Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

We enjoyed our stay at the Sunflower. Great location,10 minutes walk from the old town (and next to a restaurant that does 3000 D beer!). Free breakfast is good; omelettes and pancakes cooked to order, as well as a buffet of other food to choose from. The staff were efficient and helped us when asked, but weren't the smiliest we've encountered! Bed massive and very comfortable, and we had an actual bath in our bathroom! Wifi was disappointing - intermittent at best even in lobby. Recommended.

Big party hostel, even though they call themselves a hotel. I wouldn't recommend this place to families or couples who want a quiet getaway. They hold your passports until you've paid which is unnecessary. I asked someone to clean my bed after the last guest just left, and I'm 90% sure they just rearranged the sheets and pillow. It didn't look or feel clean at all. The blanket and the walls were dirty.

had a poor stay here, we booked into a 6 bed dorm and there were 8 beds in it then they double booked our rooms and moved us to another hotel and said they would pay for the taxi ride then when the taxi drove us they refused to pay. the breakfast was excellent however, dont skip on the pancakes, the lady who makes them is a genius

• 28th Jan 2015

I spents three nights at this hostel. Pros: good rooms, swimming pool, spring break vibe, amazing all-you-can-eat breakfast. Cons: lacks individual plugs and lights for each bed; staff can be very rude, spring break vibe. Overall, I had a great stay!

Seriously amazing breakfast. Good location, clean, spacious comfy rooms, and really hot water!

A really nice and luxury place. For me it was a bit to resort-ish, but if you're into that this is perfekt! There's a great pool, a bar/restaurant where you can get both vestern and vietnamese food and at night there's always music and coctails and options for a party.

This hostel was great! All young backpackers its got a pool and a bar and the best buffet breakfast you'll ever get for free. Also get a free water at checkout. The rooms were clean and we had a tv and hot water. It was a 10-15 minute walk to town. Highly recommended.

Arrived to a good welcome. Used the pool but it was very cold as it's in the shade most of the day. Room was ok but sheets were dirty. Lots of teens celebrating aussie day so it may be quieter other times.

fun hostel with great breakfast. rooms could have been cleaner but not bad

Most of the staff were awesome, but there some that didn't seem overly welcoming. The place is close to the beach and close to old town and I met some really cool people there. Definitely recommended.

As a solo traveller I felt this hostel was one big group where it was pretty hard to merge in, too big in my opinion. Location is ~ 15m from old town and the breakfast is absolutely amazing, unlimited eggs/pancakes/fruit etc.

The main Receptionist whos name escapes me is absolutely wonderful. She makes the hotel what it is! 10 outta 10 would stay again!

• 23rd Jan 2015

Great staff and very helpful, fun nightlife and clean

Great buffet breakfast & pool/bar area. But the dorms aren't the cleaniest

This is definitely a party hostel and not for people after a god nights sleep. The beds are noisy and people come and go all through the night. The bar is decent and breakfast is very good value. The staff are pretty rude. If you are after sightseeing and exploring beautiful Hoi An I would choose somewhere closer to the Old Town.

20 min walk to the ancient town, you can hire scooters/cycles from outside the hostel for a decent price. Outdoor bar area is decent with a good atmosphere. Breakfast buffet is the best thing about this hostel. All you can eat and plenty of choices. My major issue with this hostel is the staff. The reception staff are un friendly and I did not find them to be welcoming at all. The bar staff on the other hand were nicer. The wifi here is poor and the beds I also found to be rather hard.

My second time staying in this hostel, The staff are amazing- Kind, funny and very helpful! The hostel is very large and the dorms are ok, the beds are a little on the hard side but I like it this way, you have a large locker to store your things but take a lock with you.. The attractions at the Japanese bridge is roughly a 25 minute walk and night life is about a 15-20 minute walk. I would recommend getting a bicycle or motorbike to commute doing any type of tours! :)

This is a party hostel with cool atmosphere. Quite a walk from the old town. Rooms are dirty and power sockets not working.

Great atmosphere. Will meet lots of people here

Easy walk to the market and old town, nice breakfasts.