Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Definitely a massive party hostel, people up all night in the dorms drinking and yelling.

I did not find the staff overly friendly, they were very rushed and didn't explain things well. The bathrooms in the dorms need more attention.

This is a great hostel for meeting other travellers! It's got everything you need and is close to the centre of town in Hoi An. Great value for money :) would definitely return.

• 15th Dec 2014
  • New Zealand

Definitely the place to stay if you're looking to meet other backpackers and party a lot.

Fun hostel to stay in, definitely for the younger crowd. People party till the late hours in the pool area which has a bar and lot of seating. Great place to meet other travelers. Rooms are clean, I had my own. Lots of restaurants within a minute walk and one inside the hostel as well. Breakfast is free with a good selection of food. Easy to get to the beach and the old city/ market from the hostel via bike or moped.

This is the go to backpackers place in Hoi An, and you can see why. There is a decent buffet breakfast (get there before 9.30am if you want pancakes), a cheap bar and a pool, however the rooms are pretty basic and not very clean! It is a small walk to the old town, which is where you should go to eat and drink. Good people, nice staff.... Can't complain!

Sunflower is the best place to stay in Hoi An, the atmosphere is great and it's by far the most popular hostel in Hoi An for Backpackers. It includes a pool, which is surprisingly nice, and also has an outdoor bar area with cheap beer. The breakfast that is included is pretty much exactly what you need the next day when you're hungover from Infinity and Why Not Bar. The bathrooms get really wet, that's my only complaint about the place, but that's inevitable.

This is a party hostel. bedding and rooms are scruffy. If you want to party for a few nights and not too fussed on the cleanliness then this is the place for you. The bar and pool make it a great atmosphere... but the rooms are rotten!

Overall the hostel was good. Didn't really feel connected to the staff though. The pool and poolside restaurant was cool. One night, one of the staff let a drunk girl into our room that didn't stay there so maybe the staff could be a bit more aware of who's rooms who.

Really rude staff

Good party hostel with a nice restaurant, bar and pool. Hourly shuttles into town (although it is walkable). AMAZING BUFFET BREAKFAST.

I stupidly put my shorts in the wash which had my bank card and money in them. When my washing was returned there was no money or card. The staff went out their way to help and they managed to retrieve the bank card and send it to my room so happy with the service of the staff for that! Overall good value hotel. Easy to meet people and the pool is a bonus!

Good hostel but terrible wifi. Staff were helpful.

nice social hostel

Good hostel for socializing with the pool and bar area. Comfortable beds and good bathrooms. Have to bring your own lock though. A little way out of the ancient town but not a bad 15 minute walk and super cheap bicycle rental, $1 for the whole day. Breakfast buffet is delicious and plentiful. Staff vere nice and helpful with booking tours and busses. The main downside is the floor in the room does not seem to be cleaned everyday so I got a lot of sand in my bed.

This was an party hostel full of drunk English people. The beds are good but the place is so big that it did not feel like a nice place to stay. There are much better places in Hoi An.

The owner was very friendly and the shuttle was very accommodating.

I really enjoyed my time here other than my friend and I having $30 each stolen from our bags in our twin private room. We even went through the effort to check the CCTV and found that it almost 100% was housekeeping. After multiple meetings with the so-called management, we finally we given $10 refund each for the hassle. Put a complete dampener on what could have been a lovely stay. Other than that, bar is lively and it is the best place to stay to meet people

Loud and noisy. Drunken Teenagers everywhere. Sleeping almost impossible because of said Teens and the bar playing loud music.

• 30th Nov 2014

We booked for three nights but only stayed one - our room wasn't made up when we arrived and the walls and floor were soaking wet and it generally felt unclean and uncomfortable. However the staff were friendly and didn't charge us for the two nights we had booked for. Most backpackers do stay here we found. If you are looking for somewhere nice we found a beautiful hotel spa opposite which is only £15 a night with beautiful rooms, a lovely pool and wonderful staff.

• 29th Nov 2014