Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

This place is overrated. The wifi never works, many times there was no hot water, the staff doesn't speak much English and they don't really want to help you. We booked a tour to My Son for 130,000VND including transport and a guide but they put us on a group other hotels. The group was way too big ; about 50 people. And the bus on the was back only drops people in one spot in Hoi An, we had to take a taxi back to the hotel... Also when I got my Lundry back, I wasn't even sure they washed it!

• 4th Aug 2015

Good hostel, nice pool and bar, rooms were clean. But the staff were quite rude and location i thought was bit far out, its not safe to walk home alone as a girl or small group

Good atmosphere and lovely pool with good breakfast. The rooms are very dirty and seemed like they hadn't been properly cleaned in a while. The beds were also dirty. The air conditioning in our room did not work.

This hostel has great facilities with a lovely pool and area for drinks and socialising. The rooms felt like a prison cell and the bathroom was dirty and run down. The shower curtain was dirty, torn and the shower was faulty and didn't work half the time. Staff were not very friendly when enquiring about anything and when I booked the easy rider I was not that impressed with the service.

A bit disorganised but staff were mostly friendly and helpful, dorms are spacious and the bar/pool area is great. Brilliant free breakfast and great atmosphere. I'd stay again.

Good location! Defs the party hostel if u are trying to sleep don't sleep on the 2nd floor. The pool is very clean & nice! Also the free breakfast buffet is so yummy lots of little crepes! The staff were kinda sassy. But overall it's good! B

It's 30 minute walk into town which we thought was too far. It's dirty and the staff aren't very helpful.

Don't understand the hype. Booked this on many verbal recommendations. It's a hybrid of a party hostel come hotel. Staff were quite rude. Ordering things from the poolside bar was met with a "YOU PAY NOW" - a bit much when staying in a double room. No chance of a tab or paying for a beer at the end. Full of 'lads on tour'. Slow internet. So far out of town. 25-30min walk into where you want to be. Room 201 has a damp problem with rotten mouldy curtains. Stay elsewhere.

Location not the best but besides that has everything you need if youre looking for a buzzy place with lots of young people, and the breakfast buffet is phenomenal

• 29th Jul 2015

Pretty crappy to be honest, but good atmosphere

We booked here thinking it would be great to meet people but in truth there are too many people there to really get chatting to anyone. It is quite a walk from town and walking back at night is scary as its deserted from around 10.30pm onwards. We would say the hostel was fine but nothing more. We chose to stay another night as we loved Hoi An and were annoyed to then find when we were checking out that we had to pay more for that night as we didn't book that one online - seemed a complete rip

Rude staff. Very Bad value for money.

• 27th Jul 2015

Loved this hostel! Met so many people in Vietnam that recommended this hostel to me so I hurried and booked a room. The garden bar was super fun with a good atmosphere and the pool was refreshing and clean! THE FREE BREAKFAST so good maybe the fact that is was free is what made it so splendid but the pancakes were a dream. And reeeally good AC.

Staff were a bit rude at times. Pool and bar area is great.

• 26th Jul 2015

By far the best hostel I've stayed in so far on my trip through Vietnam, clean, friendly staff and very sociable, also great that they have a pool in the back

It is a party hostel, so it is not easy to get some sleep. I think it is kinda expensive for the facilities, yet everything in Hoi An is quiete expensive. The WiFi is kinda shitty as well. The pool is great and refreshing.

This hostel has a few positives; it's x2sociable, with a really good bar area, and dorms are a decent size. However, as mentioned in numerous reviews before me, the staff really let the place down. They're rude, unhelpful, and every single time I went to the front desk, someone was complaining. The aircon in the room didn't work, we asked for it to be fixed and they refused. This made it unbearably hot in the room & very hard to sleep. Also be aware that the wifi doesn't work in the rooms.

Staff looked like they hated life but good facilities and breakfast

I have never seen a staff less willing to help their customers and the swimming pool was quite dirty (we couldn't see the bottom).

• 23rd Jul 2015

I've been to a lot of hostels/budget hotels whilst travelling and this one was recommended to us. However, this one failed to please! The staff were very rude when we arrived and during our three nights. The room we stayed in didn't have a safe and our air conditioning didn't work for the first two nights. We complained and on our third night we came back to our room with two men trying to fix it. They managed to fix it but we found out the next day someone had taken $100 U.S. Dollars.

• 23rd Jul 2015