Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

This is really a party hostel! People came home late and started throwing up in the bathroom, there was a lot of noise on the hallway due to drunken people and the light in the room was not working properly so this had to be switched on all night long. When I wanted to check out earlier than I had planned I was greeted by a very unfriendly staffmember who was not understanding in any way. Lockers in the room without locks. Only + with this hotel was the breakfast: thumbs up for good breakfast.

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Belgium

THE place to stay in Hoi An (for backpackers) as almost every other backpacker is also staying there. We stayed in a superior twin private en suite which was great value for money, there was a huge double bed and one single bed as well as a tv, mini fridge and a bath! There is an extensive free breakfast. Very sociable as there is a large area by the pool with a lot of tables and chairs. Would definitely stay here again but wouldn't recommend for a non-backpacker.

Watched the owner go off property to the bus station and find a guest that had overpaid to return the money she was owed. So incredible. Honest, and met great people there!

The hotel is clean and comfortable but it was our worst experience EVER. The staff at the reception are really nice but staff in the restaurant are not friendly at all and very rude! We (and other people as well!!) got beaten up by a taxi driver in front of the hotel and the security man just stood there, looking at it and DIDN'T do anything! Airconditioning works occasionally but not always. The breakfast is nice, it is a buffet. DO NOT GO HOME AT NIGHT ON A MOTOR BIKE!!

The place is not that clean as it could be and the dorm rooms are small, which means that there's not a lot space for the backpacks. The breakfast is awesome (for a hostel; egg, breat, asian food, pancakes, etc.) and the staff is friendly. Be prepared to stay in a party hostel which means it is very loud. And if you want to store your luggage: there's no room so all backpacks are stored in the lobby.

The pool and backyard bar make this a very easy place to meet new people. The facilities are nice and the free breakfast is decent as well. The major drawback was that pretty much everyone on the staff was cold, unsmiling and unhelpful. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay here very much!

There's a reason this is the most popular spot for punt travellers in hoi an. The best chill out social spot I've been to so far, with a bar lots of seating a swimming pool and billiard table. They let you play your own musi on YouTube so everyone can hear their stuff! Friendly helpful staff, clean rooms, great free breakfast with Asian food, omelettes and pancakes and fruit. 100%!

The dorm room was really dirty. The staff was rude when we checked in, after that they where nice. It is more a party hostel, all the people are going out after 11 pm when the bar is closeing. The breakfast is amazing, huge buffet and the food is really good. Sunflower is located out of town. Overall it was okay.

Very noisy hostel with a lot of backpackers looking to party (so very sociable) but dirty bathrooms. Some of the staff are rude but some are really helpful. Bring mozzie spray - the rooms are full of them.

Good place to stay for a night or two. Excellent breakfast, nice and clean rooms and showers. They advertised happy hour, buy one get one free cocktail but the bar was mainly closed in the evening and the only thing you could get was beer at the reception.

Not a real backpacker hostel. Breakfast is big but not really good. Bathroom and bed good. Awefull staff. Unhelpfull, rude. At night there was nobody at the reception which means passports and keys were left unattended and we took ours. We changed places after one night

Not much interaction with staff, but great pool and bar area to meet other travellers. Don't be fooled by the 'pool and garden' views as these are only available in the deluxe double rooms! Clean rooms with towels. A bit of a walk into Hoi An, but great to hire bikes from just outside. This is the place to stay when in Hoi An!

Where all the backpackers stay. Great place to meet other travellers. Inbetween the town and beach but it's an easy bike ride to both. Would definitely stay here again. I met people here that I met up with again throughout my trip.

Very good hostel, with the best breakfast buffet! The pool is great, rooms are big, with a balcony, and the bathrooms are big too, and very clean! The bad thing is the distance from the center of Hoi An, but it's between the center and the beach, so it's ok!

Great staff, good location midway between town and the beach. Great all you can eat breakfast included in the price. The only bad thingwas the kleys seemed to be the same for every room so sometimes people cam into our room by mistake.

Definitely a party atmosphere but great way to meet people. Great facilities and amazing free breakfast.

Very nice place, but staff was underwhelming. They were not overly friendly and it felt at times that they were trying to get more money out of you then they properly should be. In a hostel you want to feel safe and welcomed, we just didn't get that. The rooms are nice and atmosphere is great, though.

Sunflower is between the ancient town and beach, which is good cuz you can walk to either place, but both would take for a while. It has swimming pool and small bar, but I didnt try it. The breakfast is pretty good, the staff is nice but provide wrong info sometimes. One thing bothered me is that the wifi signal is really bad!! In total, its a nice hostel to stay in Hoi An.

Bag was stolen from my room and the staff were very unhelpful ("it happens"). All they cared about was that I paid for the call I made to my uk bank (someone stood next to me throughout the call pointing at the phone screen shouting "that's $5" very aggressivly). The security here is very poor- keys open multiple rooms and random people were forever walking in and out. On the last day I was woken at 6,30am and accused of weeing over the balcony (I'm a girl?!) and shouted at. I promptly left.

• 16th Feb 2014

The best breakfast I've had in SEA. It was completely amazing. The location was okay, with only a short walk into town and about 4km from the beach. The place was pretty clean, and there were tons of people there so it was great for meeting people. The pool was nice. My only complaint was the noise. I was in a room right in the front and every night there was someone fighting with the moto drivers late at night.