Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Stayed at sunflower for a total of 3 nights. A lovely place with the BEST breakfast buffet in Vietnam. Staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean and super nice (we had a private room for 2 dollars more than a dorm) and the pool was a life saver! I really recommend this place if you're going to Hoi An!

Very good hostel with helpful staff, great location, great facilities including nice pool! Bar and pool table!

The staff were awful. I had a few occasions where they basically ignored me when I had an enquiry and saw the same with other people. I also notice a few people had trouble with double bookings. The buffet breakfast was unusual and neither good or bad. The room was not cleaned properly and there was a major lack of plug sockets. However there was hot water and air conditioning and the bar a pool area was ok. You get what you pay for although the staff ruin it.

The best thing about this hostel is the breakfast buffet. It is also a good distance between both Old Town/River, and Cua Dai beach. Bike hire makes it easy to get to the beach, but it isn't really within walking distance. On arrival staff were not welcoming at all, and were not helpful or informative at check in, but they became nicer as my stay progressed. It is a good place to stay if you like a party vibe - not necessarily for relaxing. Not super clean either.

Some of the staff were very helpful, some were extremely rude. The breakfast was awesome and the dorm room was clean. Absolutely DO NOT book your onward bus from the front desk. I was lazy and got told I'd be on a nice bus. I paid way too much for the crappiest bus I've ever been on! There are plenty of tour offices nearby that you can use.

Great atmosphere. Pool out back and bar, people sit around and play drinking games. Rooms slightly hot and staff were not very helpful. But this is "the place" to stay in Hoi An, overall, worth it! Met great people here. Not too loud at night which is great as well

• 22nd Feb 2015

Breakfast buffet is great. Walking distance to old town, and not far from the beach. Some staff were helpful, restaurant/bar staff were not. Clean simple rooms, would stay again.

Lovely place to stay, friendly staff with great English. Spacious room, well furnished and clean! Only downfall is it's slightly outside the city, but nothing a 50,000 dong taxi can't fix.

• 22nd Feb 2015

Sunflower was recommended to me by many people so i decided to book there, however, my experience was not as nice as i had hoped. The staff at the reception was the rudest i have ever seen, screamed at customers for no reason and didn't make much time to help guests. The hostel itself was very nice, big rooms and bathrooms, noisy at night as the swimming pool area becomes a big party place. Swimming pool was nice but quite dirty. Breakfast however was the best i have got!

It seems like a hotel that was transformed into a hostel. Excellent facilities, the breakfast is a feast and unlimited. Is not the most social place as the common areas are huge and people tend to scatter a bit. Close enough to the city center. Clean, comfortable beds and toilets. The shower lacks pressure though, but it seems to be a problem all over SEA

A nice hostel with a pool, amazing buffet breakfast and cheap bicycle and motorbike rentals. On arrival staff weren't overly helpful but by check out their mood seemed to have improved. Extra food wasn't great and the vibe in the hostel east the best. If I had gone alone I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed it as much. Everyone still comes to the hostel to hangout so there are lots of people around. We hired bikes from here which were super cheap and our highlight of Hoi An.

I was in two minds about booking here as reviews wernt that good but had lots of back packers recommend it! The free buffet is great 6-10 pancakes eggs toast noodles cereal fruit juices tea coffee--no jam :( socialising us great here day and night. Bar menu good. Rooms were standard not amazing not bad. Good 20 min walk from the old town markets and why not bar. Staff were so rude on arrival as so many people but were nice on check out?? Maybe because they were both pregnant..? 6/10 for here!

The staff is amazing. I've a great time there. The breakfast is superb. And If you are lucky your roomies could be the funniest people you'll ever met.

noisy room, please fix the fan!!

Found staff helpful but rude and abrupt !! Breakfast was good but food from the resturant was awful !! Clean hostel and to be fair you get what you pay for.

Great place to stay in hoi an. One of the best included breakfasts weve had so far. Walking distance to lots of good food and sights. More active social scene at night than most.

Good pool, staff were accommodating and friendly. We arrived in the morning on the overnight bus and were able to use the showers and washrooms prior to checking in. The free breakfast buffet is great and there were loads of other backpackers around. Slight downside is that it takes about 20mins walking to get to town.

The staff of this hostel is colder than ice. They don't care about you at all, are not helpful and are even extremely rude. At 9 am when people were all still sleeping in my room, they just turned on the lights and started cleaning the room. When I asked them if they knew where to buy an iphone charger they told me there was nothing close, when there was a electronic shop next door. Don't expect a smile or a warm welcome. Oh and the rooms are dirty and smelly, and the people (too) drunk.

They assigned us a room and then changed it an hour later. The bathrooms are in bad shape. The hostel seemed conpletely booked and the staff overwhelmed. Good breakfast though.

The rooms are clean, the outdoor seating and pool are great, as is breakfast. However the front desk was under staffed. We were trying to book buses and it took forever since the person at the front desk was so busy checking in other guests and then when she was finally available it turned out she couldn't even help us and we had to wait 5min (more like 20 min) until the man came back.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7