Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Staff were a bit rude at times. Pool and bar area is great.

• 26th Jul 2015

I've been to a lot of hostels/budget hotels whilst travelling and this one was recommended to us. However, this one failed to please! The staff were very rude when we arrived and during our three nights. The room we stayed in didn't have a safe and our air conditioning didn't work for the first two nights. We complained and on our third night we came back to our room with two men trying to fix it. They managed to fix it but we found out the next day someone had taken $100 U.S. Dollars.

• 23rd Jul 2015

Nice spacious rooms with good sized lockers (need your own padlock). No bed lights and lack of individual plus sockets made dorm rooms a bit more difficult. Never had hot water in the shower but not always a bad thing after a hot day. Staff were helpful but not particularly friendly. Bar and pool area is nice and plays good music until quite late.

• 22nd Jul 2015

Great location, great breakfast buffet, but staff were boarding on rude at times. They just didn't seem to care.

To be honest I was a little disappointed with this hostel. I've only heard fabulous things but I have to say I didn't love it. The beds are hard rocks (good pillow and duvet though), A/c doesn't really work, our room didn't have a fan, no hot water and the towels were dirty. However, the buffet breakfast was AMAZING and so was the pool. Garden bar had a great atmosphere and the bahn my lady outside was delicious. Don't not stay here, just don't have crazy high expectations.

Everyone stays here, Which makes it great. Really social, decent beds, and good food which is cheap. Happy hour doesn't stop, which is amazing. About 1km from the centre of town, but worth staying here

Staff at reception where ok, but all other staff so rude. Breakfast was good and you had lots of options to pick from. Pool was full bugs, but does get cleaned but they need to get a met to scoop out the dead bugs. Good offers on there drinks and brilliant atmosphere. I was laid in bed one morning and the cleaners only changed the under sheet and pillow case, the duvet doesn't get changed which I thought was shocking.

Average hostel. Rude bar and waiting staff. Concierge was constantly wanting to know where we were going, including telling us it was "too early" for the beach so that we would pay for a breakfast (it's never too early for the beach).

We booked this hotel as we had been told by everyone that it was the best place to stay due to having a pool and bar. Ow ever when we arrived we were very disappointed by the state of our room, which the wifi didn't work in, air con didn't work and nor did any of the sockets. When we approached the staff to ask them to fix it we were told them there was nothing they could do and we needed to get on with it, having originally planned 3 nights there we stayed for one, and went somewhere better

• 14th Jul 2015

good location, good atmosphere, party hostel

vibes are pretty good, we met a lot of cool people :) restaurant staff and food isn't overwhelming but okay. breakfast buffet is huge! surely recommend :)

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Stay here!! A great hostel/hotel with a really social pool and bar downstairs. A little way out of town but that means you are closer to the beach! Would definitely recommend this hotel, I had a great time staying here.

Own lockers in the dorms. You just need your own padlock. Saw a cockroach in the bathroom one night. Swimming pool and breakfast / resteraunt really good!

• 13th Jul 2015

Great buffet breakfast.

Whilst I did enjoy my stay at sunflower, I felt there were a few issues that mean that I wouldn't return. The main one was the way the staff talked to me- I found security guards to be very rude and reception staff did not seem to be happy to help with any questions I had. Whilst I appreciate its a stressful job to deal with so many backpackers, I wasn't made to feel as welcome as I should have been by staff.

• 10th Jul 2015

Good hostel. Great free breakfast, nice dorms, great pool with common area. I didn't had a bad experience with the staff in contrast to many other reviews

Enjoyed my time here! Rooms had good air con and were cleaned everyday. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful! Very good social atmosphere especially at night. Only negative is how rude the restaurant and bar staff were.. Food wasn't too pleasant either.

we liked the private room for 2 nights, but the dorm where we stayed for 1 night was terrible. uncomfortable beds, dirty and to small for 8 people. Also the staff was rude and they organisation was chaotic. They forget our pick-up and we waited more then 40 minuts for the pendel bus but the garden was very Nice to meet new people at the bar every evening and the pool was very lovely.

Really fun hostel. Great pool to Chill by. Seems like you bump into the same people you see as you're travelling which is really nice. The breakfast is really good too. The staff however were so rude. Not helpful in the slightest and everything you asked them seemed to be a massive effort. The rooms also weren't very clean.

A bit far from the town centre. But overall very nice. Staff weren't the best, and a lack of sun loungers at the pool were a let down. Wifi was terrible in our room. The pool was a big plus, breakfast was great.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7