Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

The owner was very friendly and the shuttle was very accommodating.

I really enjoyed my time here other than my friend and I having $30 each stolen from our bags in our twin private room. We even went through the effort to check the CCTV and found that it almost 100% was housekeeping. After multiple meetings with the so-called management, we finally we given $10 refund each for the hassle. Put a complete dampener on what could have been a lovely stay. Other than that, bar is lively and it is the best place to stay to meet people

Loud and noisy. Drunken Teenagers everywhere. Sleeping almost impossible because of said Teens and the bar playing loud music.

• 30th Nov 2014

We booked for three nights but only stayed one - our room wasn't made up when we arrived and the walls and floor were soaking wet and it generally felt unclean and uncomfortable. However the staff were friendly and didn't charge us for the two nights we had booked for. Most backpackers do stay here we found. If you are looking for somewhere nice we found a beautiful hotel spa opposite which is only £15 a night with beautiful rooms, a lovely pool and wonderful staff.

• 29th Nov 2014

The staff are very helpful, and there's certainly some characters amongst them. The cleaners are pretty on top of things, plus there's a good atmosphere at the place because its where all the backpackers go!

Great hostel but the service there was terrible! I was really shocked to find a hostel with so many backpackers in that had terrible staff. A lot of other travellers experienced bad service and very rude staff. It's a real shame as the rest of it was great. The receptionists were fine but the waiters/waitresses were extremely rude for no apparent reason - shame!

It's in a good location between the beach and the town. Bikes are cheap to rent. It's a hostel for party backpackers,

Before staying here I'd heard some mixed reviews...personally if you actually look into a place before staying then you know what you're going to get. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful...the breakfast staff not so much. Rooms were cleaned every day as well as the rest of the hotel. Yes it is mainly for people wanting a few drinks etc...however I didn't find it disturbing at all. Everyone there was welcoming and we met some lovely people. Will recommend to others

Great atmosphere at the bar in the evening and the buffet breakfast was the best we've had yet in a hostel. Walking distance to the old town and markets etc. Went to another hostel for one night and wanted to go back!

I arrived around 6pm to a room that was not clean and the bed was not made up. This place was extremely unorganized. I wasn't able to figure out which bed was mine. When I came back down to the front desk to ask them to make my bed up and clarify where I was supposed to be, the staff seemed unwilling to help and it was like pulling teeth to get them to make the bed. When somebody finally came, they did not leave me with a blanket to fill the duvet cover. To, I slept with no blanket.

Very good hotel, with very good ambience. When booking at the reception pay atention and compare prices because you will pay more in comparison of booking in street, and careful when paying bills at restaurant and check-out, for 2 times they tried to charge me more than i should pay.

Nice breakfast, clean but staff unfriendly.

No security problems for us but someone else had the cleaner steal money from his room (she was caught and gave most of it back).

Sunflower is a great hostel, that feels more like a hotel. Don't be put off by the out of town location, as to walk into the centre took around 10-15 mins, or a taxi only costs around £1-£1.50. The facilities are brilliant, including an outdoor pool/bar area and the buffet breakfast is great! Some of the reception staff weren't particulary friendly, but in the main, pretty good. If you're looking to have clothes made in Hoi An, head to a shop called Peace.

Nice bar and pool area, good buffet breakfast. About 15 minute walk to the centre of the Old Town.

Great place, great staff, Nice pool with bar and pool table. Rooms are good.

The hostel did not really deliver from what we had heard. The staff were at times rude and not particularly helpful. They arranged a taxi much earlier than we required so it was convenient for another transfer, forgot to provide us with our train ticket after organising it prior to us leaving (requiring them to send it in a taxi) and didn't ensure the cooking class had everyone when they came around for pick up (even though we were sitting in the lobby waiting).

• 10th Nov 2014

The staff are just OK. When you ask them to pick you up at the airport the driver may ask you if you would like to visit a shop which sells marble products,but you can ask them to take you away from it whenever you want. Maybe the staff could be more friendly and hospitable.

great place to stay with a pool and a nice party vibe... Hoi An is one of those places that can really suck you in, and it was definitely an enjoyable stay at Sunflower. a fair 15min walk to the bars and stuff but all in all great facilities and staff

Great hostel/hotel with a v good atmosphere. Staff very helpful and a great location inbetween the beach and the town.