Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

More of a hostel than hotel. We booked the superior room. Sheets were dirty, shower was cold and the cleaners walked into our room without knocking. Good atmosphere out the back and is great for meeting people and the free brekky was yum. But overall a less than average stay.

• 5th Feb 2016

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Great facilities, excellent breakfast. Clean rooms.

Good location, 10min walk from old town. Atmosphere is great- for partying mostly. We had a private room and the shower is not segregated from toilet so you flood entire bathroom which is super inconvenient. We also had roaches in our bathroom. Some staff are good, some very rude, I guess you get that everywhere however.

We had a great time at the hostel. Only real bummer was the bus we booked through them. It was supposed to be a night bus to hue for 200k dong - turned out to be the crappiest bus ive ever been on in asia...

Overall a good stay. Fun atmosphere. Rooms basic, not to sure on the cleanliness of the bed sheets but other than that was fine. About a 10 minuet walk to old town. The breakfast was great.

a place if you want to party. the music is a bit loud at night . the staff is very helpful and they serve buffet breakfast which is yummy .pancakes are the best! everything was nice apart they didint have a hot shower !

• 23rd Jan 2016
  • Lithuania

Fantastic hostel in Hoi An. I booked 1 night then extended my stay to 5 since the staff was so helpful and the environment here was great. I heartily recommend this as the place to stay in Hoi An.

Overall my stay was fine, the hostel is close to the old town and the tailor shops which was handy! The pool and bar were nice to and they also provided an excellent free breakfast. However when I arrived my bed was unmade and dirty and they looked at me like an alien for requesting clean sheets. The pillow was mouldy and I never got a clean duvet cover it smelt of damp. I just got my cotton sleeper out and used that. I realise it's a hostel and not a hotel but clean sheets are a basic.

The worst hostel I stayed at: - Location on hostelworld map is wrong by 2km!! I made 5km extra walk because of it. But google maps has it right. - Lockers are insecure! You can get to them from the other ones top/bottom. - My roommate had 500k dongs stolen from the locker!!! We suspect cleaning ladies. - Beds are noisy as hell if enyone moves. - Power sockets are in ony one place in room.

Best breakfast ever. They even have those silver Buffett trays. And there is lots of peanut butter and it's a good type of peanut butter it's like a liquid but still amaZing. So good for banana dipping. You can go up like seven times until you feel like piling but there is still peanut butter so you keep eating. What else do you need in a hostel?

We had some of the best days of our trip staying at the sunflower hotel. The atmosphere here is amazing due to the pool and the free drink at the bar bringing everyone together at night. However, the staff at the bar were very unfriendly and the actual rooms at the hostel were very average and seemed overpriced. Would definitely recommend for a good time nevertheless !

• 17th Jan 2016

Sunflower was the dirtiest hostel I've stayed in during my time in Vietnam. There was mould on the walls (touching distance from my head!), our room was so damp that even our hung up towels were still wet from the previous day's shower. We handed in washing approx 10am. They told us it would be ready by that evening so we returned later only to be given back our dirty washing that had not been washed. We weren't very impressed with our stay, and I won't be recommending Sunflower Hotel to others.

• 17th Jan 2016

When we were checking out, the cleaners came into our dorm room and started to strip the beds, changed the bottom sheet, but just folded the blanket back up for the next person. Not sure when they wash them, but definitely weren't getting washed after we left for the next people staying. Could of cleaned the bins each day but ours were over flowing from the last people staying. Good location, and good pool. Needs a bit of a re vamp

• 15th Jan 2016

Loved this hostel so much I went back twice. Staff were fun and good to banter with, the rooms were clean and there was a good atmosphere in the bar/pool area. The breakfast was excellent (although get there early if you want pancakes left!) the downside is the walk to the old town where the night life is but they do offer a free shuttle up until 8. My bed was also VERY squeaky but that's easily fixed. Highly recommend and will return again.

Pretty avergage hostel, but not the cleanest. Pool is nice, breakfast is ok. I was in the dorm when the cleaningladies came in the room to 'clean' the bed, but they only changed the cover sheet. Not the blanket or pillow covers!! Bad wifi connection in the rooms

I ENJOYED MY STAY HERE, CLOSE TO EVERYTHING, REASONABLE PRICES AND AMAZING BUFFET BREAKFAST. DEFINATLEY FOR THE YOUNGER, PARTYING BACKPACKERS ;)

Altogether on my trip I've stayed at this hostel for about three weeks. I love the place. It is a proper party hostel, if that's not what you're looking for you will hateeee it. It's not far to walk into town and there's a shuttle as well. It's about 100,000 to get to the good beach (An Bang) You will have a great time at this hostel and meet amazing people

staff very helpful. good breakfast .

Amazing hostel, great backpacker community. Top 5 hostels we stayed at whilst in Vietnam for a month. However, they dug up a huge hole in reception where we course see (and yes very much so smell) huge piles of human shit..... Lasted about 2 days. Other than that, kick ass hostel. Stay here and you will not be disappointed. Even if you have to deal with the shit. Because it was still so good that even smelling shit 24/7 didn't make us change hostels. That should say something I guess?

Had a great stay here. The receptionists could be a little friendlier as they were distant, often distracted and weren't very interested or helpful. They did get everything i needed booked and they all worked out well but for recommendations and travel tips it was useless to ask. Rooms were great, breakfast was OUTSTANDING!! The pool and outdoor area is wonderful as well. Super clean, bed sheets were actually changed when people left ...gotta love hostels. Overall it's a good place to stay.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7