Sunflower Hotel Hoi An Reviews

397 Cua Dai Road, Downtown, Hoi An, Vietnam

asked for early check-in, but wasn't allowed to check in before noon. When I did check in, others staying in the room told me the bed had been ready for three hours already... But ready isn't quite true: The bed had been made, but the sheets had not been changed. Apparently a common occurrence... Staff is really rude. Only positive is that it's a social hostel, but so are a lot of others in town! Would not recommend staying.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • Norway

The Sunflower is an excellent place to stay. My only criticism is that it is full of kids and the pool and bar encourage this. The room and bed, the food its all great. Even though I was backpacking the general atmosphere of these kind of places is not to my taste and kind of spoils the treat of being in another country as pool partys, fights and general debauchery can be found anywhere if your looking for something a bit special or chilled out then this isn't the one for you.

I had a private room and it was pretty good. Nice beds and a good bathroom. The hostel itself is clean and welcoming. The pool outside is awesome and they also have a bar and pool table where the vibe is good. The breakfast was amazing and free and the regular food you can order from the bar was pretty good too. It is located right in between old town and the beach and mopeds and bikes are very cheap to rent outside. Staff is super helpful and friendly. I would 100% stay her again.

I had a very comfortable stay at Sunflower. You can rent towels for free and bicycles for 20k. Wifi is very slow though. I had a pretty good room but I have heard some rooms aren't so good. The breakfast buffet is awesome. It's great to socialize here and the location is great. Overall, worth it.

Was an ok place , had a good group of people there so made it that bit much better, had a nice pool and would stay there again!

Great pool...great location...a lot of other people told me they thought the staff was rude and pushy but I only found them to be mildly so. Great buffet for breakfast.

No shower trays in all the bathrooms, resulting in a soaking wet room, nowhere comfy to relax, but good fun in the bar. Too expensive in comparison to other options close by and some of the rooms are like dungeons, we did move rooms and it was much better.

• 27th Mar 2015

This place is great if you want to party, but only because it's full of other like-minded travellers. I didn't find the staff or hostel contributed to the fun I had at all, very few events or promotions run by the hostel, but plenty of people to make your own fun with.

Big party hostel with secure rooms and a big buffet breakfast. It's only about a 20 min walk away from the old town and there are several really nice restaurants nearby. The main downsides here were the unfriendly staff and appalling laundry service but otherwise absolutely worth staying here.

Good: nice building, small pool, outdoor bar, great buffet breakfast, friendly staff who put up with a lot from drunk kids. Bad: Dirty sheets, dirty walls, bunks that squeaked with the slightest movement, awkward shower, 20min walk to the sights/tailors.

Amazing breakfast and lovely pool/bar area. During my stay I found the staff very helpful especially when my friend needed to go to hospital! Only annoyance was my bunk bed was so rickety and made so much noise. Would stay again.

The hostel was good, with a nice pool and bar. They had a good location and the bikes you could rent were cheap, plus they had maps to help you get around. Some of the staff were rude and didn't seem helpful and our room didn't get cleaned properly in the 4 nights we were there. The breakfast included was great, wish they stayed open till 11 though! The other food we order wasn't so good, we ordered pizza and then pasta and were very disappointed. Good but not great for $8 a night!

Sunflower is a party hostel so don't go here if you want to enjoy a quiet stay. The staff are nice and helpful. The breakfast is incredible. The location is ok, not the best in Hoi An, but good enough. I stayed here twice.

Bed sheets hadn't been cleaned. When confronting reception they where apologetic and said they would do it right away. When I returned it still hasn't been done and there where no staff available apart from a non English speaking security guard.

Real party hostel. Had some bad nights because of drunk roommates, puking in the room. But the breakfast is awesome, the beds are clean, staff is friendly and let you change rooms if u want to.. Good restaurant options. Wifi isn't very good. But overall a pleasant stay!

This is a really clean and popular hostel in Hoi An. The staff are helpful and I found it to be well organised and always clean. However, it is more of a hotel/hostel so there isn't a common room/tv room, although the pool area and bar make up for it. The breakfast is good, just make sure that you get there before 930. However it is a little further out of the city centre and the hostel doesn't provide free bikes like other places which is a bit of a let down.

Due to the lack of hostels in Hoi An, many travellers stay here creating a fairly sociable atmosphere. However, it is quite far from the main town centre and has the feel of an all inclusive resort as opposed to a hostel.

If you like to stay in a party-hostel and don't care about cleanliness - stay there. Party by the pool and breakfast is good. At the end of our long journey we preferred a more silent and comfortable place. So we moved to another hotel.

I didn't like it. I made a reservation for a 6bed dorm, I got a 8bed dorm, but that wasn't the biggest issue. The rooms are old, bedsheets were dirty, my pillow was moldy, I got the feeling that they don't clean the floors. The bathroom is dirty and moldy. The room only had 1 power point. Wifi is good. The common area is ok, pool is nice. A lot of groups go to this place. The reception staff is nice and the cleaning ladies greet you, but the barstaff is really unfriendly. Would not stay again.

Stayed in a triple, was cleaned daily and high ceilings with great AC. Good value! The breakfast and pool make it worth it even though it's about a 20minute walk to the little town