Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

No shower trays in all the bathrooms, resulting in a soaking wet room, nowhere comfy to relax, but good fun in the bar. Too expensive in comparison to other options close by and some of the rooms are like dungeons, we did move rooms and it was much better.

• 27th Mar 2015

This place is great if you want to party, but only because it's full of other like-minded travellers. I didn't find the staff or hostel contributed to the fun I had at all, very few events or promotions run by the hostel, but plenty of people to make your own fun with.

Big party hostel with secure rooms and a big buffet breakfast. It's only about a 20 min walk away from the old town and there are several really nice restaurants nearby. The main downsides here were the unfriendly staff and appalling laundry service but otherwise absolutely worth staying here.

Amazing breakfast and lovely pool/bar area. During my stay I found the staff very helpful especially when my friend needed to go to hospital! Only annoyance was my bunk bed was so rickety and made so much noise. Would stay again.

The hostel was good, with a nice pool and bar. They had a good location and the bikes you could rent were cheap, plus they had maps to help you get around. Some of the staff were rude and didn't seem helpful and our room didn't get cleaned properly in the 4 nights we were there. The breakfast included was great, wish they stayed open till 11 though! The other food we order wasn't so good, we ordered pizza and then pasta and were very disappointed. Good but not great for $8 a night!

Bed sheets hadn't been cleaned. When confronting reception they where apologetic and said they would do it right away. When I returned it still hasn't been done and there where no staff available apart from a non English speaking security guard.

Real party hostel. Had some bad nights because of drunk roommates, puking in the room. But the breakfast is awesome, the beds are clean, staff is friendly and let you change rooms if u want to.. Good restaurant options. Wifi isn't very good. But overall a pleasant stay!

This is a really clean and popular hostel in Hoi An. The staff are helpful and I found it to be well organised and always clean. However, it is more of a hotel/hostel so there isn't a common room/tv room, although the pool area and bar make up for it. The breakfast is good, just make sure that you get there before 930. However it is a little further out of the city centre and the hostel doesn't provide free bikes like other places which is a bit of a let down.

Due to the lack of hostels in Hoi An, many travellers stay here creating a fairly sociable atmosphere. However, it is quite far from the main town centre and has the feel of an all inclusive resort as opposed to a hostel.

If you like to stay in a party-hostel and don't care about cleanliness - stay there. Party by the pool and breakfast is good. At the end of our long journey we preferred a more silent and comfortable place. So we moved to another hotel.

I didn't like it. I made a reservation for a 6bed dorm, I got a 8bed dorm, but that wasn't the biggest issue. The rooms are old, bedsheets were dirty, my pillow was moldy, I got the feeling that they don't clean the floors. The bathroom is dirty and moldy. The room only had 1 power point. Wifi is good. The common area is ok, pool is nice. A lot of groups go to this place. The reception staff is nice and the cleaning ladies greet you, but the barstaff is really unfriendly. Would not stay again.

Stayed in a triple, was cleaned daily and high ceilings with great AC. Good value! The breakfast and pool make it worth it even though it's about a 20minute walk to the little town

We arrived at the property and it was crawling with youngsters. This is obviously the place to be if you are a gap year student but wasn't for us - a couple in our mid twenties. We waited an hour to be shown to our room but decided in this time we would prefer a quieter hotel. Rating based purely on the fact we wanted a quieter place

Great hostel, nice pool with deck chairs (could do with more of these). Staff werent great although free pick up service from the bus stop so cant complain much.

Dirty sheets, dirty bathroom, very loud people and not a friendly welcome.

A fun party hostel. Not sure about the laundry tho, it felt like they just got it wet and refilled it, still felt dirty. And it's half price across the street. Other than that, it was lovely!

Wow, this hostel has everything. From some angles it looks like a Caribbean resort. The breakfast is included and unparalleled. I think the people complaining about the staff in other reviews may not necessarily understand the cultural differences between the Vietnamese and most Western cultures. Yes, they can be loud and a bit abrupt but it is just the way of talking and they were super helpful especially when I had a transportation emergency. Would definitely stay again.

If you want a party hostel full of wet behind the ears travellers this is the place for you. It felt like the malia/Zante/kavos of hoi an. The location means you need a bike to get to town/the beach. The rooms were good and the staff were excellent - I did see them get angry, but then the way they were being talked by some of the guests they were more than entitled to get angry

Average hostel for the price you pay. Not a great location would rather have stayed closer to town where the hostels are cheaper and nicer. Bathroom in the dorm room is not very clean but the showers and toilets downstairs are cleaner. Dorm doesnt get cleaned either so the floor is quite dirty. Not enough plug sockets in the room either. Staff are not very friendly and rude at times. The bar area and breakfast are quite good.

Two groups were really loud, noisy and disrespectful against other people and staff. I wished the hostel would have done something against it. Anyway beside this it would have been a good place. Good breakfast.