitely recommend for the social aspect

Had a great stay at Sunflower, great location, able to walk to both the beach and to the Old Town. Great atmosphere around the bar/pool. Stayed in a private room, comfortable bed, clean bathroom, TV, minibar. Very happy, would stay again and recommend. Thanks

Worst hostel I've stayed in staff were awful. Overrated

Beware the motorbike taxis outside. They stole d500000 from me, I asked the staff to help and they were completely useless.

Nice hotel. Bar and pool area were well setup. Bit of a walk away from town but it was ok. Free breakfast was excellent. Best in Vietnam so far.

Unless you're a kid who likes being scammed don't stay here So many people have been ripped off, the staff are in on it and don't care. There's a moto Mafia outside who will force you on their mopeds to get to the bar (15 min walk). They'll short change you and gang up to get your money. The hostel actively encourages you to get on them. Me and my mates just pushed them away and walked every night. Beds were dirty, towels were dirty, pool is dirty. Stay somewhere else, go there for beers

Great atmosphere, really social, but the place is expensive for what you get; staff are rude and the place is not very clean. I got forced out of my room by cleaners 2 hours before check out - you'd think with all that extra time it wouldn't be so filthy!

Lovely hotel with great social atmosphere. About 30 minute walk from the beach and 20 minutes from the old town - recommend hiring a bicycle or motorbike if staying here. Beds are comfortable but bathrooms could be slightly cleaner. Staff were slightly unfriendly and unhelpful.

The staff lied to us about a bus ticket!! We paid an extra $5 to ensure our bus had a toilet and wifi of which it had neither!! Our friends bus had both toilet and wifi this was very disappointing as they didn't respond to my email. There are also aggressive motorbike riders who wait out the front and shout verbal abuse at the hotel patrons.

I moved from another hostel to this one to meet more people. It's a big hostel so easy to meet other travellers. Positives: - Sociable party hostel - Swimming pool - Really good breakfast Negatives: - The staff can be a bit hit and miss - I found the cleanliness wasn't great but manageable If you want to be in the action and meet other travellers this is a good bet.

Only stayed here for one night. Nothing was particularly bad about the Sunflower, but make sure to lock your motorbike when parking here. Just a pretty average hostel, but they do offer free breakfast and a decent swimming pool. That being said, it is a good place to meet a lot of other people.

Can get noisy of a night if your room is out the back and the pool is not as nice as it looks on the photos

A good place to stay, with a nice small pool despite building works going on when we stayed here.

Sunflower is a great place to stay if you want to meet people. It is also a great place to go to, even if you stay somewhere else. There is a great breakfast buffet, and people love to spend time on the terrace by the pool. Although, drinks are not that cheap, and the bar closes each night around 1 o'clock, time to move out downtown! Weird things is that there is no control over who enters the hostel. Be careful with the Viet-thugs that hang in front of Sunflower, they are agressive sometimes.

We booked a twin private room and got a room with two large king sized beds! The privat room was clean. The main reason why you should go to this hostel is the atmosphere, people from all hostels are gathering here and drinking beers at the pool. I would recommend this hostel to all the people that would like to meet other travelers.

A great place to stay in Hoi An, it was recommended to me by lots of people I met whilst travelling in Vietnam - I was glad I did. A fantastic place to meet people and socialise generally, the location was a bonus too - between the old town and the beach - it offered the best of both worlds. During my stay I met lots of people who transferred hostels in Hoi An so they could stay here. I would definitely stay there again and was of the best I stayed at in Vietnam.

The hostel can be a pretty awesome party hostel if you're into or a part of the British Invasion. Seriously, the swimming pool is nice, as well as the pool table area and everything, but in order for you to enjoy that you gotta be into springbreak-like partying. But pretty cool place to stay anyways.

You really pay for the fact this is the 'backpacker place to go' in Hoi an it's overpriced for what you get but there is a pool a bar and you do get a banging breakfast included.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7