Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

This was by far the worst hostel I stayed in during the 3 months I travelled. Upon arrival they informed me they were full so they were using their private rooms as dorms, which meant I didn't have a locker, the sheets smelled, the room was infested with mosquitoes, the ac didn't work properly and the advertised fan didn't exist. I am no stranger to party hostels and I know what I'm getting myself into if I book into one but this was just ridiculous.

It was full of drunk teenagers and very dirty. My bed was taken after I went for dinner, which wasn't very nice. It felt like it was only about getting VERY drunk and nothing else..

The Sunflower was one of my worst hostel experiences. I was given a room next to the front entrance without a locker to put my valuables into: they overbooked the hostel and had to use private rooms as dorm rooms. A bunk mate stored his valuables at the front desk but then didn't have access to them after dinner. My sheets were covered in stains and the bathroom smelt like urine. I checked out a day early because of the conditions and the staff wasn't apologetic and they still charged deposit.

This is a party hostel for 18-22 year olds. I knew this coming in but it was a complete dirty frat house from start to finish. The staff don't speak English, it's very far from the old quarter. I asked for a towel from the staff whom I saw had some behind the desk and I was given a stern looking "NO". There was a broken glass in the swimming pool so I wasn't able to swim part of the day, staff didnt care about it. I was just completely dissapointed for the amount they asked to stay there.

You can party on the patio til 11 then hit the bars- great place to meet people. From hotel, the city is about a 5-10 min bike (you can rent them outside hotel for 20,000 dong), and the beach is a 20min bike- i.e. rent bikes (btw scooters are 100,000 for the day). Must bring your own padlock for the locker.

Great hostel for those looking to meet people. 10 minute bicycle ride to the ancient town and all nearby attractions.

At $10 for a 4 bed dorm this is the most expensive place we've stayed and it was not worth the money. The staff were very unfriendly and were no help at all. When I asked where is to go to or see in Hoi Ann she just gestured to a map on the counter without saying a word and then I asked her again to point out where was to go to and she just pretended I wasn't there.Very rude. WiFi didn't work and our beds had no linen on them. Only good thing is the pool but then get there early as only 12chairs

Breakfast is amazing. Staff is rude. Bed linen were not systematically changed... But still a good place if you want to meet people.

Pros: amazing breakfast buffet, swimming pool, great place to meet travelers Cons: noisy, average location (easy walking distance to old town but the walk is boring if you're doing it 3x a day) and average value for the private room

Great spot in the middle between the beaches and town! Very clean and pleasant and a great place to meet other travellers.

Rude staff... Located between the beach and the city center... So so far away from these both places Breakfast is ok because there is a lot to eat but if the staff could smile instead of looking upset it would be better The swimming pool is ok

Very sociable place with a good cool pool and very nice breakfast! I would recommend this place to backpackers wanting to meet people and party on the evenings!

Just "the place to be" - every backpacker gathers here together. A plus or a downside. Basically just a party hostel, if you're going with a group wonderful if you're a solo traveler hope that there is a solo traveler on your dorm. Breakfast is amazing.

Definitely a party hostel - which was great for the first 3 days I was there and exhausting after that! The best breakfast I have ever had in a hostel too. A bit far out of the town (15 minute walk) which is brutal in 40 degree heat but they offer a free shuttle bus every hour.

Booked for 3 nights and ended staying 7! The sunflower is definitely the place to go in hoi an (Vietnam) to party!! It was great for a solo traveller - extremely easy to meet people. Great value and I found the staff reasonably helpful.

Fantastic hostel, great atmosphere, lovely pool, very helpful, friendly staff.

The other reviews about it being a party hostel and Brits abroad is spot on, but it is a good location between town and the beach and a fun place to stay if you're looking for that type of party atmosphere. I was annoyed the staff were not very helpful and made us pay for two Snickers we didn't eat. I gave them an excellent rating on the facilities because of the pool and buffet breakfast, but make sure you get to the buffet early or everything will be picked over.

Best breakfast ever had. After travelling for a few weeks, I couldnt believe what I saw when I walked into the breakfast buffet room! The pancakes are best when fresh made early in the morning - don't miss it!

THE hostel in Hoi An. With a great pool, a bar and a big number of dorms, it's the perfect backpacker place. Very easy to meet people and to relax/party depending on your mood ;) the location is not perfect, but you can rent a bike or walk around (20min walking form the city center, 15 min from the nightife area).

Great stay at Sunflower, fantastic social atmosphere and pool is a bonus. Breakfast is amazing!