Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Whilst I did enjoy my stay at sunflower, I felt there were a few issues that mean that I wouldn't return. The main one was the way the staff talked to me- I found security guards to be very rude and reception staff did not seem to be happy to help with any questions I had. Whilst I appreciate its a stressful job to deal with so many backpackers, I wasn't made to feel as welcome as I should have been by staff.

• 10th Jul 2015

Good hostel. Great free breakfast, nice dorms, great pool with common area. I didn't had a bad experience with the staff in contrast to many other reviews

Enjoyed my time here! Rooms had good air con and were cleaned everyday. Reception staff were very friendly and helpful! Very good social atmosphere especially at night. Only negative is how rude the restaurant and bar staff were.. Food wasn't too pleasant either.

we liked the private room for 2 nights, but the dorm where we stayed for 1 night was terrible. uncomfortable beds, dirty and to small for 8 people. Also the staff was rude and they organisation was chaotic. They forget our pick-up and we waited more then 40 minuts for the pendel bus but the garden was very Nice to meet new people at the bar every evening and the pool was very lovely.

Really fun hostel. Great pool to Chill by. Seems like you bump into the same people you see as you're travelling which is really nice. The breakfast is really good too. The staff however were so rude. Not helpful in the slightest and everything you asked them seemed to be a massive effort. The rooms also weren't very clean.

A bit far from the town centre. But overall very nice. Staff weren't the best, and a lack of sun loungers at the pool were a let down. Wifi was terrible in our room. The pool was a big plus, breakfast was great.

My experience at Sunflower was good but mainly for the people that I met there, I was very worried having read previous reviews especially about the staff. The receptionists were lovely and very helpful but the bar staff (one stone-faced) woman in particular were pushy and just plain rude. The AC was poor at best, and I heard a lot better stores from people who stayed else where.

Lovely time here, very welcoming friendly staff. Only problem is they're so popular we couldn't book a second night and were shipped up to their 'sister' hotel which was lacking in atmosphere, but we returned for our 3rd and 4th nights. Walking 25 minutes to town was a bit of a pain, but the hotel is great, ended up chillin by the pool a lot of the time!

• 3rd Jul 2015

Sunflower was mint. Would party like a retard in the pool again

Really good for meeting fellow backpackers

• 1st Jul 2015

Definitely stay here! rooms aren't the most spacious and bathrooms aren't the cleanest for what you are paying, you are really paying for the great social areas. The pool is great which is always busy with people socialising a playing games and the bar area which is right next to the pool always has people around. It's great in the evening too with everyone drinking and playing pool and talking. Such a good hostel for meeting people and having a good time! Also do free shuttles to town

Great place to stay and socialise. Staff aren't super helpful. 20 min walks to town. Pool/bar area is a blessing

Great hostel and great atmosphere. The only thing I would say is it's located about 20/25 minute walk way from the town, which can be tedious. They have bike rentals just outside though for you to get about. The staff aren't very helpful, and the women in the restaurant aren't very pleasant. Apart from that it's a lovely hostel.

Good hostel, with a really cool bar area with swimming pool and snooker table. Good food and good resturants and convenience shops close by. Staff good, abit short and snappy but okay. Easy to hire bikes or bicycles right outside front door. Would stay again for sure

The staff and there open breakfast buffet is amazing. The only thing I can point on this hotel was that the beds were not supplied with power outlets and a lamp. Thats it.

Atmosphere is great, every night in the bar area you will get upwards of 20 people drinking, chatting and the occasional drinking game. Free pool (though the table isn't amazing it is definitely playable) good table football table and a swimming pool. It is 30 minutes cycle from the beach or a 90000 dong taxi, a ten minute walk to the Why Not bar which is a dive of a place but reasonable and it gets busy. Rooms are decent, breakfast is plentiful but unexciting. Don't motortaxi, criminals mostly

Decent hotel in a good location. Near to the old town and to the beach. Bar area is good and gets pretty busy every night. Wifi was good, although didnt work too well in the rooms. Pool area was nice but gets the shade early (from 2pm onwards). Was mostly a young crowd here - everyone we met seemed to be under 21.

Food in garden bar was really bad. Some staff were a little rude.

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Mexico

Staff are pretty unhelpful and there isn't a proper baggage storage. The breakfast was awesome though

Best breakfast ever, best hostel absolutely loved it!! couldn't reccomend more