Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

Full of drunk teenagers doing the 'brits abroad' thing. Impossible to sleep the whole time because our room was on the corridor between the entrance and the bar which people were passing through all night. Te breakfast os decent and the rooms are clean (but without lockers!?) he location is awful so far from town so you need a bike to get anywhere. We were supposed to stay 3 nights but only stayed one because we had such little sleep!!

Little bit full of stuck up English gap rahs but the breakfast was amazing and pool was cool. Probably would pick somewhere quiter next time

stay was the most awful in all of vietnam. stained towels and bedding too.

• 8th Jun 2014

Best hostel ever if you're down to party. Staff rude and steal stuff but best vibe in hoi an

This is a party hostel with loads of friendly people, a great bar and an amazing atmosphere. However, if you take that away, this hostel is not the best. I was shown 3 rooms before I found one without a broken bunk bed. They were "fumigating" the dorms so despite the fact I had arrived early I had to wait for even longer to get into a room. The floor in the room I was covered in sand and hair and not cleaned once whilst I was there. Bathroom was okay, again could have been cleaner.

One of my favourite hostels in SE Asia! great swimming pool, good nights out, Hoi An is just a great place! could do with more dorms rather than private rooms.

Cannot say how amazig the hostel girls were! We've travelled the world and these girls are the best hostel staff we've ever come across!! They had 2 of us sun burnt on the reception floor rubbing in fresh aloe vera plants! Amazing! Thanks girls x

We stayed in a double bed private(top floor) Was a nice and clean room with a sloping roof which we liked. The breakfast included is great although food at other times a bit iffy but lots of local restaurants to choose from. We booked the My Son ruins tour with them and it was nice to get out and see more of the countryside. Bikes can be hired anywhere for 20,000 dong and its a short ride to the beach. Swimming pool is nice and refreshing and a good place to chill.

This place is known as THE party place. It's a pretty large hotel, turned hostel. Everyone staying is young, and there's an easygoing casual atmosphere. The dorm I stayed in only had 6 beds, so I was still able to get a good sleep. Breakfast is excellent (has been said a million times already), with good variety, but really grouchy staff.

Had a lovely stay the pool and amazing breakfast was a defo plus. Great place to meet people. The restrant staff are grumpy and rude which is a shame.

The staff were awesome to me, probably because I stayed for too long hahaha!!

The hostel itself was fine, great location, good atmosphere and excellent bar and pool. One female member of staff at breakfast was incredibly rude and ignored people 3 times when asking if coffee was available or not, on the 4th request she screamed in the persons face that it wasn't. A polite no would have sufficed. The bookings seem to be done by hand, IE, no computerised system. I met people whpnhad booked 2 nights and were asked to leave on the 2nd day because hostel was full.

HUGE buffet breakfast, good location

This was by far the worst hostel I stayed in during the 3 months I travelled. Upon arrival they informed me they were full so they were using their private rooms as dorms, which meant I didn't have a locker, the sheets smelled, the room was infested with mosquitoes, the ac didn't work properly and the advertised fan didn't exist. I am no stranger to party hostels and I know what I'm getting myself into if I book into one but this was just ridiculous.

It was full of drunk teenagers and very dirty. My bed was taken after I went for dinner, which wasn't very nice. It felt like it was only about getting VERY drunk and nothing else..

The Sunflower was one of my worst hostel experiences. I was given a room next to the front entrance without a locker to put my valuables into: they overbooked the hostel and had to use private rooms as dorm rooms. A bunk mate stored his valuables at the front desk but then didn't have access to them after dinner. My sheets were covered in stains and the bathroom smelt like urine. I checked out a day early because of the conditions and the staff wasn't apologetic and they still charged deposit.

This is a party hostel for 18-22 year olds. I knew this coming in but it was a complete dirty frat house from start to finish. The staff don't speak English, it's very far from the old quarter. I asked for a towel from the staff whom I saw had some behind the desk and I was given a stern looking "NO". There was a broken glass in the swimming pool so I wasn't able to swim part of the day, staff didnt care about it. I was just completely dissapointed for the amount they asked to stay there.

You can party on the patio til 11 then hit the bars- great place to meet people. From hotel, the city is about a 5-10 min bike (you can rent them outside hotel for 20,000 dong), and the beach is a 20min bike- i.e. rent bikes (btw scooters are 100,000 for the day). Must bring your own padlock for the locker.

Great hostel for those looking to meet people. 10 minute bicycle ride to the ancient town and all nearby attractions.

At $10 for a 4 bed dorm this is the most expensive place we've stayed and it was not worth the money. The staff were very unfriendly and were no help at all. When I asked where is to go to or see in Hoi Ann she just gestured to a map on the counter without saying a word and then I asked her again to point out where was to go to and she just pretended I wasn't there.Very rude. WiFi didn't work and our beds had no linen on them. Only good thing is the pool but then get there early as only 12chairs