Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

noisy room, please fix the fan!!

Found staff helpful but rude and abrupt !! Breakfast was good but food from the resturant was awful !! Clean hostel and to be fair you get what you pay for.

Great place to stay in hoi an. One of the best included breakfasts weve had so far. Walking distance to lots of good food and sights. More active social scene at night than most.

Good pool, staff were accommodating and friendly. We arrived in the morning on the overnight bus and were able to use the showers and washrooms prior to checking in. The free breakfast buffet is great and there were loads of other backpackers around. Slight downside is that it takes about 20mins walking to get to town.

The staff of this hostel is colder than ice. They don't care about you at all, are not helpful and are even extremely rude. At 9 am when people were all still sleeping in my room, they just turned on the lights and started cleaning the room. When I asked them if they knew where to buy an iphone charger they told me there was nothing close, when there was a electronic shop next door. Don't expect a smile or a warm welcome. Oh and the rooms are dirty and smelly, and the people (too) drunk.

They assigned us a room and then changed it an hour later. The bathrooms are in bad shape. The hostel seemed conpletely booked and the staff overwhelmed. Good breakfast though.

The rooms are clean, the outdoor seating and pool are great, as is breakfast. However the front desk was under staffed. We were trying to book buses and it took forever since the person at the front desk was so busy checking in other guests and then when she was finally available it turned out she couldn't even help us and we had to wait 5min (more like 20 min) until the man came back.

The best asset of this hostel is its amazing breakfast buffet with really good food. They also have a pretty nice bar by the pool that gets busy in the evening. The staff, however, are straight-up indifferent towards everyone and even rude at times. Rooms are ok, I found their bunk beds rather uncomfortable, but the facilities are overall good.

Fantastic atmosphere and common area. Really easy to meet lots of people. Delicious buffet breakfast. Really easy to hire bikes (20,000VND) to ride into the old town (approx 2km away) or the beach (approx 4km away). Slightly longer walk into town, but there is a few restaurants etc surrounding the hostel. Would stay here again!

The hostel is nice, with a busy bar, flat TVs/beamer close to a swimming pool. It is located 2km from the old village. It is mostly booked by young travelers. I was not happy with the staff, some of them argued with each other publicly and when I checked out they tried to make me pay more for the laundry I geve them. I got some money back after complaining, but I did not receive an apology.

Was a great hostel with a good atmosphere, especially near the pool. Wifi didn't reach rooms. Breakfast was awesome. It is a bit of a walk to old town, but not too terrible.

I stayed here because it seems as though most backpackers do during their stay in Hoi An. Be prepared for a massive amount of people compared to a typical hostel. Biggest downside is that at around 3am every night, you'll have a large group of drunk people getting back from the bar/pub crawl. I could deal with it, but I'm sure it's aggravating to others. The pool area and breakfast buffet were nice though

The hostel is far from the center,you will have to count an extra dollar a day to rent a bike.I really didn't appreciate is the fact that the staff were not honest,I ask them how much it was by local bus to get to the airport they told 3$ for the taxi (it was 2$)and then 2$ for the bus ride (it was 1$)and then from the bus station to the airport 10$ (they dropped you close to the airport). obviously, she wanted me to book her minivan for 15$ which is the same price (no) and much more convenient

Very good but expensive beers and very noisy. Still good vibes however.

Bad hostel. They overbooked the rooms twice. Dorms are crowded and dirty

• 11th Feb 2015

Stayed in a 6-bed dorm - extremely noisy at night with banging on doors and shouting. Our bath was removed leaving us with a concrete basin and a sign to use the showers on the ground floor. We weren't given an explanation or apology for this nor were we offered any compensation. The staff are very unhelpful. They do not smile and they never seem to answer your questions. They also overcharged us on check out. Only highlight is the pool and free breakfast but watch out for the flies on fruit.

Nice place to stay for backpackers. Certain to meet others travelling the same way. Free breakfast buffet. Maybe not what westerners are used to for breakfast but good food. Only would say to book any Danang airport transfer elsewhere. There are tourist offices all down the street selling Hoi An express shuttle service for less than half the hotel bus. It was perfectly acceptable service. Arrived on time etc.

Great place to meet sexy young travelers and enjoy the day by the pool and night night at the outdoor pool patio bar. Lots of rooms, great area of town with busy stores and restaurants a plenty.

Good breakfast, fun area to hang around outside

This place was great. The downstairs pool, table and billiards table was great place for socialising and drinking. We stayed in a private so the room and bathroom was quite spacious. The location was ok - about a 5-6min bicycle ride to the city centre and about a 10min cycle to the main beach. Staff were helpful and friendly. Best thing about this place was the pre-drinking downstairs and going to why not bar after. Overall, definitely the place to stay for meeting people and having a good time.