Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

The hostel was good, with a nice pool and bar. They had a good location and the bikes you could rent were cheap, plus they had maps to help you get around. Some of the staff were rude and didn't seem helpful and our room didn't get cleaned properly in the 4 nights we were there. The breakfast included was great, wish they stayed open till 11 though! The other food we order wasn't so good, we ordered pizza and then pasta and were very disappointed. Good but not great for $8 a night!

Real party hostel. Had some bad nights because of drunk roommates, puking in the room. But the breakfast is awesome, the beds are clean, staff is friendly and let you change rooms if u want to.. Good restaurant options. Wifi isn't very good. But overall a pleasant stay!

This is a really clean and popular hostel in Hoi An. The staff are helpful and I found it to be well organised and always clean. However, it is more of a hotel/hostel so there isn't a common room/tv room, although the pool area and bar make up for it. The breakfast is good, just make sure that you get there before 930. However it is a little further out of the city centre and the hostel doesn't provide free bikes like other places which is a bit of a let down.

We arrived at the property and it was crawling with youngsters. This is obviously the place to be if you are a gap year student but wasn't for us - a couple in our mid twenties. We waited an hour to be shown to our room but decided in this time we would prefer a quieter hotel. Rating based purely on the fact we wanted a quieter place

Great hostel, nice pool with deck chairs (could do with more of these). Staff werent great although free pick up service from the bus stop so cant complain much.

Dirty sheets, dirty bathroom, very loud people and not a friendly welcome.

A fun party hostel. Not sure about the laundry tho, it felt like they just got it wet and refilled it, still felt dirty. And it's half price across the street. Other than that, it was lovely!

Wow, this hostel has everything. From some angles it looks like a Caribbean resort. The breakfast is included and unparalleled. I think the people complaining about the staff in other reviews may not necessarily understand the cultural differences between the Vietnamese and most Western cultures. Yes, they can be loud and a bit abrupt but it is just the way of talking and they were super helpful especially when I had a transportation emergency. Would definitely stay again.

If you want a party hostel full of wet behind the ears travellers this is the place for you. It felt like the malia/Zante/kavos of hoi an. The location means you need a bike to get to town/the beach. The rooms were good and the staff were excellent - I did see them get angry, but then the way they were being talked by some of the guests they were more than entitled to get angry

Average hostel for the price you pay. Not a great location would rather have stayed closer to town where the hostels are cheaper and nicer. Bathroom in the dorm room is not very clean but the showers and toilets downstairs are cleaner. Dorm doesnt get cleaned either so the floor is quite dirty. Not enough plug sockets in the room either. Staff are not very friendly and rude at times. The bar area and breakfast are quite good.

Two groups were really loud, noisy and disrespectful against other people and staff. I wished the hostel would have done something against it. Anyway beside this it would have been a good place. Good breakfast.

Liked: breakfast. Not sure if it was worth it though. Line got super long at 9 and ran out of some food. We always went at 730 or 8am Had lockers Had bikes to rent outside for $1-wish it was free considering it's a 20 min walk to old town Disliked: Laundry service sucked Dirty bathrooms and rooms Didn't have a towel for us for a few days Some staff were very rude

I don't really understand why this hostel has such good ratings. I stayed in a 6 bed dorm for 3 nights. The room was small and the bathroom was only cleaned once during my stay. Breakfast was okay, but not amazing. The location is not that good, it's a good walk from the Old Town. I preferred renting a bicycle. Pool was nice though. As for the staff at the hostel, it varied from okay to very rude, depending on whom I was speaking to. I'm pretty sure you can get better value for your money.

Quite ok, but heard some bad stories about it. But there aren't many other hostels in hoi an so far, so it's ok.

staff was okay. 20 min walking distance or 5 min by bike to Old Town. Pool bar with cheap beers. huge breakfast buffet. Quite a good hostel, would definitely go there again.

A fine place as long as you can hack the 20 minute walk into town. Bikes available to rent right outside and the pool is nice and buzzy. Not many plugs or lamps which was a bit annoying. Staff were generally helpful although not the friendliest. The breakfast was great.

Breakfast was excellent, pool was a great addition but I've never stayed in a hostel where the staff are so incredibly rude and act as though you're just a nuisance, even when you just ask for your towel which you've been promised by the hotel on hostelworld. Also don't trust the pick up service - if your night bus is a tad late they wont contact the bus company they'll just not pick you up. Great potential but a massive shame they don't bother teaching the staff basic manners.

I found the staff to be lovely and helpful, no mold in my room - decent room, clean, comfy bed, the buffet was amazing! Really social atmosphere. Just far from the main town

This hostel had a good bar and pool. The beds were very average, you won't get your own power point. Bathrooms were nice a big. A cheap bike/scooter hire place is right next door ($1US for a push bike for 1 day hire.) My experience was tainted at sunflower due to food poisoning at the breakfast buffet and also by the hostel over charging me two extra nights due to an over booking error which I had emailed to rectify three days in advance. Both staff and management were uncompromising and rude.

If you book to stay here, don't expect to be in the room you've ordered as there are so many mistakes with room changes. We booked a family bed and were told there were no family beds! But the breakfast was epic!!!!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7