Sunflower Hotel Hoi An

Very Good 2898 Total Reviews
7.9
Very Good 2898 Total Reviews

24th Mar 2017

Staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hostel to anyone looking to party in Hoi An. Lots of younger backpackers go there, and there are plenty of bars that cater to them. The staff members helped me out with a free upgrade and gave great recommendations for food and sights.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
21st Mar 2017
8.0

Breakfast, pool area and atmosphere was great but staff were unhelpful. We booked a day trip paying up front at the hostel but once on the coach we realised this price didn't include entry which we had to pay on top of the coach price - this was not explained to us by the staff.

19th Mar 2017
4.9

The staff here are absolutely horrible. No enthusiasm whatsoever, and they make you feel like you're not welcome. I had asked for a ticket to be booked to another city and the woman told me I had to go to the booking office which was not "ten minutes away" (she said EVERYTHING was ten minutes away). Meanwhile was talking to other travellers doing the same route as I am and they told me she had called the agency for them to book it. She even made me talk on the phone when I asked if I could call

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
17th Mar 2017
7.4

We only stayed here one night as we booked a private twin bed and there was a lot of damp! Our pillows were covered in mould - when we pointed this out to staff they did replace them but we felt that someone should have spotted this before we checked in. Showers were also cold. However the evening atmosphere is really fun and there are some great drinks deals. Although we checked in to a different hostel to stay in, we came back for nights to drink.

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30

Great breakfast

4.3

Dorms are horrendous and illegal - staff ushered us out of room and told us police were here to check for dorms, this is a hotel and they are not allowed dorms (a staff member told us this). Unprofessional staff who are rude and don't care about you at all. Dorms are filthy with cockroaches everywhere even in lockers. Duvets are not changed between guests. Two plugs for 6 people. Shower isn't worth the trouble. Beds squeak like I've never heard before. Not sure how this place is so popular !!!

• Canada, Female, 18-24
6.9

Everything in this hostel is all right, except the staff. They are really rude and not helpful at all. They don't make you feel like they are there to help you. I've read the comment about the staff being rude before staying there and I thought it wasn't going to be that bad and it really was. People should stop encourage them and go see other hostel in Hoi An.

• larissaoliver
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
14th Mar 2017
5.7

Overall the hostel had a great atmosphere and night life. However it was very unclean. My bed sheets were filthy and there was so much rubbish under the bed! You can get better value for money elsewhere but probably not the social life (if your a party goer.)

• Denmark, All Female Group, 18-24
13th Mar 2017

Nice with pool and great breakfast. I could place if you like to party. I bit far from the center but it was a nice walk and they also had a shuttle to the center

• England, Female, 18-24
12th Mar 2017

Good hostel, busy at night with alot of people so has a good vibe. Only spent 1 night here due to time but could have stayed longer. Breakfast is good and stafd helpful. What more do you really need.