Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

1906 Total Reviews

Staff looked like they hated life but good facilities and breakfast

overrated for me but still a decent llace to stay

I have never seen a staff less willing to help their customers and the swimming pool was quite dirty (we couldn't see the bottom).

• 23rd Jul 2015

I've been to a lot of hostels/budget hotels whilst travelling and this one was recommended to us. However, this one failed to please! The staff were very rude when we arrived and during our three nights. The room we stayed in didn't have a safe and our air conditioning didn't work for the first two nights. We complained and on our third night we came back to our room with two men trying to fix it. They managed to fix it but we found out the next day someone had taken $100 U.S. Dollars.

• 23rd Jul 2015

A fun and sociable place to stay, with a good atmosphere and helpful staff. It's more like a hostel than a hotel. I would recommend staying here!

Nice spacious rooms with good sized lockers (need your own padlock). No bed lights and lack of individual plus sockets made dorm rooms a bit more difficult. Never had hot water in the shower but not always a bad thing after a hot day. Staff were helpful but not particularly friendly. Bar and pool area is nice and plays good music until quite late.

Great hostel. What sets Sunflower apart is the big pool in the back with all the sun beds next to a bar that always has fun people to meet.

Great location, great breakfast buffet, but staff were boarding on rude at times. They just didn't seem to care.

The staff was not helpful everytime we needed something. Moreover, the room had several cockroaches and the sheets were not clean.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Portugal

Great pool and good service, but nothing special.

To be honest I was a little disappointed with this hostel. I've only heard fabulous things but I have to say I didn't love it. The beds are hard rocks (good pillow and duvet though), A/c doesn't really work, our room didn't have a fan, no hot water and the towels were dirty. However, the buffet breakfast was AMAZING and so was the pool. Garden bar had a great atmosphere and the bahn my lady outside was delicious. Don't not stay here, just don't have crazy high expectations.

Everyone stays here, Which makes it great. Really social, decent beds, and good food which is cheap. Happy hour doesn't stop, which is amazing. About 1km from the centre of town, but worth staying here

Really noisy bunk beds, Ensuite bathroom wasn't the best. Pool and bar atmosphere was spot on. If you are looking for a party this is the place to be! Other travelers seem to come here to chill.

Staff at reception where ok, but all other staff so rude. Breakfast was good and you had lots of options to pick from. Pool was full bugs, but does get cleaned but they need to get a met to scoop out the dead bugs. Good offers on there drinks and brilliant atmosphere. I was laid in bed one morning and the cleaners only changed the under sheet and pillow case, the duvet doesn't get changed which I thought was shocking.

Average hostel. Rude bar and waiting staff. Concierge was constantly wanting to know where we were going, including telling us it was "too early" for the beach so that we would pay for a breakfast (it's never too early for the beach).

We booked this hotel as we had been told by everyone that it was the best place to stay due to having a pool and bar. Ow ever when we arrived we were very disappointed by the state of our room, which the wifi didn't work in, air con didn't work and nor did any of the sockets. When we approached the staff to ask them to fix it we were told them there was nothing they could do and we needed to get on with it, having originally planned 3 nights there we stayed for one, and went somewhere better

• 14th Jul 2015

good location, good atmosphere, party hostel

vibes are pretty good, we met a lot of cool people :) restaurant staff and food isn't overwhelming but okay. breakfast buffet is huge! surely recommend :)

• 13th Jul 2015
  • Switzerland

Stay here!! A great hostel/hotel with a really social pool and bar downstairs. A little way out of town but that means you are closer to the beach! Would definitely recommend this hotel, I had a great time staying here.

Own lockers in the dorms. You just need your own padlock. Saw a cockroach in the bathroom one night. Swimming pool and breakfast / resteraunt really good!

• 13th Jul 2015