Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Its a great place to stay, the breakfast is just amazing.

• 25th Jun 2014

Great hostel with friendly staff, yes they shout but it's a joke and not to be taken seriously! The pool is great and the food and bar are all perfect. It is a party hostel and there is a lot of people drinking and having fun. If this isn't your thing the. You may not enjoy it here but I had a great stay in a well run hostel.

• 21st Jun 2014

The rooms are alright but the beds are very squeaky. I guess the best part of the hotel is the pool where you can hang with people all day long :)

The worst hostel I've been to in my life. Everywhere smelled like urin, the room, the sheets, not to mention the toillet which smelled like everything bad... even the lobby smelled like urin! Dirty sheets, dirty walls with feet marks all over, disgusting floor. Full of drunk and rude kids. This was what I found after a 24h bus ride. Only stayed for one night, than immediately changed to another hostel. Run from this place and don't look back!

• 20th Jun 2014
  • Portugal

Dare to be different and dont stay this hostel - its fun cos its sociable, but its massively overpriced and to be honest the dorms themselves are pretty rubbish and not cleaned properly at all

It is most definitely the place to stay in Hoi An... the moment you get there and meet people, the first thing anybody asks is ´Are you staying at the Sunflower??, however I found the staff serving outdoors to be very rude. I understand it was during the World Cup, so they must have a lot of drunk people to put up with, but it really did make a difference when they seemed so loathed to offer a smile.

• 14th Jun 2014

Full of drunk teenagers doing the 'brits abroad' thing. Impossible to sleep the whole time because our room was on the corridor between the entrance and the bar which people were passing through all night. Te breakfast os decent and the rooms are clean (but without lockers!?) he location is awful so far from town so you need a bike to get anywhere. We were supposed to stay 3 nights but only stayed one because we had such little sleep!!

Little bit full of stuck up English gap rahs but the breakfast was amazing and pool was cool. Probably would pick somewhere quiter next time

stay was the most awful in all of vietnam. stained towels and bedding too.

• 8th Jun 2014

Best hostel ever if you're down to party. Staff rude and steal stuff but best vibe in hoi an

Nice hostel with a swimming pool, very good value for the money especially because of the free breakfast (that you get only the day after you check in (not the 1st day where you have to pay 3 dollars... Just saying...) The staff is not that nice but not rude either, plenty of people there but definitely more for the 18-20 years old than for the 25+ (just so you know what to expect)

This is a party hostel with loads of friendly people, a great bar and an amazing atmosphere. However, if you take that away, this hostel is not the best. I was shown 3 rooms before I found one without a broken bunk bed. They were "fumigating" the dorms so despite the fact I had arrived early I had to wait for even longer to get into a room. The floor in the room I was covered in sand and hair and not cleaned once whilst I was there. Bathroom was okay, again could have been cleaner.

One of my favourite hostels in SE Asia! great swimming pool, good nights out, Hoi An is just a great place! could do with more dorms rather than private rooms.

Cannot say how amazig the hostel girls were! We've travelled the world and these girls are the best hostel staff we've ever come across!! They had 2 of us sun burnt on the reception floor rubbing in fresh aloe vera plants! Amazing! Thanks girls x

We stayed in a double bed private(top floor) Was a nice and clean room with a sloping roof which we liked. The breakfast included is great although food at other times a bit iffy but lots of local restaurants to choose from. We booked the My Son ruins tour with them and it was nice to get out and see more of the countryside. Bikes can be hired anywhere for 20,000 dong and its a short ride to the beach. Swimming pool is nice and refreshing and a good place to chill.

This place is known as THE party place. It's a pretty large hotel, turned hostel. Everyone staying is young, and there's an easygoing casual atmosphere. The dorm I stayed in only had 6 beds, so I was still able to get a good sleep. Breakfast is excellent (has been said a million times already), with good variety, but really grouchy staff.

Had a lovely stay the pool and amazing breakfast was a defo plus. Great place to meet people. The restrant staff are grumpy and rude which is a shame.

The staff were awesome to me, probably because I stayed for too long hahaha!!

The hostel itself was fine, great location, good atmosphere and excellent bar and pool. One female member of staff at breakfast was incredibly rude and ignored people 3 times when asking if coffee was available or not, on the 4th request she screamed in the persons face that it wasn't. A polite no would have sufficed. The bookings seem to be done by hand, IE, no computerised system. I met people whpnhad booked 2 nights and were asked to leave on the 2nd day because hostel was full.

HUGE buffet breakfast, good location