Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

This hostel is perfect for backpackers. We heard about it from everyone we met and I'm so glad we stayed here. You meet so many people and everyone hangs out by the pool by day or the bar by night before heading out. Perfect for meeting people, being on a low budget and the free breakfast buffet is amazing! Definitely recommend staying here. The staff aren't that friendly but it doesn't really affect you because of the atmosphere.

Friendly, helpful staff. bed bugs

• 4th Aug 2014

Good location in between the beaches and downtown. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room was ok unless a little bit old but the value was good for the price we paid. The restaurant was excellent, I liked their Thai food specialities. Breakfast was also very fair and perfect for starting the day. Atmosphere was also great, lots of backpackers. It was very busy when we stayed there so check availability in advance! There is also a pool and a bar.

Great breakfast, pretty nice pool, nice rooms and excellent air con. Beds weren't changed in the 6 days we were there. Staff were pretty unfriendly but it didn't affect our stay. Think we were unfortunate in that the crowd who were there at the same time as us weren't particularly pleasant. Luckily there were enough nice people for it not to matter too much

As a room it is pretty basic and low budget with a bit of damp/mold and tired decor. But you don't stay here for that, the Sunflower is a great place to meet people, either in the pool or at the bar/pool table. The breakfast is also the best we had in Vietnam, just get there early enough for the pancakes! It is easy to hire bicycles outside which are perfect for exploring the town or the beach. Such a fantastic place to hang out.

Good place to meet other travellers and excellent free breakfast. Good location between the centre of town and the beach. Bit expensive.

The staff wasn't as unfriendly as experienced by others. I would rather say that they are sometimes not as welcoming and interested in the tourists as it can be usually experienced in Vietnam. I blame itmainly on the guests type: 18-26 yrs Lloyd and partying all day (which I enjoyed a lot). The pool is a good place to meet the guests

This hostel was great to make friends and meet new people! However, the rooms were never swept and bed sheets often had stains. Towels were awful - stained and in short supply. When I first arrived I asked for a towel and they tried to give me a dirty one because there were none clean! Gross! Pool was decent, drinks were cheap, and its honestly the best place to go for a party. All in all its a good time, especially if you're too drunk of hung over to notice its barely clean.

Really liked this place, good to meet people and have pre drinks. Pool is nice! Read some things about rude staff but i expirienced it good! They even gave me free water bottles when i left on my motorbike!! But the walk to the bars is quite far... Rooms are clean, sheets are awesome :)

• 23rd Jul 2014

Because of a misunderstanding I got in the wrong room. Even if I had the key of another dorm, I could easily get into the room. This means the keys of the rooms are not needed, the doors can not be locked. In the morning staff coming in the room a few times without a reason and even without asking permission or being sorry for disturbing.

Good place for meeting other travellers (mostly Irish and English) and partying, great breakfast, nice pool area but small, beds fill up quickly in the morning!

If your okay with a little bit of grim, it's not so bad. Rooms are not cleaned just toilet paper changed and garbages emptied. The bathroom has prolly never been cleaned. The only saving grace is the pool, which in the end didn't pursuade me to stay. Booked for four days and switched elsewhere after 2. Despite giving proper notice they still held my deposit. There was also a large group of 30 French high school students (15 years old). Not good for the atmosphere

Staff weren't that helpful, on check in I was given my key and then ignored. On returning to the front desk, they had sold out of locks for lockers some of which were broken and towels were not available, showers were cold and the room had remnants of backpackers who had long checked out. Nice vibe around the pool but if you're not a big partier there's better places to stay for less in Hoi An.

• 16th Jul 2014

Anyone would be able to walk in and most times our dormitory room was left unlocked (not the fault of the hotel I realise). Staff were friendly and helpful in booking a flight the day before we wanted one. Saw a rat running around the pool area one night when we were having dinner which made us wonder about the cleanliness of the place.

Good if you want to go out all the time and be surrounded by 18 year olds on their gaps years. Bathroom was dirty and water didn't drain at all, pool was murkey. Breakfast was only redeeming feature.

Really lovely place, easy to meet other travelers. The pool is fantastic!

Busy place in hoi an, great reception area and people behind the desk are really helpful. Pool area and bar area are busy all day and get really busy at 8pm. Food is great, try the fried mozeralla, you will not regret it. Room was big and bathroom too, only thing the bath looks like its never been bleeched..yuk! Can see why people label it a party hostel, theres plenty of places for a drink nearby. Rent a bike and explore. Perfect stay for 4 nights.

where to begin, booked a 6bed dorm and recieved an 8 bed dorm (this happened to everyone and staff didnt care once questioned), super squeaky bunk beds, sheets unchanged between guests, pointless key card system for electrics that woke everyone up on late arrivals as it turns on all bright lights! Rude staff all round, atmosphere to be desired. overall a huge let down after hearing the hype.

Make sure you bring a padlock

Ignoring the rude staff, this place was great! Equidistant from the beach and the old town, it's the perfect place to slow down, have a cocktail, get some clothes made and eat Bahn Mi! Breakfast buffet was laughable but hey, when in Vietnam! Would defo stay again!